Winter IVF Thread - Come and join in on the Journey!!!! - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 578 Old 02-27-2011, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

primipara - fingers crossed for your beta tomorrow. i really hope those hpts were wrong. xo and best of luck.

silverbird - the rainbow story is lovely. thank you - i teared up a bit reading it - to think that we are all praying and wishing and hoping for each other's miracles.

blueyezz - did you get DH home for your "event"?

blue + bellybean - i know i've told the story of my sister's miracle conception of her little boy before...but i'll tell it again: IVF cycle resulted in ectopic, FET resulted in chemical, the very next month she conceived at home with no technology (imagine!!!) and made my beautiful, fat, 6-month old nephew. So a miracle month CAN happen, and i get to kiss the result every weekend (at least!). i know it's sometimes not useful to hear other people's conception stories, but i just can't get over how much i love my nephew and love watching my sister mother him and thinking about how he came to be...

bellybean - i wouldn't worry too much about thining your lining. from what i understand, it's continued use of clomid that can thin the lining, so if you're using it for a cycle or two it might not be a problem. that said, taking a little estrogen at the same time couldn't hurt. i'm a big fan of self-dosing, so i wouldn't be afraid to try.

rcr - don't ever apologize for talking about yourself - that's what we're all here for - to give and receive support and share the journey. as to what to do 9go to australia, etc.), i have found that absolutely prioritizing becoming a mother has been key for me to cope with my lack of success. i've just kept chugging along, putting everything else on the backburner. but, that said, the months i've had off (while waiting) have been really healing, too. it sounds like you're sorting it out in your own mind - but keep thinking it out here - that's what we're all here for. xoxo

laggie - where do you live? when they announced funding for ivf in quebec, i kept thinking i should rent out my house in ottawa and get an apartment across the river in quebec...

afm - my sister (who had ivf) is supposed to take me to my ER (in a week or so, yikes!), but i don't know how she's gonna do it. her 6 month old baby has never been away from her, and i don't think she's going to be able to get him to take a bottle in a week. he eats solids now, but he still cries for mama milk every couple of hours. it's really cute actually - he lunges for her and claws at her shirt. if my sister can't take me, my mother will, but i really want my sister, cause she's been through it. i've never had anyone with me at any of my appointments in 2 years of ttc with technology. i hope it works out.

single mama, started TTC Jan 2009, 12 IUIs w/frozen sperm, 3 self-insem w/fresh sperm; IVF cycle March 2011 gave me my beautiful daughter who is now 2 yrs old!!! Trying to make her a baby sibling from my frosties, 2 natural cycle FETs=bfn, on a medicated FET cycle now.
#482 of 578 Old 02-27-2011, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Primi - Sorry to hear about the BFN hpt, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you still.  I was totally in your shoes with the BFN the day before my beta as well (which I'm sure you have read that story already) so I'm trying to keep the hope alive.  I understand how it is easier to anticipate the Negative.  Keep us posted.  Don't know if you saw my question above about what time do you think you will find out?  I'm sure i'll be stalking MDC all day like a lot of others.  Maybe we all just need to meet up on a MDC cruise to all drown our sorrows!!!!!   Aww... thanks for your kind words!!

rcr - I think your plan sounds like a good one with it being at the end of the school yr so you won't have as much stress.  I hope your meeting with the RE goes well.  I see what you mean about it possibly being a waste of time/effort (your insurance would pay though, right?), but you never know right?  I forget if you said before that DH swimmers didn't have tails, or did I make that up or confuse you with someone else?  I guess if that was the case then they might have trouble getting to the egg, but maybe there would be a few Michael Phelps in the bunch that would prove everyone wrong.  That is DH's little saying "We just need one Michael Phelps to make it to the egg". - LOL

Silver - I love the rainbow dream!!!!  Awesome!!!  I saw a double rainbow a couple of months ago and it totally made me think of my two little boys in heaven - kinda like a sign from them that all is well!!!  Thanks for the offer of your sofa bed!!  LOL.... Yeah, I don't think I could pass for a Brit, but maybe i'll start practicing my accent just in case!!!  Yes, DH made it home to BD so now we just keep our fingers crossed for this month.

Belly - My Estrace is only 2mg so that is pretty small compared to your mega dose.  I'll let you know tomorrow when i hear from my nurse.  I was bad though and i did take one today at lunch time. I really don't think my little 2 mg will hurt anything and I was starting to think that I might be way too far in my cycle being at CD15 (i think) today.  I won't take any more until I hear back from her.  Stay turned!!!!

