Does falling HCG always mean loss? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-25-2011, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello. We did a FET of 2 very healthy looking blasts. My wife has had pregnancy feelings and tested positive on a hpt or three. Her first hcg was 120. Two days later it was 89.5 The doctor wants us to continue doing the PIO shots and estrogen and come back for another beta next week. Is there any hope that they will rise again? Or a vanishing twin? Has anyone heard of HCG levels falling and there still being a viable pregnancy?

Me 40 eat.gif. Partner to mamacolleen 33 superhero.gif. DD born July 2009 blahblah.gif. Twin boys born Nov 2012.

We are a family that loves cold.giftreehugger.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#2 of 6 Old 02-27-2011, 07:34 AM

As you did transfer two there is a chance that two implanted and then one didn't make it, this could cause what would look like a drop...so yes, a vanishing twin is a possibility. If that is not the case then falling hcg at this stage would normally mean a loss..unless there was a lab error. Thinking very positive thoughts for you!

Me-46 DH-45 DS born June 2012 TTC#2  July 2008 angel3.gif19 weeks, April 2010 angel1.gif @11 weeks, Sept 2010 angel1.gif @ 7 weeks. Feb 2011 angel1.gifangel1.gif twins @11 weeks. bfinfant.gifcd.gif

#3 of 6 Old 02-27-2011, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you.

We are going back for another hcg test. Until then, we are holding out hope, because really, there is nothing to have but hope at this stage.

If it doesn't work out for us this time I hope that we can just keep trying until we can grow our family.

We have had a lot of fertility treatments and a lot of disappointment with many BFN's. We have had one other BFP, that one gave us our DD. This is our first experience with a BFP that isn't looking very positive.

But like i said. It isn't over til it's over and we are holding out for some hope of lab error or vanishing twin or something.

Me 40 eat.gif. Partner to mamacolleen 33 superhero.gif. DD born July 2009 blahblah.gif. Twin boys born Nov 2012.

We are a family that loves cold.giftreehugger.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#4 of 6 Old 03-18-2011, 03:04 PM

Any updates? I would definitely think it's possibly they both implanted but one couldn't  hang on. That would cause a temporary dip in HCG until the remaining embryo's  beta catches up to where it had been with 2, kwim?

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#5 of 6 Old 03-18-2011, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Unfortunately it was a loss. The doctor thinks that the embryos just were not viable for some reason. He feels optimistic for the next time.

At this point we feel pretty sad. But we are ready to start another cycle. It is just really hard to feel so positive about it, and then get a positive HPT and Beta test and then not have a viable pregnancy. We have had A LOT of BFN in the past, but the only other time we had a positive we got a child.

We are feeling optimistic that we will grow our family.

Thanks for asking.

#6 of 6 Old 03-18-2011, 05:02 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it's so frustrating when you try and try, and you finally get it, and then before you know it, it's gone. :( Hope we both get a sticky bean really soon.

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page