Winter IVF Thread - Come and join in on the Journey!!!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 578 Old 01-15-2011, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

missme: I do think I'll tell my boss neaer the time.  She seems v nice.  I just think it will be better after I've been working for a while not the first hing she knows about me. 

KirstinaMarie congrats on your trasfer.  rooting for your embies.  goodvibes.gifgoodvibes.gif

blueezzye don't worry about the stats.  I get confused too thats why I asked my sister!

rcr glad you got your timetable.  fingersx.gif good luck for the 30th and whatever date's your transfer!

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 578 Old 01-16-2011, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Hello ladies,

Some of you may remember me from the fall IVF thread.  We lost our angel baby this past Friday night.  I would have been 11 weeks the following day.  I'm not sure if we will try again soon or if we will wait till spring and summer, but I'd like to join all of you here and cheer you on until we decide what is right for us.

Tear: I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of one of your babies.  

Everyone else, I haven't yet taken the time to read through all the replies here, but know that I am cheering for you all.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#123 of 578 Old 01-16-2011, 10:07 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Kewpie- I am so sorry for your loss. I remember being really happy for you when I was stalking the fall thread, even though I didn't post much. Do you have any idea what happened? I am so sorry. hug.gif

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#124 of 578 Old 01-16-2011, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewpie80 View Post

Hello ladies,

Some of you may remember me from the fall IVF thread.  We lost our angel baby this past Friday night.  I would have been 11 weeks the following day.  I'm not sure if we will try again soon or if we will wait till spring and summer, but I'd like to join all of you here and cheer you on until we decide what is right for us.

Everyone else, I haven't yet taken the time to read through all the replies here, but know that I am cheering for you all.

Kewpie - Oh my heart just breaks for you! hug2.gif I was so excited for you and DH when you got your BFP in fall, you so deserved it!!  What does your RE say about the whole thing?  You had seen a heartbeat hadn't you?  Thinking of you and praying for your healing!!  Take care and we would love for you to join us, even in your waiting period or with what ever you decide to do.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#125 of 578 Old 01-16-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post

Kewpie- I am so sorry for your loss. I remember being really happy for you when I was stalking the fall thread, even though I didn't post much. Do you have any idea what happened? I am so sorry. hug.gif

It happened at home and I was able to catch and hold the baby before we left for the hospital.  It was definitely not as developed as it should have been.  We had gone to the ER the night before because of bleeding and there was still a strong fast heartbeat, so I think there was just a problem in the way it was growing and God called the baby back home.  

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#126 of 578 Old 01-16-2011, 10:32 AM

I haven't talked to my RE yet.  I plan to call Monday morning.  The baby had been measuring small at each u/s so I'm wondering if that had anything to do with it.  Yes, we had a strong and fast heartbeat at each u/s...even had one the night before the loss.  I've been hearing that is somewhat rare to lose the baby after that, but I guess it does happen since there are definitely losses after week 5-6.  I hope my RE has some answers for us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueyezz4 View Post

Kewpie - Oh my heart just breaks for you! hug2.gif I was so excited for you and DH when you got your BFP in fall, you so deserved it!!  What does your RE say about the whole thing?  You had seen a heartbeat hadn't you?  Thinking of you and praying for your healing!!  Take care and we would love for you to join us, even in your waiting period or with what ever you decide to do.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#127 of 578 Old 01-16-2011, 11:21 AM

Kewpie - I am so very sorry for your loss. hug2.gif Sending you healing prayers during this difficult time. Join us whenever you wish--we're here for you.

Staying Zen om.gif for a healthy belly.gifand rainbow1284.gif babies via IVF after 2x angel2.gif

Grateful for my amazingsuperhero.gifDH!
#128 of 578 Old 01-16-2011, 11:24 AM

Kristina - Congrats on your transfer!!! You are PUPO (Pregnant Until Presumed Otherwise). Sending those embabies sticky vibes!

Staying Zen om.gif for a healthy belly.gifand rainbow1284.gif babies via IVF after 2x angel2.gif

#129 of 578 Old 01-16-2011, 11:29 AM

Hi IVFers (especially Kristina!) - I saw this on another forum and thought it was pretty funny, especially the reference to Toni Weschler (Taking Charge of Your Fertility). I'm going to post it under TTC, too. 

I'm editing this post to abide by MDC rules about copyrighted content. I will link to the forum where I found this.

The Two-Week Wait Activity List
14 Things To Do When 14 Days Seem Like Forever
by Lynn Steen

As any woman who is trying to get pregnant can tell you, the two weeks from ovulation to the due date for your next period are pure torture.

