Winter IVF Thread - Come and join in on the Journey!!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 578 Old 01-09-2011, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyBean View Post

wave.gif Ladies,

I hope it's okay if I join.  I remember a couple of you from my IVF cycle in 2009!  We were blessed to have a little girl, and are ready to try FET.  I guess you can put me in the gathering information group. 

I would love it if someone could tell me a little about how FET works (meds, timing, etc).  We never found out what our issue was/is, but tried pretty much everything before IVF. 

KristinaMarie, you graduated right before me last time (I am also in Oregon, but I think we go to different clinics) 

Tear78, I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

BellyBean - Welcome!!wave.gif  Happy to have you join us and sorry we have to "meet" here.  I've added you to the list.  I am also going to be doing a FET and I really don't know too much about how the whole thing works (it will be my first time as well),  so maybe someone else can chime in and help us both out.  HELP, anyone?????

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#62 of 578 Old 01-09-2011, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Ooops!!  Sorry about this!  Some how this got posted twice...anyone know how to delete a post?? I can't seem to figure it out.

Quote:

wave.gif Ladies,

I hope it's okay if I join.  I remember a couple of you from my IVF cycle in 2009!  We were blessed to have a little girl, and are ready to try FET.  I guess you can put me in the gathering information group. 

I would love it if someone could tell me a little about how FET works (meds, timing, etc).  We never found out what our issue was/is, but tried pretty much everything before IVF. 

KristinaMarie, you graduated right before me last time (I am also in Oregon, but I think we go to different clinics) 

Tear78, I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

BellyBean - Welcome!!wave.gif  Happy to have you join us and sorry we have to "meet" here.  I've added you to the list.  I am also going to be doing a FET and I really don't know too much about how the whole thing works (it will be my first time as well),  so maybe someone else can chime in and help us both out.  HELP, anyone?????

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#63 of 578 Old 01-09-2011, 09:06 PM

blueyezz - Mmm...Indian food--forgot to put that under favorite food. Thai, too! Hey--we both met our DHs on match! 

missme - That's a drag about your teaching schedule, subs, etc! I hope it works out for you soon. I'm a teacher, too! Music/theatre/songwriting--primarily to kids and teens on the autism spectrum; some other special needs. I'm a composer, too, and write/direct musicals for kids. 

rcr - Your egg numbers sound fine. More follicles may pop up as you progress on your stims. I think I started out with 12 or 13 total follicles last cycle and ended up with 19 by trigger time. Then, I had 21 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. Unfortunately, none of my embryos were viable (age related, sticky chromosomes). Great--another teacher/professor! It is frustrating to have to cancel. I don't have to worry about course evaluations, but the kids worry about me when I'm gone and ask a lot of questions. My colleagues know what's going on w/me but tell the kids/teens I'm under the weather. Circle+Bloom--that was me! Just listen to the three "Pre-cycle" meditations until you begin cd 1 (the day you start your period, I believe) or the day you start stims. I'm not going to have a period this time, because I'm being suppressed and skipping ovulation, so I'll start the cd 1 when I start stimming. Anyways--they really did relax me. I often listened at night when my mind was racing.

Prettyasanangel - What is L-Arganine good for? I know coconut oil is good, too, but is it supposed to help egg quality? Would you show us some of your cake decorating creations? I'd love to see them. I lack both the patience and skill for that! 

Bellybean - Welcome! Congrats on your little girl!!! How many embryos will you transfer? I haven't done a FET, but as far as I understand, it's much less medication. I think Estrace (Estradiol) to prepare the lining, then prosgesterone, then defrost and pop them in. 

AFM - Feeling OK. Started BCPs 2 days ago. I haven't been on them in YEARS. Have been feeling nauseous and a little dizzy and tired. Other than that, I'm doing ok. DH and I relaxed this weekend, watched football, hung out w/friends. In fact, he just cooked up a pot of veggie chili for me! 

I'll check in with everyone tomorrow. 

Staying Zen om.gif for a healthy belly.gifand rainbow1284.gif babies via IVF after 2x angel2.gif

Grateful for my amazingsuperhero.gifDH!
#64 of 578 Old 01-10-2011, 10:25 AM

wave.gif Hi all, I'm just going to jump in with my news then do a new post when I've had a chance to chatch up with everyones news.

