Winter IVF Thread - Come and join in on the Journey!!!! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 578 Old 02-08-2011, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Everyone...sorry I have been MIA for the last week or so.  Sounds like everyone is moving in the right direction!!!

Kristina!  Congratulations!!!  I think we all knew it was twins, but what a great "surprise"! 

rcr, I think we only had 1 egg that wasn't mature and didn't fertilize. 

AFM, The last week was horrible.  I had to put down my 10 year old dog and then at my u/s I found out I wasn't responding to the estrogen.  They doubled my dose and instead of a transfer this Thur I go back for another u/s.  He'll decide then if we can transfer on Valentine's day...if not, I have to wait for the "April" group.

Ugh...

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#302 of 578 Old 02-08-2011, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

BellyBean - Good to see you back!  I was starting to wonder where everyone went.  Seems like there has been a few people MIA lately.  So sorry to hear that you had to put your dog down.  Our dog is 12 and I don't even want to think about it.  He is our 1st and only baby right now and we just are trying to enjoy every day we have with him.  hug2.gif to you!!!  Also sorry to hear about how your body is responding.  Does he know why it is happening like that???  Fingers crossed for you!  April.... that is seems like a long time to have to wait... why so long?

rcr - any news???  Fingers crossed for you! That would be nice to have a transfer on Friday b/c then  you can lay low for the weekend.  Are you doing a 5 day transfer or what??

missme - Thanks for clarifying!

keria - I had torn a tendon in my elbow and needed the nerve move b/c it was being irritated... that was my initial surgery and this one is b/c not I have a popping triceps tendon that is causing problems.  Hopefully this one tomorrow at 10am will be easier than the first.  We have to be there at 8:30am and the surgery isn't until 10am.  At least it isn't as late as the first one was (2pm).  I hear ya, it is always hard when close friends get pregnant.  Pretty much all of my friends that started trying like 2 yrs after us have 2 kids by not if not 1.  I just keep waiting for it to be my turn.  One of these days it will be all of our turns here on this thread!!!

AFM - Saw my OBGYN for a check up to get violated and told my cervix is closed and that all felt fine (waste of my time, I think) and my numbers are down to 2.3, i think it was.  Grrrrrrrr!  I asked her if I could come back in two weeks instead of 1 wk just b/c this is getting a little old and she didn't really like that idea so now next Monday the 14th I go in for another blood draw.  She felt by then i would be at 0!!!  2nd elbow surgery tomorrow (wed) at 10am and then fingers crossed that AF will show up soon.  That is about it from my end.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#303 of 578 Old 02-08-2011, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

What the heck happened to my post above?  Can't figure out why it is Right justified!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#304 of 578 Old 02-08-2011, 07:35 PM

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning blue wishing you an uneventful surgery and a fast recovery. You need 2 working arms to hold your baby(ies).

Belly I'm so sorry about your dog my doggie is 11 and evne though she is healthy I worry about "the day" dogs should outlive humans. Hoping your levels wiill be were evere they need to be and you can do a V day transfer.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#305 of 578 Old 02-08-2011, 07:45 PM

BellyBean -- hi! So so sorry about your doggie. Same thing happened to me with this FET--had to postpone from Feb 1 to 19th because I didn't suppress. I am hoping your levels go up quickly on the new dose.

blueyezz4 --hope the surgery recovery is a breeze!

keria & blueyezz4--maybe you guys have some advice. I have 2 close friends and several aquaintances who have become pregnant and had babies since we started trying 2 years ago and I have been happy for all of them....except one. I guess she was always a little bit of a "frenemy" but it really came out when she got pregnant, I just did not want to be around her or have anything to do with her. I saw her at a party on Saturday--7 months along--and it was mega awkward. My husband really doesn't understand.

#306 of 578 Old 02-09-2011, 09:25 AM

Blue - I don't understand why you have to go in every week either, especially since it's been a nice downward trend and you are almost at 0.  Seems like going 2 weeks would make sense to me at this point.  Of course DH has to keep reminding me that I am not a doctor!  I hope your surgery goes well today and you recover quickly!  You will definitely need both those arms :)

Prim, Frenemies are the worst!  I have one that drives me up the wall and makes all our interactions so awkward, but there is nothing I can really do about it because all of our other friends are common. 

