Success with IUI - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-03-2011, 04:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

You asked for an uplifting IUI story so I am going to give you one.  I am 37 and we tried IUI two times using donor sperm and 50mg of clomide.  I became pregnant (just yesterday I tested positive and now I am sitting here waiting for my doctors office to open:) after the second IUI.  I hope that this helps and I hope that your journey ends with a beautiful, healthy baby!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 01-03-2011, 06:55 AM

Congrats to you, humphrey!!  :)

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#3 of 11 Old 01-29-2011, 11:04 PM

Congrats!! Sounds promising!!! Am doing the same this month, but we have unexplained infertility,,how long you coudn't get pregnant? what did you tried before?

,,,it was worth to wait for two years,,,
#4 of 11 Old 01-30-2011, 06:55 PM

I too had IUI success with donor sperm! He is almost 16 months old! First attempt with donor sperm. Good luck!

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#5 of 11 Old 02-02-2011, 03:31 PM

Congrats on your success!  We had our first IUI last Monday and Tuesday.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.

#6 of 11 Old 02-02-2011, 11:20 PM

JT15 I hope it worked!! Did u take clomid?

,,,it was worth to wait for two years,,,
#7 of 11 Old 02-09-2011, 04:42 AM

Congrats to the ladies that got pregnant!! I have a question...for those ladies that got an HCG trigger, how long after that did you wait to get the IUI? I had one failed IUI and i'm wondering how much it had to do with the timing. Because of my job, I'm really limited to doing things in the morning. So I got an hcg trigger injection at around 8am and then did the IUI the next morning around 10am. I've been reading that an IUI should be done anywhere from 24-48 hours but optimally around 36 hours. Well, my RE wouldn't be open that late, if I actually took got an HCG trigger at 8am. I guess my hubby can inject the hcg into me at night so that I would be ready in the morning but the RE seems to want to do that herself. What is everyone else's experience?

Thanks!!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#8 of 11 Old 02-09-2011, 06:12 PM

Congratulations! We were lucky enough to only need two iui's for dd2. This time around we did 6-7 and finally it worked.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#9 of 11 Old 02-10-2011, 09:40 AM

My RE does exactly what you asked about.  They time the HCG to be right at 36 hours before IUI.  One way they do it is by setting a specific IUI time.  They do them at 11 am.  The patient does the HCG trigger 36 hours before IUI (so 11 pm 2 days before the procedure).  I administered my trigger last night, and my IUI is tomorrow at 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renavoo View Post

Congrats to the ladies that got pregnant!! I have a question...for those ladies that got an HCG trigger, how long after that did you wait to get the IUI? I had one failed IUI and i'm wondering how much it had to do with the timing. Because of my job, I'm really limited to doing things in the morning. So I got an hcg trigger injection at around 8am and then did the IUI the next morning around 10am. I've been reading that an IUI should be done anywhere from 24-48 hours but optimally around 36 hours. Well, my RE wouldn't be open that late, if I actually took got an HCG trigger at 8am. I guess my hubby can inject the hcg into me at night so that I would be ready in the morning but the RE seems to want to do that herself. What is everyone else's experience?

Thanks!!

Callie Mama to Nate and TTC Baby #2
#10 of 11 Old 02-10-2011, 10:30 AM

Thanks, Tulpen88! That makes complete sense. I don't know why my RE didn't tell me that before I wasted so much money. Sometimes, I wonder...I mean, I know she's a good RE and all that but seriously. I apparently had low Vitamin D and she never mentioned it to me (and I know she had it tested-she requested enough tests to fill 17 vials!). I went to see my primary care doctor and she told me that my vit D levels were really low. I started taking the vitamin and suddenly, my 40 plus day cycles were reduced to around 30. I just don't know if my RE is really looking carefully at the details!

I think this cycle, I'm going to try clomid alone, mostly because of scheduling issues! My RE's office is closed the day that I probably will need to be triggered. Then again, if that means that she'll allow me to trigger on my own, then maybe it would be a good thing? I don't know!!!

Here's hoping you have good luck with your most recent IUI!!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#11 of 11 Old 08-16-2011, 08:07 AM

hi! i am 37 yrs old and 5 weeks pregnant after our very first iui with clomid and hcg shot. we have been trying naturally for almost 4 yrs and you can just imagine how extremely delighted we are after seeing those 2 lines at 15dpo. i joined this forum because i want to express how i feel since we cannot tell our relatives and friends at the moment. my husband and i decided to wait for the heartbeat at 6-7 weeks before finally breaking the news.  i have been taking folic acid and duphaston (as prescribed by my ob-gyne) in order to avoid miscarriage but while waiting for the first ultrasound, i'm now wondering if the baby is in place (inside the uterus). hope everything turns out fine. baby dust to all of you who are contemplating on trying iui. it surely works!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page