we found a dr! now to hear your success stories with clomid and IUI - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-27-2011, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am so excited!  We finally found a doctor who will treat us.  I have PCOS and am overweight.  The other doctors we have gone to have just taken one look at me and said no, but this one didn't!!!

We are starting on a conservative approach of:

Progesterone to start a cycle with Metformin and Levoxyl

Clomid on CD 3-7

Estradiol on CD 8-10

Sonogram on CD 12 with HCG trigger

IUI on CD 14 or so

Has anyone done this type of treatment?  Did it work for you?

M, married to B, Step-Mom to J coolshine.gif, with one of these cat.gif, and two of thesedog2.gifdog2.gif
#2 of 3 Old 01-27-2011, 05:46 PM

I also have PCOS. I did clomid on its own for 6ish cycles, did make me ovulate, no pregnancy. Then I did clomid with HCG trigger and IUI, also BFN. Repeating that again this cycle.

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#3 of 3 Old 01-28-2011, 06:24 PM

Congratulations!

I have PCOS and am overweight as well, so my ob put me on metformin to cause ovulation and a regular cycle. I conceived once, but it was a chemical pregnancy, sadly.  My progesterone levels were too low to cause implantation.

My ob then put me on Chlomid, with an HCG trigger, IUI and progesterone.  Sadly I heard yesterday that it didn't work (the 2 mature follicles didn't produce eggs which were fertilized).  So they did an endometrial biopsy today, in hopes of seeing whether I have LPD (a shortened window of implantation).  That is normally fixed by progesterone, which I was on, so maybe they'll get me another higher dose or different application if it turns out that I have LPD.

We're going to try another Chlomid/HCG/IUI cycle though, so hopefully this will be the charm. It really is a brand new world, and I find myself so challenged by all the new language and concepts.

I will be watching this thread, and hoping for lots of happy news for everyone.

Rachel (39) married to DH (47), expecting our first in November 2011 after 2+ years of trying!  Living happily with 2cat.gifs and a dog2.gif!
***4****8***1sttri.gif***16***20***24***28***32***36***4

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page