AFM, the reason my cycle was delayed is my lining was only 5mm instead of 7.5-8mm (not sure if mm is the correct unit of measurement).  So hopefully double the dosage has it nice and thick by tomorrow for my repeat u/s.  I haven't really slept well in the past week with everything going on and now I am a major stress case.  Starting to second guess every decision I make/made...even if I should be doing a FET right now.  Worrying about being able to give the love and attention to my DD and a new baby (or 2).  Our RE only does IVF/FET every other month.  So our next chance would be April, then June...  I wish I knew everything was going to be ok.  Sorry to be a downer, I know you all understand (and I don't have anyone else to talk/vent to).

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#307 of 578 Old 02-09-2011, 10:11 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Belly - I am so, so sorry about the loss of your dog. I have a bunch of dogs, and my oldest is 13. I dread that sad day. :hug Sorry about the estrogen.

Blue - it is noon here, so maybe you are just getting done with surgery. Hope it went well and that you are recovering in as little pain as possible.

Primi - I just saw yet another pregnancy announcement on BF yesterday. This was somebody whose 1st is about 1 1/5 years younger than my DS. ugh. I almost cried.

Blue - I hope you are right and the baby is meant to be after your surgery. I have a similar feeling. I was pregnant over the summer, but lost the baby in October. It would have been born in April, not a good time for work reasons. But if this baby works out, it will be a perfect time. I will be having the baby just after I go up for tenure, so I won't have to worry about trying to get tenure while having a newborn (plus, hey, who could deny tenure to a pregnant woman :) ). I hope this is a sign that the universe is telling me that this is the perfect time.

Keira - Hi

AFM- Looks like a Friday retrieval for me. We are going to go ahead and make a reservation at a nearby hotel so we don't have to do the 3-hour drive in the morning, especially if retrieval is like at 8 am. I already have a friend who said she is going to watch DS, and I just emailed another friend about watching our dogs. I am so nervous and excited. I am waiting to hear back from the doc, but I think hcg will be tonight. I am nervous about this shot too, as I have to do it myself. Did any of you have to do the butt shots by yourself? Was is really hard?

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#308 of 578 Old 02-09-2011, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the warm thoughts... can't talk long b/c of a sore arm and still really out of it.  All went well with the surgery they said.  So this will be a quick one.  I'll do more personals later.

rcr- i did the butt hcg but DH gave it to me.  did you DH get instructions on that?  you can watch the online video on Freedom pharmacy website about IM shots.  I had my DH practice on an orange.

okay, got to go lay down feeling so tired. 

#309 of 578 Old 02-09-2011, 02:29 PM
rcr

Glad it went well. Hope you are getting lots of rest, Blue Do you have use of your arm right away?

The problem with the shots is that DH works in another city (3 hours away) and is only home Thursday night - Sunday night (damn economy), so I am all alone the rest of the time, and I need to give them to myself. the nurse showed me how to do it. I am still nervous about it. Hopefully, I will just do it and it will be ok, like the stomach shots. 

I heard back from the doc. HCG tonight at 9:30, and retrieval at 9:30 am on Friday. I made a reservation at a hotel near the hospital, so we are going there on Thursday night.

I am nervous about the shot tonight. I am nervous about the enema (did you all have to do that the night before retrieval)? I have never done one, and it sounds yucky and scary. I am just nervous. Ugh, no wonder I only have 6 eggs, I am so nervous about all of this.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#310 of 578 Old 02-09-2011, 04:08 PM

Blue- I hope you are doing well after your surgery!  Hoping you hit 0 pretty soon!!  

rcr- good luck tonight and friday thumb.gif  I know that I will be nervous the nights my husband is working and I have to do my own shots as well!! 

I was very excited to talk to my IVF nurse today!!  I have my dye test tomorrow morning at 745am with immediate results (love that)  then as long as all looks good, we are scheduling our appt. tomorrow to meet with her, sign all the papers, and make a payment.  We will be doing our IVF the somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd week of march.  They are trying to time my transfer for the first week of april (since I'm off all that week)  Also very excited that the billing coordinator called me and said my co pay for the IVF was only 10% and that all but 1 of my meds are only a 10 dollar copay!!  energy.gifvery excited!!  

