Winter IVF Thread - Come and join in on the Journey!!!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 578 Old 01-23-2011, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by primipara View Post

That would be great if you could add me to the list.

I'm on Lupron right now, hoping to start estrogen this week for a FET sometime in February ( I hope!!!)

Great!!!  I've added you!!  Welcome again!!  It is nice for me to have all these FET people here so I can learn the ropes.  I was hoping to have my FET in Feb, but I'm guessing it may end up being in March.  Oh well!!!  Good luck to you and keep us posted!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#182 of 578 Old 01-23-2011, 03:51 PM

Hi all!

Good news--AF is on her way! I started spotting last night and today a bit more--like a light brown flow. Hopefully, tomorrow will be full flow and CD 1. That means I'll start stims on Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest!

Staying Zen om.gif for a healthy belly.gifand rainbow1284.gif babies via IVF after 2x angel2.gif

Grateful for my amazingsuperhero.gifDH!
#183 of 578 Old 01-23-2011, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Song - Yeah for brown spotting!!!!! joy.gif Crazy that we get excited about AF being on her way...only on this thread and at certain times, I guess.  I keep feeling like AF is coming too with cramps and a little breakout, but from what they say she probably shouldn't be around for me until mid Feb, but I just keep hoping they are wrong.  My body seems to always do things it's own way!!!!!  Keep us posted on when you start your stims.  What are you going to be taking??

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#184 of 578 Old 01-24-2011, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyezz4 View Post

Song - Yeah for brown spotting!!!!! joy.gif Crazy that we get excited about AF being on her way...only on this thread and at certain times, I guess.  I keep feeling like AF is coming too with cramps and a little breakout, but from what they say she probably shouldn't be around for me until mid Feb, but I just keep hoping they are wrong.  My body seems to always do things it's own way!!!!!  Keep us posted on when you start your stims.  What are you going to be taking??

Hee hee...I know! I'm having a good ol' fashioned PMS (maybe cause I've been off meds for a few months now, my cycle has gone back to natural?). I've got sore breasts, bad skin, and major weepiness. But I can't wait for AF cause then I get to start BCP and get this show on the road! Then I can have even crazier symptoms. But hopefully, it will all be worth it.

P.S. I always read "AF" as 'Annoying Friend".

single mama, started TTC Jan 2009, 12 IUIs w/frozen sperm, 3 self-insem w/fresh sperm; IVF cycle March 2011 gave me my beautiful daughter who is now 2 yrs old!!! Trying to make her a baby sibling from my frosties, 2 natural cycle FETs=bfn, on a medicated FET cycle now.
#185 of 578 Old 01-24-2011, 06:30 AM

And I forgot to say, YAY for starting stims this week, songtothemoon!

single mama, started TTC Jan 2009, 12 IUIs w/frozen sperm, 3 self-insem w/fresh sperm; IVF cycle March 2011 gave me my beautiful daughter who is now 2 yrs old!!! Trying to make her a baby sibling from my frosties, 2 natural cycle FETs=bfn, on a medicated FET cycle now.
#186 of 578 Old 01-24-2011, 07:06 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by songtothemoon View Post

Hi all!

Good news--AF is on her way! I started spotting last night and today a bit more--like a light brown flow. Hopefully, tomorrow will be full flow and CD 1. That means I'll start stims on Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest!

Woohoo!!!

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

***4***8**12***16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#187 of 578 Old 01-24-2011, 10:18 AM
rcr

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome Primi

Blue - I finish BCP tomorrow.

Somg Yay!! joy.gif I am not too far behind you. I start stims on Sunday, I think.

AFM - I have a telephone meeting with the nurse to talk about my schedule in 15 minutes, but I forgot the darn schedule at home. I hope that is not a problem. I have been looking forward to this appointment for two weeks, I don't know how I could forget. duh.gif

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#188 of 578 Old 01-24-2011, 12:52 PM

AF is here and I started BCP today.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#189 of 578 Old 01-24-2011, 01:58 PM
rcr

keria yay! It is nice to be moving forward isn't it.

