Winter IVF Thread - Come and join in on the Journey!!!! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 578 Old 02-14-2011, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

SweetD - did you have your beta today?  I was just updating the first page and I remembered that I think today was your true beta????  Let us know how your numbers turned out!!!  joy.gif

rcr - do you transfer tomorrow still or are they going to wait an extra day?  Don't know how that works.  Good luck if it is tomorrow and keep us posted.  Thinking of you and sending you warm comforting thoughts!!!!  hug2.gif

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#362 of 578 Old 02-14-2011, 08:52 PM

So we drove the 350 miles with me being sick as a dog for our ultrasound. We saw 2 perfect hearts beating away. Both babies are measuring right on track. Baby A at 7w2d and a heartbeat of 156. Baby B measuring 7w1d and a heartbeat of 134. The Dr. wants me to have a repeat in 2 weeks cause he thought he might have seen a hematoma. Thankfully I can have that ultrasound in my town, so no more car sickness. I don't know if I have yet absorbed the fact that I am pregnant, let alone with twins.

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

#363 of 578 Old 02-15-2011, 04:50 AM
rcr

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yay belly. I hope those perfect little embies snuggle in for a long time!

Yay Kristina! I get car sick too.

My transfer is tomorrow at 12:15. Beta is the 25th. Blue - could you add that to the front page? I thought that transfer would be today so I took work off, but then they told me at my retrieval that day one is actually the day after retrieval, which would make day five tomorrow. I didn't want to undue all the work that I did to cancel my classes and find people to fill in, so I am still taking the day off today. I will take DS to the park, and maybe take my mom out for lunch. I have until Monday off, so I plan to sit around for the rest of the week concentrating on the little embies, watching movies, and reading.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#364 of 578 Old 02-15-2011, 05:56 AM - Thread Starter

Kristina- I get car sick too normally if I'm doing too much in the car like trying to read or turning around to get something out of the backseat, but when I was pregnant it got even worse.  I did find though, that if I was driving it was better... I know it is more fun to be chauffeured around when you are prego, but it did help.  I also would always keep a little zip lock baggie filled with pretzel sticks w/ salt and eat them when I'd feel nauseous which also helped.  Just a few little ideas for you that I wanted to share.  That heart beat sounds awesome (156)... what was the other babes heart beat at?  Congrats!!!!!joy.gif  So excited for you!!!

rcr - I changed the page!!!  I think it is great that you are still taking the day off to just relax.  I'm sure it is just what your uterus and body needs.  Yeah!!!goodvibes.gif

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#365 of 578 Old 02-15-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyezz4 View Post

Kristina- I get car sick too normally if I'm doing too much in the car like trying to read or turning around to get something out of the backseat, but when I was pregnant it got even worse.  I did find though, that if I was driving it was better... I know it is more fun to be chauffeured around when you are prego, but it did help.  I also would always keep a little zip lock baggie filled with pretzel sticks w/ salt and eat them when I'd feel nauseous which also helped.  Just a few little ideas for you that I wanted to share.  That heart beat sounds awesome (156)... what was the other babes heart beat at?  Congrats!!!!!joy.gif  So excited for you!!!

rcr - I changed the page!!!  I think it is great that you are still taking the day off to just relax.  I'm it is just what your uterus and body needs.  Yeah!!!goodvibes.gif

Blue, I don't know why it left that part out. Baby B was 134. I don't ever get car sick, so I am assuming that it is part of the whole pregnancy experience. I didn't have one bit of nausea with my first pregnancy. The Dr. told me that I have to eat a high fat, high calorie, and high protein diet in order to give the twins the building blocks needed to be healty and weigh a decent amount. He only wants me to do this for the first 3 months, then I can go back to a regular pregnancy "diet". I don't think I have ever had a Dr. tell me to eat high fats, calories.

I have a box a saltines in the car, and those are really helping.

How are your betas doing? Hopefully they are at 0 by now. Have you started full on AF?

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

#366 of 578 Old 02-15-2011, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinaMarie View Post
Blue, I don't know why it left that part out. Baby B was 134. I don't ever get car sick, so I am assuming that it is part of the whole pregnancy experience. I didn't have one bit of nausea with my first pregnancy. The Dr. told me that I have to eat a high fat, high calorie, and high protein diet in order to give the twins the building blocks needed to be healty and weigh a decent amount. He only wants me to do this for the first 3 months, then I can go back to a regular pregnancy "diet". I don't think I have ever had a Dr. tell me to eat high fats, calories

I have a box a saltines in the car, and those are really helping.

How are your betas doing? Hopefully they are at 0 by now. Have you started full on AF?

