~~~~MARCH 2011 INFERTILITY ONE THREAD~~~~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 112 Old 03-17-2011, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Good for you, SimplyRochelle! I hope everything ends up working out! I find timing to be one of the most difficult things to handle in this TTC journey...Work has been so crazy that I haven't been able to get my endometrial biopsy done. And since timing is so important, it has been just way to difficult to fit it in!!

Julieven, I'm so sorry about what you had to go through. I hope that this time is successful and that it helps you heal from the pain of the past!!

Brichole, thank you for being the best moderator!! It's amazing having someone like you to talk to and the fact that you are so organized and really do respond to every post is heart warming!! I hope that when it's your time to start again that you can have luck quickly!

I think I'm in the minority in that I never had any side effects from the clomid. Perhaps a little minor nausea but really, that could have been anything. I'm really frustrated with clomid though because of what it does to my lining!! Oh, my RE wanted to trigger today but my DH and I decided to push back a little now... I'll go in tomorrow to get triggered...at least this way, my lining had an extra day or 2 to grow a bit. I know that starting out with a 4mm on Wednesday means that it'll still be too thin on Friday but I'll take what I can get.

My DH and I also made an appt with a new RE and we're fairly excited about the prospect...I know it sounds horrible to be so down about my chances this month but I just feel like my lining is way too thin for me to successfully conceive. We're still going through the IUI on Sat probably but still...I hope that this new RE will be more open to my questions. You know what really annoys me? Whenever I ask my current RE about something, she answers yes or no. Abrupt, with no explanation. Ummm hello, how about an explanation about why it's a no. Why can't I get estrogen or ANYTHING to help build my lining???! So hopefully, the new RE will be better about it. haha I'm a little sad though because my current RE is so convenient and also female. The new RE, which my DH found, is male. I haven't gone to a male doctor since I was a young girl!!

Jenger, by the way, I absolutely understand about not being followed. Honestly, I feel like my DH and I would have had the same amount of luck (and that's not much!) if we were not followed too. I mean, we spend about $1200 a round and really, I sometimes wonder if I didn't induce every month so early, maybe my lining would have been able to build up by the time I naturally would have ovulated and we might have had more luck getting pregnant. Also, at each visit, the doctor charges for a visit plus a sonogram so I'm really trying to cut down on the number of visits. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent!!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 112 Old 03-17-2011, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

SimplyRochelle: I'm soooooo happy you went ahead and took the clomid and I PRAY that the emotional stuff stays away from you!!! I also hope that your O holds off long enough for you and DH to at least TRY to enjoy your BDing!!! LOL (trying to fit it in in a tiny car is never fun lol...but what a story later in life ha)  

renavoo: Thank you so much for the kind words!!! :)  I do my best to listen to what everyone has to say and even if I don't have the answer to a question i want each of you to know that i'm here for you for support and I think that's the important thing because support is something i had a hard time finding from people IRL!!!!  I hope that your lining is nice and thick next time you go in!!!  That would be wonderful!  I also hope that if this cycle doesn't work out then the new RE will be able to give you better answers. Nothing turns me off more than a doctor who can't take the time to explain anything to you or at least have their nurse explain it to where you'll understand it!!!  My RE was male and I LOVED him.  I know that i'm probably one of the only people who see things the way I see them but i feel like men are more open than women because in my area the female doctors seem to think they know it all with the "i've been there done that and i had no problems attitude" and let me tell ya...i can't STAND people who are like that!  If you've never had to worry about how long it's taking you to get pregnant then you'll NEVER understand what the women who do have a hard time go through!!!  My sister in laws NEVER have had problems getting pregnant and that's one thing that use to bother me all of the time was the fact that from the day that we got married (though we started TTC a few months before we got married) they were asking us when we were going to have a baby...and at first it didn't bother me so bad...but as the months turned into years it started bothering me...REALLY BAD and I started refusing to go around people who were just going to hound us about the issue instead of being understanding that we were having to go through what we were having to go through.  Then we had NO support from his family and half of my family when we started going to our RE and taking treatments.  