Winter IVF Thread - Come and join in on the Journey!!!! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 578 Old 02-22-2011, 10:00 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Blue - yea, I saw your post. I have read all over the internet about people getting BFNs before their beta. Still worried. I am a total worrier.

My test is on Friday. That seems like a year away.  I have sore boobs, but they have been that way since I started the progestrone. I also have had some blood on the TP when I wipe after I poop. I don't understand what is up with that, I thought that the progestrone was supposed to keep AF away even if the IVF didn't work. However, I find the progestrone suppositories really irritating down there, so much that it hurts to pee in the morning. I wonder if that is where the blood is coming from - I mean from somewhere other than my uterus (sorry for TMI). I also have had an AF crampy feeling for about 3-4 days now, but the strange thing is that the last time I was pregnant, I also had the same AF crampy feeling, so maybe it is not AF, just a feeling that something is going on.

Lynd - wow, that is wonderful about the free meds. Congrats.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#422 of 578 Old 02-22-2011, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post

Blue – Good news on your hcg! Can I ask a daft question? How can you have -1 hcg? Surley you either have a hormone in your blood stream or not? Here’s hoping your get to your FET soon or skip it altogether with a BPF!

Silver - I have no idea, but they just kept telling me that she wanted it in the negatives?!?!?!  I didn't really asked, I just assumed that it must be able to get there if that is where she wanted it.  LOL.  I know a lab/drs office consider below 5 to not be pregnant, but I think she just wanted to make sure I was really truly down b/c I really didn't bleed a ton w/ my m/c so that basically let her know that everything was out of there maybe.   Who knows... maybe someone else knows more about the number part.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#423 of 578 Old 02-22-2011, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

rcr - maybe that spotting is from implantation!!!  So you are doing progesterone shots and Crinone gel too?  Am I right? Are you also on Estrogen as well?  Fingers crossed for you!!!!!  Keep us posted!!!  I'm kinda a worrier too... maybe that is part of our infertility problem!!!  I keep telling myself that worrying isn't going to help anything at all or solve anything and it will just make me more nervous and affect my body negatively, but it is hard.  Good luck, can't wait to hear about your BFP beta!!!  Sending you positive vibes!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#424 of 578 Old 02-22-2011, 11:55 AM
rcr

Yea, 1 cc of progestrone at night, and one Crinone in the am. No, I am not on estrogen.

Thanks for the support. I hope it is implementaiton too.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#425 of 578 Old 02-22-2011, 11:58 AM

rcr-  Im hoping for a BFP beta for you!  Hope you find some way to relax over the next few days!!  I know that I will have a hard time relaxing as well!!

Blue-  Hope that we will have our transfer around the same time!!  

If Compassionate Care doesn't come through with the free Gonal F it will be $390x4 through Freedom Fertility.  I filled out my application today and am faxing it over. They will let me know within a week if I am approved or not... I have heard that if you dont make over 100,000 dollars a year you can qualify we dont and have 5 in our family so I am keeping my fingers crossed.!!

#426 of 578 Old 02-22-2011, 01:20 PM

rcr hoping for a BFP beta for you youa re so early don't believe the stick.

AFM everything looks great doctor decided to give it one more day so another day so IUI is on thursday, I'm terrified of ovulating early for some reason.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#427 of 578 Old 02-22-2011, 02:28 PM

Blue, maybe you were thinking of me, I am on estrogen and progesterone.  Estrace 2xday and Progesterone suppositories 4xday!  Ick.

Lynd - we got our fresh meds through Freedom Fertility, it was less than I expected but not cheap.  Hope you get yours for free!  That would be AWESOME!

Keira - Good luck on Thursday!  Can't wait to hear how it goes.

rcr, sounds positive with the spotting and cramping!  Fingers crossed for Friday!

AFM,  POAS again this morning 8dp3dt....still BFN.  Starting to worry a bit, but not overwhelmed yet.  I found my betas from my fresh cycle.  I think I got my first positive HPT at 6dp5dt.  My betas were: 7dp5dt -  44, 9dp5dt - 164.  I know most pregnancy tests (even the early results, don't pick up under 20, so still holding out some hope!  Beta is Thursday...wish it was here already!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#428 of 578 Old 02-22-2011, 06:51 PM

silver- Sorry I missed your post earlier..  