So we had are doc appoinmnet this week.  The bad news is dh's fsh is high so he's probly not producing sperm.  The good new is they've put us down for ICSi IVF in oct 2011! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

I guess that might seem along time off to most of you but on the clinics orginal info it said the waiting list was 18 months so I was expecting July 2012 so Oct 2011 is a big improvment! Actually when I was considering going private I had throguht about starting in Sept anyway as I'm starting a new job on Wed and have loads of weddings and 30th birthday I'll be travling all over the county for over the next eight months.

Anyway thanks to the new rule changes I can have two rounds of ICSI and two FET free on the NHS.  I love my country! The doctors seemed nice and the clinic is close to home.  Their succes rates are 36% for ICSI and 20% FET (live birth rate).

I'm just so relived to finally have things moving and a date to look forward to.  I accutaly burst into tears on the poor nurse doing my bloods.  She thought something bad must have happned but she was great and listened really nicely to me saying how happy I was.  It was so metional to be in the clinic with all the pictures of babies and people brining their babies to show the nurses.  So I've had my bloods and my scan in thur.

So anyone want to talk about preperation for IVF.  How early did you start? How strict were you? My pregant friend at work reconds I can drink till my birthday in march and then should quit.  It's amazing how much I like being around her and her bump now I have hope!

Anyway off to read everyone else's posts now.  I hope your all graduated but come and hang out with me anyway in the autum 2011 thread!

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#65 of 578 Old 01-10-2011, 11:06 AM

OK will try to say hi to everyone before doing the getting to know ya.

Sarahcecile - hoping your embies are doing well dust.gif

Keira - hope your doing well.  Is it v difficult not know whether you'll got to IVF#2?  I feel sooo much better having a plan and a date.

sweet dynast  - good luck with your FET

Blueyezze  - I'm glad your miscardige began (finished?) because it's bringing you that much closer to your next cycle with a BPF! Good luck I'm thinking of you.

rcr  - good luck with the suppression.  I'm really pleased for you about the covarage.  It was such a relife to me to get free IVF in a resonable time.  Hopeful four treatment will be enough but we I'll keep saving up if I need to go onto private treament.  and If I get pregnat the money can pay for a independant midwife.

song to the soon  - Good luck with the suppresion.  I feel the same, just haivng a plan makes me feel tons better.

belly bead  - good luck with you FET

Tear78 - sorry to hear about your flu.  Hope your feeling better and all is going well.

sorry if I missed anyone!

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#66 of 578 Old 01-10-2011, 11:22 AM

Winter - Get to know  ya:

*Name: Silverbird

*TTC #: 1
*Trying Since: June 2010

*Things you have done to get a BFP (IUI, IVF, FET, diet, acupuncture, stood on your head, etc): well dh's tumor grew back after only a couple of months trying naturally so I can only say had sex half a dozen times!

*In a perfect world (ie: no infertility) how many children would you like to have? As a kid I wanted a huge family like 10, as an adult 4 since dh became paralized I'm thinking two would be good

*Plan for this Cycle: start my new job, begin reserching ways to look after myself ahead of IVF
*Testing (Are you one to POAS early or no): I hope I will be restrined (my clinic recomends not testing for 18 days!)

*If you have a choice how many embies are you thinking of putting back in? My doc and I agree 1
*DPO or Transfer (if applicable):
*Link to Chart (if applicable):

*Where did you meet your DH/DP??? do you want dh's version, my version or the one I tell people.  dh says we met several time but I was too drunk to remember.  We first got together when I walked past a phone box he was using on way home from the kebab shop.  But I prefer to tell people we met at the end of year ball.  more romantic.

*Years you've been together? together 8 years married 4 and a bit

*Favorite vacation spot you've ever been? so many I loved our Findo-scandivian adventure we did a few years ago to Denmark, Sweden and Finland, I loved San fransisco, my favrotie place for a relxaing holiday in Bluestone http://www.bluestonewales.com/ my cousin might be haivng her hen night there in July so I'd get to go again!

*Do you have any pets? (kind/age) nope

*Are you a beach, country or city person? I love the country and the beach.  But I've always lived in citys and love it too!