Everyone was soooooo worried that we would end up like Kate and Jon or the Octo-mom and that's not even the case. Yes, multiples was a possibility, but my doctor wouldn't let us trigger the months i was over stimulated and told us very specifically NOT to DTD for at least 2 weeks after they started rupturing...they also kept me under close observation with u/s and b/w during those times (well all the time actually...i was afraid i wouldn't have any blood left by the end of it lol)   I really really wish that EVERY woman here could have the kind of insurance that I have and have a RE office like mine.  We only had to pay a $300 "escrow" at the very first appointment and after that I NEVER had to pay a co-pay and i was going like 2 to 3 times a week most weeks.  I was having b/w and u/s done every time i went in too. (i got REALLY familiar with THE WAND lol ha i guess you gotta keep humor when things always seem so BLAH!!!)  Then my medications were only $45 for each scrip. so i think TOTAL i only paid $300 for medication...and i still have like 2 or 3 boxes of menopur at the house!!!  It would be nice if every state would see IF as a TRUE medical problem and cover more of the stuff that goes with it.  I think that every couple deserves to have a child if they truely want one and want the responsiblity that comes with children!!!  ANYWAYS, i'll get off my high horse now lol.  I hope that you ladies are having a good day.  I'm at work 3 hours early because i'm nice and let one of my guy friends go home because he's sick as a dog and our sup. wouldn't get him off!! (for the 3rd day in a row!!!  though she's taken off 2 days and left early 3 days in the past week because she's "sick" though she can still spend time with her friends kids because she CHOSE not to have children...and it makes me mad that she does that when i do have 2 kids at home whom i'm NOT getting to see and my 3 1/2 month old is starting to distance herself from me because i'm not there and that hurts my heart!!! ) 

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#63 of 112 Old 03-17-2011, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

jenger:  I just had to post again to say thank you for sharing your blog with us!!! It's inspiring and really helps tell feelings that some people might be afraid to share.  (Granted with me DH tells me i need to stop sharing so much...but if i don't share i keep it bottled up and then eventually i explode and cry for hours on end!!!!)  Thank you again it was very touching and i hope that your journy to #2 is over with soon!!!!  I understand it taking a while for #2 and i sometimes think that Secondary IF is just as hard if not harder to deal with that primary IF.  I'm not saying  that women with primary IF don't suffer...because i see it every day in here and i feel for them.  but i don't know how they feel personally.  To know that I got pregnant with #1 while on BCPs almost makes me sick especially seeing how so many women here are suffering to even get pregnant with their first child!!!!  But to turn around and it take a total of 5 years to get pregnant after my first child was born and i started trying again when she was 2 it's hard to understand WHY!!!  To top it off i was only 21 when i started TTC again and it took me until i was 26 to FINALLY get pregnant again.  I know some women have to suffer longer than that...and my heart goes out to them.  I think i'm just rambling now...but i seem to still have so much built up inside of me from when I was on my TTC journy for #2 and I PRAY that my journy for #3 isn't as long as the last...though looking at my chart right now (granted i know my hours are all screwed up right now) if i don't get back on my daytime schedule it will take us another 5 years to get pregnant with our next child.

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#64 of 112 Old 03-17-2011, 07:24 PM

Drive by posting real quick b/c I'm dead tired right now and need to go to bed.  Good luck to all and baby dust to everyone..dust.gif

AFM & Brichole - my U/S was today and all went well.  I started a really low dose of Gonal F this evening for our FET cycle that we are doing probably at the end of this month.  Next U/S is next Wed.  We will see.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#65 of 112 Old 03-17-2011, 11:48 PM

Hi everybody....I was really busy recently like most of you...I am happy for all of you who had to make hard decisions but dare to step one more little step towards the miracle we all hopping for...

I started testing on Wed, to bad still no luck,,,what if my body won't react to 100mg now even it did last month,,,scary,,,,and then I asked them why I can't try triger but they say am Ok with my LH,,but then again why I am on clomid if am ovulating on my own most of my cycles. And then I didn;t w 50mg clomid (last year I tried clomid 50mg: ovulated 1st cycle, didn't 2nd, got 100mg ovulated 1st with 100mg and then didn't 2nd with 100mg)...I feel lost,,,

Am working a lot of OT too, so I understand all of you who can't go to bed with DH and just enjoy homework,,,I get home at 11pm (and sometimes have to get up at 5:25AM), my DH 2am...thats why those 2 years of trying is so difficult,,,

Good luck to all of you,,,lucking forward to hear good news!

