Anyone do IVF after a C-section? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-21-2011, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband and I did IVF due to male factor infertility. All the tests on me indicated no problems at all, and the IVF went perfectly- a textbook case, first try, two embryos transferred and both took. We were very, very lucky. Our twins were delivered via C-section. We had 3 embryos frozen, all very strong. Last fall they checked me out again and all looked perfect as before. In December we did a frozen embryo transfer that failed, and lost one embryo to the thaw. We transferred the last embryo this month and just got confirmation that it failed too. On both transfers, the RE had trouble getting the catheter past my C-section scar and commented that my scar was "pretty wild." I know there could be any number of reasons for the embryos not implanting (I'm now 38 years old, the embryos had chromosomal problems, not every embryo implants even under the best of circumstances, etc), but I can't help wondering if the scar is having some negative effect on these embryos implanting. Has anyone else done IVF after C-section, and was it successful or not? 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2011, 02:41 PM

I have not done IVF. Almost ready to make the jump.

I do know that scarring can interfere with a number of things fertility included. I would suggest you look for a Mayan Massage pracitioner they can usually help reduce or break up the scarring that might help with your next IVF if you decide to to another round.

femalesling.GIF Tiffany ClauWi Certified Baby Wearing Consultant, Educator and e-tailer femalesling.GIF

Old 03-03-2011, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

TiffanyToo, thanks for the suggestion. I was just reading about Mayan massage on the VBAC forum, and I am going to check it out! We still don't know if we will try again, but I want to be prepared if we do.

User Tag List