Sending baby dust to you all!!!! sticky.gif

#311 of 578 Old 02-09-2011, 04:10 PM

rcr, I didn't have to do an enema for retrieval.  I had to do one for an intenstial problem I had, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  It wasn't fun, but it wasn't the worst thing ever.  My hcg shot was in the stomach, I didn't ever have to do an IM.  Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#312 of 578 Old 02-09-2011, 05:10 PM

Blue glad your surgery went well. I am amazed at how long it has taken for your hcg to go down! Hopefully after next week you will be able to move on.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#313 of 578 Old 02-09-2011, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

rcr- Nope, I didn't have to do an enema and have never heard of anyone doing one before IVF, but all Drs are different and I'm sure if you google it (enema before IVF) you will find others that have done it too.  Yuck!  You poor thing.  I'm sure you will do fine with the IM shot tonight!  Are you going to do it in the side of  your butt?  If you go to my one thread I started about "what kind of progesterone do you prefer" and scroll down i think 8 posts a girl named Goldfinches told us how to give yourself a IM shot so you could look there if you need more help.  I'm sure it will go fine.  You go girl.... You can Do it!!!!  Amazing what we women can do when we set our mind to it!!!  Never could see my DH being in my shoes with all this IVF stuff!!  LOL  Also, don't know if you saw my question in a couple posts up about if you are doing a 5 day transfer or what?  Keep us posted!!!  Yeah!!joy.gif  Positive thoughts and deep breaths... it will all be okay!  To answer your question about my arm.... my elbow is wrapped in kinda like a half cast from the center of my forearm to the middle of my bicep and i can't bend it for like 2 days.  I can take it off on Friday or Sat (i forget, but it is written down) and then can finally shower and start doing some gentle ROM (range of motion) after that.  So much better than the first surgery b/c i had a full hand to shoulder cast for a wk w/ the first surgery.  I got good at eating with my L hand and putting in contacts and everything else so I'm kinda a pro now with this one.  I'm doing better than I thought I would so I'm happy about that - just a little pain and woozy from the anestheia still!!  Hope it continues to get better and tomorrow will be even easier.

Lyndi- Good luck with your HSG tomorrow!  Hope all is clear and it goes smooth!  Keep us posted and thanks for  your kind thoughts!! Ps. i asked you a couple pages back on your first post here if you wanted me to add you and I don't think I ever heard back from you?  Let me know and I can put you under the gathering info area if you'd like... no pressure!  Just let me know and I'll do it.

Primi - I'd say to just try and avoid her as much as you can and be as civil as possible if you do have to be around her.  Does she know the struggles you are going through with IF??  I hate IF and wouldn't wish it on my anyone, so even though it is hard, I always try to tell myself that every pregnancy (even if not mine - which seems to always be the case) is a blessing!  That is just how I handle those kind of situations.  Not always easy, but it does make it a little easier for me to swallow.  hug2.gif to you in these tough times!!!  Oh and PS... Men just don't get it, I understand!

Bellybean - Vent away!! That is why we are here!!!  Hope that your lining looks good.  What do they have you on to help w/ your lining? Estrogen? I was on that with my IVF and it gave me the best lining I've ever had.  If you aren't you should ask about it.  Who knows, maybe you are already.  I know you are aiming for a FET (right?),  but are you stimming at all right now or where are you in this... sorry I feel like I'm lost in where you are at right now and i'm trying to update the 1st page (not that i know if anyone ever looks at it).

I know, seriously... what is one more week going to do except save me the insurance change.  I'm tempted to just not get it done, but I usually follow the rules so I probably won't. Wuss right?? LOL

#314 of 578 Old 02-09-2011, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Prettyasanangel, Songtothemoon, Silverbird -  Just checking in on you all!!!!  Hope you are all okay!!!!  grouphug.gif

Sarahcecile - thinking of you too!!  Don't know if you are out there stalking but wanted to send a hug if you are. hug2.gif

Also, how are our graduates doing????? Fill us in ladies!!!!  We need you positive pregnancy vibes to grace our presence and give us some of your good luck!!!!