,,,it was worth to wait for two years,,,
#66 of 112 Old 03-18-2011, 07:40 PM

Brichiole, thank you for being so open...I love listening to other people's experiences because it makes me feel like I'm not so alone. And by the way, I hate people who are not team players. I can't believe that your supervisor is so mean! I You're so great to have helped your friend though, especially considering your own schedule!

My lining is thin still. A bit above 5mm so I'm not feeling very confident. But the good news is that my doctor said that I have a triple stripe pattern which is a good thing. You know what annoys me? NOW, my RE says that if I don't get pregnant this round, she will give me estrogen next round. After two months of asking, FINALLY, she is stepping up to the plate. DH is too annoyed with her now though so we are still going to the other RE to see how that goes.

I was triggered today and I will get an IUI tomorrow. I have 2-3 follicles so that is good. I seem to be hyper reactive to Clomid because i got these results even on only the 50mg dose. Lega, I hope you get a positive soon! Haha I liked that we were on the same schedule. Don't get down. It will happen! We just have to be positive. I think if I say that enough, I will believe it myself. ;o)

Good luck Blueyezz!! I hope everything progresses as well as it has been! Hugs and baby dust to everyone!

love.gif

#67 of 112 Old 03-18-2011, 07:49 PM

Hi. I am brand new at this, and trying to find my way through all of the info that comes along with using a donor. I have a girlfriend of 7 years and I am 33, so we are going to finally try to do IUI. Im very nervous because I have polycistic syndrome (PCOS), and I have a brain tumor also which is a pituitary adenoma. ( I have had it ...for 10 yrs-maintained with meds, however it makes my body already think it's pregnant since it sits on the pituitary gland.) I also am borderline pre diabetic, with high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. But I am more motivated than you can ever imagine, and there is nothing I have wanted more than to have a baby of my own. I recently quit smoking, started a very strict diabetic diet, and exercising almost daily. I hope this works!  
#68 of 112 Old 03-18-2011, 08:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hiya Ladies-

Hope things are well with you all.

Thanks for liking my blog, ladies.  It's been really personal, and dark... In the month I have had it, I have not told anyone until I posted it on this thread, fearing that it was too dark.  But I actually think it's OK, like you said Bricole, it's good to get the really raw stuff out. 

I wrote a new post today for our friends - people who wanna talk with us about it, but don't know what to say.  Feel free to give me some more to add to it.

Rochelle - How's the clomid treating you?  (wait, I think you said you were on a road trip...) I was fine with 50mg, a mess, a complete mess on 100mg.  (And I am doing fine on 5mg of femara/letrozole!)

renavoo - so sorry about your lining, and your RE.  Good luck on your IUI tomorrow, lady.  I will be thinking of you.

bricole- I, like you, have thought a lot about primary vs. secondary IF.  And I have come to the conclusion that they both REALLY SUCK.  (Pretty astute, huh?) But really, one is not easier than the other. 

Good luck, blueyezz!!

AFM - Cd 10ish, high reading on monitor.  I think O will come early.  I am done with the letrozole/femara, and am doing a "natural cycle".  Tons of BD really soon.

Mama to Little Beedust.gif born April 2007 -

Expecting a new little one in Mid-October, after 3 1/2 years TTC

#69 of 112 Old 03-18-2011, 09:49 PM

Renavoo good luck to you,,,I will try do not stay behind a lot so maybe we could share our pregnancy problems later on ;)

#70 of 112 Old 03-19-2011, 04:46 AM

Hey Jenger, I really enjoy your blog. It's like it's speaking to what I feel too. I, too, feel like a failure sometimes and I've started avoiding situations where pregnant people are. I just found out that my other cousin's girlfriend is pregnant. So, that makes my two cousins and my SIL. Wonderful. Really makes me feel better. My DH has been wonderful and he's been so supportive but there are times that i still just kick myself. I'm 34 myself so I'm always thinking, "why didn't I start earlier?" Why didn't I stop taking birth control pills a few years ago? Why Why Why. It's my mantra now...

