December 2010 Infertility One Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 82 Old 11-30-2010, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

A monthly thread to talk about all of our various journeys through the difficult, trying, and often heartbreaking world of infertility. This thread is a place to chat, vent, get support, cheer each other on, and hopefully occasionally laugh!

Trying to Conceive #1

First Shot Photo - TTC #1 since Feb 09. Hoping 50mg of Clomid is the answer!

SimplyRochelle - TTC #1 since May 2007; one loss at 12 weeks in September 2008; seeking holistic treatment and continuing naturally at this point; 2 failed clomid cycles; crappy insurance and limited financial resources while in nursing school keep us from going further but we'll get there one day

ValH - TTC#1 since 01/10 with LP defect and a blocked fallopian tube. Now on Clomid and praying for a miracle. songtothemoon - TTC#1 since May 2009. Attempting IVF in the very near future!

rhiandmoi - TTC #1 since November 2008. Just starting to get tested to see what is going on.

Silverbird - TTC #1 with MFI and one ovary

AutumnLaughing~32, TTC #1 since June of 2008, PCOS + possible endo, clear HSG, using progesterone cream, DH ambivilent due to unemployment.

Blueyezz4~Unexplained Infertility; TTC “#1” which is really #3 after losing #1 & #2 (twin boys at 22.5wks on 6-20-09 conceived after trying for 3yrs). We are heading toward IVF now after 3 more failed follistim/IUI cycles! Fingers crossed!!

indianagrl~36, DH also 36. TTC #1 since 10/08 with unexplained infertility.

fierrbug Tiara (33), DH (34) – TTC #1 since 2001, 3 mc’s. Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency (AGHD) which relates to other hormone/insulin/egg quality issues + some clotting properties. In limbo awaiting a miracle to get GH injections in conjunction with a future IUI.

stretch358~TTC since Aug. 08 with hashimoto's thyroiditis. Other than that the RE says Unexplained Infertility.

ladylaura~Laura, 25, TTC#1 since May 2007, using donor sperm b/c of husband's genetic defect.

InGodsHands- Me:30 Mild Endo, Possible PCOS; DH: 32 Perfect except for low morphology. TTC #1 since March 08. Currently doing 2nd IUI with femera/follistim/trigger. Hoping for a miracle!

simplymere~ pregnant once 2 years ago, lost pregnancy. Trying Clomid for the first time now, due to not feeling sure about having medical help. Did have moderate endometriosis removed Febuary 2009. Overall a frustrating journey.

Trying To Conceive #2

Wallabi - Sara, mama to a fabulous four year old who came home at age two and a half, fighting primary infertility on and off since 2002 with endo and gluten troubles - one year gluten free! - hoping 2011 will see me pregnant!

mindfulmomma - TTC#2 since April 2009. Unexplained Secondary Infertility. Had HSG, bloodwork and Clomid challenge so far.

Jenger - TTC#2 since August 2009, diagnosed with mild hypothyroidism in August 2010

Trying To Conceive #3

zanelee- TTC#3 for 4 years now. Secondary IF due to cervical cancer surgery, and possibly non-care from doctor at that time. May have other issues now related to the non-care. (Trying not to be bitter) Dh SA is great. Have our first RE appt. next week. Praying!

NishaG - TTC #3 since January 2009.

Trying To Conceive #4

MoOnFiReGlOw - TTC #4 since April '09. Had MFI due to medications. Now off meds for 1 month and hoping to get a bfp here soon.

Taking a Break

MrsD08~Samantha 24, DH 31, TTC Baby D. #1 since September 2009 with male factor infertility. Saw a new Urologist 2/23 and 4/18. He does not want to proceed with ANYTHING until we get a SA....UGHHHHHH! First RE appt. 7/14!

Graduates
(May everyone who passes through this thread find her way to this section!)

Tear78, Lesliesara63, no5no5, Minkajane, EastbayK, Grapesbunch, thtr4me, alexaskj, trumpcard, poetgirl, ann_of_loxley, Brichole1214

Losses

Milletpuff, Victorian Patch, lovebug

Missing in Action
I just went through and deleted those who haven't posted since May. If you are still lurking but haven't posted let me know and I'll add you again!!