My telephone conversation with the nurse was ok, It was no big deal that I did not have the calendar. I start stims on Sunday (gonelf and menipur - I am probably totally spelling and saying them wrong). I stop BCP tomorrow, and I have an appointment with the RE this Friday.

Kewpie just thinking about you. Hope you are doing ok.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#190 of 578 Old 01-24-2011, 03:03 PM

Lol I don't know I'm so scared don't know why though.

Glad your appointment went well, it will be over before you know it, even though IVF was this BIG thing that I was doing, the day to day of everything was pretty easy for me even though I'm scared of needles and doctors and blood, I'm such a chicken lol, the hardest part was the tww but it will all be worth it.

#191 of 578 Old 01-24-2011, 04:43 PM

Just came to give a quick update. After a cluster of a day the Dr's office called me to give me my test results. Mind you I went in at 9:30 this morning and had to wait until 4:03 for them to call me back. the result was 399, so I am preggo. I am 10dp5dt. With my first IVF my beta 9dp5dt was 116, so this is a vast improvment.

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

#192 of 578 Old 01-24-2011, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinaMarie View Post

Just came to give a quick update. After a cluster of a day the Dr's office called me to give me my test results. Mind you I went in at 9:30 this morning and had to wait until 4:03 for them to call me back. the result was 399, so I am preggo. I am 10dp5dt. With my first IVF my beta 9dp5dt was 116, so this is a vast improvment.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!    broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif  I was just "stalking" you to find out if you were still around and I was going to post to see how it all went!!!  How many embies did you transfer again and it has been forever since I've read back... i forget if it was a Fresh or Frozen?  Those numbers are AWESOMEjoy.gif!!!!!! Keep us posted!  When is your next beta???

#193 of 578 Old 01-24-2011, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

Kewpie - How are you doing?  What's going on in your world?  Just checking in on you.

Missme - LOL.... "Annoying Friend"  I like that!!!!

rcr - Glad to hear your telephone meeting went well and Yeah for finishing BCP!!  Have you been on Gonal F before?

Keria - Yeah for AF and starting BCPs.

Song - AF??????

AFM - Grrrrrrr!!!  Had another hcg draw this morning and it went from 71 (last mon) to 14.5 now and I have to go back again next Monday!  This is starting to get old! We are on the FET schedule with our RE for March and I'm starting to feel like I'm having to plan my month and it's like a month and a half away - I really hate this part of infertility and ART.  Started spotting again this morning too after several days of no spotting.  I'm really excited for all of you starting stims and this whole process.  I really found the whole process kinda neat to be able to see the progress and i agree that the tww was probably the worst like Keria said.  I didn't have any weird side effects, so it was just more meds and more U/S's/bloodwork compared to all the IUI's we have done.

#194 of 578 Old 01-24-2011, 05:39 PM

We transfered 2 day 5 blasts that had been frozen since 12/08. I go for my next beta on Wednesday. I can hardly wait!!

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

#195 of 578 Old 01-24-2011, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

We transfered 2 day 5 blasts that had been frozen since 12/08. I go for my next beta on Wednesday. I can hardly wait!!

Whoa-wee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!joy.gif  That info makes me even more excited!!!!!!   I can hardly wait to hear your next number too!!! 

#196 of 578 Old 01-25-2011, 05:08 AM

Congratulations Kristina!!!

Blue I hope your numbers are back to 0 by next draw what's your schedule after that? are you doing meds or using your natural cycle to transfer.?

#197 of 578 Old 01-25-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:

Truly wonderful news, KristinaMarie!!! So happy for you! Make sure you post after your beta on Weds.!!!

#198 of 578 Old 01-25-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keria View Post

Keria - hurray for BCP! I'm glad you've started your protocol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post

My telephone conversation with the nurse was ok, It was no big deal that I did not have the calendar. I start stims on Sunday (gonelf and menipur - I am probably totally spelling and saying them wrong). I stop BCP tomorrow, and I have an appointment with the RE this Friday.

rcr - this is exciting! Are you nervous about starting stims?