Laggie - I can't believe that they said that IUI is about the same as timed intercourse.  That just can't be....I know with IUI they wash the sperm, so I think they can move better and the fact that they get it into the uterus is key as well.  Who knows.  LOL... your comment about being "obsessed" was funny but probably so true!!!!

AFM - Just keeping our fingers crossed that maybe we might catch one on our own this month.  Not holding my breath after almost 5 yrs.  Had a conversation this morning w/ DH about if we should wait a day before BDing again and he was like "we have been following the so called TTC rules for how long and where has it gotten us?  We should just play by our own rules now".... I'm sure he would say that any day just to BD - boys will be boys!!!!  On another note.... I'm a little worried about our dog right now and I think I'm going to have to take him to the vet tomorrow. Should have gotten dog health insurance...not looking forward to that bill.  Poor guy.. I gave him a shower today and found this big, hard lump on his R shoulder.  He is older and has a lot of little fatty cysts on his belly and they have told us that if they are soft and movable they are fine, but this feels almost like bone.  I initially thought his shoulder was out of joint at first, that is how much it feels like bone, but I don't think he would be able to walk on it if it was. He has been kinda gimpy lately, but we just thought it was arthritis or something.  I'm a little nervous b/c he is older and is such a good boy and has always been our baby.  Makes me sad even thinking about it.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#483 of 578 Old 02-27-2011, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

LOL... lots of cross posting going here tonight!!!!!

Belly - glad to hear that your pill are only 1 mg.  I hear you about forgetting certain things that you haven't needed in awhile.  I did the same thing yesterday when I was trying to remember if CM sinks or floats (TMI).  LOL  It's been so long since I've had to think about that kinda of thing.

Missme - Yep, he made it home for the "event".  LOL  He wouldn't have missed it!!!  Thanks for reminding me about your sister's miracle! Always good to have reminders that miracles really do happen.  You never know.  I sure hope she can take you to your ER.  Could she bring the baby with her if he is good?  Just a thought.  It really doesn't take that long at all.  Even if she has to stay in the waiting room at least she is there.  Just an idea.  Hope it works out for you.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#484 of 578 Old 02-27-2011, 07:05 PM

missme, I really really hope your sister can make it to your ER with you.  Sounds like she would be the perfect support system!  It's also very encouraging hearing her story, fingers crossed one of us can get that lucky this month.

blue, so glad DH made it home for the egg catching!  He's right, just one good swimmer out of millions!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#485 of 578 Old 02-28-2011, 09:24 AM

Primp crossing my fingers for you we need a BFP on this thread.

rcr I did the same thing saounds like you have a plan still thinlong of you?

Belly thinking of you as well whats your okan now?

Blue I really hope you can catch the egg htis month  i read manys tories of that happening.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#486 of 578 Old 02-28-2011, 09:32 AM
rcr

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi All:

Primi: can't wait to hear from you. Hope it is good news!

Belly - wondering what your plan is too.

Keria - do you have a beta scheduled?

ADM - the IT guy was just in here working on my computer, and was downloading stuff, and in the download page were a bunch of IVF stuff, he probably noticed the titles. then, stupid itunes comes up for some reason, and of course it is on circle+bloom. I would be more embarrased, if it were not for the fact that he once told me that his wife was on clomid. So maybe he is sympathetic.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#487 of 578 Old 02-28-2011, 10:36 AM

Since our RE only does IVF/FET during 2 weeks every other month, our next transfer is scheduled for sometime during the 3rd or 4th week of April.  In the meantime, I am taking clomid this month, to keep my cycles on track so I don't miss April (and that 1 in a million shot of getting a BFP on our own!).  I think I have already decided to transfer another 2 blasts next time...can't wait to see them :) Our RE always gives us a picture of the embies they transfer.

I need to call and find out exactly how many snowbabies we have left.  I think we froze 12 day 3's (already used 5 for my last BFN) and 12 day 5's.  Hopefully it will be enough to get us the 2 other children we want (in 2 different pregancies!!!)  I am not sure if we would be willing to do another fresh cycle....