PLEASE let the thread keeper know if there is anything you would like to add/ delete/ change from your synopsis above. Bolding requests is appreciated!

Weekend Wrap-Up
Name:
CD:
DPO (if applicable):
Testing:
Trying Since:
Plan for this Cycle:
Link to Chart (if applicable):
Thoughts:

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 82 Old 12-02-2010, 02:41 PM

Hey ladies! I'm going to go ahead and come back over into this world and back into the chaos of ttc.  I've been here many times over the past 3 years but promise I'll really try and stick around this time. I'm sad to see so many familiar names still but really excited to see all the recent IVF graduates.

Name: Rochelle
TTC #: 1
CD: 1
DPO (if applicable): n/a
Testing: I had a bunch of blood work done in August that all came back normal; DH will be having an SA done sometime during the next few months
Trying Since: May 2007
Plan for this Cycle: A new clinic just opened up in my town that offers a holistic treatment of infertility and I have an appt with them on the 13th. Hopefully I can just bring the blood work with me and won't have to pay for it to be duplicated. Other than that, no plans out of the ordinary. We've been letting ttc take more of a back burner in our lives over the past 5 months since we had two failed clomid cycles but still trying since I'm always super in the mood around ovulation. I have really crappy insurance that won't cover any of this but hopefully it will be somewhat affordable.
Link to Chart (if applicable): http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/simplyrochelle
Thoughts: Ready to be back in this world after our hiatus, although every one thinks we're crazy to keep trying while I'm in nursing school. We would give up anything at this point to become parents and other people just don't get that.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#3 of 82 Old 12-02-2010, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyRochelle View Post

Hey ladies! I'm going to go ahead and come back over into this world and back into the chaos of ttc.  I've been here many times over the past 3 years but promise I'll really try and stick around this time. I'm sad to see so many familiar names still but really excited to see all the recent IVF graduates.

It's nice to see you back Rochelle but I don't think you get it, the idea is to graduate not stick around! orngbiggrin.gif Though I guess if you got pregant but still hung around to talk to us would be the best!

Thanks for the new thread moonfireglow!

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#4 of 82 Old 12-02-2010, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

joy.gif Welcome Rochelle! joy.gif

If you want to give me a little blurb I can add you to our list!

How are you liking nursing school?

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#5 of 82 Old 12-02-2010, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Rochelle, hi!  I so hope that you get your BFP soon!!!!  blowkiss.gif

Moonfireglow, I think I might take the plunge and ask you to move me to the graduates list.  I want to embrace these little babies and celebrate that they are with us.  We're 5 weeks today.  Deep, deep breaths, and faith!!!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#6 of 82 Old 12-02-2010, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

Moonfireglow, I think I might take the plunge and ask you to move me to the graduates list.  I want to embrace these little babies and celebrate that they are with us.  We're 5 weeks today.  Deep, deep breaths, and faith!!!

OMG! Congrats hun! joy.gif

:stick babies :stick!!

#7 of 82 Old 12-02-2010, 08:38 PM

Tear, I am sooooo glad to see you moving to the other side!!! Hope you don't mind I moved you over in the veteran's thread. love.gif

Hmmm....a blurb: Unexplained infertility at this point. TTC #1 since May 2007; one loss at 12 weeks in September 2008; seeking holistic treatment and continuing naturally at this point; 2 failed clomid cycles; crappy insurance and limited financial resources while in nursing school keep us from going further but we'll get there one day

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#8 of 82 Old 12-02-2010, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyRochelle View Post

Tear, I am sooooo glad to see you moving to the other side!!! Hope you don't mind I moved you over in the veteran's thread. love.gif

Hmmm....a blurb: Unexplained infertility at this point. TTC #1 since May 2007; one loss at 12 weeks in September 2008; seeking holistic treatment and continuing naturally at this point; 2 failed clomid cycles; crappy insurance and limited financial resources while in nursing school keep us from going further but we'll get there one day

Awesome! Got ya added smile.gif

We are pretty much in the same position in our household as well. We have MFI, but crappy insurance and no $$ as we are both in school so I definitely feel your pain there!