*What do you like to do in your free time? read, watch gory TV, walk up montians, cook

*What is your favorite kind of food? vegan mexican, though I also love vegan cakes, vegan american, vegan chinease, vegan indian, you get my drift!
*Thoughts: I'm so exciet about my IVF, relived I don't have to find a clinic and pay loads of money.  I'm so glad to talk to all of you.  Do you guys talk to anyone IRL about IVF.  I've started doing so but DH doesn't seem to want to so I'm a bit wary of doing so.

#67 of 578 Old 01-10-2011, 12:05 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome luxlove.gif

Songtothemmoon, DH and I aren't sure how many to transfer.  I lean more towards one and he thinks two...I think it will come down to cost per cycle.  We transfered two 5-day blasts during our fresh IVF, and ended up with a singleton.  I also wonder if they thaw more than needed just to see how they come out? 

Contratulations starting BCP, I am not the most patient person, so that stretch was really hard for me.  Even though it's the way to do it, I really didn't like those 2 weeks. 

Silverbird, yay for Oct 2011!!!!!  The one thing I would start now (if you haven't already) is prenatel vitamins. 

Blueyeez4, glad I'll have a FET buddy!!  I'll have no idea what to expect...

I am excited to get to know all you ladies!  These threads made my IVF journey bearable.

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#68 of 578 Old 01-10-2011, 01:00 PM

Some asked "What is L-Arginine?" Here is some info regarding how L-Arginine helps IVF. I hope it helps.

L-arginine
L-arginine is an amino acid that has been shown to increase ovarian response, endometrial receptivity, and pregnancy rates in IVF patients who supplemented in large doses (16 grams) of L-arginine. (Published in Human Reproduction 1999).

Can L-arginine Help Poor IVF Response?

Can L-arginine Help Poor IVF Response? Maybe. One study in 1999 showed remarkable results when L-arginine was given as an adjunctive therapy during IVF to women who were categorized as poor IVF responders. This study also showed that a likely mechanism through which L-arginine may work is through increasing the blood flow within the arteries that supply the ovaries. This alone can allow more gonadotrophins, hormones and nutrients to flow to the ovaries which can enhance IVF response.
In the L-arginine study 34 women undergoing IVF were divided in two groups; both groups were using a flare protocol and one group also received L-arginine at a dose of 16 grams a day. In the L-arginine treated group there was a significantly lower cancellation rate and an increased number of oocytes at egg pick-up.

The women in the L-arginine group also showed increased levels of nitric oxide (NO2-/NO3-) and insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1) in both serum and follicular fluid along with increased levels of L-arginine and citrulline, all though to be markers of health follicle development. Citruline is an amino acid with similar activity to L-arginine.

The L-arginine group had three pregnancies compared to no pregnancies in the other group and the study concluded that:

"...oral L-arginine supplementation in poor responder patients may improve ovarian response, endometrial receptivity and pregnancy rate."

I got this info from IVF.CA: Should women continue l-arginine after transfer? In general you should stop after transfer unless your RE or naturopath specifically recommends this for you. The progesterone you will be given in your cycle will help to fully develop the lining in the luteal phase, and if you have taken the l-arginine in the follicular phase, the lining should have benefits which will aid implantation later on in the cycle. Again just wanting to say that for anyone else reading this contemplating l-Arginine for lining, it should really only be used for those who have had poor responses in the past to IVF.

#69 of 578 Old 01-10-2011, 01:13 PM

Melatonin Here is some more information about a supplement that may help us acheive our BFP's.(I bolded the important stuff) : )

Melatonin Helps IVF Success and Egg Quality

Melatonin may be able to help women with poor egg quality - typical of women in their mid thirties to early forties - who have low ovarian reserve to have more success with IVF. A new study has shown that women who take 3 mg of melatonin at night can expect to almost double the IVF success rates of women who don't take the supplement which is usually used for insomnia and jet-lag.

Melatonin may be protective when trying to conceive naturally also as the positive effects are achieved through protecting egg quality from free radical damage which is important however conception is achieved.
Melatonin is both a natural hormone, powerful antioxidant and free radical quencher produced in the pineal gland. Secretion is especially concentrated at night as the hormone has a role in inducing sleep cycles and production is stimulated by darkness. Melatonin levels are known to diminish with age and with exposure to light during sleep. Shift work is also very disturbing to melatonin secretion. Regular sleep in a totally dark room can help to keep your melatonin levels strong.

