Winter IVF Thread - Come and join in on the Journey!!!! - Page 19 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#541 of 578 Old 03-09-2011, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Yowzer!  That's a whole heap of eggs!  We had a grand total of 4.  I hope my ovaries will be inspired by you next time.  Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missme View Post

Hello all,

I got 21 eggs today! 

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

***4***8**12***16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#542 of 578 Old 03-09-2011, 01:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Kewpie - yay! for AF. And I sure hope my ovaries can send some inspiration your way!

AFM - 17 eggs fertilized, so I'm scheduled for a day 5 transfer on Sunday. Grow little embies, grow!!! It's all blowing my mind a bit right now!

single mama, started TTC Jan 2009, 12 IUIs w/frozen sperm, 3 self-insem w/fresh sperm; IVF cycle March 2011 gave me my beautiful daughter who is now 2 yrs old!!! Trying to make her a baby sibling from my frosties, 2 natural cycle FETs=bfn, on a medicated FET cycle now.
#543 of 578 Old 03-09-2011, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Kewpie - Yeah for AF!!! I sure hope she comes! I know you have been waiting a long time.  Isn't it sad to think that there are only certain times like these where we get excited for her to show her ugly face.

rcr - I hear ya... that is kinda why i stopped going too b/c it gets expensive.  My old lady that I used to go to always wanted me to buy her herbs as well but i finally just told her point blank that all I could do was just the needle portion and that was it and she finally left me alone unless i asked.  I really would like to go again before our FET but DH and I aren't really on the same page with the holisitc stuff so it makes me feel guilty spending money on it so if i do i'll probably use my Birthday money but then I feel like that really isn't fair either.  LOL...silly i know!

Lyndi & Missme - Wow, I was on Follistim 300 IU for my IVF and we only got like 10 eggs, so you gals must be fertile myrtle's!!!!  LOL  That is great as long as it doesn't result in OHSS. Fingers crossed!!!

Missme - Did you hear anything yet?  How are you feeling?

??? - Does anyone want to start a Spring IVF thread?  I know the first day of Spring is March 21st, so I thought i'd throw it out there.  I'm game for whatever.  I'm going to be going back to work here soon b/c I just got the okay from my elbow Dr to finally start working again, so I wanted to see if anyone wanted to start a new thread and just transfer over all the first page info.  Let me know. I can help you if you have any questions.

AFM -  Like I said, I'm going to be going back to working again.  AF is supposed to be showing up this weekend I think maybe on Sun and then I will order my meds.  Figured i'd wait until she actually show so we don't waste any money.   Then I can start juggling working and trying to get the u/s and blood work done again, at least it won't be as much with a FET.  I think there will only be 2 times i'll have to go in.  Not much else exciting going on here.  I think she is lurking around the corner b/c I've been a little emotional which isn't normal for me when she comes, but who knows.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#544 of 578 Old 03-09-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:

Kewpie - yay! for AF. And I sure hope my ovaries can send some inspiration your way!

AFM - 17 eggs fertilized, so I'm scheduled for a day 5 transfer on Sunday. Grow little embies, grow!!! It's all blowing my mind a bit right now!

goodvibes.gif

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#545 of 578 Old 03-09-2011, 02:46 PM

I'm bleeding a little heavier this evening, so I think she's definitely here.  joy.gif

Blue - If no one else volunteers, I can do the spring thread.  I promise I'll be around more now that things are progressing and I'm not going to be a Debbie downer. :)

Woot! We can be AF buddies.  :)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyezz4 View Post

Kewpie - Yeah for AF!!! I sure hope she comes! I know you have been waiting a long time.  Isn't it sad to think that there are only certain times like these where we get excited for her to show her ugly face.

??? - Does anyone want to start a Spring IVF thread?  I know the first day of Spring is March 21st, so I thought i'd throw it out there.  I'm game for whatever.  I'm going to be going back to work here soon b/c I just got the okay from my elbow Dr to finally start working again, so I wanted to see if anyone wanted to start a new thread and just transfer over all the first page info.  Let me know. I can help you if you have any questions.

AFM -  Like I said, I'm going to be going back to working again.  AF is supposed to be showing up this weekend I think maybe on Sun and then I will order my meds.  Figured i'd wait until she actually show so we don't waste any money.   Then I can start juggling working and trying to get the u/s and blood work done again, at least it won't be as much with a FET.  I think there will only be 2 times i'll have to go in.  Not much else exciting going on here.  I think she is lurking around the corner b/c I've been a little emotional which isn't normal for me when she comes, but who knows.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#546 of 578 Old 03-10-2011, 06:35 AM
rcr

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Kewpie - that is great!! Congrats!

