TTC with Primary Amenorrhea - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-23-2010, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

I was diagnosed with Primary Amenorrhea at the age of 15 when my period showed up.  They did a pelvic scan and my uterus and ovaries were small (infantile uterus).  They did an MRI, and everything was fine with my pituitary gland.  The chromosome genetic result came back normal at XX.  Hormones were way out of whack.  So I've been on the birth control pill since I was 15 to get my period (dont get period without it).  Husband and I are TTC now and it's being a little bit of a struggle.  My uterus is small which is definitely very concerning to me but it responds to injections and my lining thickens up, around 7mm.  My RE is not concerned about the size b/c he says it's made for streching (but I know it is infantile small).  I'm on my 3rd IUI cycle and will be triggering next week.  I got pregnant on my 2nd IUI but resulted in a very early miscarriage (chemical pregnancy). Have done an HSG and both tubes are open - uterus is still small though.  My ovaries respond really well and I get eggs each cycle.  Has anyone had to struggle with this? I'm so nervous that I may never become a mother - when I absolutely love children.

Husband's SA is perfect (post wash = 35 million with 92% motility).

#2 of 2 Old 12-24-2010, 05:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'd never heard of this before, but it sounds like all the news is positive...having experienced a chemical pregnancy is good news, too, as it shows that you have definitely conceived. Try to be patient and focus on the goal. It'll happen someday somehow.

Merry Xmas!

single mama, started TTC Jan 2009, 12 IUIs w/frozen sperm, 3 self-insem w/fresh sperm; IVF cycle March 2011 gave me my beautiful daughter who is now 2 yrs old!!! Trying to make her a baby sibling from my frosties, 2 natural cycle FETs=bfn, on a medicated FET cycle now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page