Kristina -   Wow, both of those Heart beats sound great!!!  So exciting!!!  Glad you don't have to travel as far for the next U/S.  Be sure to give us the update afterwards!!!  Good move on the saltines.  I had a sm. pretzels stashed in my purse at all times too b/c with twin or even some with only one, that nausea can come out of the blue i found.   Hope you continue to feel good.  My OBGYN never told me with our twins that I had to really eat a ton more but I do know that she did want me to increase protein so I'd snack on hard boiled eggs and yogurt (actually greek yogurt has even more protein than reg) and several other things that i'm drawing a blank on now.  I'd say if that is what he told you.... enjoy and I'd be ordering PIZZA for dinner tonight w/ cheesy bread sticks.  LOL :o)

I had my beta draw yesterday late afternoon (fingers crossed it is the last for a little while), so I am waiting to hear today how it is.  I started to spot last Friday and AF came for force on Sunday so that is good. This period seems almost like when I was miscarrying (the day after I passed the bulk or it -tmi sorry) so hopefully that is normal.  Hoping that we can do a FET at the end of March hopefully.  Waiting to hear back from the RE's nurse about what my next step is.

#367 of 578 Old 02-15-2011, 09:53 AM

Belly--awesome awesome. rooting for you!

rcr--have a great transfer and don't forget to laugh: http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/health/2011/02/01/2011-02-01_medical_clowns_may_boost_ivf_treatment_success_laughing_may_lower_stress_raise_i.html

blue--yay can't wait to hear the next step!

AFM--ohhh kay. I get to the airport yesterday and my RE calls and says she forgot to have me sign a form to allow them to thaw the embryos. I was just in her office that morning!! SO here I am in California, trying to find a NOTARY PUBLIC to sign the form, have it notarized, and fax it back to New York so my embryos can be thawed tomorrow. This did not do anything to reduce my stress! i was ready to kill her! 
My first Progesterone shot is tonight--self administered of course.
Transfer's been pushed to Sunday, blue sorry I am missing your birthday!!

#368 of 578 Old 02-15-2011, 01:17 PM

Hello Ladies

rcr-  How exciting!  Hoping that those babies stick!!  You deserve it after all you have been through!!goodvibes.gif

Blue- Hope they call you with a 0 and tell you end of march will work!!!

primipara-  Good luck on your trip and transfering those embies!!

Kristina-  congrats on twins and hope that the pregnancy goes fast and uneventful!!

I finally got the schedule worked out with my IVF nurse.  I have a mock transfer and ivf consult appointment with my nurse and doctor on Thursday.  They are estimating my transfer sometime the first week of april since I have that whole week off!!  Hoping that all goes well... excited to get this show on the road!!joy.gif

#369 of 578 Old 02-15-2011, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Lyndi - Glad to hear you got your appt scheduled and things are starting to get moving.  Refresh my memory... you are doing a fresh cycle IVF right?  We may end up transferring around the same time or close!!!  Yeah, we can be transfer buddies!!! LOL

Primi - Oh my gosh...I'd be a little ticked too if I was OOT and had to go all over trying to find someone to notarized that paper.  Grrrr!  Glad it worked out and hope you can enjoy the rest of your time.  Are you there for fun or work?  How did it go with getting all the needles and drugs through the airport?  Do tell!!!!!

AFM -   irked.gif    headscratch.gif   surrender.gif   MAN, I can't win!!!!  So I just got off the phone with my OBGYN's MA and she said that my number is at 1.6 now and i have to go back again next Monday or until it is  negative 1 !  Okay, i'm a little ticked.  This is the reason that I wanted to go in 2 wks for this beta instead of 1 wk, but she wouldn't listen to me.  I also told the girl about how I'm bleeding again which i think is AF, but kinda seems like the same bleeding I had with the m/c the day after I passed most of the masses (TMI - sorry) and she said it is probably not a true period and i'll have to wait for another one.  I don't think I believe that... i really think that I'm having a period right now, or at least that is what I want it to be.  rcr - you said you started bleeding before your number hit 0 didn't you???  Any thoughts??? 

#370 of 578 Old 02-15-2011, 06:57 PM

Blue I am doing a fresh cycle and YES I hope we can be buddies!!!hug2.gif

#371 of 578 Old 02-15-2011, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

rcr - SO glad to hear about your embies!  I'll be sending vibes for a great transfer!

blue - how frustrating!  

Keriahug2.gifI'm so so so sorry.  

Primijoy.gif yay!  Good luck!

Bellybean - Stick babies stick!!! 