Oh well. I don't know what I would like people to say to me...honestly, I haven't told anyone about our troubles, except you ladies. This site is my salvation because I always feel better once I post something. However, no one in my group of friends and family know how difficult this is for me. One of my friends knows I am getting fertility treatments. Only once did I break down crying in front of someone (and I blame it a little on taking oral prometrium...that thing made me a mad woman! It's vaginal for me from now on!!). Otherwise, though, I kept/keep my feelings inside. That's why it feels so good to let it out on this site!

Jenger, good luck on your soon to be BD marathon! ;o) Hopefully, this will be the month!!

wtksblondie, Welcome!! I hope that you're successful. It seems like you're facing multiple potential issues but I always think that determination will win out. Have faith and definitely let us know how things proceed!

Lega, please tell your body to ovulate soon so we can be ovulation buddies. haha. grouphug.gif

Off to get my IUI! Here we go again!!

love.gif

#71 of 112 Old 03-19-2011, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

Blueyezz: G/L!!! Thinking about you all the time!!!

Lega: I don't wanna freak you out but I never was able to respond to Clomid.  My OB tried me on it from Jan to Oct of 09 with no luck.  Then was refered to the RE and it took from Nov 09 to March 10 to get pregnant with the help from my RE. I tell you this because I don't want you to be too hard on yourself if it doesn't work for you...it really isn't made to help everyone and my RE told me that there's usually a different "combo" for everyone...since our bodies are completely different. 

renavoo:  Thank you again :)  I just don't see the point in hiding how I feel...so i appreciate you and the other ladies for listening to my honesty and not totally getting ticked off at me.  I think that all of us who suffer from IF, whether we've been trying for months or years, primary vs secondary, it doesn't matter....We all suffer and shouldn't have to hide those feelings and I hope everyone here feels they can share their feelings and not feel judged. AND hugs!!! I know it's not easy watching everyone else getting pregnant around you when you're trying so hard to accomplish something that probably didn't take them very long to do!  I hope that your IUI went well today!!! Thinking baby thoughts and sending out sticky vibes!!!

wtksblondie104:  Welcome!! I pray that your stay here is short but enjoy the friendships you will make along the way!!! :)  Le me know what you'd like your blurb to say and I'll get your info added to the first page.  I hope you can find the support you are looking for here!

jenger:  I agree...neither primary nor secondary IF is easy.  Especially when you have to watch women around you getting pregnant at the drop of a hat!  MY brother and SIL could just THINK about having another child and they would be pregnant right before my brother's V!!!!  Which i'm shocked that it's even taken and held for the year in a half that it's been since he had the procedure done!!! Two of their 3 children were born during the 5 years that I was TTC.  The thing that made me feel worse was the fact that when their middle daughter was 9 months old is when they got pregnant with their son so their kids are only 18 months apart...and I'm kinda jealous because even their oldest and youngest don't have as many years between them as my 2 do!!! I'm so GREEN just thinkin about it lol.  I cried forever though when they got pregnant with their son....like weeks and weeks...and what hurt worse is they waited like 3 or 4 months before they even told me because they didn't want to "hurt my feelings" because they knew i wanted another baby.  That was just a bigger blow than if they'd told me the day she got pregnant!!!

ANYWAYS, I really need to get to work...just wanna say that I am thinking about all of you ladies!!!!  I have been getting on my soap box a lot lately lol. ha

#72 of 112 Old 03-19-2011, 01:33 PM

Renavoo I am telling that myself all day long :D

Brichole as I said, I tried Clomid before and it worked 50% of the times,,,I weight 130LB and will they put me on 150mg if 100mg wont work right now?? Am not worried, everything is like big mystery for me right now :) For some reason am thinking its not the question of procedures and treatments, its a question of time,,,I just have to be patient till that day will come.

You know what I didn't like the most - when last IUI didn't and people I know tried to say nice words to make me feel better,,,Its so annoying!!!

#73 of 112 Old 03-19-2011, 05:11 PM

Hey, I don't have much time but I did want to update what my Naturalpath said about natural ways to increase lining. I'll list them off since I'm a list maker ;)

1) Daily baby aspirin (81 mg).

