Is day 8 too soon for HCG to be gone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-05-2010, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I did a SQ trigger with Novarel last Saturday in preparation for an IUI on Monday.  I was told not to test for pregnancy until my Beta on December 15, because the HCG can stay in the body for an extended period of time, leading to false positives.  I've read several posts on here from women who POAS daily to see when the HCG leaves the system, so they know if a positive is truly a positive.  Tonight, for grins, I POAS to see if it would still be positive from the trigger.  It was negative and, of course, now I'm obsessing if day 8 is too soon for it to be gone? 

Wife to DH, Mom to DD (5/14/04) and our IVF miracle DS (10/12/12)!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2010, 07:38 PM

I seem to remember that it takes, on average, 8-10 days for HCG to leave your system. That just puts you at the low end of normal, and I wouldn't worry that it is "too soon". Also, keep in mind you tested in the evening, when your urine is likely to be very diluted.

Good luck mama, I hope you get your BFP soon!

L, student nurse and married to A, my union man. Happy parents to little S!   joy.gif

Old 12-07-2010, 12:32 PM

Yea, I believe 9 days is where you should really start to see a -, so, seeing one now is a little early, but a good starting point.

good luck!

Once again, Chesapeake me!
Old 12-07-2010, 05:06 PM

I used dollar store hpt's w/ fmu and found that it was out of my system by day 5 when I was doing IUI's w/ trigger shots.  I think every person's system is different though.  Good luck to you!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

User Tag List