#9 of 82 Old 12-03-2010, 05:37 AM

moonfire - Could I get added to the list, too?  Here's a blurb:  TTC#1 since 01/10 with LP defect and a blocked fallopian tube.  Now on Clomid and praying for a miracle. 

Tear78 - Congrats, and best of luck to you!  Do you mind if I move you to the graduate list in the 30-somethings thread in the TTC section? 

Rochelle - Good luck, I hope you get your BFP soon.

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#10 of 82 Old 12-03-2010, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Got ya added Val! Welcome orngbiggrin.gif

#11 of 82 Old 12-03-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Tear78 - Congrats, and best of luck to you!  Do you mind if I move you to the graduate list in the 30-somethings thread in the TTC section? 

Thanks for the congrats, ladies!  ValH, sure!  I haven't posted there in a really long time, since retreating over here, so I felt a little shy to pop in and post my good news.  I feel like celebrating this pregnancy in the here and now, so I guess go ahead and move me please, if you want to.  Thinking positive healthy thoughts for Monday!

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#12 of 82 Old 12-03-2010, 06:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hi Everyone-

CD1 for me, so I am terribly sad, again... 

Nice to hear from you Rochelle!

Tear, my sweet cyber-friend, as I said before, I am so excited for you. I really wanted to graduate with you!  And, I think your sister lives near my parents...

Weekend Wrap-Up
Name: jenger
TTC #:2
CD:1
Trying Since: August 2009, 17 cycles
Plan for this Cycle: Nothing, except for to see an RE.  I have once before, but stopped at progesterone, SA and a round of clomid.  We're going to consult on what should come next. (I did my cd3 blood work elsewhere)... HSG? Clomid Challenge? Something else? 
Link to Chart (if applicable):http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/jenger
Thoughts: Ugg.  I am so depressed.  This is so dang hard.

Mama to Little Beedust.gif born April 2007 -

Expecting a new little one in Mid-October, after 3 1/2 years TTC

#13 of 82 Old 12-04-2010, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Well guys, I got my + htp, but I'm spotting worse than yesterday. Still not enough to get on undies yet but I had to put on a liner just in case. I'm scared this is another chemical, but here is the test anyway for your viewing pleasure:

SANY0682.jpg

I hope it sticks!! I won't be counting on anything though until this bleeding stops and I get some darker tests going.

#14 of 82 Old 12-04-2010, 10:11 AM

oh!  oh, oh!!  MFG!!!  fingersx.gif  Stick, baby, stick!!! sticky.gif

jenger, hug.gif  I'm so sorry about CD1.  I hope you get your sticky baby soon!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#15 of 82 Old 12-04-2010, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

oh!  oh, oh!!  MFG!!!  fingersx.gif  Stick, baby, stick!!! sticky.gif

I hope it does hun! It would be awesome to be in the same DDC joy.gif I really shouldn't have even posted it yet w/the spotting and such, I was just so d@mn happy to see two lines that I had to share with someone! I hope this tapers today, but its already getting a bit worse. Still only spotting, but now on my pad.

#16 of 82 Old 12-04-2010, 02:01 PM

energy.gifCongrats moonfireglow! hope this one sticks for you!

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#17 of 82 Old 12-04-2010, 06:48 PM

Well MFG I'll be happy for you right now! I hope the spotting goes away and you get a better test tomorrow. I'm six weeks now and still spotting. Hopefully I'll have some good news on Wednesday after the u/s but I'm not holding my breath.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#18 of 82 Old 12-04-2010, 08:13 PM

Yay MFG!!!! We'll carry some hope for you! Keep posting pictures as your lines get darker!

#19 of 82 Old 12-04-2010, 11:14 PM

MFG - hooray!! joy.gif hooray!!

and congrats to Tear, too!! joy.gif

I`d better ask you to add me to the opening post list now, before you move on to sunnier pastures!   :)

Wallabi - Sara, mama to a fabulous four year old who came home at age two and a half, fighting primary infertility on and off since 2002 with endo and gluten troubles - one year gluten free! - hoping 2011 will see me pregnant!

meanwhile, I am waiting to O, expecting to do so today or tomorrow, and will start taking progesterone drug thingy (forgot the name!) once my temp rises, and while I know I have problems far beyond low progesterone, I can`t help but hope. fingers crossed!