2) Traditional Medicinals Tea are awesome. Try either the Organic Raspberry Leaf http://tinyurl.com/4vs7kvj or Female Toner http://tinyurl.com/4m29a4p. I'm going to finish my box of the Female Toner this cycle, then switch to just the raspberry lead tea.

3) Daily cardio exercise - blah.

4) I asked her about FertileCM http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GQSMOE and she said it won't interfere with fertility medication and its an interesting concept and to let her know what my experience is. I start Clo mid next cycle but started FertileCM yesterday to give it an extra month to work. I've read that people have really good experience with it! I'm not being monitored so I won't be able to give the mm of my lining, and I'm already have great amount of cervical fluid. I'll let you know if my cervical fluid changes or still stays good on my Clo mid cycle.

Write more later! And welcome to the newcomers!

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#74 of 112 Old 03-20-2011, 07:06 AM

hehe kaydove, I laughed out loud when I read your comment about daily cardio exercise. Blah is a good term. Ugh is my second term. No is my final answer. hahah thumb.gif

love.gif

#75 of 112 Old 03-20-2011, 08:11 AM

A very quick update post on me. I feel freaking amazing! I have been taking the Clomid at night, right before bed, and I have noticed that the later it gets the worse my headache gets, but I can deal with a semi-constant headache if it means I get to keep all this energy. I almost feel euphoric. We arrived in North Carolina late last night and I was up super early just ready, ready, ready to go! I am currently sitting a coffee shop that I found by wandering around town while everyone else is still asleep. I am so in love with this little town (Carrboro, NC). 

We didn't really think, oh yeah, we're going to be in the car when I possibly O since it's always so late in my cycle, not thinking about how Clomid would change that, so this baby may have to be conceived in the car in a state park somewhere along the way, but so be it.

I think I have a longer update in my blog, but yeah, feeling great and wondering if that means it's not working. I do feel hyper aware of my ovaries right now though so something is going on down there.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#76 of 112 Old 03-20-2011, 08:18 AM

Yeah Rochelle!  I' glad it feels great - A road trip baby would be great!

Kaydove and renavoo, I am a cardio queen... If I got to work out every day (I did, four and a half years ago, pre kiddo) I would be thrilled.  It makes me feel good... It hasen't gotten me pregnant, however.

I got to hold a 6 week old last night.  It was lovely and hard all at the same time.  She got pregnant accidentally (Well, she wanted, her husband didn't) after I had bee trying for a year.  A real marker for me.  And while I loved holding her, it hurt to know that I have been wanting this for so long, and have not gotten a baby.

#77 of 112 Old 03-20-2011, 10:56 PM

I saw Rapsberry leafs suplement,,,You think this would work? I can't take aspirin, it makes my nose bleed,,,,my blood is very thin,,,

I think Rochelle will have baby "hippy" style :)

Tomorrow I will schedulle ultrasound to find out whats going on,,,I feel 150mg of clomid is comming,,,

Today I broke down,,,in fact it was last night,,,I called out from work, today slept till 4pm, then went for a walk by the ocean, visit couple stores and rushed home thinking Desperate Housewifes is back on tonight,,,to bad it wasn't..Anyways, opened bottle of wine and just watched TV,,,DH come back from work and wasn't happy seing me with glass of wine but right now I feel like I don't care, just can't take it anymore,,,

#78 of 112 Old 03-21-2011, 07:36 PM

Hey everyone! I've really enjoyed reading through all the posts recently. Yay for venting and getting things off our chests that we otherwise wouldn't be able to IRL. smile.gif

I'm ready for my blurb to be updated, as DH and I returned to the dr today for our test results. I have PCOS, and apparently that is the culprit of us not being able to get PG. My dr has referred us to an OB for treatment and I'm just waiting to hear back from them as to when we can go in for our first appointment.

Weekend Wrap-Up
Name: Tantylynn
TTC #: 1
CD: 8
DPO (if applicable): N/A
Testing: N/A
Trying Since: May 2009
Plan for this Cycle: Keep up the charting (this is my first chart) and have some well-timed BD!
