Can't shake this feeling... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-19-2011, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, ladies.I don't know if I'm posting this in the right section, so let me know if I should move... Here's a little background: I've been TTC since Oct. 2009. DH and I will not be married until March, so we have not gone through any testing due to insurance issues. I've been taking prenatals since September and started taking a B-Complex in November. We have no children. Basically, I'm terrified. I'm so scared that if/when I do finally get pregnant, I'm going to lose it. I've never been pregnant. I've never experienced a loss, and I just FEEL like my first pregnancy is going to end in a M/C. I always have. I read somewhere that 50% or so of first pregnancies end in a M/C, and ever since I read that... I can't shake the thought. It's so depressing... Any advice??? Thanks so much.

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#2 of 3 Old 01-20-2011, 07:19 AM

Hello,

Well, to be honest, I wouldn't worry so much about losing a potential pregnancy. You've been TTC'ing for long enough, and you are really young - leading me to think there might be some sort of issue you 2 are having GETTING pregnant in the first place.

I'll assume that you've done some homework and understand your cycle (reading "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" and other helpful books about getting pregnant). My first advice would be to start charting your basal body temperature, so that when you do get to go into the doctor's office, you have a sense of what's going on inside you.

Other than that, I would just wait til you have insurance and then go get some tests run on BOTH of you. In the meantime, have sex during your fertile window, keep taking vitamins and enjoy your wedding!

About miscarriages... they are heartbreaking. But there is no sense borrowing trouble from the future. You might live a miscarriage free life. And most miscarriages are due to chromosomal flaw - so it is probably best that the embryo didn't continue to develop.

You're YOUNG and have lots of time to sort this out. So, if possible: don't worry. It might take longer, but I can almost guarantee you'll have a baby sometime! Good luck :)

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2b942d

37yo mom to sweet boy after stressful pregnancy, and TTC 2nd starting nov2009 
trying holistic measures, B6 and other supplements, TCM with acu and herbs
#3 of 3 Old 01-24-2011, 11:43 AM

Even if that 50% first pregnaqncy loss number were right (not so sure), the majority of them would be pregnancies the woman did not even know about, because the miscarriage happened so very early. (The kind where the woman might get a positive test, if testing with a really sensitive test, and then get her period soon after.) The miscarriage rate after some weeks is nowhere near 50%.

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page