#315 of 578 Old 02-10-2011, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter

rcr -I've been thinking of you and wondering how the first IM shot went?  Let us know when you get a chance.

Leslie - Just saw your post now! I'm going to blame it on the drugs... LOL.  Thanks for your kind words and I hope you are doing well.  How are the babes doing and how far are you right now?

Lyndi - How did the HCG go?  Thinking of you too!!

#316 of 578 Old 02-10-2011, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

LOL..... can you tell I'm bored??? I've posted 3 times in a row!!!!  Where is everyone?  Someone needs to come on and play with me here, I'm getting lonely!!!!  blahblah.gif

#317 of 578 Old 02-10-2011, 07:59 AM
rcr

I am here, blue :) How is your arm doing today?

Blue - Thanks for telling me about that post by goldfinches. I read it right before taking the shot. It was kinda helpful. I wonder why she said that there was no need to pull back a bit to check for blood. The nurse told me that I needed to do that, and it was really the hardest part. I ended up figuring out how to do it, but it wasn't easy. I would love to not worry about it if I have to to the progestrone shots.

Wow, that needle was damn long. It was pretty scary doing it, and my butt hurts now. I did follow the advice of some of the graduates and iced it for a while, which made it not hurt at all when I was putting in the shot. I woke up a few times with a sore butt, after the ice wore off.

I can not imagine doing the progestrone shots for up to 10 weeks. ugh. I won't be able to sit if they feel anything like the hcg shot. I would love to hear from those who have done it how you got through it. Did you really need progestrone shots for 10 weeks?

retrieval is at 9:30 am tomorrow. We are headed there this evening around 4, to have dinner and stay at a hotel near the hospital. I am so nervous about it, I got a hotel that was within walking distance of the hospital, in case something happens with the car or if it snows or something (they shut down the roads in the south because we really can't deal with snow). It snowed last night. I am trying to keep my mind on work now, which is hard. I am getting everything set for being gone after Tuesday of next week. I think transfer will be on Wed, but I won't really find out until later. The plan is to do a 5-day transfer. Does Friday count as one of those days, and does the transfer day count as one day? I am not sure if that means it will be on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Lyndi - good luck on the hsg. Mine was over really fast, although I did have a lot of cramping, but only for a few seconds. It wasn't too bad.

Is it weird that I am getting a ton of fertile CM, now? I never got much, even though I was taking lots of supplements to help increase it, like evening primrose oil. I suppose it is because of the stims making boy body very fertile.

#318 of 578 Old 02-10-2011, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

rcr - Glad to hear you survived the shot last night!!  I think the progesterone are pretty much the same kind of needle.  I would always ice before the shot for like 10mins.  I never iced afterwards.  They tell you that it is better to not do the progesterone shots right before bed and instead do it some time where you are still up and moving around.  I guess using the muscles in the area that you get the shot will help with the soreness and the little knots that you will get after the shots.  My progesterone shots didn't really start to hurt afterwards until the week we found out that i was pregnant.  Another good thing to do after the shot is really massage and rub the area that also helps with the soreness/knots.  All little tips I can share with you.  I think i'm going to skip the shot for our FET and do the Crinone gel instead and see how that goes.  YES... i totally got the best CM I've ever had in my whole life with all the IVF drugs!!!   It seemed like such a waste not to be able to take advantage of it at home but know that it is a good sign!!  Yeah!!!  Good luck with your transfer tomorrow and just try to relax...i know it is hard but i just figured you have done everything you can and now it is all in the Drs hands from here on out with the retrieval.  You want to have a nice calm and relaxed uterus for when you have your transfer back in and stress will only make your uterus an unfriendly place so RELAX it will all goes as planned!!!  Deep breath my friend!!!  Ps. My arm is doing okay.. a little sore today, but I'm due for some ibuprofen here soon and maybe a little nap with an ice pack.  I get to take the cast/wrap off tomorrow and shower so i'll be able to see the damage.  Take care and let us know how it goes tomorrow.goodvibes.gifSending you good vibes.  Is DH going to take time off to go with you for the Transfer back in next week or will you go by yourself?  I also had some gatorade on hand b/c they say that is good to have to help prevent OHSS and they say eating protein too.  That normally happens with tons of eggs so you should be fine... i didn't have any troubles at all with it.  Also, just a wife-tale I had read were a lot of people ate Chinese after their transfer (doesn't matter which day) and they got pregnant so DH and i had to order Chinese for dinner one night after the transfer and they say to eat pineapple too.  I figured it couldn't hurt so i did it all!!

