Clomid Questions- Please help! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-09-2011, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I've decided I'm going to take Clomid.  I am really concerned about getting twins (would prefer a singleton).  I'm going to take 50 mgs and I'm planning on taking it days 3-7.  I have a few questions:

Do you think taking it different days would lower my chance of twins? I looked through a bunch of fertility friend charts of women who took Clomid and it seemed like it resulted in the most pregnancies when taken on days 3-7.

I read somewhere that when you take it days 3-7 you have more number of smaller follicles, and if you take it on days 5-9 then you have a smaller number of larger follicles. 

Also, do you know if there are more boys or girls born from Clomid? I did some googling but couldn't really find anything.

J, mom to my baby girl born January 22, 2012!  babygirl.gif

#2 of 5 Old 02-09-2011, 04:43 PM

I  used clomid 150 mg days 3-7 and now have a beautiful baby girl. I was given 50mg to start but that didnt work. It took me 4 cycles to fall pregnant.

#3 of 5 Old 02-09-2011, 05:06 PM

I took 100 mg days 2-6 and had a singleton after two cycles. The next time around it didn't work at all.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#4 of 5 Old 02-09-2011, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Proud Mama- Thanks for your input! I appreciate it :)

lesliesara63- Sorry to hear that :( I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

J, mom to my baby girl born January 22, 2012!  babygirl.gif

#5 of 5 Old 02-11-2011, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)

Took clomid for 2 cycles and it didn't work (it really lightened my period too making me think it thinned my lining, plus I noticed less CM than normal).  My progesterone day 8po came back at 67...so my OB thought I ovulated more than 1 egg.  (basically I was an unexplained infertility case as dh's SA was basically normal - on the low end of normal).

I had a consult with an RE who recommended switching to Letrozole (Femera).  She said the twins risk is 4% (which is far less than clomid 10%) and the the side effects are fewer and it is eliminated from your body faster.  However, given that it's newer and there was a scare a few years ago about birth defects (which has since been disproven), many OB's are hesitant to prescribe it.  If you are really concerned about twins, maybe Letrozole is an option for you?  It's not that expensive either.  Ironically, I was on a "break" and preparing to start Letrozole next cycle...and lo and behold a BFP!  My progesterone was high on this so called natural cycle also.   

Good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page