Link to Chart (if applicable): http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/tantylynn

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

#79 of 112 Old 03-21-2011, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

SQUEEE! I started spotting tonight at 7 DPO. Fingers crossed that this is a good sign.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#80 of 112 Old 03-22-2011, 11:45 AM

I'll squee with you Lydiah!!! Hope that it turns up with a BFP!!!!

:)

Jennifer, Wifey to Stevenwinky.gif, Mommy to Gwhistling.gif and Hfairy.gif. TTC for 5 years.
Praying for God to bless us again!

#81 of 112 Old 03-22-2011, 03:17 PM

Good luck Lydiah!!! Jenger, I'm so sorry that you felt down. It is hard because of course we love holding the babies but yeah, it just makes it that much harder that we can't have one. sniff. I just found out my other friend is pregnant. And no, they weren't trying...

Lega, I'm glad you took a mental health day!! And as for the wine, whatever. You need a break. I can't believe your DH is being so unreasonable. First of all, a glass of wine isn't going to hurt anyway, especially before ovulation. Clinical studies prove this. Second of all, it's not like HE has to give up anything...so darn it, if you want a glass of wine to relax, you should!! TTC is such a stressful time that it's good to be able to unwind. I too drink when I'm between cycles (not a lot but a glass or two of wine with dinner once or twice a week seems reasonable). My DH encourages me to because he realizes that it's hard to put everything aside as we try...for the first 6 months, I didn't drink at all, even during AF time but seriously, one day, I just fell off the wagon because I NEEDED to destress. So, next time you need to and he gives you that look, just tell him to relax and grab a drink with you orngbiggrin.gif

Tantylynn, welcome and good luck at the ob/gyn!

love.gif

#82 of 112 Old 03-22-2011, 08:52 PM

Hi everyone!

Had visit with my RE,,,not everything lost yet - I have folicule in one ovarie about 1,5cm,,,so continue testing till friday,,,Endo 0,77 so I guess clomid doesnt do any harm at that point.

Lygiah I will hope for the best!!!

Tantylyn once I was diagnosted with policistic ovaries too,,,after couple years them disapear and no I am under unexplained infertility unbrela,,,what symptoms do you have?

Renavoo how do you feel?

About that wine,,,its a constant problem in our home,,,I came from the culture where we drink a lot :) My DH doesn't (only rarely ocations),,,So now when we so into baby making thing and when I am taking meds, he kind of feels like he has serious reason to stop me :) Tonight am back on non alkoholic beer,,,

#83 of 112 Old 03-23-2011, 07:38 AM

Hi Lega, YAH! I hope that it works out. The little follicle is almost ready!

How does non alcoholic beer taste? I'm not really a beer drinker so I'll only drink wine or the occasional scotch, although I don't drink that anymore since TTC.

I'm doing ok. I am having ups and downs. I have no faith in this month; I had the IUI on Saturday and the sperm sample was really good apparently (160 million sperm and 88% motility) but then my DH started feeling sick so we weren't able to BD that night and the night after. I felt like I ovulated a little late too so I don't think any of the sperm were alive by the time I ovulated. Add in the thin endometrial lining and I'm thinking my chances of conceiving are fantastically low if at all existant. It seems like everyone around me is getting pregnant, even without trying, so it's frustrating. My coworker just bought in his baby today, who is so adorable and while I loved playing with her, I'm just getting even more depressed about having this unexplained fertility. Maybe I just missed my shot. Maybe I'm too old?

Oh well, hopefully I feel better soon. eyesroll.gif

DH and I are thinking that we should just go to IVF now...the RE we are with now wants to go through another clomid cycle with estrogen. We'll see what our new RE thinks!

love.gif

#84 of 112 Old 03-23-2011, 08:14 AM

Renavoo - How long is the expected life span of sperm post-IUI?  I know it can live 5+ days in healthy CM...I'm wondering if it doesn't live longer when you bypass the CM issue via IUI...Either way, don't lose hope.  It's so easy to be hard on ourselves and focus on the negative. 

Interesting story - a good friend of mine tried Clomid with no result, had an ultrasound and was told in January that she had no ovaries.  None.  The jerk RE wanted to stop all treatment, said "no use beating a dead horse."  Can you believe the nerve???? Anyway, she decided to get a 2nd opinion and went to a different RE, took shots to "blow up" her ovaries and see if they were there and guess what?!  She was pregnant the next cycle.  