A mock transfer is a practice run of them putting the embries it.  They say it makes it easier to get it done with little trama to your cervix and uterus when the time come.  They made sure which size cath. to us,and watched through ultrasound where they wanted them to go.  They said that when they can getin and out fast the day of the proceedure is best.  I was happy with doing it because now I wont be nervous the transfer day!!  :) 

#429 of 578 Old 02-23-2011, 03:49 AM
rcr

Another bfn this morning, and my boobs dont hurt anymore. I am really worried now.

Keira- good luck tomorrow.

#430 of 578 Old 02-23-2011, 06:31 AM

rcr - i'm sorry you're getting bfns. don't give up hope. only the beta can tell you for sure. *hugs*

single mama, started TTC Jan 2009, 12 IUIs w/frozen sperm, 3 self-insem w/fresh sperm; IVF cycle March 2011 gave me my beautiful daughter who is now 2 yrs old!!! Trying to make her a baby sibling from my frosties, 2 natural cycle FETs=bfn, on a medicated FET cycle now.
#431 of 578 Old 02-23-2011, 06:32 AM

and bellybean, too - don't give up hope!!! *hugs*

single mama, started TTC Jan 2009, 12 IUIs w/frozen sperm, 3 self-insem w/fresh sperm; IVF cycle March 2011 gave me my beautiful daughter who is now 2 yrs old!!! Trying to make her a baby sibling from my frosties, 2 natural cycle FETs=bfn, on a medicated FET cycle now.
#432 of 578 Old 02-23-2011, 04:44 PM

I'm sorry for the bfn rcr maybe your little embie is being stuburn and the hcg has not reached your pee yet, it's still early, are you testing tomorrow?

BellyBean it's so early very few women get a BFP at 11 dpo don't lose hope.

#433 of 578 Old 02-24-2011, 06:33 AM

Keria - Your IUI is today, right? Good luck!!!!!!!! I really hope it works for you. Sending ****babydust****

rcr - you doing okay waiting for your beta? pee on any more sticks?

Bellybean - beta today, right? My fingers are crossed so tight for you. xoxo

AFM - I've been sore in the belly since my AF came on Sunday, particularly on the right side. I'm thinking appendicitis (oh, dr. google, always giving the worst diagnosis)...but I've called the clinic, so a nurse should be calling me back today. Soreness and bloating shouldn't be side effects of suppression, right? I'm supposed to start stimulation tomorrow. I hope the plan doesn't get messed up.

#434 of 578 Old 02-24-2011, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter

Missme - that is really kinda weird that you are having that pain.  Have you had an U/S to look for a cyst on maybe your R ovary?  I wonder if that is what is causing the pain?  Keep us posted and let us know what your nurse says.  Thinking of you.

Keria - Today right??? IUI???  Good luck and I'm sending you sticky vibes.goodvibes.gif

Kewpie - Everytime I use that sending vibes icon I think of you, so I just had to say hi!!!!  How are you doing?  What is going on with AF and I don't think we have heard from you. I'm a little worried here... hope you are okay!!!!

Belly - good luck with the Beta today!!!!  Fingers crossed for you!  When will you hear your results???  This was a nerve wracking day for me, I think the worst of all of them just waiting for that call. 

rcr - how are you doing girl?  Been thinking of you!!!  Sending you positive, sticky thoughts for tomorrow!!  When do you think you will hear from them did they tell you what time they normally call?

#435 of 578 Old 02-24-2011, 08:45 AM
rcr

Keria - thinking of you. Wishing the best of luck for you today.

Belly - same for you. Good luck on your beta. When will you hear back. I am dieing to know.

Missme - hope it doesn't mess up the stims. I don't know about the pain you describe

Thanks for thinking of me, everybody. I got another BFN this morning. My heart tells me that there is no baby. I just am not feeling it. Why in the world would my boobs hurt so much since I started stims, and then just stop. Has anybody ever heard of that? I haven't been able to find anything about symptoms just all of the sudden stopping during the tww for ivf. Arrrgh. I am driving myself crazy. They hurt like crazy until around Monday, and now they are back to normal, and not big anymore at all.