GOOD LUCK TODAY PRIM!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#488 of 578 Old 02-28-2011, 05:39 PM

blueyezz - i'm glad dh made it home!!! you never know...!!! i don't think i want my sister to take me if she brings the baby. there was a toddler at the clinic last week, and every woman in the waiting room melted. i honestly think it's kind of cruel to bring a baby to the fertility centre - not that i'm judging, just that i think it's hard on everyone there. just my thoughts. maybe some people would feel hopeful.

bellybean - that's really good to have 12 frozen - let us know if that number is accurate.

primipara - thinking of you. xo

me - i gave myself 6 month-old puregon this evening. oops. i had my old kit on the table cause i was using the alcohol swipes from it. after i put it away, i was closing up the other kit and noticed it was cold (from the fridge). i checked, and sure enough, the one i had just put away was not cold. i figure it may have lost some of its effectiveness, so i'll just let them know when i go in for blood and ultrasound tomorrow morning. i thought it was not a good idea to give myself a dose of the fresh puregon, cause it's better to under-stimulate than overstimulate, right??? argh.

single mama, started TTC Jan 2009, 12 IUIs w/frozen sperm, 3 self-insem w/fresh sperm; IVF cycle March 2011 gave me my beautiful daughter who is now 2 yrs old!!! Trying to make her a baby sibling from my frosties, 2 natural cycle FETs=bfn, on a medicated FET cycle now.
#489 of 578 Old 02-28-2011, 05:55 PM

primi- Hoping that everything went well today..  thinking of you...

Blue- I really hope that you can get a natural positive this month!!! 

rcr- still thinking of hoping that you are taking it easy, but staying busy as well!  At least the guy didn't make some weird comment about what he saw!! But silence can be wierd as well.

Missme-  I hope that your sister can go with you!!  It is always nice to have some support especially after all you have been through!

AFM-  I started Lupron on Friday and the doctor said I would start AF between 10-12 days..  I started spotting tonight and am very crampy..  I'm wondering if it is okay if I start AF early.... I guess I will call my nurse in the morning...  Also Compassionate care called and they are sending me 3,000ui's of Gonal F (free) to my doctors tomorrow!!  Very excited that my doctor ordered the max for me so hoping that is enough for 2 cycles if one doesn't work!!  Doctor is going to keep me on lupron until about the end of the 3rd week of this month then stims... hoping all goes well andwe transfer between April 1-10th!!!

#490 of 578 Old 02-28-2011, 06:01 PM

Hi ladies, I can't thank you enough for all your messages of support. they really mean a lot and I so wish I could have been the one to break our streak! Unfortunately I got the bad news this morning, on an airplane whilst surrounded by crying babies. There was an infant in the row ahead of me, one in the row next to me, and one two rows behind me. I am so glad I cried it out on Sunday so I've stayed fairly composed.

Good news is, we have 22 embryos left. Bad news is, we thawed out 10 last time and only one made it to an early-stage blastocyst. I am not sure at this point exactly what our plan/timeline will be but my travel sched calms a bit down in April and stays that way through the summer--if I want it to be. 

missme-that's great I hope your sister can come with you. It is so great to have people who understand!
Bellybean--let us know when you know how many embryos you have and what your plan is.

blue--it's true you never know about catching the egg on an "off" cycle!

lots of love and babydust to you all--

primi

#491 of 578 Old 02-28-2011, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Primi - I'm so sorry to hear that you got a BFN!!!  Man, what is going on?!?!?!?!?  We need some positive energy on this thread - meaning some BFP's!!  At least we have each other!!!  Glad you still have something positive to think about (22 embies left).  That whole part of your post scares me b/c we only have 3 left for our FET. Our RE said if none of them make it he would be willing to do an IUI at that time for us. Okay, well I'm sending you hugs and positive vibes to deal with all the screaming babies around you on that flight.  hug2.gif Take care of yourself and enjoy a fine glass of wine or a mixed drink!!!

Lyndi - Awesome news about all the Gonal F!!!  That totally rocks!!!joy.gif  Keep us posted and I hope all goes well with your lupron on Friday.

Missme - that totally sounds like something I would do (the whole giving yourself the old one).  Hope it's not an issue and you are right about not wanting to over stim.  You can always just take an extra day to keep going and you can't do anything if you over-do.  Good thinking.  I guess that is true about some people not wanting a small child/ baby in the waiting room of a infertility clinic.  Good thinking.  Hope it all works out that she can leave him with someone and go with you.