#20 of 82 Old 12-05-2010, 08:03 AM

Wow!!! Praying for you all that BFP!!!! Keep sticking babies!!!!

I am still waiting to O. It's coming any day now, so dh has been doing his part. :)

I've noticed that I don't feel well every month about O time. (like a cold coming on) anyone else get that?

Jennifer, Wifey to Stevenwinky.gif, Mommy to Gwhistling.gif and Hfairy.gif. TTC for 5 years.
Praying for God to bless us again!

#21 of 82 Old 12-05-2010, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Lesliesara63 - I'm hoping your appt is good hun! It will give me hope as well hug.gif

Thanks so much guys! The spotting is back this morning eyesroll.gif Its pretty decent on the tp, but not making it to the undies so I'm still counting it a win. It seems that its worst when I first wake up then it slowly tapers throughout the day after I take my prenatal and down a ton of water. I think I'm going to test again in a few days to see if the line is getting any darker before I call it official.

#22 of 82 Old 12-05-2010, 10:20 AM

Weekend Wrap-Up
Name: Silverbird
TTC #: 1
CD: 10
DPO (if applicable): N/A
Testing: N/A
Trying Since: June 2010
Plan for this Cycle: see the doc
Link to Chart (if applicable):
Thoughts: Feeling really nervoous about my first appoinmnet with the fetility doc? Anyone have any advise?

#23 of 82 Old 12-06-2010, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter

Well guys, I started cramping BAD last night and this morning woke up to a m/c so I'll be with you all for a while longer...

#24 of 82 Old 12-06-2010, 07:10 AM

Ohhh MFG, that is just soooo unfair!!! I am so sorry hug2.gif Take it easy today.

#25 of 82 Old 12-06-2010, 11:14 AM

:(  I'm sorry, MoOnFiReGlOw  candle.gif

Remembering our 3 losses

#26 of 82 Old 12-06-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoOnFiReGlOw View Post

Well guys, I started cramping BAD last night and this morning woke up to a m/c so I'll be with you all for a while longer...

hug2.gif all I can say :(

#27 of 82 Old 12-06-2010, 12:17 PM

moonfire - hug2.gif So sorry for you! 

#28 of 82 Old 12-06-2010, 12:39 PM

I'm so, so sorry MFG! Hugs!!!

Jennifer, Wifey to Stevenwinky.gif, Mommy to Gwhistling.gif and Hfairy.gif. TTC for 5 years.
Praying for God to bless us again!

#29 of 82 Old 12-06-2010, 12:47 PM

Weekend Wrap-Up
Name:  Valerie
TTC #:  TTC #1

CD:  CD15
DPO (if applicable):  Still waiting to O... but EWCM has dried up and OPKs are negative again, so I'm thinking maybe I O'ed late last night and my temp just hasn't risen yet??  Hopefully.
Testing:  Who knows.
Trying Since:  January 2010 (with LP defect and one blocked fallopian tube)
Plan for this Cycle:  Took Clomid for the first time earlier in my cycle
Link to Chart (if applicable):  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e5d89

Thoughts:   When the heck am I going to O? 

#30 of 82 Old 12-06-2010, 03:19 PM

Name: Rhiannon

TTC #:1

CD: 12

DPO (if applicable): n/a

Testing: I'll start POAS if I make it to 17dpIUI on 12/23. Unless I get put on progesterone tomorrow. Then I guess I have to test at 14 dpIUI on 12/21.

Trying Since: Nov 2008

Plan for this Cycle:I did clomid cd5-9, and went for an ultrasound on cd11 and had 1 big follicle (26mm). Went in for my trigger today (CD12) Doing IUI tomorrow (CD13)!!!! DH has to be at the clinic as 730 am to do his part, and then I go in at 1030 and get basted.

Link to Chart (if applicable): http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2680e7

Thoughts: Really excited. I did the trigger about 2 hours ago and I can really feel it right now. This is going to be a nice juicy egg and all we need is for one good spermie to find it!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page