When the researchers tested the theory that melatonin may be have a protective role in IVF they selected a large group of women who had already failed an IVF cycle due to poor egg quality. Approximately half were given 3 mg of melatonin at 10pm at night and the other half were not given any. This quantity of melatonin was found to both boost the levels of melatonin within ovarian follicles and drop the levels of the damaging pro-oxidant 8-OhdG.

When the oocytes (eggs) for the IVF were fertilized, the oocytes from the melatonin group had a 50% fertilization rate and a 19% pregnancy rate.

In the group without melatonin the fertilization rate was almost halved at 22.8% as was the pregnancy rate at 10.2%.

The study concluded that:
"oxidative stress causes toxic effect on oocyte maturation and melatonin protects oocytes from oxidative stress. Melatonin administration is likely to improve oocyte quality."
#70 of 578 Old 01-10-2011, 01:28 PM

Ladies lets try our own Melatonin case study for the heck of it.

Everyone should purchase a bottle of melatonin ( It's on sale at Costco for about $3.89 this month. I purchased mine from Costco) put it on the night stand next to your beds with a glass of water. Every night take one pill before we go to sleep. We should all start this supplement this week. The sooner the better (I am actually taking it now). Let's see if Melatonin really works!!!!!

It would be Amazing if we all got BFP's this cycleCome on!!!!  Let's do it!!!!!  Yippeeeeeeee!!!! Bring on BBBBFFFPPPP's for everyone!!

#71 of 578 Old 01-10-2011, 02:16 PM

Thanks so much for all the info prettyasanangel!

would you or anyone else write up what supplements you take and what you would remcomend asap and what from three months before?  I don't want to start a huge regime now becuase of cost and becuase I don't keep it up when I take too many tablets.

I currently take prenatles, calicum and vegan dha/epa I'm thinking of buying some nature living superfood.

#72 of 578 Old 01-10-2011, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Blue, thanks for asking about our u/s. Today we saw one beautiful, wiggly perfect baby with a strong heartbeat. Baby B appears to have stopped growing a week ago. gloomy.gif We are so, so, so amazingly thankful that our one little fighter is growing strong, but of course we're also sad and a little scared. Hopefully my body will just reabsorb Baby B and we won't have to go through any bleeding/cramping, etc. At the moment we are just trying to process this, and think strong and positive for our little wonderbaby. Healthy vibes and thoughts would be appreciated! Love to all you ladies!

Carlyle, if you're online, I tried calling you. I love you!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#73 of 578 Old 01-10-2011, 03:20 PM

Big hug.gif for you, Tear.  I'm so sorry about Baby B.  greensad.gif

#74 of 578 Old 01-10-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

Blue, thanks for asking about our u/s. Today we saw one beautiful, wiggly perfect baby with a strong heartbeat. Baby B appears to have stopped growing a week ago. gloomy.gif We are so, so, so amazingly thankful that our one little fighter is growing strong, but of course we're also sad and a little scared. Hopefully my body will just reabsorb Baby B and we won't have to go through any bleeding/cramping, etc. At the moment we are just trying to process this, and think strong and positive for our little wonderbaby. Healthy vibes and thoughts would be appreciated! Love to all you ladies!

I love you I love you I love you.  So much.  Chris, Nell and Maggie send love too (okay, Chris does now and Nell will when she wakes up and Maggie always does because she's talented like that).  I miss you and I want to give you a big hug in person right now.  I love you so much.

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#75 of 578 Old 01-10-2011, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

Oh Tear I'm so sorry to hear about Baby B, but I'm so glad that Baby A is fighting away and growing nice and strong.  I had a friend that had the same thing happened to her with her one twin, so i'll get a hold of her and get the full scoop for you.  I forget the whole story, but I think the baby just absorbed and she didn't have any troubles at all.  I'll find out for you b/c I'm sure it may be a little comforting to know.  Wishing you the best and praying for you, DH & your little one!!!!  I just love your positive attitude even though this has to be hard.  Sending you tons of healthy vibes and thoughts... as always!!!!  hug2.gif

#76 of 578 Old 01-10-2011, 06:20 PM

Just wanted to say I'm still stalking and wishing the best for everyone & lots of BFP for 2011.