You promise yourself you'll just wait it out, distract yourself with other activities and you won't even THINK about taking a pregnancy test until you're at least a day overdue. Then something happens - your breasts start hurting in a slightly different way than they did before, you get slightly nauseous, you have some spotting …Or nothing happens, but you find yourself waking up wishing you could go to sleep again so that it would be another day closer to knowing. You can't think, you can't sleep, you can't work, you start taking HPTs days before they are even possibly meaningful. You are deep in the abyss of THE TWO-WEEK WAIT!

In my opinion, it's no use advising women to stop obsessing, it's impossible. Instead, I give you a list ofmore productive ways to obsess. Please note, however, that there is a limit that each woman must define for herself, between indulging in some baby-daydreaming and going overboard. I've included some examples below:

1. Take a walk around your neighborhood and figure out what will be the best route for strolls with the baby. Find areas with nice sidewalks and easy curbs. Go ahead and daydream. But do NOT buy a stroller for the dog.

For the rest of this very funny list, please click here.

#130 of 578 Old 01-16-2011, 02:45 PM

kwepi80 - hug.gif so sorry to hear of your loss.  Glad you could join us.  I'm not doing IVF till autum but I'm learning so much from these laides.

songtothemoon ROTFLMAO.gifthat article is great! I'm going to have to store it somewhere till I need it in Oct!

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#131 of 578 Old 01-16-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewpie80 View Post

Hello ladies,

Kewpie, I'm so sorry honey. This is just so unfair, and the word "why?!" screams through my mind, though I feel there is no answer to that question. Thank you for thinking of me. I am definitely sending positive thoughts, and peace, and shared sadness for the loss of your little one. hug.gifcandle.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#132 of 578 Old 01-17-2011, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter

SARAHCHCECILE-  Thinking about you today and sending your embies positive healthy sticky vibes!!!!!!!!!!!goodvibes.gif

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#133 of 578 Old 01-17-2011, 09:19 AM

Kewpie80 - Oh my!!! I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers!! God Bless!!!

#134 of 578 Old 01-17-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyezz4 View Post

SARAHCHCECILE-  Thinking about you today and sending your embies positive healthy sticky vibes!!!!!!!!!!!goodvibes.gif

Me too! praying.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#135 of 578 Old 01-17-2011, 03:15 PM

Kewpie - I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I'm thinking of you and sending peace and love.

single mama, started TTC Jan 2009, 12 IUIs w/frozen sperm, 3 self-insem w/fresh sperm; IVF cycle March 2011 gave me my beautiful daughter who is now 2 yrs old!!! Trying to make her a baby sibling from my frosties, 2 natural cycle FETs=bfn, on a medicated FET cycle now.
#136 of 578 Old 01-17-2011, 03:16 PM

Sarahcecile - hope your beta was okay today. thinking of you today.

single mama, started TTC Jan 2009, 12 IUIs w/frozen sperm, 3 self-insem w/fresh sperm; IVF cycle March 2011 gave me my beautiful daughter who is now 2 yrs old!!! Trying to make her a baby sibling from my frosties, 2 natural cycle FETs=bfn, on a medicated FET cycle now.
#137 of 578 Old 01-17-2011, 03:18 PM

KristinaMarie - sending you sticky vibes! Hope you are feeling okay!

#138 of 578 Old 01-17-2011, 05:34 PM

Hey All - I am just popping in for a moment. Sorry to be debbie-downer. My follow up Beta today was not good news, the pregnancy is ending. Bye little bean(s). I wish all of you enormous luck, and very very very sticky babies, and 2011 full of joy and health!

I am headed off to find some Mamas-of-Onlies to chat with on Mothering, as I have to come up with a whole new life plan. Never ever thought this is how my life would go. But who ever does, right? My daughter is a miracle, literally, and I will forever wonder why I was lucky enough to have her arrive in my life.

Baby dust to you all ~

- Sarah

Sarah photosmile2.gif, 29 - married and entirely love.gif with DH geek.gif. Mama to our one and only amazing Adeline joy.gif 11.05  Forever holding 4 brokenheart.gifs .

#139 of 578 Old 01-17-2011, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Sarah - hug2.gif Thanks for the update even though I was so hoping and praying that your news would be different!!!  My heart breaks for you and I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!!  I'm so glad that you have your daughter, the miracle that she is and never loose hope that maybe, just maybe some day some how you might have another miracle.  Take care!!