Belly - my nurse wrote back and said not to take the estradiol this month b/c she said "she wouldn't want me to throw things off for this month"... not sure exactly how that would happen, but i trust her.  So i won't take it.  She also said that they aren't using it anymore for their Procedure months unless you really need it which they can tell at the first U/S.  So who knows.  I wrote her back to ask why and when they stopped using it.  Seems weird to me b/c i used it for our fresh cycle in Nov and my dr wanted me to even start it earlier than the normal women b/c my lining is usually so thin.  She is off tomorrow but will hopefully get back to me on Wed.

rcr - Oh man!!  I always worry about that kind of thing too with my laptop computer.  Like someone else is going to use it and find all this fertility stuff on it and it will be kinda embarrassing.  At least he may understand if his wife has had issues too.

Keria - Thanks girl!!  Hope things are going well for you!

Kewpie - did you hear anything from the Drs office today??  Just checking in.

#492 of 578 Old 03-01-2011, 04:09 AM

primi - i'm so sorry to hear your news. I'm glad that you had processed it already and were able to cope in public. it really sucks to lose it in public. sending big hugs. xo

#493 of 578 Old 03-01-2011, 06:15 AM

I had my ultrasound this morning and I had lots of follicles! 28+14. Or 24+16, or something like that. I have no memory for numbers. Anyway, it was a lot, so I feel very positive. I have what appears to be an endometrial cyst on my right ovary, though, which does indeed explain the pain during/after last AF. But they're not too worried about it. So all is well.

But mostly I wanna crawl into bed until I get a BFP. Anyone want to come teach 7th grade French for me?

#494 of 578 Old 03-01-2011, 07:18 AM
rcr

Prim - sorry to hear the sad news. I was really hoping you would break our bad streak.

Wow, missme, that is a ton of follies! what kind of protocol are you on? I want that many... I am thinking that I may cancel before retrieval if I don't get a lot of eggies next time, since it only counts as one IVF try for insurance if we make it to retrieval.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#495 of 578 Old 03-01-2011, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I don't have much time, so this will be brief... Just wanted to update what I found out from the RE today (we had been playing phone tag yesterday) He said my HcG was at 0 and my progesterone was very low at 1.3. This is pretty typical for me since I'm polycystic. He wants me to take the Provera again for 10 days and he said that if AF doesn't show up within 10 days of finishing, I'll need to go in for an internal exam. He thinks most likely, it's my pcos making my period late despite the provera.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

***4***8**12***16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#496 of 578 Old 03-01-2011, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Prim - I'm so so sorry! (hug)

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

***4***8**12***16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#497 of 578 Old 03-01-2011, 02:26 PM

Prim, I am so so sorry to hear your news.  I hope you are doing ok and treating yourself right.

#498 of 578 Old 03-01-2011, 03:54 PM

kewpie - good you finally got to talk to your doctor. i hope the provera helps you to have an AF. waiting can drive a person nutty!!!

rcr - my protocol is: bcp (marvelon), followed by suprefact for suppression and puregon (follistim) for stimulation. i had a feeling i'd be a good responder - my AFC and hormone levels were good, and i've responded well in the past to clomid, femara, and a bit of puregon for iui's (and no big side effects either). that's part of why i did so many iui's - i was making 2 or 3 lovely follicles every cycle, so ovulation clearly wasn't the issue. i really think (and the ivf doctor agreed) that sperm and egg were not getting together, for whatever reason. they base the protocol on your hormone levels and AFC, though - those predict how you'll respond better than any other information apparently. 

#499 of 578 Old 03-01-2011, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Okay we need some BFP luck on this thread!!!!dust.gif

KristinaMarie & Sweetdynasty - How are you ladies doing???  Maybe if you fill us all in, it will spread some of your BFP luck this way?!?!?  Plus I'm just wondering how you both are doing and where you are at.  Hope all is well.

Missme - Holy eggs Batman!!!!  That is awesome!!  Do they have an idea of when you may trigger?  Keep us posted.

Kewpie - Well, i think I'm glad to hear that all your labs came back fine.  Sometimes you feel like you'd like them to tell you something is wrong (w/ an easy fix) so you can blame it on something.  Keep us posted and I'll keep my fingers crossed that AF shows up soon.

AFM - I'm just hoping that DH gets home from a business dinner soon b/c if not then i will have to take our dog into the vet by myself.  It would normally not be that big of a deal, but I'm really worried about what the vet might tell me so I'd like to have DH there just in case.  I'm thinking that it's not looking good though b/c it is 8:11pm and his appt is at 8:30pm.  Grrrrr.... I hate being left to deal with all the difficult things by myself and always being the bad guy with the dog.  Guess i might as well get used to it.