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#547 of 578 Old 03-10-2011, 01:06 PM

Oh the disappointment mecry.gifI think AF is starting!  I am only on cycle day 11 (took clomid 3-7), so guess that's a bust.  And there's no time to get another cycle in before the April FET.  Not even getting a chance this cycle is devastating!  I think I am going to take a bath and maybe cry myself to sleep when I put DD down for her afternoon nap.

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#548 of 578 Old 03-10-2011, 01:25 PM

Bellybean-  Im so sorry, but I hope that your FET in April is a success!!  April is just around the corner!hug2.gif

Kewpie- Excited that you have another cycle starting!! Hope this is the one!!

Missme- Hope things are going well for you and your transfer is a success!!  Hope all your little embies grow!!

Blue- Hoping that your cycle starts soon!!  Also hoping you get a BFP this cycle!! Also hoping your doggie is doing wellbiggrinbounce.gif

AFM- I had my 2nd u/s this morning I found out that on my first one by blood work showed my E2 level at 138 and today my bloodwork show 502.  I thought I had alot of follices my first ultrasound..... I didn't expect to have more today.....  53 on left and 35 on the right..... I was a bit nervous and still am that my cycle will get cancelled.  The doctor today did say they were happy that my E2 level is still low!! My biggest is 12, I have about 3@11.5, 3@11, 10@10, few at 9, and the rest are very small.  We are still hoping the rest do not grow at all!!  Hoping that the just about half the 10's and all the ones about that grow.....  Still praying everything works out!!!!  Next u/s on Saturday... Hoping to trigger on Monday, ER on wednesday, then ET on Friday.  My office does 2 day transfers and have have success rates of 58% 2008 and over 60% in 2010...  Im hoping I fall within that percentage!!!   

BABY DUST TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!! dust.gifgoodvibes.gif

#549 of 578 Old 03-10-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyBean View Post

Oh the disappointment mecry.gifI think AF is starting!  I am only on cycle day 11 (took clomid 3-7), so guess that's a bust.  And there's no time to get another cycle in before the April FET.  Not even getting a chance this cycle is devastating!  I think I am going to take a bath and maybe cry myself to sleep when I put DD down for her afternoon nap.

I'm so sorry, BellyBean :(

IVF #1 11 weeks

#550 of 578 Old 03-10-2011, 02:45 PM

Ok, I'm sort of confused.  I was told that I would need to have 2 AFs before IVF.  I'm starting my first and the nurse called today to tell me to start BCP.  Does that sound right?  I confirmed with her that this is my first since the m/c and she said, that's right.  I was thinking that I wouldn't start BCP till my next cycle.  Or maybe I'm just remembering wrong?  It has been a few months since my last IVF.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#551 of 578 Old 03-10-2011, 03:21 PM

Kewpie-Hopefully that is good news and you are ready to start....!

#552 of 578 Old 03-10-2011, 04:19 PM

Kewpie - you'll have another AF when you finish the pack of BCP, and you'll have already started the suppression shots, then you will start stimming, if your protocol is like mine. So you will have another AF...It sounds ok to me, but I'm not the nurse! Ask Dr. Blue!!!

Bellybean - I'm sorry your AF is showing up early. Maybe it's just spotting - CD 11 is early for for AF, but maybe your cycles are irregular? Anyway, hugs. I'm sorry you're feeling down.

LyndiRamos - excellent news! If your E2 is not too high, you should be able to go ahead with the trigger. Mine was over 18 000 when they were talking about coasting/cancelling/all freezing, so 502 is really good! Hopefully you will get lots of nice eggs! So exciting!!!