I can't wait for my test tomorrow.

They usually call be back by around 2 in the afternoon. I am going to be at work. Ugh. I don't want to get the news at work.

#436 of 578 Old 02-24-2011, 09:56 AM

so, the nurse thinks i don't have appendicitis (thanks a lot, dr. google!) but perhaps had a cyst on my right ovary that burst (thanks dr. blueyeez!), and that I shouldn't worry about it. it hasn't gotten worse after all.

rcr - i know that feeling. there were only 3 IUI's that i thought maybe i was pg. the rest of the times i just knew i wasn't. i'm still hoping for your miracle, though, and sending lots of hugs.

#437 of 578 Old 02-24-2011, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

rcr, I'm still hoping for you!

DP had another SA this morning, the new clinic wanted a more recent sample. Of course they cost $250 here and they were free before irked.gif. But whatever, I am just happy to be moving forward... although we are fighting this week and he is acting like a spoiled brat. I thought we were done with this kind of crap but no, it seems he's still on a 6-8 month schedule of acting wonderful and then suddenly being a total UA violation.

What really scares me is that he actually thinks that a baby "will fix everything." And he doesn't seem to realize that is such a stupid idea it's a cliche example of idiocy.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#438 of 578 Old 02-24-2011, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by missme View Post

so, the nurse thinks i don't have appendicitis (thanks a lot, dr. google!) but perhaps had a cyst on my right ovary that burst (thanks dr. blueyeez!), and that I shouldn't worry about it. it hasn't gotten worse after all.

rcr - i know that feeling. there were only 3 IUI's that i thought maybe i was pg. the rest of the times i just knew i wasn't. i'm still hoping for your miracle, though, and sending lots of hugs.

Missme - LOL "dr. blueyezz"  that is funny!!!  Wait until you get my bill!!!!!  LOL... that is even funnier!!! biglaugh.gif Sorry... I'm cracking myself up here!!!  I think I must be on a high from cleaning!  I don't understand where all the dust comes from in my house?  What a pain.  Hope you start to feel better.  Do you still start stims tomorrow??

rcr - i still have my fingers crossed for you and I'm not giving up hope.  I was totally in your boat but didn't have any symptoms what so ever when i got my BFP beta last time so you never know.  I know my nurse wouldn't leave a message she just said to call them back so maybe you could just call them back after all your classes are over and find out.  Would that work?

laggie - Oh my!!!!   You are right, I don't know how the stress of a baby can solve any marriage issues! That is kinda scary!  Hope you guys can get it worked out!!! 

Keria & BellyBean - Big day here for you both!!  Hoping everything is going well so far!!!!  We are all on the edge of our seats here!!!!

#439 of 578 Old 02-24-2011, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

rcr - fingures crossed for tommrow.  We all beleive in mricles right, thats why were here?

Blue - oh well at least your number's where it's suppost to be whatever it means.
Remeber your adoption dream.  I keep thinking of a little grils with cerabl palsy about 6 or 7 years old.  I wonder if she's being covceived now to make her way to our family as a second child in the future?

lyniramos - hoping you hear good news about your med cost.  I litertaly thank got for the lovely free nhs every day! Thanks for explaing about the mock.  I don't think my clinic does them.

Keria - how did you IUI go? Good luck

bellybean - any news on your beta, fingures crossed.

missme - Is your pain any better? I wish I'd let my sist burst naturally.  then I'd have twice as many ovarys to collect eggs from and not have more surgery this summer.  Hope your feeling better.

Laggie - I hope you guys work things out soon.  IF is tough on relaitonships, as are babies!

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#440 of 578 Old 02-24-2011, 01:00 PM
rcr

Laggie -You may remember from the bsl thread that DH and I have had our share of marital problems. It has actually gotten better with IVF (not that IVF has anything to do with it). We saw a counselor once, and plan to again.

Blue - I kinda hope they just leave it on my voice mail. I will be in class all afternoon, and I am worried that if they leave a message to call them back I won't get a hold of them before they close at 5. Hmmm, maybe I will tell them that I prefer the result to be left on my voice mail when I talk to them tomorrow.

