Winter IVF Thread - Come and join in on the Journey!!!! - Page 20 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#571 of 578 Old 03-12-2011, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Lyndi - Yeah for good news!!!  That sounds like a perfect amount of follies!!  I still can't believe that you have so many in there!!  Are you feeling okay?  Do you feel really bloated or any pains in your ovary area right now?  Keep us posted!

Belly - Glad to hear that your cycle isn't over.  I almost hate to say it, but there isn't any way you could actually have a BFP right now is there??  I know that will also show up on a OPK as a positive.  I don't want to get your hopes up too high, but thought I'd mention it.

AFM - Gosh darn my body!!!!!  I just don't understand how someone can have such a precise system where AF shows up right on time every month w/ no questions asked, but still can't get pregnant. My cycles are like clock-work and there's no "ifs ands or buts about it" every month it seems.  Yep, you guessed I just started spotting a bit so she will probably be on her way officially tomorrow just like FF predicted.  I really don't know how FF can always be right.  Well, I guess the timing works okay b/c then I can have my baseline U/S on Thurs which will end up being CD5 and then the next U/S on CD10 which will be the 22nd Tues and we will go from there.  Both of those days work good for me to drive downtown in the early am to get it done.  Yeah.  It was going to stress me out if it would fall on one of my crazy busy days so that is good and makes me feel a little less stressed about the whole thing.  Sure wish I was getting a BFP, but I wasn't holding my breath.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#572 of 578 Old 03-12-2011, 05:59 PM

Blue - Glad your cycle is starting but I was hoping for a early BFP and no cycle for you!!  Im hoping this is the one for you!

As for me I am feeling fine the nurse asked me the same thing.  and she said my E2 levels show that I am not close to OHSS so that is good.  Iam just still worried about it because like missme, I don't want to pay for a FET!!

#573 of 578 Old 03-12-2011, 06:21 PM

Dr. Blue, I wish you were right, but I don't think there is any possible way it is a BFP.   My other trusted doctor (google) has many stories of women having 1-4 positive OPK's in a cycle.  I haven't used one since 2008 (haha) and I never did one after I got my first positive.  Glad other people did and posted online :)  I am just hoping that I ovulated today and that DTD last night was perfect timing!  I would love not to do another FET, but of course those odds are probably slim to zelch.

Missme, already thinking about my next cart (not horse!).  I hope that was you that was talking about that earlier...I am always so lazy to go check :)  I have already starting using due date calculators to try to optimize when during April (our RE only does transfers during the last 2 weeks) a transfer would be optimal for us!!!   I am DYING to know how your embies are doing!  So excited for your transfer, I am really hoping you break the BFN streak!!!!

Lyndi - sounds like everything is perfect!!!  Can't wait to hear how it goes this week!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#574 of 578 Old 03-13-2011, 08:25 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

I started a spring thread http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1302846/spring-ivf-come-and-join-the-journey#post_16319474

I copied most of what Dr Blue had on the first page of this thread, so if anything needs to be changed, please let me know and I'll edit it.  I will try to keep up with everyone and adjust dates and things as needed.   Here's to a successful Spring with LOTS of BFPs! dust.gif

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

***4***8**12***16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#575 of 578 Old 03-13-2011, 09:58 AM

Thanls blue and everyone yes this was my first bfp ever so i guess that is good, I just was not prepared for it to go away. I have an appoinment with my RE tomorrow so we'll see what she says.

Mismee sorry about the ohss but  I'm gald everythign it's looking good hopefully you can do yoru transfer tomorrow.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#576 of 578 Old 03-13-2011, 12:28 PM

Hi everyone!!!

I got to transfer 1 lovely stage 4 blast this morning. At least, I think it was stage 4, I had to pee so bad it was hard to focus. But all went very well; I had less fluid in my abdomen than yesterday, and no shortness of breath, and my blood was a little better, too, so the transfer went ahead. There are 7 other embryos above stage 3 to freeze, but I'll get the final number tomorrow. Thanks so very, very much for all your support and good wishes. It's pretty amazing.

P.S. My beta is March 25.

blueyezz - I'm glad to hear your schedule is working out ok for appointments next week. Welcome AF...at least it means you can move to the next step, right? P.S. You'll always be Dr. Blue to me!

bellybean - It WAS me talking about the cart and the horse, lol! I hear ya on the due date calculator. I've been guilty of that one many times. It's so silly, too, cause babies are born whenever they feel like it, anyway, but looking at those dates is so addictive!!! I'm planning to deliver on my sister's birthday, myself...but maybe I should wait for a BFP before I rent the birthing tub!!??!! I'm sorry you're still in cycle confusion-land, but I really hope it somehow contributes to a miracle month for you. Man, are my fingers crossed!

lyndiramos - sounds like your ovaries are doing super great!!! Good job on all the follicles!!! Just to comfort you: my E2 was almost at 15 000 when I triggered, and today it was still at 13 000-something. So your estrogen is waaaay lower than mine, so hopefully you won't develop OHSS. My advice is drink, drink, drink, like you've never drunk before. I didn't really understand how important it was until I started to feel poorly. I'm getting excited for you!

Keria - Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow. Still thinking of you and sending hugs.

single mama, started TTC Jan 2009, 12 IUIs w/frozen sperm, 3 self-insem w/fresh sperm; IVF cycle March 2011 gave me my beautiful daughter who is now 2 yrs old!!! Trying to make her a baby sibling from my frosties, 2 natural cycle FETs=bfn, on a medicated FET cycle now.
#577 of 578 Old 03-14-2011, 06:06 PM

Missme- How r you feeling? Is you ohss calming down?  If not I hope that it does soon!goodvibes.gif

AFM-  I feel kind of crappy today.  Just feel pretty bloated!!  I had another u/s today.. I had a couple follicies at 20, then about 20 follicies between 15-18 and then some smaller ones. My E2 was at 1708 today and the RE upped my Gonal-F from 112.5 to 150ui for tonight then another u/s in the morning.  They say that should be my last and I should trigger on wed for thurs.  We will see tomorrow.... Im off to bed for this evening!!  Good night all and lots of dust.gif

#578 of 578 Old 03-14-2011, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Keria, Missme & Lyndi -   Just wanted to make sure you guys know that we are all over on the new Spring IVF thread.  I just didn't want you guys to miss out.  It's the same thread just started as the Spring since we are all trying to leave Winter behind.  You could always copy and paste your post over there if you wanted.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page