AFM - I've had to step back for a few days (I missed you too, Blue!!) I took my last dose of Provera a week and a half ago and no sign of AF other than some cramping that may have just been gas (sorry TMI).  Considering my RE wants me to have 2 AFs before we even think about starting stims, I'm quite frustrated.  We have only 18 months from when we started our first cycle (october) till the birth of a baby before our money goes poof that we paid.  (we paid for 3 fresh and 3 frozen cycles) so I feel the clock ticking away... especially since we had no embies to freeze last time and I was 3 months preggo when I miscarried.  I'm trying to be patient and understand that I need to be healthy for all this to work properly, but it's sure hard.  I've taken a couple days away and tried to ignore IVF for a while.  

I talked to my RE this morning and he told me to take a pregnancy test (BFN) to make sure it wasn't a natural pregnancy preventing AF to come.  For those of you who have had M/Cs, how long did it take for AF to come?  Did you take anything to make it come on like provera?  I didn't have a D&C and I'm hoping that's not the reason.  I'm pretty clueless about what exactly it's supposed to do.  I just heard it can cause scarring, so I've been avoiding the idea.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

***4***8**12***16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#372 of 578 Old 02-16-2011, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewpie80 View Post

AFM - I've had to step back for a few days (I missed you too, Blue!!) I took my last dose of Provera a week and a half ago and no sign of AF other than some cramping that may have just been gas (sorry TMI).  Considering my RE wants me to have 2 AFs before we even think about starting stims, I'm quite frustrated.  We have only 18 months from when we started our first cycle (october) till the birth of a baby before our money goes poof that we paid.  (we paid for 3 fresh and 3 frozen cycles) so I feel the clock ticking away... especially since we had no embies to freeze last time and I was 3 months preggo when I miscarried.  I'm trying to be patient and understand that I need to be healthy for all this to work properly, but it's sure hard.  I've taken a couple days away and tried to ignore IVF for a while.  

I talked to my RE this morning and he told me to take a pregnancy test (BFN) to make sure it wasn't a natural pregnancy preventing AF to come.  For those of you who have had M/Cs, how long did it take for AF to come?  Did you take anything to make it come on like provera?  I didn't have a D&C and I'm hoping that's not the reason.  I'm pretty clueless about what exactly it's supposed to do.  I just heard it can cause scarring, so I've been avoiding the idea.

Kewpie - You and I are kinda in the same boat.  I have to have two AF's too which I was so hoping this right now was an AF even though I still have the hcg hormone in my system.  Have you had a beta (hcg) blood test since you m/c'd???  That is what i would ask the Dr for.  You may be like me and still have the hormone in your system.  From what they (this is my OBGYN,not my RE) told me is that once that hcg level drops below 0 it will take 4 wks - 6wks or so, everyone is different, to get your first AF then hopefully 28-29 days(whatever your cycle is) later you will get your 2nd AF.  That is the AF that you and I need the 2nd one to get things going!!!  So if I were you I'd call your RE back and ask if he can send you for a hcg test to see where you are right now.   Thinking of you and sending you hugs.hug2.gif  I also posted a thread on the infertility page about "how long did it take you to get your period after a m/c" but no one responded as far as i know... it is probably on the 2nd or 3rd page by now if you are looking for it.  Keep us posted.  I'm sending you AF vibes...goodvibes.gif(LOL your favorite one... haha).   Ps.  I just looked for it and it is still on the first page.  You could post under it and bump it to the top and see if it gets any action, but so far nothing.  PSS.  I'd also check with you practice b/c I can't believe they would only give you 18 months from your first cycle of IVF to do  3 fresh and 3 frozen when they know it takes awhile if you m/c.   That kinda seems like a scam to me if that is true and I'd for sure question that.  Maybe others know more about this and can chime in, but in my mind it is too short a time span.

#373 of 578 Old 02-16-2011, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter

Kewpie - hope you saw my 2 PS's that i added to my post a little late.

#374 of 578 Old 02-16-2011, 03:03 PM
rcr

Hi all. I just got back from my transfer. We only had one embie to transfer because the second one never made it past eight cells. The one that we did get was about 90 cells, very close to being a blastocyst. I will come back later, right now I am going to try to relax.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#375 of 578 Old 02-16-2011, 05:28 PM

Hi all! It's been a while...and so much has happened on here! I've been stalking a bit, but not on the internet much in the past week. So here goes! Hope I don't miss anyone!

rcr - Congratulations on your miracle embryo transfer! Your story is amazing! Your head must be whirling! I really, really hope your little bean snuggles in for the long haul. I'm sending you so much love!!!

blueyezz - You must be so frustrated!!! Your such a peach for checking in on everybody while you're still (STILL) in waiting mode. xoxo

kewpie - I agree with Blue that 18 months seems WAY too short for 3 fresh and 3 frozen cycles. It was a package price? That sure adds to the stress, I imagine. I'm glad to hear you're trying to relax and step back a bit. That's really important for maintaining sanity, I think. xo

primipara - I can't believe that you have to travel with all your meds AND that your doctor forgot to have you sign the form. Again, talk about adding stress! Hope your transfer goes smoothly.

