Anyone get pregnant with a thin lining? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-21-2011, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone! Although every month, i tell myself I'm not going to stress out about it, I'm of course thinking about getting pregnant (or not pregnant, as the case may be). I'm in the midst of my 2ww (2 dpo-got my IUI 2 days ago) and just trying to keep sane. I keep reading that a lining of at least 8mm is best for pregnancy. When I got my trigger shot on day 10 (yes, it was early- i guess i responded really well to the clomid!) my lining was only 5.0mm. I don't know if i had a triple stripe because I didn't know to ask about it.

Anyway, I'm just curious about how many other women were able to get pregnant with a thin lining? Also, how did you ladies with thin lining increase it? I hear about aspirin and estrogen supplementation- my RE said no to the aspirin and never offered estrogen to me for whatever reason. Also, she wants to reduce the clomid dose to 50mg, instead of the 100mg i've been taking for the past two months. I know that femara may be better because it doesn't reduce the estrogen but I told her i would try her three months of clomid (I'm a little annoyed about the fact that she knew from the last time that my lining got thin but she didn't tell me to reduce the clomid dose then, wasting this round, in my mind!) I pay out of pocket so this is getting mighty expensive really quickly!

I'm taking prometrium vaginally this month so hopefully that helps, although progesterone doesn't typically thicken the lining. But i guess we'll see...I'm getting my beta test done Thursday, March 3rd. I feel like all I do now is wait, either for ovulation or for the 2ww to be over!!!

Thanks in advance!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 03-18-2011, 03:08 PM

Any update? I have a friend who did get pregnant with a thin lining and had a sticky bean.  Her doc said thin linings aren't much to worry about. ( I had been worried because I'm on clomid too)

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#3 of 8 Old 03-18-2011, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Hi bcblondie,
No luck for me last month and I'm faced with the same issue this month too. Thanks for the positive news though. I did hear that although lining is important, having the triple stripe pattern is as important, if not more.. I found out today that I do have a triple stripe so that makes me feel better but honestly, I feel like I'm not really going to experience luck this month either. My lining is about 5mm again and I was triggered this morning so I will get an IUI tomorrow morning.

I think that it is possible to get pregnant with thin lining but it is just harder and your chances are lower. My doctor FINALLY decided that if I don't get pregnant this month, she will supplement with estrogen. Of course, this is my third cycle and I've been asking for this for the last couple of months because of my constant thin lining so I am rather annoyed. If you get thin lining, I hope your doctor considers estrogen supplementation! Good luck!

love.gif

#4 of 8 Old 03-18-2011, 09:06 PM

Thank you. Yes doctors are so annoying like that! Well I'm glad you're finally getting on some estrogen. My doctor isn't even monitoring my lining or folicles or anythign! Realy I had to beg for progesterone tests.... I guess because this is Canada and the govnt pays for everything. so the less they have to pay for the better. But I HAVE conceived twice on clomid. One was my son, one was a miscarriage at 11 weeks. (so def not lining issues) so I'm hopeful that my lining is ok and that itll work again. :)

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#5 of 8 Old 03-19-2011, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter

Hi bcblondie. Yeah, it doesn't sound like you need to worry about the lining! I assume you weren't followed the other times you conceived either? If not, then I hope you are successful this time!

love.gif

#6 of 8 Old 03-19-2011, 10:58 AM

Nope not those times either. :) Thanks, I hope we're both over on the pg boards really soon.

#7 of 8 Old 03-24-2011, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcblondie View Post

Thank you. Yes doctors are so annoying like that! Well I'm glad you're finally getting on some estrogen. My doctor isn't even monitoring my lining or folicles or anythign! Realy I had to beg for progesterone tests.... I guess because this is Canada and the govnt pays for everything. so the less they have to pay for the better. But I HAVE conceived twice on clomid. One was my son, one was a miscarriage at 11 weeks. (so def not lining issues) so I'm hopeful that my lining is ok and that itll work again. :)

I wasn't monitored on clomid alone, but for clomid + IUI I was given tons of monitoring, and the monitoring is covered, even though the IUI itself is not. Although I know these things differ by province, I am in Ontario. I'm sure most of the reason you weren't monitored is just the doctors opinion, as blood tests will be covered if the doc says it is necessary.

As for the topic of the thread, I had similar 5 mm lining for my 2 IUIs, they were not successful. I am going to be switching to femara for IUI#3 in hopes of helping this. Lowering my dose of clomid did not help my lining. They said normally extra estrogen is given for that, but my estrogen was so high already that they could not do that.

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#8 of 8 Old 03-25-2011, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter

Good luck Kyamo!! I hope it works out for you!

love.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page