Luteal Phase Defect while breastfeeding - I am certain fertilization occurred this month... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-22-2010, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am still breastfeeding my 26 month old - and have had my fairly regular AF since DS was 19 months old when I stopped pumping during work.  I am using the CBEFM and had two peak days this month where we had pretty good timing....A few days later I FELT pregnant - I was super bloated, had weird cravings and was really tired.  And then AF came ~11 DPO which makes me certain I have a LPD.  My AF seemed a little different than normal...sort of like more clotting? Which also makes me think we had a fertilized egg and it just didn't stick. Has this happened to any of you?

#2 of 4 Old 11-27-2010, 06:34 AM

yes, it happens to me. I have the same issue with my cycle, but when I got up to 11 days I was able to carry to term (with help from my acupuncturist).

I try not to "count" the ones that happen at the same time as I would normally have AF, otherwise I could make myself completely crazy.

mom to: M born Aug 2011 & K 2yo

#3 of 4 Old 11-30-2010, 01:46 PM

Fairly often. I've gotten faint + hpts on those really sensitive tests (10miu) and then got af the next day.  An RE once told me that I likely conceive quite well, but nothing can stick.  I try not to think about that.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#4 of 4 Old 12-01-2010, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)

Yep, this happened to me several times.  Including clotty periods preceeded a day or two by very light spotting and mild cramping.  Ever since actively trying, most cycles have been a few days shorter than the regular 34-45 day cycle.  Had nursed dd until this past summer (nearly 3.5 yr) and for several months after able to still squeeze a bit of milk out.  Didn't have prolactin levels checked but I'm guessing they would have been elevated.  AFter a year and half of timing intercourse around ovulation, finally went to my OB earlier this summer.  Hormonal bloodwork, HSG, SA all normal, but she figured it was a luteal defect based on the info I gave her re. my cycles.  She said the treatment for luteal defect is generally clomiphene citrate (Clomid, Serophene) ...to create a more robust corpus luteum which secretes the progesterone needed to support the uterine lining for implantation. Good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page