More natural alternative to IVF post-transfer progesterone and estradiol supplementation? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-07-2010, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone- I am currently doing a natural-cycle frozen embryo transfer (FET). Our infertility is due to an accident my husband had as a teenager that severed his vas deferens- basically a vasectomy. All tests on me have come back entirely normal, and once my husband's sperm was surgically extracted, his sperm was fine. Our first IVF cycle 3 years ago was textbook perfect- both embryos transferred implanted and we now have beautiful, perfect twin girls. Now we're transferring one of our frozen embryos, and since there is zero evidence of any problems with my uterine lining or luteal phase I'm annoyed at having been prescribed progesterone and estradiol supplements to help implantation. I'm very "natural" in everything else in my life and while I am so glad that medical technology allows my wonderful husband to be a father after his accident, I do chafe at the extreme unnaturalness of the whole IVF process. Has anyone else skipped the progesterone and estradiol supplements and still gotten pregnant through IVF? Or do you know of more natural things I could take instead to support implantation and the uterine lining?

Thanks!

User Tag List