AFM - I've been playing hooky and did not go back to school after my ET. And next week is March Break. I kinda wish I had gone back to school as my brain is going a little crazy thinking about my embies. I'm not having any symptoms of OHSS, AND I'm learning to love the progesterone suppositories. Fun, fun, fun!

single mama, started TTC Jan 2009, 12 IUIs w/frozen sperm, 3 self-insem w/fresh sperm; IVF cycle March 2011 gave me my beautiful daughter who is now 2 yrs old!!! Trying to make her a baby sibling from my frosties, 2 natural cycle FETs=bfn, on a medicated FET cycle now.
#553 of 578 Old 03-10-2011, 06:21 PM

Missme-  Thanks soo much so the encouraging words!!  I'm hoping your correct!!  I don't want to cancel this cycle... I'm even okay if they want to freeze them for another cycle, I just don't want to start over next month, if this times doesn't work a FET next month or two would be great, but to cancel all together would suck!!  I'm glad you are doing well with no signs of OHSS!!  I know the wait for me will be so long as well, but my students do keep me busy so I will be going right back to work!!  I kind of wish my Doctor would give me the suppositories but I have the shots... The big needles are kind of scaring me.. especially the days I have to do them myself...   How did you feel the day after you ER? Able to go back to work?

Does anyone know if you do get a BFP how long you have to continue the shots? also how long after transfer can you do a HPT and get real results.... Not sure if I will do one but I was wondering?

#554 of 578 Old 03-10-2011, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

MissMe - LOL.... "Dr. Blue"  I really did laugh out loud!!!  Okay, I'm confused???!!!!  I thought your ET is this coming Sunday??  Do you mean you haven't been back to work since ER????  That is awesome that you got so many eggs to fertilized.  Keep us posted.  How many do you plan to put back in?

Kewpie - It's fine with me if you want to start a new thread and I don't think anyone else would be apposed.  I don't know if you want to actually wait until Spring or whenever is best for you.  It doesn't matter to me.  I think Missme's explanation sounds right sounds right to me.  Don't you usually surppress w/ BCP the month before you could be doing the next IVF?  I never had to take BCP for surppression so I'm not very knowledgeable on that subject sorry!!!

Lyndi - Holy Eggs women!!!!!!!  That is crazy!!  Glad to hear that your E2 isn't too high with that many eggs.  When I was doing my Fresh cycle they never really told me my E2 numbers, so I don't even know what is normal.  I know it is different for everyone.  Good luck!  Keep us posted.

BellyBean - I'm so sorry!!hug2.gif  I can't believe that AF is already showing up for you b/c i thought you were just a bit behind me and I'm on like CD27 I think it is.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe it is implantation spotting.

rcr - How are you girl?  Couldn't leave without sending you a hug too.  hug2.gif 

Song, CassnBeth, Keria, Laggie, Silver & Primi - how are all  you ladies doing?  I'm sure I missed someone... didn't mean to if i did!!!

AFM -  Went back to work today for the first time in like 5 months.  Wow, went by fast that is for sure.  First day back went well, so that is good.  Not much else here.  Just hoping and praying that AF stays away.  Next week is going to be kind crazy with work and starting U/S and stims.  Oh well... all for a good cause.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#555 of 578 Old 03-10-2011, 07:01 PM

lyndiramos - I felt fine the day after ER. I could totally have gone back to work, but I had prepared plans for a supply teacher for the rest of the week just in case I developed OHSS, and my niece is in town this week, so I just kinda stayed home...I'm sure the kids can survive without me for a few days. And my sister, my niece and I are going to do a cupcake tour of our town tomorrow, so I can't very well miss that!

blueyeezz - Yep, my ET is this sunday. See above re: why I didn't go back to work. I'm planning to transfer 1 embryo - I can't imagine single mamma-ing twin newborns! Although it's tempting to try to up my chances. I'm so excited for you that you are gearing up for a new cycle! But really hope you don't have to! xoxo!

#556 of 578 Old 03-10-2011, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

blueyeezz - Yep, my ET is this sunday. See above re: why I didn't go back to work. I'm planning to transfer 1 embryo - I can't imagine single mamma-ing twin newborns! Although it's tempting to try to up my chances. I'm so excited for you that you are gearing up for a new cycle! But really hope you don't have to! xoxo!

LOL... your above post that you are talking about is what confused me.. You said you "I've been playing hooky and did not go back to school after my ET."