Quote:

AFM - Grrrrrrr!!!  Had another hcg draw this morning and it went from 71 (last mon) to 14.5 now and I have to go back again next Monday!  This is starting to get old! We are on the FET schedule with our RE for March and I'm starting to feel like I'm having to plan my month and it's like a month and a half away - I really hate this part of infertility and ART.  Started spotting again this morning too after several days of no spotting.  I'm really excited for all of you starting stims and this whole process.  I really found the whole process kinda neat to be able to see the progress and i agree that the tww was probably the worst like Keria said.  I didn't have any weird side effects, so it was just more meds and more U/S's/bloodwork compared to all the IUI's we have done.

blueyezz - frustrating. but 71 down to 14.5 seems like a big drop, so hopefully you WILL be down to 0 by next week. My fingers are crossed for you. Go away HCG!

#199 of 578 Old 01-25-2011, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keria View Post

woot!  

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#200 of 578 Old 01-25-2011, 06:37 AM

YAY!  Congrats!!!

Quote:

IVF #1 11 weeks

#201 of 578 Old 01-25-2011, 06:42 AM

Thanks for checking on me.  I'm doing ok.  Emotionally, it's getting a little easier each day.  Physically, I've stopped bleeding and spotting.  I will be seeing our RE this afternoon and will be starting BCP probably today.  He also wrote me a Rx for Provera.  So, we're on our way! The 2ww is tough, but the waiting around to actually get started is the hardest part for me.

I'm also terrified this will happen again (m/c)  :( I'm planning to mention that to our RE.  Hopefully he can offer some words of encouragement.  He is by far the most compassionate doctor I have ever seen.  He genuinely loves kids and cares for his patients.  He even called me from his phone at home when he heard about the m/c.  I'm so glad we found him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post

Kewpie just thinking about you. Hope you are doing ok.

Quote:

Kewpie - How are you doing?  What's going on in your world?  Just checking in on you.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#202 of 578 Old 01-25-2011, 07:07 AM
rcr

Yay Kristina!! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

And yay kierra too

Missme - I am really really nervous about starting stims. It all seems so confusing. All these drugs, it is really hard to keep them straight. I get my package of drugs today (fedex), so when I get them I am going to make sure what is what and when I need to take each thing, so there is no confusion on Sunday when the doc is gone and I am starting my shots. I wish I could do a practice shot. They gave me the shot class last week, but since I was not giving myself a shot, I am still nervous about it. Listening to somebody explain it and actually doing it are quite different.

Blue - sorry you are still waiting. That must be so frustrating. ugh. When your numbers do get to 0, can you start the fet right away, or are they going to make you wait a cycle.

AFM - I think I forgot to mention here, the DH gave his sperm to freeze to the RE yesterday, and they told me he has 0% morphology. Strangely, she said they can still work with it. Well, at least that seems strange to me. Not one of his sperm is normally shaped, but they can still use it. hmmm. I guess two tails or whatever doesn't matter when they are doing icsi.

My last bcp was this morning.

#203 of 578 Old 01-25-2011, 08:09 AM

rcr - I was really nervous about starting the injections too.  In my experience, the worrying was worse than actually doing it.  It became no big deal after 1-2 times.  The meds seemed confusing to me too, but that also got easier.  I ended up making a chart for myself to keep them straight and to tell me when to take each.  As a new one was added, I added it to the chart and then put an X through the ones I stopped when the time came.  I'm big on list making though. :P

AFM- My RE's office just called and canceled our appt today. :(  Our RE had a family emergency.  I understand, but I'm bummed.  My new appt is on the 1st of Feb.

