I'm New - Thoughts/Experiences With Progesterone Therapy (Prometrium or other?) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 01-10-2011, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry! I posted this origianlly in Fertility - wrong spot I think. Hello! I'm new to the forum. Husband and I have been TTC for over a year now. I recently had all blood work ups/ultrasound done. All hormone levels turned out OK including testosterone. The ultrasound showed about 10 follicles in each ovary which the doctor said could have been borderline PCOS - he ruled it out after the results of testosterone. Husband's workup came back stellar. Apparently he's a "rockstar" in his department. Thank God. Doctor has tested my progesterone last two months and the level has come back at 10 and 10.1. He just prescribed progesterone therapy starting soon. I'm on day 28 and he said to start it one pill per day on day 14 until I get my period (or not - as I am hoping!). My cycle is anywhere from 25 days to 34 days. All over the map but I have been ovulating every month. Just makes it harder to pinpoint. (test strips are the best for detection - I've had great success with these!) I'll be taking the oral pill instead of the vaginal cream. Although my doctor says it has not been approved by the FDA yet. (Prometrium)Does anyone have experience with either or both? I'm worried about side effects with progesterone in general and would love to hear from others. Also, good luck to all of you who have been trying or have had losses! Jenn

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page