Anyway, just wanted to check in and say I've been thinking about you all...no new news for me, still waiting for my Dr's appt next Tuesday to see what our course of action will be.  I've been trying to do some research on Clomid and Femara.   It seems like you hear a lot more about Clomid than Femara.  Is it standard to be put on estrogen with Clomid, or is it something that you need to request?  I'm wondering why Clomid seems to be prescribed more often when it sounds like Femara provides the same result without the side effects of thinning the lining and reducing CM.  So much to learn...

M, married to E and TTC #1.  Mama to spoiled dog2.gifdog2.gif(Luther and Phoebe) and a fat, happy cat.gif(Fischer). 

#85 of 112 Old 03-23-2011, 01:10 PM

Hi LuLuRoo (I love that handle!). Thanks for the encouraging words. According to my searches, the washed sperm usually live about 24 to 72 hours; however, they are only viable for around 12-24 hours, (possibly 36 hours) but generally, 24 hours is the outset. So yes, there is still hope but what with my lining being so thin, I'm not sure what my chances are.

I was curious about the Femara question as well! I mean, so many people said that they had no issues with Femara treatment so I wonder why it's second line therapy after clomid. I assume that it is probably because physicians are much more comfortable prescribing clomid-maybe it has been around for a longer time than Femara? As for estrogen, I think it varies with the physicians. From what I've seen, some doctors will prescribe estrogen once there is evidence that the clomid negatively affects the woman's lining (I think my RE should have prescribed it during the second month since my lining was so thin the first month...but she was hesitant and is only now admitting that I perhaps need estrogen so she said she will prescribe it for my 4th clomid cycle)

To me, her acquiescence is now too late so I am going to another RE. I've been asking my RE for some answer to the thin lining for the last 2 cycles...she hasn't addressed my concerns. Therefore, DH and I have agreed to go to someone else. We're spending massive amounts of money-the least someone can do is listen to my concerns and address them. I'm not saying she had to prescribe estrogen...I'm saying she should have given me a reason why she didn't prescribe estrogen!  I'm so happy your friend got a second opinion. It's so annoying how some of these physicians really just treat people so poorly. Ok rant over now :o)

Less than a week till your appointment! I hope the doctor gives you some good news!

love.gif

#86 of 112 Old 03-23-2011, 06:53 PM

renavoo- Clomis is WAAAAAAYYY older than femara... It has been in use since the 50's, for fertility.  And ovulation stimulation is an "off label" use for femara - not condoned by the manufacturer and others.  And I don't think it's been around for more than 10-15 years.  So, it makes sense some RE's are reluctant to try it.  Incidentally, mine chose it first...

AFM- 7 days straigt of hight readings, haven't o-ed yet! Arg!  And I thought femara would make me ovulate early - I am on track for a cd17 o.  Arg.

#87 of 112 Old 03-23-2011, 10:05 PM

Jeger, my re tried to tell me that I supposed to o early w clomid,,,I told him "No way, I don't think so,,,am ovulating on my own and am ovulating late",,he didn't believe, but I was right,,,I think most of RE goe by books and dont listens to the patiens,,,Most of us knows our bodies very well (its impossible not to know after such a long TTC),,,and we know books too :) am happy I found my obgyn - she listens and talks like human being, not like smb smart with bunch diplomas on the wall,,,

Renavoo how long your lutheal phase usualy is>? I think I will be one week behind you, so we will wait for yours BFP and then for mine :)

Beer is good, wine is nasty,,,look in the grocery stores and try,,,

#88 of 112 Old 03-23-2011, 10:25 PM

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by renavoo View Post

Tantylynn, welcome and good luck at the ob/gyn!

Wow Lega, I haven't heard of anyone having their PCOS just go away. Were you on any medications for it? My symptoms are: hormonal imbalance (greater than 2:1 ratio of LH:FSH), classic 'pearl string' of ovarian cysts, infertility, irregular periods, acne, and some heavier hair growth (it is fine blonde hair mostly, but still annoying). Haven't been tested for insulin resistance, and I'm not sure by looking at my blood results whether elevated androgen levels were tested. Apparently I fall into the "lean PCOS" category, I've never had issues with my weight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lega View Post
Tantylyn once I was diagnosted with policistic ovaries too,,,after couple years them disapear and no I am under unexplained infertility unbrela,,,what symptoms do you have?

