Need help deciding timing of IUI please! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-22-2010, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello,

I can really use some help here.

A quick background and the I'll put the question.

Child #1 was conceived on the 3rd try IUI. We don't have male factor, but all post coital tests were negative so IUI worked out pretty well. Now we are ready for #2 and after trying naturally and no luck we are back to the clinic.

Ok so here we go.  I am doing a natural cycle ( no clomid or anything) and I am having a pretty dark opk today and tomorrow's will be positive as I know from experience,

I can do 2 IUI back to back, does anyone think this is worth it? I have heard there is only a 5 percent increase in chances.

If I were to do 2 they want me coming in tfor the first on the day of the surge and one the next day.

My concern is that the first IUI will have all the good swimmers but they will all be dead by the time the egg shows up, am I right?

I think washed sperm only lives about 12 hours.

So should I just go ahead and do the one IUI they day after surge?

Any input is appreciated!

Thank you

Proud mother of girl born 3/1/2009
#2 of 2 Old 12-24-2010, 05:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Are you using frozen sperm? My doctor just used half the vial and put the rest back in the freezer for the next day. But if it's not staying frozen, it should have better chances of surviving inside your body than out.

And if you're using fresh sperm, can your donor or DP make a second deposit on the second day?

good luck and merry xmas!

single mama, started TTC Jan 2009, 12 IUIs w/frozen sperm, 3 self-insem w/fresh sperm; IVF cycle March 2011 gave me my beautiful daughter who is now 2 yrs old!!! Trying to make her a baby sibling from my frosties, 2 natural cycle FETs=bfn, on a medicated FET cycle now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page