Keria - I'm so sorry to hear that your DH's SA was poor. Choosing a donor can be pretty mind-boggling. When you have your beautiful little family, it will all be worth it. hugs.

Silverbird - I read what you wrote about taking mortgages etc. to pay for fertility treatments. It's totally worth it!!! What I'm paying for 1 IVF cycle is approximately what I'd pay (in 2011, not in 18 yrs!) for a year's tuition to university. There's no question that i would scrounge to pay that for my kid, so it seems more than reasonable to spend it trying to make the kid in the first place. It's a lot of money (esp. at this point in my life), but it's not much money compared to what you'll spend over the life of your child.

sweetdynasty - Huge congrats on your positive pee stick!! Did you have your beta?

Bellybean - congrats on your transfer! hopefully your little beans felt the valentine's day love, and are snuggling in!!!

KristinaMarie - Your new twin-growing diet sounds like the kind of diet I'd like to go on! LOL. Must be awesome to hear two little heartbeats!!!

lesliesara - wow!! Triplets!!! I hope your pregnancy is healthy and uneventful!

lyndiramos - I'm glad you've got your schedule. I was very anxious until I got mine, and then I felt soooo much better about it all after I could see on the calendar when everything would be happening.

AFM - I'm on day 6 of suppression shots. I finish BCP tomorrow, so I should get an AF in the next week. If my levels are good on Feb. 25, I'll start stimming, and then have ER on or around March 7. I've been feeling pretty good - and indulging in baby dreaming - researching diaper fabrics, thinking about my belly will look in the summer, etc. I stopped baby-dreaming about halfway through my IUIs, but I really feel hopeful right now, and I know it won't actually change either my excitement or disappointment after my cycle, so I'm going for it. It feels good to feel positive again :)

single mama, started TTC Jan 2009, 12 IUIs w/frozen sperm, 3 self-insem w/fresh sperm; IVF cycle March 2011 gave me my beautiful daughter who is now 2 yrs old!!! Trying to make her a baby sibling from my frosties, 2 natural cycle FETs=bfn, on a medicated FET cycle now.
#376 of 578 Old 02-16-2011, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

rcr -  I tried to post earlier and it wouldn't let me on anyway... Congrats!!!!!  joy.gif Stick little embie stick!!!!!!!!!  Glad you are taking it easy and laying low!!!  When is your beta?  Keep us posted!!!!

missme - good to see you back!!!  I was starting to worry about all of you that we haven't seen in awhile!!!  Glad that you are feeling positive!  That is really important over-all and is so good for your body as well as your mind as you go through this whole thing.  Keep up with the baby dreams!!!!!!

I'm a little worried about sweetdynasty.  She was suppose to have her beta on Monday the 14th and I haven't seen anything.  Sending you hugs sweetD wherever you are.grouphug.gif.  We are here for you if you need anything!!!!!!

#377 of 578 Old 02-16-2011, 06:50 PM

Kewpie - You and I are kinda in the same boat.  I have to have two AF's too which I was so hoping this right now was an AF even though I still have the hcg hormone in my system.  Have you had a beta (hcg) blood test since you m/c'd???  That is what i would ask the Dr for.  You may be like me and still have the hormone in your system.  From what they (this is my OBGYN,not my RE) told me is that once that hcg level drops below 0 it will take 4 wks - 6wks or so, everyone is different, to get your first AF then hopefully 28-29 days(whatever your cycle is) later you will get your 2nd AF.  That is the AF that you and I need the 2nd one to get things going!!!  So if I were you I'd call your RE back and ask if he can send you for a hcg test to see where you are right now.   Thinking of you and sending you hugs.hug2.gif  I also posted a thread on the infertility page about "how long did it take you to get your period after a m/c" but no one responded as far as i know... it is probably on the 2nd or 3rd page by now if you are looking for it.  Keep us posted.  I'm sending you AF vibes...goodvibes.gif(LOL your favorite one... haha).   Ps.  I just looked for it and it is still on the first page.  You could post under it and bump it to the top and see if it gets any action, but so far nothing.  PSS.  I'd also check with you practice b/c I can't believe they would only give you 18 months from your first cycle of IVF to do  3 fresh and 3 frozen when they know it takes awhile if you m/c.   That kinda seems like a scam to me if that is true and I'd for sure question that.  Maybe others know more about this and can chime in, but in my mind it is too short a time span.