What were you testing on when you got your BFNs, Blue? I only have ICs, and I haven't wanted to spend the $ on a better test, since my beta is tomorrow. Hopefully it is just because of cheap tests.

Belly and Keira - so excited to hear from you two.

I got a letter from the RE yesterday telling us about the outcome of our frozen embryos, that "unfortunatelly, we had no embryos to freeze" um, yea, duh. We also didn't have enough to transfer two. Like I thought there would be any frozen.

#441 of 578 Old 02-24-2011, 01:57 PM

Hi ladies thanks for thinking of me, I did have my IUI today doctor said it was a hard to do IUI, the catheter was hard to get into place, she said I was too tense, i was trying to relax but she kept saying relax realx and i was getting nervous that I was screwing everything up, she says she likes to put the sperm close to the falopian tubes but had to do mine a little farther, I had already ovulated on my right and was about to ovulate on my left, eveything I read said the timing is best before ovulation but she says timing was perfect and the follies looked great I have some ovary pain on both sides so I'm taking it easy today, even with everything that went on she says our chances are excelent and was very optimistic, now the 2ww, I will try not to poas until my beta.

Sitll thinking of you rcr I really really hope you get a positive beta, I have some ICs that claim to be 5ml but they are not sensitive at all, I took one the day after my trigger in my ivf cycle and was very very faint in my bloodwork from that day my hcg was 183.

#442 of 578 Old 02-24-2011, 04:14 PM

Thanks everyone for the well wishes today...beta was BFN greensad.gif  RE said, even with 2 perfect embies it just doesn't work sometimes.  I am kicking myself for going with the 3 day embies instead of the 5 day blasts, just because my DH had the day off and could come with.  Bummer all around.  I have moved my attention to trying to plan a vacation before the next FET cycle in April.  Something to keep my mind off of it...

Keria, good for you for not planning on POAS!  I hope those spermies found your eggs!

rcr, I know your post wasn't meant to be funny but I "get" your sarcasm about why they sent that letter.

missme, hahaha "Dr Blue!" love it!! 

Blue, maybe you can start up a consultation biz! 

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#443 of 578 Old 02-24-2011, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

BellyBean - I'm so sorry to hear that you got a BFNhug2.gif!   Bummer!   I like that you are going to be planning a vacation to take your mind off things.  That is what DH and I did after we lost our boys.  It was just so good to get away from the "real world".  I hope that it will refresh you and that your next FET will be a success!!    About your consultation comment.... My grandmother always used to tell me that I should be a nurse.  I just feel that I have learned so much over these past 5 yrs trying that I already have a degree in reproduction and infertility issues.  Lucky me!!!  LOL

Keria - glad to hear your IUI went well and I'm sending you sticky vibes!!!!

rcr - I know that with my FET I'm going to tell the nurse if it is bad new to email me.  She is really cool, so I'd think she might do it, but I'm not sure.  I was so sure that it was going to be bad news for me last time that I didn't even answer the phone for my beta results and I was hoping/praying she would just leave a message on the voicemail if it was good or bad news, but she wouldn't... she just said I have your results call me.  I kept listening to the message over and over to try and read her voice, but I just couldn't tell if it was good or bad news.  I'm such an over analyser sometimes!!!  I'm sending up extra prayers that you get your BFP tomorrow even though you think it is a BFN.  praying.gif

Silver - yeah, who knows what any of our futures hold.  Maybe I'll get my little Elijah (not that I'd name my boy that.. It's a nice name, but it didn't make my name list) and you will get your little girl.

AFM -  I did a bunch of cleaning today and now my elbow is all swollen.  Grrrr.   I see the ortho Dr on Monday and he might be sending me back to work.  So sad, but I know it has to come sometime.  I love being able to sleep in and then get up and exercise at my own pace and not being so stress to work all day and try to get home to make dinner for DH  & I and get everything else done around here b/c I do it all!!  Oh well... life goes on.  Lets see what else... went out last night for dessert with 2 friends and one brought her 3 month old and I just soaked up every min i could get with that little guy.  Even got to feed him and then when he crys I give him back to his mommy.  Also, had a friend bring over my maternity clothes that she had barrowed for her last pregnancy and she lent me her stuff too. I think I must be the last one in our whole group of friends to hopfully get pregnant b/c everyone else now has their 2nd and is done.  Sucks that we started trying like 2 yrs before all of my friends started and now they are all done.  Anyways, so much fun to go through maternity clothes and dream.  Hopefully one day!!

