Whey Protein powder vs Hemp protein powder - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-03-2011, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was wondering what are your thoughts on Whey protein vs hemp protein. I am getting ready to start an IVF cycle and I purchased some Whey protein however someone told me that Hemp would be better. I am going to purchase a canister of Hemp today and I am going to start taking them both. I figure I would get the best out of both. I dont see any harm in taking them both. They are supposed to be excellent for infertility and especially for women who are cycling for IVF. Here is another thought should I take Whey protein and then add some Hemp oil. Would that be better?

Do you prefer one over the other?

#2 of 10 Old 01-03-2011, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

I just thought about something else. What about Hemp milk?

When I make my fertility smoothie I could use the Whey protein powder and add Hemp milk?

What are your thoughts?

#3 of 10 Old 01-04-2011, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Today was the 1st day that I tried Hemp. I made a blueberry and banana smoothie and boy was it nasty. It tastes like dirt and grass. Blah!!! Yuk!!! Fooey!!!!  I have decided to mix it with the Whey protein because there is no way I will be able to consume the Hemp by itself. I will continue to drink it because of its health properties. Blah!!!!

#4 of 10 Old 01-06-2011, 04:55 AM

I have never heard of Hemp being a benefit for fertility. I am intrigued do you have any links?

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
#5 of 10 Old 01-15-2011, 01:57 PM

hi prettyasanangle.  I don't know what property's of hemp your after but if your intrested in hemp seed instead I have a great recipie for hemp granola I could pm you it's lush and has loats of molasses for iron and calicum.

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#6 of 10 Old 01-17-2011, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

Silverbird - I would love the recipe. The reason that I started researching and taking hemp because I read several articles that Hemp is a complete protein food because it has all of the antioxidants in it. It is said that Hemp has huge amount of protein, essential amino acids, and important enzymes. Which is necessary for fertility. Thanks a bunch!!!

#7 of 10 Old 01-17-2011, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Kristin0105 - The reason that I said Hemp was good for fertility is because it is considered to being a complete food. Hemp has huge amount of protein, essential amino acids, and important enzymes. Which is necessary for fertility.S if you are trying to conceive and want to start supplementing with a high protein diet (which you should) then Hemp is the best way to go.

#8 of 10 Old 01-19-2011, 08:35 AM

Prettyasanangel thank you. I struggle with trying to get adequate protein so I am always looking for sources. I started drinking hemp milk :(  it's not the greatest and has about 3 grams of protein a serving. At this point I'll try anything. So I am going to try the powder. I'd also like the granola recipe maybe that would be better than the plain milk. Best of luck to you.

#9 of 10 Old 01-19-2011, 01:12 PM

hi I've pm'ed you both.  the recipe is from eat drink and be vegan by Dreena Burton which is a fab book.

do you have an amount of protien per day your aiming for?

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#10 of 10 Old 01-20-2011, 05:49 PM

Thanks silverbird can't wait to try it. I work out pretty hard so would love about 60g but realistically shoot for 30. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page