My RE said that if I dont get AF by friday, he'll have me come in for bloodwork (I'm assuming hcg)  I havent had any testing done since the m/c.  It was a package we bought through ARC.  It will give us 3 fresh/3 frozen and it remains active until we have a live birth or 18 months, whichever comes first.  Yes, it is adding to the stress a bit.  Is this not a normal way for this to work? :s  

Quote:
Originally Posted by missme View Post

kewpie - I agree with Blue that 18 months seems WAY too short for 3 fresh and 3 frozen cycles. It was a package price? That sure adds to the stress, I imagine. I'm glad to hear you're trying to relax and step back a bit. That's really important for maintaining sanity, I think. xo

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#378 of 578 Old 02-16-2011, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Kewpie - I just couldn't believe that (felt like you were getting the screw) so i went to the website and i'm hoping it is the right site but this is what I found....  It says 36 months so I hope I found the right info.  Am I wrong???? 

Three-cycle Plus™: Up to 6 IVF cycles – 3 fresh and 3 frozen embryo transfer

Our Three-cycle™ plus treatment package gives you 6 chances to get pregnant because you get up to 3 IVF cycles -- 3 fresh and 3 frozen embryo transfer

Services that are included in this option are based upon the usual number of office visits, ultrasounds and blood work required during an average in-vitro fertilization cycle for up to three cycles, with the use of any frozen embryos obtained during the cycles in this program in up to 3 additional frozen/thaw embryo transfer cycles. Clinical care is provided following the cycle until a serum pregnancy test is performed. Obstetrical and other medical services are not covered as part of this program. If a pregnancy loss occurs during the benefit period, additional infertility services are provided through the balance of the 36 month benefit period, up to the maximum of services. The occurrence of a live birth completes and terminates the Three-cycle Plusª program, and no further services are available under this plan, regardless of which services or how many fresh and/or cryopreserved cycles the patient underwent to become pregnant. You may choose to use donated eggs*, if it is determined that this is an alternative for you.

http://www.arcfertility.com/family_building/cycle_ivf.html

#379 of 578 Old 02-16-2011, 10:13 PM

Hi all you guys! You guys are too sweet, sorry I left you hanging I just wanted to make sure my 2ND beta doubled before posting. My first beta at 10DP5DT was 197. I went in today to have my betas checked again and it was 355. So, I am definitely preggers off of a FET!!! I can't believe it! I was going to pass on a FET because I thought it would never work since the average outcome is so low. I have to go back next Wednesday for my 3rd beta and then at 6 weeks my ultra sound and I will then be released to my OB. So, now I am in the mist of finding an OB. My husband is still in shock and said that he won't be happy until he sees the ultrasound since the last pregnancy ended in a chemical. I am only thinking positive thoughts and the way my bb's feel there is not way around me not being pregnant/ (I had to buy a bigger bra already!) It's 12 am so I will talk to you guys 2ma. Sorry again to keep you all waiting!

#380 of 578 Old 02-17-2011, 07:20 AM

OMIGOSH I so hope you are right.  DH was the one who read the info and he's not sure where he read it now.  I'm going to look through the paperwork and make sure it matches what the website says.  I'll report back later (hopefully MUCH more relaxed) :)  Thanks, Blue

Quote:

Kewpie - I just couldn't believe that (felt like you were getting the screw) so i went to the website and i'm hoping it is the right site but this is what I found....  It says 36 months so I hope I found the right info.  Am I wrong???? 

Three-cycle Plus™: Up to 6 IVF cycles – 3 fresh and 3 frozen embryo transfer

Our Three-cycle™ plus treatment package gives you 6 chances to get pregnant because you get up to 3 IVF cycles -- 3 fresh and 3 frozen embryo transfer

Services that are included in this option are based upon the usual number of office visits, ultrasounds and blood work required during an average in-vitro fertilization cycle for up to three cycles, with the use of any frozen embryos obtained during the cycles in this program in up to 3 additional frozen/thaw embryo transfer cycles. Clinical care is provided following the cycle until a serum pregnancy test is performed. Obstetrical and other medical services are not covered as part of this program. If a pregnancy loss occurs during the benefit period, additional infertility services are provided through the balance of the 36 month benefit period, up to the maximum of services. The occurrence of a live birth completes and terminates the Three-cycle Plusª program, and no further services are available under this plan, regardless of which services or how many fresh and/or cryopreserved cycles the patient underwent to become pregnant. You may choose to use donated eggs*, if it is determined that this is an alternative for you.

http://www.arcfertility.com/family_building/cycle_ivf.html

IVF #1 11 weeks

#381 of 578 Old 02-17-2011, 11:18 AM

Hi Beautiful Ladies,

Sorry I've been AWOL. DH and I have basically been living a waking nightmare the last two weeks. I haven't had the energy to write about it until now.