Tear- So sorry about twin B, glad your lil twin A is nice & strong.

Gonal F- I have 3 pens of Gonal f which are not even open, I would love to donate them to someone who needs them, my insurance fully covered them so I didn't pay anything.  Not sure whos using that but please pm me and let me know, they will expire in march so i'd like to get them to someone before that.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#77 of 578 Old 01-10-2011, 06:28 PM
rcr

Tear- I am sorry. It must be really hard. Hang in there little baby! Hug.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#78 of 578 Old 01-10-2011, 07:14 PM
rcr

Silver- I am taking vegan omega 3-6-9, prenatal, e plus selenium, l- arginine, d, magnesium. Interesting about melatonin. I am going to look into that.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#79 of 578 Old 01-10-2011, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

So I just got some of my blood work back today and it says that my MTHFR is positive (heterozygous).   I almost positive that I read that one of you on this thread has this also.  I'm totally drawing a blank right now on who it is, but I remember reading it recently and wondering what the heck that was. From what I have read, it sounds like it is an issue with your body's ability to absorb folic acid and also possibly a blood clotting issue.  I haven't heard from my RE yet, just got the news from my OBGYN when i was in for my weekly check and blood work today... don't have to go back to see her for a month, but I do have to have another hcg draw this coming Thurs to make sure my numbers are continuing to drop.  I thought I'd see if any of you have any info to share on this matter and if you have it, how is your Dr treating it?  I also posted a thread on the main page just to branch out a little.  We are hoping this is the one puzzle piece that has been missing for us in the past almost 5 yrs of TTC and our losses. That would be so great - isn't it awful that I'm getting excited about having a diagnosis!!! LOL!  TIA!!!

#80 of 578 Old 01-11-2011, 04:15 AM

tear hug2.gif I'm so sorry about Baby B.  I'm thinking of him (her?) and praying for baby A.  Keep growing little one!

rcr thanks I'm taking all of them already when I remeber apart from the  l- arginine .  godd . 

good to know I'm on the right track.

blue sorry no clue about MTHFR .  but

but I wanted to say I hope u get some answers from it.  My fertility jounrey is so differnt from everyone else's.  when nothing bellow the waist fuctions on your dh and he's spent the last 3 years taking toixc meds and radiation you don't need a lot of guess work.  I can't imagine how nuts I'd be going if I had no clue what was going on.

afm I sent my sister whos a statistion the stats on my clinic and she recons based on thier figure I'd have a 74% chance of a succesful pregancy from NHS treatment.  So pretty good odds.  I have my scan thur and another appoinmnets 28/1/11.  fingures crossed nothing in my results ruin my dreams then I can work on getting super health for Oct.

#81 of 578 Old 01-11-2011, 07:56 AM

Tear - so sorry for your loss of BabyB, and so hopeful for your still-growing Baby A. Hope you're as okay as you can be. My friend went from 3 to 1, and she's been on bedrest for a few months, but her 1 is still safe and snuggly where he/she belongs right now. So, again, hope - and stay put, Baby A, and grow, grow, grow!

single mama, started TTC Jan 2009, 12 IUIs w/frozen sperm, 3 self-insem w/fresh sperm; IVF cycle March 2011 gave me my beautiful daughter who is now 2 yrs old!!! Trying to make her a baby sibling from my frosties, 2 natural cycle FETs=bfn, on a medicated FET cycle now.
#82 of 578 Old 01-11-2011, 08:12 AM

Silverbird - Good to hear from you! Yum to everything vegan (I try to be mostly vegan--lapse once in a while). First of all, congrats on the FREE IVF and ICSI!!! You are blessed to have a national health care system. As far as preparation for your cycle, a healthy diet (which it sounds like you've got covered), exercise, perhaps acupuncture and herbs. The time will fly by and you'll be cycling before you know it!

Staying Zen om.gif for a healthy belly.gifand rainbow1284.gif babies via IVF after 2x angel2.gif

#83 of 578 Old 01-11-2011, 08:17 AM

Prettyasangel - Thank you for sharing the info about L-Arginine and melatonin. That is fascinating info about melatonin. I already take it semi-regularly to help me sleep, but at a lower dose. I will try the higher dose just for the heck of it. The issue for me is egg quality, not quantity, so I will do whatever I can!