Totally pointless, but I just figured out what goodvibes.gif this emote means. hahaha  I thought it was someone blowing a party blower for the longest time.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#204 of 578 Old 01-25-2011, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Keria + rcr - You both kinda asked me the same question, so I figured I'd do a combine post here....  Once my hcg gets below 0 then they say it will take maybe 4 wks (or more, everyone is different) to then get a cycle to start.  That first cycle we can't do anything and just have to ride it out and they tell you not to try on this cycle which seems so stupid to me b/c "hello, we have been trying on our own for almost 5 yrs and it hasn't happened, so why would this month be the magical month", but I understand.  Then when I get AF the 2nd month I start taking a real low dose of Gonal F and they want like 1 or 2 really good follies, add in there progesterone and Estrace and then I guess I trigger and we do the FET.  That is my understanding!!

MissMe - Yes, that is a good drop, but a couple of weeks ago the lab accidentally ran my hcg on Tues after I had just had it run on Mon the day before and it went from 667 to 437 and that was just after one day, so it just seems odd to me that if it has that big of a drop (230)  after only 24 hrs you'd think I'd be at 0 already.  Who knows.  Maybe it really starts to slow down as you get lower.

Kewpie - glad you hear each day is getting a little better for you.  Sorry to hear that your Dr had to cancel your appt today... bummer!  I guess you can't blame him if it was a family emergency.  Don't you just love when Drs care!  Now a days it is hard to find a good Dr so when you do, you want to stick with them.  I'm glad you have found a good one, I think that can make all the difference.  We love our RE and his nurse too.  They are just such caring people and I always feel kinda honored when he himself will actually call me to talk to me about so issues or something.  That is so old school, but I love it.  I have had the same fear as you "what if it happens again".  I totally hear you.  I just keep trying to tell myself that I can't live my life in fear of the unknown and just take one day at a time and try to think positive.  Also, I have survived the worst before and God forbid it happens again, I guess I'll survive again - even though it just isn't fair.    PS..your whole party blower comment made me laugh!!  goodvibes.gif  Sending you some positive vibes!!!! 

rcr - I did the same thing as Kewpie.  I made myself a calendar...just printed a blank one off the computer and then wrote down the drug and the dosage i took and when to add new drugs.  It made me feel more organized so I wouldn't mess anything up, plus it was always nice to be able to look back after when someone asks you how long you stimmed or what not.  Take a deep breath before you open the box of meds.  I know i was kinda overwhelmed, but actually I thought there would have been more for all the money we dished out.  Sorry to hear about the morphology issue.  Maybe even if there is 0% morphology there are still a few good ones they can pick out.  I'm not very knowledgeable in that area.

#205 of 578 Old 01-25-2011, 10:00 AM
rcr

Thanks Kewpie. I am going to make a chart too. I am also a big list maker.

Sorry the appointment was canceled. Sorry also that you are nervous about a m/c this time. I am too. I don't have anything to help, I wish I did.

#206 of 578 Old 01-25-2011, 05:59 PM

Thats interesting blue it 's like doing  a mini ivf minus the retrieval.

My clinic gave me a calendar with the meds already printed out, also DH is a RN so he kept a file on his computer of everything the only thing I had to worry about was icing the area.

I went today to get my prescription for the drugs hopefully I'll get them for free again,  I'm kind of unimpressed with the dosage I did 200 last cycle and I'm  considered a low responder so for this cycle the doctor prescribed 300, I'm definetelly asking for an earlier u/s so we can adjust as needed.

We are doing another SA next week I think I'm looking at ER at the end of feb.

#207 of 578 Old 01-26-2011, 06:32 AM

rcr - I think they cut the tails off the sperm for ICSI, because if they inject a sperm with a tail it would thrash around inside the egg. During natural fertilization, the tail falls off as the sperm goes in. So that's probably why they can still work with you DH's sperm. Pretty amazing, actually. My fingers are crossed for you!

kewpie - I'm so sorry your appt. was cancelled. Waiting is the worst. I know how you feel. When I was doing IUI, my doctor was in Israel for his grandson's Bar Mitzvah. Hard to be upset about something like that, but it was tough...

blue - about the 'magical month'. I totally get how frustrating it is to hear stuff like that. But my sister DID have a magical month. They tried for 2 yrs, had IVF resulting in an ectopic, then a FET resulting in a chemical, then got pregnant at home the next month. Totally miraculous. And my gorgeous nephew is 5 1/2 months old and has fat thighs and four teeth. Miracles happen! If only they'd happen for all of us in this group, and soon!