Here goes:

I was fighting off a bug the weekend before last. Chills, aches, really tired. It was day 9 of stims. I couldn't get sick. Somehow, I fought it off.
DH came down with it.

Also, the day before ER, FIL had major back surgery--big stress. MIL had surgery because she fell and broke her leg just below the hip 6 weeks ago. Lots of family stress and worry.

DH had the flu when it was time for me to go in for ER.
He was so sick that he couldn't give a specimen. He even tried Viagra, but he had a fever and was too sick to function.
They sent him home to try in a more comfortable setting. At home, he took the Viagra, still couldn't function, and had a panic attack (hasn't had one in at least 10 years). 
He totally flipped out, he was so stressed by the whole situation--meanwhile, I'm in surgery.

A urologist was called in to obtain a sample surgically.

I woke up from general anesthesia and had to take a cab home, then TELL DH about the surgery option. Our doc didn't want to tell him and freak him out, in case he was successful at home. 
RE told me to tell him and get back to the clinic--we were on a deadline because my eggs were waiting.

We drove back to the clinic for his surgery. He was so stressed, he fought off an asthma attack on the way there. I felt totally helpless--couldn't drive, groggy from anesthesia, in pain from my surgery.

His surgery was under a local, no valium, because he had to drive home (because I'd had general anesthesia that morning). 

I had been fighting off the bug prior to surgery and caught it the day after surgery.
Lost my voice and coughed all weekend, got no sleep.
Finally got to my ENT on Monday and got prednisone and cough medicine w/codeine.

We planned on doing ER with day 5 testing and freezing of blastocysts to transfer in a FET.

To top it all off, we only got 9 embryos, which reduced to 5, then 4, then 3, then 2, then 1 not-so-hot blastocyst.
The final blast arrested.
We'd planned to test 5-day embryos, but had essentially nothing to test.
Our doc is sending off the blast to test free of charge, in the hopes that it might have been chromosomally intact. At least we'll have that data.

Our doc is really disappointed with the outcome--last time we had a much different situation--11 strong embryos tested on day 3, all with chromosomal problems.
BUT--we ended up with 3 hatching blasts. Unfortunately, we didn't test them, because we'd already tested on day 3 (lots of $$) and thought we'd test day 5 (more $$) the next cycle (this cycle).

Basically--a total wash. My hubby is scarred (emotionally and physically) and limping around for nothing. I'm still recovering from surgery (bloating/crazy hormones) while recovering from the bug, too.
Fun times.

DH and I will get results about the arrested blast today. 

We'll probably follow up with a consult with our RE tomorrow or the beginning of next week to decide what to do next.

Also, my hard drive on my desktop crashed the night before ER. Too much in one week for one woman, that's all I have to say. I will probably take it in tomorrow.

I've just been completely exhausted, overwhelmed, hormonal, and pretty depressed. 

I've missed you girls and think about you often. Now that I'm feeling a little better, I'll catch up on this board over the weekend.

Baby dust to all!

Staying Zen om.gif for a healthy belly.gifand rainbow1284.gif babies via IVF after 2x angel2.gif

Grateful for my amazingsuperhero.gifDH!
#382 of 578 Old 02-17-2011, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Song - Oh My GOSH!!!!!  hug2.gif  After all of that girl, you deserve an all expense paid vacation I'd say!  Holy crap!!!!  I'm so sorry you had to go through that horrific ordeal!!!!  Yes, it does sound like a walking nightmare!  Wow!!!  All I can say is that I'm thinking of you and DH and hoping that you get some answers here soon and that there is an easy fix!!!!  Wow, just Wow - is all I can say!!  Here some more hugs too... I think  you need them.  grouphug.gif.   Take care of yourself and be sure to pamper you!!!