#319 of 578 Old 02-10-2011, 12:41 PM
rcr

Thanks Blue.  I have the gel progestrone too (in addition to the shots), I wonder if I will be able to give up the shots sooner and just do that. I can't imagine 10 weeks of it. Oh well, I am not going to worry about it now. and I am going to try to enjoy one night of no shots.

Yea, DH is going to go with me to the retrieval and the transfer. I hope he can stay home at least a day after the transfer to take care of DS so that I can rest.

I never heard that about Chinese food and pineapple. I hope thai food is close enough :D

I just got a nasty email from my boss. I am going to leave work for the rest of the day to relax. ugh, why can't he just retire...

#320 of 578 Old 02-10-2011, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Um, WOW!  There's been an explosion of posts in here today.  I don't have time to post individually right now, but I'll do so tonight.  I just wanted to check in and see how you were feeling, Blue!  Glad to hear your surgery went well.  

ETA: I feel like AF is on my doorstep.  I've been cramping really badly all day today.  I stopped taking provera on Monday, so I was expecting AF to have arrived by now.  *sigh* I bled all through my pregnancy, now when I want it, it won't come. *grumble* I'll chat more with y'all tonight.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

***4***8***12**16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#321 of 578 Old 02-10-2011, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Hi all,

just a quick one I'm stalking loads but not much time for writting.

Thanks for my hugs.  we are defitly hoping not to be doing chemo and IVF but we'll see after all our appoinmnets next week we have dh MRI wed, my appoinmnet re ovary thur and dh onccologist fri.  except dh may still be bed bound with his sore but so we'll see.

Good luck to you rcr, belly bean, blue and all of you.  I wish I had more time to write but I should have been in bed half an hour ago.

Silverbird

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#322 of 578 Old 02-10-2011, 05:31 PM

Hello All,

Thanks Blue!  Yes you can add me!!  My dye test went well!  One tube is still tied, but the other has grown back together part of the way. So IVF is still the way we are going.  I will get my first appointment scheduled monday to get my blood work done, meet with the nurse and get meds ordered!!!!!! and they said my IVF will be end of march beginning of april!! :) super excited and just hoping all goes well!!

#323 of 578 Old 02-11-2011, 06:04 AM

rcr, good luck today with retrieval!  I am thinking about you and sending postitive vibes.

Kewpie, so happy you are cramping (ha, when do you ever say that to someone!) Hope AF is on her way!

Blue, glad your surgery went well, and the cast is smaller this time...arms really come in handy during the day :)

AFM, my lining is right where it needs to be so we are on for a transfer Monday.  The only thing is my husband already took off the day from work and I guess the RE messed up in the counting of days...I was supposed to take my progesterone Wednesday (of course I didn't get it until I was there for my ultrasound yesterday so that's impossible).  Luckily I have 3 day and 5 day snowbabies so I guess we will have to go with the 3 day transfers instead.  Not sure if that effects anything, I need to go reference Dr. Google.

Off to work, I'll catch up more later!

#324 of 578 Old 02-11-2011, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter

rcr - It is about 10:15 so i'm betting that you are just resting and relaxing after the retrieval!  I hope it went well!!!goodvibes.gif  Let us know when you get a chance.  I know after my retrieval i slept for like 5 hrs and then felt better.  I think i took some tylenol and was a little crampy too.  Best of luck and can't wait to hear!!

BellyBean - Yeah!!!  So glad all is okay and you can have your transfer on Monday!!  Fingers crossed for you!  What day did DH take off instead?  Could he just call off on the transfer day and then say if he feels better he will be in to work the day he had actually asked off for?  That way he didn't have to miss two days?  Just an idea!

Silver - Good to hear from you!  Keeping you and your DH in my thoughts and prayers!!!  Hope all the appts go well.

