Hello - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-03-2011, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, My name is Sharee and I am new to this board.  I'm looking for some information infertility and was told this is a great place to start so here I am.  My dh and I have been ttc officially since April of 2010...prior to that weren't preventing or trying...just letting things happen.  We have other children in which we did not have much trouble conceiving.   Our youngest is two and we did have to use OPK's to get the right timing...>Well in April my Ob/gyn ran some test and determined my prolactin levels were slightly elevated and I probably was not ovulating. He gave me some meds to get it in range and as of Sept- they were normal.  My cycles are no longer avg....two years ago when I got pg with my youngest they were 25 days and now they are down to 23 days and appear to be getting shorter...they gradually went down to 23 days.  Ive been charting and using OPK and they both indicate ovulataion around the same time which is usually  day 12 and I have a 11 day lp.  I have noticed withing the last month an increasing amount of ovulation pain- like my ovaries  are painful...but it feels like ovulation pain- if you know what I mean.  We did see and re but he suggests we wait to July since we haven't had any issues getting pg b4 and things its just related to us getting older (dh-38 and Im 37).  I'm not so sure since my cycle is shrinking away....so what could be going on?  Im going back to see my Ob/gyn next week and I would like to have some ideas to give him....since they think its just age  and I think something is going on...So What do you think?  and thanks in Advance for all your help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2011, 05:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Since you have been actively trying since April, and are a little older, I don't know that I would wait until July like your doctor suggested.  As for what could be going on, I really don't have any new ideas.  A LP of 11 days is a little short, but not terrible.  There are some natural things you can do to extend it, such a B-6 (or B-Complex) vitamins. 

I wish you the best of luck at figuring out what's going on!! 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

User Tag List