Kewpie - I sure hope that the info I found online is right.  We had looked into one of those programs, I think it was called Attain, in the past and if it would have included meds we might have done it, but something sounded fishy to me when you said 18 months.  I was all up in arms angry.gif and going to call them and complain b/c you deserve a bigger shot than that!!  LOL  Let us know when you find out.  I'm also glad to hear that your Dr is going to do some blood work if AF doesn't show up by tomorrow.  I still can't believe that you wouldn't have had an hcg after your m/c especially since he knows you want to do another IVF.  Hmmmmmmm...... who knows.    Sending you more AF vibes!!!!!!  goodvibes.gif

Sweet-D - Man, you had me worried!!!!!  I'm so glad that all is well!!!!joy.gif Yeah, for doubling numbers!!  Awesome!!!  Keep us posted on your next beta.

rcr - how are you doing girl???  Are you on bedrest right now and for how long?  Hope you are feeling okay.  Sending you somegoodvibes.gif sticky vibes!!!!

AFM - Spoke with my RE's nurse (just love her) and she said I am probably having a true period, so that is good.  We are still on course for a FET hopefully towards the end of March!  Yeah!!!!  She called my meds in today and I'll probably order them once I get my next AF just to be safe.  That is about all here.

#383 of 578 Old 02-17-2011, 03:15 PM
rcr

Song - of my gosh. What a terrible story. I hope you are recovering from it all. Big hug to you.

Blue - I am not officially on bed rest, just self- prescribed rest. I have been reading magazines, watching movies, and sitting on my back porch, it is a beautiful day here. Is it still.considered bed rest if you are not actually in bed?

Yay for af, blue

#384 of 578 Old 02-18-2011, 04:12 AM

Song, that's terrible I'm so sorry for you and your DH sending healing thoughts for both of you.

rcr. stick little embie stick when is your beta?

blue I;m glad things are moving along I can;t believe you still habe hcgdizzy.gif

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#385 of 578 Old 02-18-2011, 05:31 AM

songtothemoon - truly a nightmare. I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. I'm sending you healing thoughts and love and praying that you feel better soon . xoxo

sweetdynasty - wonderfuls news!!!! You had us all a bit scared, but it's soooo good to hear you're officially preggers!!! Congrats!

rcr - self-prescribed rest is the best kind! Sounds fantastic! ANd sitting on the back porch? that's a distant dream around here!

Blueyezz - yay for that A(nnoying) F(riend)! Truly a friend this time!

Kewpie - 36 months sounds much more reasonable. Let us know when you find out for sure.

single mama, started TTC Jan 2009, 12 IUIs w/frozen sperm, 3 self-insem w/fresh sperm; IVF cycle March 2011 gave me my beautiful daughter who is now 2 yrs old!!! Trying to make her a baby sibling from my frosties, 2 natural cycle FETs=bfn, on a medicated FET cycle now.
#386 of 578 Old 02-18-2011, 06:06 AM
rcr

Song - I have been thinking about you. I feel so bad that this happened.

#387 of 578 Old 02-18-2011, 09:51 AM

Hi all, wave.gif

So much to catch up on, I'll be slefish and do my update first.

So saw the doctor on Thurday.  He says my ovary is adheared to the uterus by scar tissue from from my first surgery.  He seemed quiet suprpised that I get no pain from it.  He's going to perform some keyhole surgery to free it up and get it in a good position for IVF.  It's a six to ten month wating list so should be in Aug Peace.gif which wouldn't push our start date back.  It seems like pretty simple procudre, genral anctsetic and 48 hours to a week off work.

The way he was talking he suggested the first sugery wasn't needed which is pretty upsetting to me as I really wasn't fully convienced I wanted my ovary out but the doctors talked me into it.  And now I have to have more surgery to ocrrect the scaring from the first! I asked several times if the op would appect my fertility and they assured me it wouldn't.  Which is crap.

But anyway I'm quiet happy that they can get it sorted, that we wont have to travel hundres of miles for the IVF (which was the option if surgery wasn't possible).  I'm just pleased to be getting on with things!

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#388 of 578 Old 02-18-2011, 10:30 AM

rcr - Thanks for my hugs, things are gradualyy getting better here.  Congrats on your transfer.  Thinking of you and your little embie!

blue - actually dh eneded up being well enuogh to come which was good.  He said he wanted to be there whcihc I was really pleased about as he has seemed not to bothered about the IVF at times (not surprising with all his own health need to think about. Glad you got AF and crossing fingures for March for you.  You metioned publishers clearing house do you write?

Keria - So sorry to hear about your dh's SA.  Hope the donor cycle goes well!