#500 of 578 Old 03-01-2011, 07:53 PM

Hey Ladies, sorry about all the BFN's. Soon you will be holding your babies in your arms. All is good for us. I am now 9w3d. I don't get to see the babies again until the 25th. I got the call today that all my hormone levels are where they want them to be, and they have maintained that level with the decrease in the injections. So by the 15th of March I get to stop my Delestrogen, Progesterone in Ethyl Oleate, Progesterone Vag caps, and baby asprin. I am so happy, and my butt will be thankful for it I am sure. The bummer thing is I have unused meds left over.

I have had a pretty mild case of nausea. Only if I let myself get hungry do I really notice it. With my last IV cycle I got soooooo constipated, that this time I was not going to have any of it, so I am drinking lots of water, eating lots of greens, and staying on top of it :)

Lots of BFP baby dust to everyone!!!

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

#501 of 578 Old 03-02-2011, 06:10 AM

Primp many hugs I;m so sorry.

I do have a beta scheduled I think is next weeks friday, seems so far away

Blue I hope your doggie is alright.

Kristina love the picturee of the babies.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#502 of 578 Old 03-02-2011, 06:17 AM
rcr

Kristina - love the profile pic. What a nice clear pic of the babies. Glad to hear you are doing well.

Blue - hope your dog is ok.

AFM - not much here with me. I am on CD 5. I began to take soy isoflavines on CD 3, kinda at the last minute before I went to bed. I am hoping for a miracle that we can get pregnant before we dive into IVF again in a few months. Last time I got pregnant (around August last summer), I was taking soy, so maybe it will work again. I guess it doesn't hurt to dream, does it..?

#503 of 578 Old 03-02-2011, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Kristina - That is a awesome profile pic for sure!!  It is crazy how they look like little tiny mini babies in there at only 9wks instead of little blobs like they normally look.  How cool!!  So glad things are going well for you and that you are going to be able to get off the drugs soon.  I had the same problem with my twin pregnancy...nausea and it would be so much better if I ate.  It got ridiculous at times b/c I'd eat a big dinner and then like 20 mins after I just felt this wave of nausea come on and I'd know I'd need to eat something again.  As long as I stayed on top of it I was okay.   Good luck.  I think mine left at around 13 or 14wks and things seemed better.

Keria - Wow, you have a beta done with an IUI?  My dr never did beta's w/ my IUI's.  That is kinda nice.  I always just would POAS and if it was positive you were suppose to call and then they would have you come in for a beta.  Fingers crossed for you.

rcr - Glad to hear you are trying the soy again.  You never know!!  Fingers crossed that we both get an eggie this month!!!

AFMD - (As For My Dog) LOL!  Thanks for asking... The vet took him back for x-rays (he was gone almost a 1/2 hr so i was getting nervous but in that time DH showed up so that was good) of the tumor in his shoulder b/c she was nervous it was cancerous and had gone into the bone.  When she had him back there she actually also stuck it w/ a needle to get fluid out of it and said that it didn't just look like a fatty cyst, but has some substance to it and said we could send it away to have it checked for cancer.  She also said we could have the thing removed, but she said it would be pretty extensive b/c she doesn't know how far down she would have to scrap and he is an older dog so you worry about putting them under.  We really didn't know what to do, but he will be 13 yrs old in Aug and I just don't want to put him though that unless it is absolutely needed and he is in pain.  I don't think he is in too much pain right now, so that is good.  We are giving him the pain/anti-inflammatory drugs that she gave us yesterday, so that should help too.  Our dentist has his brother and they just had to put him on the same drug for arthritis and he said it made him into a new dog.  So i'm hoping it will work as well.  The vet also said something about she would look at the slides (i think maybe microscope of the fluid she pulled out) on Thurs and give me a courtesy call, i think either way - maybe looking for cancerous cells, I don't know.  We will see. He is in good spirits so we are glad about that.  He is eating normal and playing w/ his toys (he loves his little stuffed animals) so he seems content and isn't limping as bad as he was after the whole fiasco last night!

#504 of 578 Old 03-02-2011, 12:30 PM
rcr

Blue - just before I read your post, I got an email from my vet with my dog's xrays attached. She has a problem with her spine, so she had a hard time walking and falls down a lot. She had to have a tooth extracted, so the vet did xrays while she was put under.  The rays were pretty amazing (she is also 13). Maybe I will make them my new profile pic. Sorry to hear about your dog troubles. The cancer will eventually spread and kill her, or is there a possibility that she can live happily for a while with the cancer?