#444 of 578 Old 02-24-2011, 05:37 PM
rcr

oh belly, I am so sorry. hug.gif

#445 of 578 Old 02-24-2011, 07:06 PM

Belly-  I am so sorry!!  My sister just found out that her husband is sterile and that they wont be able to have kids,  she was very upset, but is planning a vacation as well!

Keria- Im wishing you luck over the next couple weeks!  Hoping the wait is worth it and you get BFP.

rcr-  Goodluck tomorrow hoping for a BFP!!!!

Blue- It will happen and hopefully very soon..maybe April!!hug2.gif

AMF-  I got the call today that Compassionate Care DID approve me for free Gonal-F!!!thumb.gif  Very happy because if this cycle doesn't work that leaves us enough in saving to do another round and maybe a couple FET's!!!  I start Lupron tomorrow night!!  Very excited to get this cycle started!!  I'm hoping that all goes well and we transfer as expected during spring break!!  Hoping for BFP by the 3rd week of April!!dust.gifto all!!  

#446 of 578 Old 02-25-2011, 12:11 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

belly hug2.gif

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#447 of 578 Old 02-25-2011, 05:51 AM

rcr, good luck today!!!!!   Hoping you get that BFP!!!!!

#448 of 578 Old 02-25-2011, 06:29 AM

bellybean - so sorry to hear your news. take good care of yourself this weekend. hugs.

rcr - thinking of you this morning. fingers crossed.

keria - i'm sorry your iui was a bit rough, but i'm so glad that the timing was good.

dr.blueyezz - don't send me your bill - i'm canadian; we're not used to getting doctor's bills!!!

#449 of 578 Old 02-25-2011, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

missme - LOL.... must be nice!  I just got a huge one yesterday that the insurance didn't pay and my DH about had a coronary!  Poor guy is trying to do a budget and these darn medical bills are killing us.  Haven't even gotten any yet from my elbow surgery and dread that day.  He says "I don't even know why do we even have insurance?"  I say, "b/c if we didn't have it our bill would have been 9,000 dollars and not 2,000 dollars"!!!  Grrrrrr!  Sucks, but I haven't heard good things about Canada's healthcare either (ie.  having to wait a long time for surgeries and what not, but who knows if what you hear is true either).

rcr - thinking of you this morning and have all my fingers & toes crossed for you today!!!!  Did you get to talk to the nurse about calling and if she would leave a message or not?  Try to stay positive, even though i know it is hard and easier to expect the worst!!!  I did the same thing.  Thinking of you!!!

Lyndi - Awesome that you got the free gonal F!!!joy.gif That will really help!!

Belly - sending you hugs this morning...grouphug.gif

AFM - we are getting hit with more snow and i'm really tired of it!!!  Sure wish spring would come faster!  Hope you all have a good weekend!!!

#450 of 578 Old 02-25-2011, 08:19 AM
rcr

Lyndi - wow, that is wonderful! congrats! it is so nice to have more options, in case one try is no enough. I am so thankful that we have four tries at IVF. I suppose it would make a BFN today sting a little less (maybe...).

Thanks for crossing your fingers and toes, blue.

Belly, more hugs to you. :hug I have a bottle of wine sitting on my kitchen counter already, in case I get a BFN today. Maybe I'll start planning a cheap vacation for spring break if it is a bfn.

Missme - We just got a huge bill because the RE accidently charged out old insurance company for the IVF (which does not cover IVF), so they denied the claim. DH nearly had a heart attach when he opened it. It has happened before, so I told him to look at what insurance company they charged, and he calmed down.

AFM- well, they have my blood, and will be calling sometime after 2. I asked them if they will just leave a message if I don't answer, and she said that they usually try three times or so because they like to talk to somebody in person, but yes, they will eventually leave a message and not make me wait all weekend if they can't get a hold of me today. Part of me wants to just wait for it to go to voice mail all day long, I think I would rather hear if from a message than from the nurse.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page