#84 of 578 Old 01-11-2011, 08:22 AM

Tear - Big hug2.gif to you! Grow, Baby A, Grow! FWIW, my cousin was pregnant with twins for her first pregnancy. One didn't make it and was reabsorbed, and she gave birth to a healthy baby boy who is now a sophomore in college! 

#85 of 578 Old 01-11-2011, 08:45 AM
rcr

Quote:
Originally Posted by songtothemoon View Post

Prettyasangel - Thank you for sharing the info about L-Arginine and melatonin. That is fascinating info about melatonin. I already take it semi-regularly to help me sleep, but at a lower dose. I will try the higher dose just for the heck of it. The issue for me is egg quality, not quantity, so I will do whatever I can!

I think I'll try melatonin too. I can't find any reason not to, so it seems like it can't hurt (am I right)? Thanks for the info about it, prettyasangel.

#86 of 578 Old 01-11-2011, 11:55 AM

thanks songtothemoon.  I'm defintly thinking about accupture near the time but I'm a bit worried herbs.  I wouldn't want to do anything that could make my cycles wonky.

Do u guys take time off work around treatment?  If so when and how much? After transfer to help be relaxed for implimentation or before to make it easier to go for tests?

Also any good books on treatment? I find books easier than the internet.

good luck all.

#87 of 578 Old 01-11-2011, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Silverbird - I actually was on a medical leave for another unrelated surgery so I didn't have to take the time off b/c I was already off, but i had been planning on taking some time off.   With our IVF I probably would have taken off from the retrieval to maybe 2 days after the transfer.  My Dr. does a 2 day transfer so it wouldn't have been too long.  I know my dr wanted me to be on bed rest the day of the transfer and then kinda limited bed rest the day after (which ment you could get up and sit at the table for a meal, but to pretty much suppose to lay low the rest of the day).

#88 of 578 Old 01-11-2011, 03:45 PM

silverbird - I will probably have to take half days before ER for testing, as I don't think I can manage it before work starts in the mornings. And I'm hoping to take a few days off after transfer. It's kinda looking like it might be around March break, which would work out nicely. For me, I gotta find the balance between taking enough time to feel relaxed and going back to work and routine so it doesn't consume me. I have plenty of sick days available, though. Do you have enough sick days?

single mama, started TTC Jan 2009, 12 IUIs w/frozen sperm, 3 self-insem w/fresh sperm; IVF cycle March 2011 gave me my beautiful daughter who is now 2 yrs old!!! Trying to make her a baby sibling from my frosties, 2 natural cycle FETs=bfn, on a medicated FET cycle now.
#89 of 578 Old 01-11-2011, 04:28 PM

Tear, sending lots of sticky vibes for BabyA. goodvibes.gif

SilverBird, I ended up overstimmed and had to take 3 days off after transfer.  No one IRL knows of our struggles, so I ended up using normal sick time.  I had to buy pregancy pants to go back to work cause I was so bloated. 

AFM, I got a hold of my clinic yesterday and have an appointment for next week.  Looks like I might make the Feb cycle cut off just barely!  If the FET takes it would be 2 years to the day of our fresh IVF cycle.  I also found out it would cost about twice as much as I was expecting.  I am really stressed trying to balance cost, wanting another singleton, and risking failure.  I didn't get any sleep last night.

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#90 of 578 Old 01-11-2011, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Tear, sending lots of sticky vibes for BabyA. goodvibes.gif

SilverBird, I ended up overstimmed and had to take 3 days off after transfer.  No one IRL knows of our struggles, so I ended up using normal sick time.  I had to buy pregancy pants to go back to work cause I was so bloated. 

AFM, I got a hold of my clinic yesterday and have an appointment for next week.  Looks like I might make the Feb cycle cut off just barely!  If the FET takes it would be 2 years to the day of our fresh IVF cycle.  I also found out it would cost about twice as much as I was expecting.  I am really stressed trying to balance cost, wanting another singleton, and risking failure.  I didn't get any sleep last night.

I was also surprised at how much a FET costs.  I was under the impression initially that it was under a thousand dollar, but it's not.  I think our is almost $2,000. Grrrrr!!!!!  Just have to keep telling myself that it will all be worth it!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page