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

#89 of 112 Old 03-24-2011, 02:24 AM - Thread Starter

Tantylynn:   I've got your blurb updated!!! I hope that you're able to get more answers once you meet with the OB. 

Renavoo: HUGS!!!

LuluRoo:  My RE told me that Clomid is usually just the "go to" drug that most GP or OB/GYN's use to treat infertility in women before refering then to a RE.  He refuses to put women on it and goes with other medications to assist with growing follicles...because essentially that's what the medications are there for.

I don't know if you ladies were reading on this thread when I posted what all I took and what cycle days that it took for me during my struggles with getting pregnant but i'm about to go on the hunt for that post so I can post it here for you ladies to read.  I was on Femera and Menopur (an injectable) for most of february and march last year...and I got to trigger at the end of the month...got pregnant yesterday a year ago!!! And got my BFP 10DPO (or 11 DP trigger)

Headed to look for that post!! Thinking about all of you ladies!!!

#90 of 112 Old 03-24-2011, 02:31 AM - Thread Starter

Okay...found my post!!! I just thought i'd share with you ladies!!!!
(CYCLE BEFORE THIS ONE ENDED IN OHSS SO IT WAS A BUST AND WE HAD TO WAIT FOR THIS CYCLE TO START BEFORE WE COULD TRY ANYTHING NEW)

CD1 ~ 02/18/10
CD2 ~ 02/19/10 ~ HAD B/W AND U/S ~ nurse said too many folicles left over from the OHSS cycle and would have to wait three weeks to be rechecked!!!
CD23~ 03/12/10 ~ HAD B/W AND U/S ~ 5mg Femera and 150IUs Menopur(injectable)
CD24~ 03/13/10 ~ 5mg Femera and 150IUs Menopur
CD25~ 03/14/10 ~ 5mg Femera and 150IUs Menopur
CD26~ 03/15/10 ~ 5mg Femera and 150IUs Menopur
CD27~ 03/16/10 ~ 5mg Femera and 150IUs Menopur
CD28~ 03/17/10 ~ 112IUs Menopur (HAD BREAK THRU BLEEDING)
CD29~ 03/18/10 ~ 112IUs Menopur
CD30~ 03/19/10 ~ B/W U/S ~ 2 follicles continue Menopur inj 112IUs (obstained from BDing)
CD31~ 03/20/10 ~ 112IUs Menopur (obstained from BDing)
CD32~ 03/21/10 ~ 112IUs Menopur (obstained from BDing)
CD33~ 03/22/10 ~ U/S and B/W ~ 4 follicles ready (3 on right 1 on left) injected 35IUs of Menopur and DTD
CD34~ 03/23/10 ~ Ovedrill trigger this AM
CD35~ 03/24/10 ~ DTD again
CD36~ 03/25/10 ~ testing to see when trigger shot is gone (around 1dpo)
CD37~ 03/26/10 ~ testing to see when trigger shot is gone (around 2dpo)
CD38~ 03/27/10 ~ testing to see when trigger shot is gone (around 3dpo)
CD39~ 03/28/10 ~ testing to see when trigger shot is gone (around 4dpo)
CD40~ 03/29/10 ~ Trigger shot is out of system ~ (around 5dpo)
CD41~ 03/30/10 ~ slightly light headed and emotional (around 6dpo)
CD42~ 03/31/10 ~ very tired and getting more light headed (around 7dpo)
CD43~ 04/01/10 ~ emotional wreck!!! And still very tired bb's hurt (about 8dpo)
CD44~ 04/02/10 ~ same as day before (around 9dpo)
CD45~ 04/03/10 ~ same as before can't handle spicy foods and VERY light headed while shopping for easter stuff.....took a FRER at 830 pm on around 10dpo and got a BFP!!!!
CD46~ 04/04/10 ~ Took another FRER and it's still positive at 11dpo and also got a "PREGNANT" on a CBE Digital!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page