#140 of 578 Old 01-17-2011, 06:29 PM
rcr

Sarah- I came to see if you posted, I am sorry to find bad news. Please be gentle with yourself. I am so sorry for your loss hug.gif

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#141 of 578 Old 01-17-2011, 06:32 PM
rcr

Has anybody experienced mild period-like cramping and spotting and sore breasts while on bcp? I have those symptoms, which from what I remember are Norman bcp things, but I am wondering if it means I am not being suppressed enough.

#142 of 578 Old 01-17-2011, 06:56 PM

Sarah - Oh, no! I am so sorry for the loss of your bean(s). I wish you and your DH love, light, and healing during this difficult time. Big HUGS to you.

#143 of 578 Old 01-18-2011, 01:35 PM

sarahcecile I'm so sorry for you! candle.gifhug.gif Hoping things work out well for you and your family.  Go give you miricel child a hug.

If anyone likes meditations I recomend meditations for pregancy

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Meditations-Your-Pregnancy-Conception-Beyond/dp/1903258049/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1295386365&sr=8-2-spell

It has a whole chapter on conception mediatations including ones for fertility treatment and when you worry you will never get pregnant.

#144 of 578 Old 01-19-2011, 05:07 AM
rcr

Hi. I woke up to more bleeding. This time not just spotting, it was more like a period. I am waiting for a call back from the RE. I hope this doesn't screw everything up. I just totally re-arranged my class schedules so that I could be gone for retrieval and putting them back in. Ugh. I hope this does not set my schedule back.

#145 of 578 Old 01-19-2011, 06:29 AM

The nurse at my info session said that you might have a period while you're on the BCP - I'm not sure why... but she said not to worry. Obviously, you should still ask your doctor! but it might not be a problem!

#146 of 578 Old 01-19-2011, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

rcr - How frustrating!!!  I sure hope you get some answers soon and I also hope that missme is right and it is just a fluke.  Keep us posted.  Fingers crossed for you that you don't have to change your schedule again.  What a headache! 

#147 of 578 Old 01-19-2011, 08:36 AM

rcr- How frustrating!  I hope this doesn't mess up your schedule too. 

Well, I talked to my RE last night and he said that we can start on a new cycle as soon as we feel we are ready.  DH and I discussed it last night and we both feel that we are ready to get started right away.  I was afraid of feeling like we were forgetting/replacing our lost baby, but DH reminded me that our baby loved us and would want us to have our family and as long as we never forgot the baby, it would never be like replacing them.  We are putting together a shadow box of all the things from this lost pregnancy and we got a flowering plant to memorialize the baby.  

I called this morning and made the appt for the end of the month to meet with the RE and discuss our plan for moving forward.  This will be another fresh cycle since we had no embies to freeze.  So, we should be at the point of transfer sometime around the end of february or so...

IVF #1 11 weeks

#148 of 578 Old 01-19-2011, 09:11 AM

Oh kewpie so sorry for your loss I can't believe it, so unfair greensad.gif

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#149 of 578 Old 01-19-2011, 10:06 AM
rcr

Kewpie - Sorry again for your loss. That makes me so sad. After my recent m/c (not IVF), I was even more determined to get pregnant for some reason. I didn't feel l was replacing the baby either, I really can't explain my feelings, but I had a strong feeling to try again right away, so I just went with it. I would just go with your feelings, I am sure they can't be wrong.

missme - I haven't heard back from the RE yet (they usually return calls in the afternoon), but I did reed on dr.google on several places that bleeding during bcp was normal. Strange though, I was on bcp for almost all of my 20s, and some of my early 30s, and I don't remember this kind of bleeding taking place. I don't know why it would be different now, other than I am only on them for a short period of time (two weeks now). Anyway, thanks for your reply, it makes me feel a bit better.

#150 of 578 Old 01-20-2011, 06:05 AM - Thread Starter

Kewpie - I'm so sorry you've had to go through all this... so not fair!  Know I am totally rooting for you!!  I am glad to hear that you have a plan in order.  I know with me, and I know i didn't get nearly as far as you did, but I just feel like I want to jump back in head first.  I keep saying, that DH and I aren't getting any younger too.  Also, I was told after our first loss that sometime it is better to try sooner (as soon as the Drs allow) than later b/c your body was just pregnant and knows that so it makes it easier to get pregnant again.  Our High risk Dr told us that after we lost our boys so who knows.  Not that it worked for us that time, but I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it might this time.  Keep us posted.

rcr - did you finally hear anything back from you RE about the bleeding????? 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page