#505 of 578 Old 03-02-2011, 03:01 PM

blue + rcr - all this dog talk! i feel so relieved that my dog is young and i don't have to worry about all this at the same time as ivf. hopefully i'll have to worry about it as my kiddos are approaching their teen years - lol! blue, i really hope the medication helps your dog and makes him feel better - it's so sad when doggies are sick :(

kristina - love the picture of your mini-babes. so cute!!! you must feel thrilled to look at that picture!

keria - man, that does sound like a long time to wait. my fingers are so crossed.

#506 of 578 Old 03-03-2011, 01:43 PM

Hi

I think I am suddenly part of this group? Much to my astonishment? I've known for years that I have PCOS and that I respond really poorly to fertility meds but I never thought we would actually get to IVF. Mostly because my wife and I could never in a million years afford it but we now live in Massachusetts where insurance covers fertility treatment (it's bizarro world over here). My wife carried our daughter after we tried for a year and a half to get me pregnant and all we got was a lot of BFNs, at least two miscarriages, and medical bills.

This time we have been trying since September and have only gotten through three IUI cycles even with multiple high doses of femara and trigger shots. My RE suddenly threw his hands up at our last appointment and said he was going to recommend us for IVF and I just sat there slack-jawed. I was even more shocked when our insurance agreed with him.

I admit, I am pleased to be doing IVF with all its monitoring and ability to manipulate hormones and all. It would be kind of amazing for it to actually, you know, WORK.

Beth, wife to Cass and SAHM to the little french goose, 6/17/09...and now also mom to a second wee girlie 2/6/12. Nursing with low supply, domperidone and a lact-aid.

#507 of 578 Old 03-03-2011, 01:53 PM
rcr

Welcome Cass. I am also one of those people in a IVF-insurance state, and I am still a little amazed by it. We get four tries. I just got a BFN for my first try. We will probably try again in late april or early may.

#508 of 578 Old 03-03-2011, 03:19 PM

Welcome Cass!  I have found that IVF can be confusing and being part of a group like this will give you a chance to share and get support for the unknown and hopefully soon to be new mommy!!  Good luck and hope to hear about your schedule soon!!

Blue- sorry to hear about your dog.. hope the cell testing turns out ok!!  We have a dog that is 5 and we are not looking forward to her older years!!

AMF:  I have my first baseline ultrasound tomorrow and am hoping it all goes well and they dont find anything unexpected!!  This AF is killing me though and Im not looking forward to a probe down thier if you know what I mean, but its all for a great cause!! So Im in!!  Talk to all you ladies soon!!  Good luck and lots of baby dust!!dust.gif

#509 of 578 Old 03-03-2011, 04:05 PM

Hello to all! I am so sorry to hear about all the BFN! I just knew this sight was blessed and we all were doing so good! No matter what never give up God has a plan for all of us. As for me I wanted everyone to know that I had a U/S yesterday and I am 6 weeks preggers with twins. Baby A is 6weeks 4days and baby B is measuring 6weeks 2days. The doctor said that they both look perfect and he doesn't think that there will be a vanishing twin. He also says that he was just as surprised as me because the chances of getting twins from a FET are slim to none. So, I just wanted to update you guys and let you know that blessings are coming your way! hug2.gif

#510 of 578 Old 03-03-2011, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Sweetdynasty -  Wow!!!!joy.gifCongrats on the twins!!!!  So exciting!!!!  Hope all continues to go well and keep us posted.

Lyndi - Fingers crossed that your U/S tomorrow goes well. You will have to let us know how it goes. I really wish we could clone the dog that we have now b/c he is so good and so smart.

Cass - Welcome!!  You are so lucky so have insurance coverage!!  I've thought about moving just to be able to take advantage of that, but I don't think it'd work.  So when do you think you guys will be getting started w/ the IVF process?  I'll just add you under the "obtaining info" section now and you can update us.  Welcome again!!!  Hope your stay here is short and sweet!

rcr & missme - We don't officially know that he has a cancerous tumor and we wouldn't know for sure unless we sent the substance that she extracted out of it away for a biopsy.  We decided not to do that at this point in time and are just trying the medicine route for now and that seems to be making a world of difference so far.  He is really doing well after just 2 days of the meds so that is pretty promising so far. Fingers crossed it continues.

rcr - so how is your dog doing?  Was there something wrong with her spine after all that?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page