#557 of 578 Old 03-11-2011, 04:58 AM

blueyeez - oooops. now I see why you were confused. I guess I've got ETs on my mind! Have a good day at work! xo

#558 of 578 Old 03-11-2011, 05:15 AM

Does anyone mind if I start a spring IVF thread?  Feel free to PM me.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#559 of 578 Old 03-11-2011, 06:29 AM

Hi everyone,  I ended up getting my BFP on tuesday a real  line it was dark not faint at all , I was so happy I even told my mom and dad I was so sure this was IT, that night I tested again and the line was lighter I just hought it wasn't FMU less dye on the test whatever the next morning the line was even lighter we went to the pharmacy and got a bunch of different brands and I saw my bfp dissapear during hte next 2 days this morning I went for my beta I guess I need confirmation before I stop the progesterone. I;m feeling pretty defeated if it was anything else I was doing in my life I would have givven up already this is too hard, but giving up is not an option I just don;t knwo how many times I can do this  before I end up in a padded room

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#560 of 578 Old 03-11-2011, 06:55 AM
rcr

Keira: I am so sorry :hug Still crossing my fingers for you. What time will you hear back from your beta? This journey is so hard. Of all the things I have done, this is the hardest. I am watching my mom die a slow painful death (from Alzheimer's), and this is harder.

Kewpie - I am fine with a new thread. I am planning to stick around, even though we are not really doing IVF now. We are going to try two or three IUIs and if that doesn't work, we will look in to donor eggs. I guess I don't really belong here at the moment, but you all don't mind if I stick around, do you?

Blue: I am ok. We are ttc naturally this month. I think I am O'ing today. I am trying to think positively. I took soy and my right ovary was painful for the last two days or so. That has only happened twice before, the first time was the first month that I took soy, and the second time was the second time I took soy and ended up pregnant. the pain has gone away by now (as of this morning). I wonder what that means. Does ovary pain mean that you are about to O, and then does the pain go away when you O. That makes sense to me. The plan after this is a few months of IUI.

Lyndi - holy eggs!

Belly - sorry :hug

Missme - Hi. How is everything going now?

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#561 of 578 Old 03-11-2011, 06:58 AM

Oh Keria, I'm so, so sorry. And to have seen the line and told your parents. I'm sending you hugs and love. Please take care of yourself.

#562 of 578 Old 03-11-2011, 09:44 AM

Keria - I am SO sorry! hug2.gif  

rcr - Of course you can stick around!  We'd love to have you.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#563 of 578 Old 03-11-2011, 10:51 AM

Thanks for the good thoughts, beta came back at 9 I;m stopping progesterone now we have ot pick a new donor.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#564 of 578 Old 03-11-2011, 11:51 AM
rcr

Keira: hug2.gif

#565 of 578 Old 03-11-2011, 01:54 PM

Keira, so sorry hug2.gif

rcr, Sending lots and lots of good vibes for your natural cycle!!!!!!

Lyndi and missme , can't wait to hear how your embies are doing!  Good luck with the transfers!

I can't remember who asked about how long you have to take progesterone, but if it's a fresh cycle I think I did till about 6 weeks (2 weeks after beta), but with a FET you have to take it the whole first trimester because your body doesn't produce it since you don't release an egg.

AFM, I have no idea what's going on with my cycle.  The 4 times I took Clomid in the past I O'd day 16 or 17.  Without Clomid, my cycles are crazy long, lucky to O by day 30.  Well today is Day 12 and I have been spotting since yesterday (heavily spotting, if that makes sense).  I took an OPK this afternoon and it came back positive...so weird, I thought I had another 5 days.  It's the first one I took, so I don't know if I already missed the fertile window (DD has been sick and in our bed the last couple of nights), or if I even had one at all...so confused and so sad.  Trying to stay focused on April FET, but just bummed all around mecry.gif

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#566 of 578 Old 03-11-2011, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Keria - So sorry to hear your news!hug2.gif  Well, I'm sorry to hear that your hpt's keep getting fainter, but the only good thing is you actually did get pregnant.  I'm trying to remember if you have gotten a BFP before or not, I don't have the best memory?  The good news is you know you can get pregnant and the fact that you did get pregnant (they consider anything above 5 hcg as pregnant) with an IUI is GREAT news!!!!!  I know the fact that it didn't stick is heart breaking, but you have to try to think of it as a step in the right direction.  No?? Sorry, I try to always see the glass half full as much as possible.  Do you have to have another beta done anytime? What did the RE say about the whole thing and when can you try again?  Thinking of you and sending up some prayers for you and your DH.

rcr - Girl...... you aren't aloud to leave us!! You have been grandfathered in, so stay put.  I mean... you are aloud to leave if you really want to, but I'd love to have you stay even if you are doing an IUI.  You've been through IVF and i'm sure can still be a help here to other that are in that boat as well.  Yes, I get ovary pain w/ my ovulation and then it goes away and that is usually my sign that I'm ovulating.  Good luck!!!