Kewpie - Hope AF shows soon!!!  Then you need to send her my way!!!  LOL

Lyndi - I added you!!  Glad the dye test went well!  Hope your appt goes good on Monday!!  Fingers crossed for you!!

AFM - I had a really weird dream this morning... In my dream DH and I were in a thrift store and it was going out of business and i went down to the basement part while DH was looking at some blue shoes (that is really funny) and they had babies there for adoption!  I fell in love with this one little boy named Elijah that was so cute and the poor thing had a price tag on his forehead for $4.51 !  So right there out of the blue we adopted him and went out to the car to go to the local Baby-r-Us to buy stuff b/c we had nothing.  Isn't that just weird?  I'm going blame it on the anesthesia.  LOL.... I can blame a lot on that for a little while!  Kinda weird though!!!!!

#325 of 578 Old 02-11-2011, 09:27 AM

@lyndiramos--yay! excited for you too to get started!

@rcr hope your retrieval went great, take it easy, lots of protein and electrolytes is what they told me.

@bellybean that's great that you are good to go for Monday! That is annoying that they messed it up, but I'm sure it will go fine.

@blue crazy dream! I have baby dreams once in a while. I always think it's a good sign, I know pregnant ladies have crazy dreams.

AFM--well I went in this morning and my endometrial lining is at 5.6mm. It needs to be at least 7mm for everything to be a go. My transfer is currently scheduled for the 19th so there's still time--I'm going to go back on Monday morning and see my own dr. (I saw the other one in the rotation). They may up my dosage too from 3 to 4 patches of estrogen at a time. I was a blubbering mess this morning--I am really on edge about this and I know I need to relax, if it doesn't happen on the 19th, it can be on the 21st or 22nd. I have that flexibility. I am going to think thickening thoughts all weekend, and put my feet up and relax (I had been going to the gym every day). Keep your fingers crossed for me to grow grow grow!

#326 of 578 Old 02-11-2011, 01:44 PM

Hi all! I am running out the door but I had to stop and tell you guys what a naughty girl I have been !! I got up at 5am and ran to Wal-mart before I used the bathroom and brought a clearblue easy test. I used it, and it came back POSITIVE!!! OMG!! I am so excited! Baby dust to you all I will check in later! P.S My beta is monday 2-14-11 and I couldn't wait because I was scared it would ruin valentines.

#327 of 578 Old 02-11-2011, 02:44 PM
rcr

Yay sweetD !

Just a quick note- I got 8 eggs. I will find out in the morning how they did. I am going to sleep, I'll post more later.

#328 of 578 Old 02-11-2011, 06:54 PM

Prim, my lining was 5.5 when I went in for my u/s.  They doubled my dosage of estrogen and in 1 week it was 8.0mm. 

SweetD,  Congratulations!!!! How exciting!! 

rcr, hope you get some rest!  So happy to hear you got 8 eggs!  Keep us posted.

AFM, slight panic attack setting in.  I have been asking Dr. Google the difference between 3 day and 5 day transfers and it sounds like a pretty big deal that we wont be doing a 5 day transfer.  My RE played it off like it wasn't that much different in success rates, but I just don't know.  I feel myself getting too negative and know I need to knock it off, but I can't help it.  I wonder if I should call and ask to delay my transfer so I have enough doses of progesterone to do the 5 day transfer....

#329 of 578 Old 02-11-2011, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

rcr - that is awesome!!!!  So glad you got 8!!  Keep us updated when you hear!!  Keeping my fingers crossed for you little embryos. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Sweet D - Yes!!!!!!joy.gifjoy.gif  Congrats!!!  That is great!!  Can't wait to hear your numbers on V-day!!! What a great gift!

Primi - keep thinking those thick thoughts!! Hope that it is a lot thicker next week!!  Stay positive!!!

BellyBean - when we do our FET it will be from our last 3 day transfer.  I haven't heard any bad about the difference.   Deep breath!!

AFM - I thought I had some spotting today, but not sure.  Sure hope so... isn't it awful that I'm so looking forward to AF showing up!!!

#330 of 578 Old 02-12-2011, 05:44 AM
rcr

I heard back from the RE. Five were mature, but none of them are showing signs of fertilization. She said that they should be showing signs by now, but is going to check again tomorrow morning. I am feeling pretty devistated.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page