AFM - welcome AF!!! This is it! I get to start my protocol - BCP first. I'm waiting for the nurse's call back to set it all up. I'm sooo excited!

#208 of 578 Old 01-26-2011, 06:52 AM
rcr

Yay AF, Missme every little change is so exciting, isn't it.

Kierra - how wonderful it must be to have a DH who is an RN, in this situation. My DH isn't home during the week, so I have to give the shots myself, and figure it out myself.

I just got my big box of IVF meds yesterday (fedex). This is what was in it: progestrone oil injections, Novarel injections (not sure what this is for), crinone gel, menopur, Ganirelix (not sure what this is for), Follistim (the pen kind), and a bunch of needles plus a hcg injection kit, but I don't see the actual hcg. Hmmm, maybe they give it to me before I need it.

So I remember the pharmicist telling me that there was a stim drug that was not covered by insurance, so she switched it to something else - I think that was Fillistim. I know that the menopur is a stim drug too. I am not sure what that other stuff it. My schedule is pretty vague. I have an appointment on Friday, so I think I am going to take the box with me to straighten everything out. Maybe I will bring some large bags to separate them into, because I don't really know what needles go with what. It is all so confusing.

When I got home the box was on my front porch waiting for me, I was so excited to go through it I put DS to bed early so that I could be alone. Looking inside was pretty daunting, so many needles and boxes full of drugs (Blue - I didn't read your post before I opened it - and I certainly was not expecting to be so overwhelmed). They also sent the bill. We only paid $190, but it had the amount that insurance paid. Wow, like thousands and thousands of dollars. I feel so lucky to have this insurance.

If any of you vetrans/grads had a protocol like mine, I would love to hear what/when these drugs were used, although I am sure I will get it straightened out at the docs office on Friday.

Oh, and I stopped bcp this morning. yay!

Blue - the waiting would drive me nuts. Sorry. I also think it is dumb to have to wait a month. My RE wanted me to wait a month after I got AF too, but told me we could try naturally that month (yea, like that was going to work eyesroll.gif).

#209 of 578 Old 01-26-2011, 09:40 AM

kewpie--i'm thinking about you. Feb 1 is only 4 days away! I've just come to an end of an unexpected 3 week delay (because I ovulated on Birth Control Pills instead of suppressing) and it just about killed me.

Blue--good luck!! it's so weird, your protocol is like opposite of mine. I hope the time goes by fast.

The fear of m/c is always going to be there. I know I'm afraid and I haven't even experienced it. I was listening to This American Life this morning and there was a story about a woman who's been fighting Stage IV breast cancer, which has a 2 year life expectancy, for 23 years. She has had to come to terms with this very very concrete fear of dying, and she said it took her 14 years to fully accept it and "stop living like there was plexiglass between her and the world." She travels, writes books, and devotes herself to her family and friends. Oddly enough my aunt also survived 15 years with advanced breast cancer. Hearing this woman's story really helped me put things in perspective. It's not easy but maybe we can make friends with that fear.

I went to the dr. this morning and here's the new plan: Lupron (to make sure I don't ovulate) + estrogen for 3 weeks. Progesterone + thaw sometime around the 17th of February, targeting a transfer on the 21st.

#210 of 578 Old 01-26-2011, 11:02 AM

Rcr I htink my protocol was similar to yours, FSH is the main stim and menopaur is also an stim but is  used as a support drug, ganirelix is the antagonist is used after a certan days of stims to keep you form ovulating. did you check the HCG injection kit to see if the HCG was in there? mine had everything in the box.

ETA, Actually Novarel is your HCG. I used ovidrel and it all comes together.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page