Keria & rcr - I have the same issue dh gets upset saying it his fault.  It's not like he chose to grow a tumor! I say would you blame me if it was my ovary? so don't blame yourself.  He also doesn't like the diea of donors.  He doesn't like it full stop but we particually disagree as to feel comftable with it I would want to use a reatlive (his brother/my sister cousin) so that they could grow up as a gentic relative.  Dh thinks this is even worse that annoymous donor.  So we hope it won't come to that.

primipara - thats for the feedback.  I have a fertility yoga book and do some excerises from it most days and a hot yoga class when I can.  I think I'll maybe see about walking if I can get a pedmometer.  I think I'd still walk in pregancy but maybe cut back from other excerise for the 1st tirmester.  We'll see when (postive thinking) I get there.
Glad your linings good! I'd be mad at your RE too. Grrr!

Bellybean - congrats on your transfer thinking of you and hope their sticking well!

Kristinamaire - glad your ultrasound went well and you have good heart beats!

Lydarimos - ooh good to have a plan good luck for april!

kewpie - hope things get moving for you soon.  and I hope that package works out to be better than you freared too!

missme - thanks for replying about the money, glad I'm not the only one that thinks that way.  We can't help it if everyone else gets their chidlren for free!  Glad your feeling postive.  I've finally felt free to dream and talk about kids with it being a real possiblity again since going on the waiting lsit and it's made me feel loads more postive!

Sweetydynsaty - Congrats on your beta, how exciting!

Songtothemoon - hug2.gifgrouphug.gifhug.gif I can give enough hugs, how awuful.  I'm thinking of you and your family.

afm - I can't beleive I forgot to give an update about dh! How selfish! He's doing a little better mentaly and phsycialy.  He can get up for a couple of hours at a time now so made it to my appoinmnet.  And getting up a bit is helping his mood.  Unforutnaly he wasn't well enought for the MRI so the other appoinmnets were cancelled.  So still waiting to here about chemo and surgery.

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#389 of 578 Old 02-18-2011, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Can I join in over here? I thought I posted last night but I guess the intertubes ate my post...

I'm 36, have been TTC for 1.5 years but we found out after 6 months of trying that DP has a very low sperm count and 0% good morphology, so we've been on the fertility treatment wagon for awhile now. Tried two rounds of IUI and then the doctors said DP's sperm numbers were too low for IUI. We just got the go-ahead for IVF with ICSI so I'm excited about that, although still kind of in shock because we never expected to get to this point. We are in the saving up $$ and figuring out a timeline stage right now, hoping to start in May or June.

Right now the thing that is most on my mind is the one embryo vs. two question. I know I might be getting ahead of myself, first we need to be lucky enough to have more than one viable embryo develop... but it seems like transferring two is the norm for my age group, and I'm really nervous about the idea of twins. I did find this "Decision Aid" and based on that I am thinking one at a time.

I'm not going to do personals yet because I just jumped in, but I've read a little bit of the thread and am sending hugs and well wishes to all of you.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#390 of 578 Old 02-18-2011, 11:44 AM

wow, so much going on on our thread! it is such an emotional rollercoaster being here with all of you.

song-- words cannot express, but i can only hope you are in a better state of mind now and moving along in your healing process/thinking about next steps.

silverbird--so glad that you have a plan and it's a little easier than you feared. My thoughts are with your husband.

Blue-- Yay for a plan and being on track!  SO nice when our bodies do what we want them to once in a while.

rcr--can't wait to hear when you get your test back!

Laggie--Welcome!

AFM: Well I'm sitting in the airport after a week of: Monday morning ultrasound and confirm we're on track, then straight to the airport. Tuesday morning getting my consent form that my RE forgot notarized--in California--and faxed back to New York before I gave my presentation.

Tuesday night gave myself the first Progesterone shot in the upper butt in a hotel room. BOY does it feel seedy and weird taking out my "kit" with needles and syringes in a hotel room. This is a weird trick: I've found what actually helps is to smack the area that I'm about to stick the needle in. The pain of the smack distracts from the needle and I don't even feel it going in. Then I massage it with a warm washcloth afterwards. So far, no bruising, and the first one was really sore but the soreness is fading now (I also got to go in a hottub last night, which helped.)

Wednesday: started antibiotics, and back in New York, they thawed out 10 of our embies. Flew from California to Colorado.

Thursday morning I had to go to Qwest diagnostics (this time in Denver, Colorado) and give blood first thing in the morning to have it tested and the results shipped back to NYC. Then I gave another presentation for work. RE emailed and said the bloodwork looks fine. This morning I gave a third presentation, and now I am back at the airport waiting to fly home and waiting for my RE to call and tell me how our blastocysts are doing. Fingers crossed that we have an excellent specimen for a single embryo transfer on Sunday around midday.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page