Belly - Hummmmm?  I'm not sure about the positive OPK.  I'd take another one tomorrow maybe and see.  I think they say to do them like mid morning and not with FMU and then again at like 3pm if I remember right.  It has been so long.  Kinda weird that you are spotting though w/ a + OPK now isn't it?

AFM - I have to go sit in a continuing education class all day tomorrow.  Sitting that long is going to kill me.  I sure hope it isn't boring!  Maybe if it is I'll have to break out my phone and see if I can get on MDC.  No sign of AF yet, but my face is a little broken out so I'm guessing she is right around the corner.  Grrrrrr!  It is awful that I just expect her to come so that way I don't get my hopes up and then am disappointed.  Seems to help a bit - I guess that breaks my "glass half full" doesn't it!  Oh well!!!

#567 of 578 Old 03-12-2011, 12:40 PM

Keria - I think Blue is right. As hard as it is, it is good news that you CAN get pregnant with an IUI. I hope you're doing ok this weekend. Thinking of you.

Bellybean - how's it going? Any clarity about your cycle?

AFM - I officially have mild OHSS. I called the on-call physician last night because I was having shortness of breath. She saw me this morning - I had bloodwork and an ultrasound, and I have a bit of fluid in my abdomen and my blood is a bit concentrated, so I am to seriously drink a lot of fluid and rest. Oh, and I have a little potty to measure how much I pee. Fun! Tomorrow is supposed to be my transfer, but they're going to re-assess me first. I sure hope I can do the transfer. I really don't want to wait (or pay) for a FET. And I don't know how many embies I have left, so thats stressing me a bit. But I'm staying positive because everything else has gone so well.

#568 of 578 Old 03-12-2011, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Missme - Oh no!!!  I was hoping you were going to be clear of the OHSS, but at least it is mild.  Gatorade and eat protein is what I have heard.  It seems so funny to me that you have increased fluids in your body that is causing the problem and then they are telling you to drink more fluids!!  They know best though...and I'm no doctor!!  Keeping my fingers crossed that you get to do your transfer tomorrow!!  It's kinda a double edged sword b/c they say that if you get pregnant and already have OHSS it can make it worse, but having a cycle canceled always sucks too. Why haven't they told you how many embies are left?  What was the last number you heard?  Try to relax, i know it is hard, but stressing won't make any of it better and probably will only make it worse.  Good luck and keep us posted.

#569 of 578 Old 03-12-2011, 01:44 PM

Missme, sorry you are in the OHSS world!  I had a mild case when I did my fresh cycle.  Only transferring one is also nice with OHSS.  I was more scared that both the embies we transferred implanting because of the OHSS than I was taking care of twins (and I am really scared of that too!)  I really hope your cycle does not get cancelled, it would suck to have to wait and pay for a FET, and it just adds more complications with the freezing/unfreezing.  Are you planning to freeze any of the extras for a second child later on??

Blue, hope AF stays away!!!!

Keira, still thinking about you.  I am so sorry.

AFM, the spotting has slowed down it seems.  I got another +OPK this afternoon and it was even darker, so I am praying yesterday was the first one and we got in the fertile window DTD last night.  Just kicking myself for not starting the OPKs earlier (why is this cycle so wonky?!?)  Also praying that I am going to ovulate this month.  I called my RE and left the longest voicemail ever, he called back and said he didn't think my cycle was over and to check back in on Monday.

#570 of 578 Old 03-12-2011, 04:51 PM

Keria- Thinking of you hoping that you are doing okay!!

Bellybean- Hope that you do ovulate this month and great news that your RE doesn't think the cycle is over!!  :) 

Missme- I hope no FET for you!!  Sorry to hear about the OHSS I am really afraid of getting it myself!!  Hope your little embries are doing well and growing!! biggrinbounce.gif

AFM- Had another u/s today..  It went great!!  Most of my  90+ follices are staying small!  The nurse said my ovaries are behaving for the cycle.  I have about 20 Follices that are growing with the largest being 16.5 and the smallest at 11.5.  She said they think that least 13 follices will be mature at ET which is good.  She did say Doctor will only drain follices size 10 and over.  which I was fine with.  Later today I got my E2 back at 1093 which she said was great!  So I have one more u/s on Monday and it looks like ER will be Wed. or Thurs.  and ET on friday or saturday!  It is getting close!! dust.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page