~~~~MARCH 2011 INFERTILITY ONE THREAD~~~~ - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 112 Old 03-24-2011, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oooh Jenger and Brichole, good to have some insight into why doctors may prescribe clomid first! Thanks!! And thanks for the hugs, Brichole! :o) I'm feeling much better today. Darn hormones! ;o) Lega, my luteal phase is anywhere from 14-16 days. Before clomid, my luteal phase was about 12 days...with an occasional 10 dayer...after the first clomid cycle, it got up to 14 days and after the second cycle, it was 16 days. I'm curious what it will be this month? I love your optimism. If you and I get pregnant this month, let's drink a virtual alcohol free beer. Heck, even if we don't, let's drink that virtual beer. ;o) Today is 5dpo and I feel very few side effects. I get lightheaded but that's something I often feel. I think I just get up too quickly!

Brichole, thanks for posting your details! That was very informative. haha I'm now going to become a symptom seeker! I keep feeling that since I haven't felt anything yet, it probably means that nothing has happened. Inherently, I know that is illogical...after all, even if the egg was fertilized, I know that implantation probably hasn't occurred yet. So therefore, no HCG is being produced yet and therefore, I shouldnt be feeling any symptoms at all. But I feel like my level of hormones must be low since I used to get tender breasts/nipples from DPO 1. Interestingly, this has not happened since I've been taking clomid (at least after cycle 2!). Clomid has become my worst enemy!

Brichole, happy one year anniversary to getting the BFP! biggrinbounce.gif

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#92 of 112 Old 03-24-2011, 05:41 PM

Brichole and I tought mylife is complicated :) But it worth it!!!

Tantylynn I didn't have sindrome,,,I just had policistic ovaries with irregular cycles. But I got more and more regular and this year my ovaries look good.

Renavoo I was right!! I am going for my IUI tomorrow - found wonderful smile on my OT today :)

,,,it was worth to wait for two years,,,
#93 of 112 Old 03-25-2011, 07:48 AM

Brichole - thanks so much for posting! It is so helpful to see what has worked for others in the past.

Congrats on your "O", Lega, and good luck with your IUI!      

You hanging in there, Renavoo?  You're about 7 days post-IUI I think, so I'm sure the wait is getting to you... Keep your chin up!

Hope you all are having a great Friday.  Here in Minnesota it is cold but sunny.  My dad came over to fix a clogged bathtub drain last night (DH is helpless with that kind of thing) and saw TCOYF and the Conception Chronicles on my coffee table.  Oops!  He didn't say anything, but I guess he knows we're "trying". 

I go to my first acupuncture appointment tomorrow and am very excited.  A friend of mine went to the same acupuncturist for 3 months prior to getting pregnant to try to even out her cycle.  She has PCOS and had great success with the acupuncture and herbs.  She's now 23 wks pregnant and is continuing to see the acupuncturist once a month throughout the pregnancy. 

The more I read, the more I think I am going to see if my Dr. will put me on Femara as opposed to Clomid.  I think some Drs won't, because it's not approved for that use (is a breast cancer drug).  My insurance doesn't cover Clomid (it's fairly inexpensive anyway) but does cover Femara (although I'm not sure if it would if it were coded as being used for infertility)...I think I'm willing to chance it and hope that my insurance will cover the Femara...if they don't I think it's $150 or so per cycle.  Ugh. 

M, married to E and TTC #1.  Mama to spoiled dog2.gifdog2.gif(Luther and Phoebe) and a fat, happy cat.gif(Fischer). 

#94 of 112 Old 03-25-2011, 08:11 AM

YAH, Lega! Good luck with the IUI! let's keep our fingers crossed.

LuLuRoo, I'm hanging in there. haha barely. I'm just looking forward to the weekend because my DH and I are going to see family and maybe try to catch the orchid show in NYC. He's trying to cheer me up and he knows I love to take photos so he's looking for opportunities where I can go and do that! I think acupuncture is such a great idea! Too bad I'm afraid of needles! But let us know if it works for you! I think any bit counts so I have my fingers crossed for you too. As for Femara, I don't know if it would be covered but I think that it would be worth it, to be honest. For clomid, I have to pay $40/month so that's much cheaper but I feel like the stress of getting the news that I have really thin lining would be worth the extra money. Hey, I'm spending so much already! But I think DH is ready to just go on to IVF after this month. I'm going to take a month off and just let my body readjust and then we'll discuss next steps.

I still don't think I feel any symptoms. I get these weird twinges on my lower right abdomen but I'm not sure if that's just the way I'm sitting or what. I won't be testing until next thursday, though; that's when I'm scheduled for a beta test and it'll be 12dpo. So we'll see. I'll just continue to ride it out!

HAPPY FRIDAY, LADIES!! I hope everyone gets to relax a little!!

love.gif

#95 of 112 Old 03-26-2011, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter

Anytime ladies!!! :)  I enjoy getting to share my positive experience with fertility treatment...though my road to getting that BFP was a struggle!!! I probably wouldn't have made it through had I not had the friends I had here on the infertility one thread and on the One thread in TTC !!!!  

I hope that everyone is having a good week.  I know i've been MIA most of this week but I've fallen behind in my data entry for this month and it's coming up on the end of the month so I know i've gotta get that done so my supervisor doesn't have a stroke!!!

I don't know if i told you ladies about me and DH building a house but just in case here goes lol...WE'RE BUILDING A HOUSE!!! LOL  We drove by yesterday and they have all of the walls up on our 2 story 1635 sq ft house!!! It's not the biggest house ever but we are living out of MAYBE 900 sq ft right now so i'm really excited to get more room to work with!!! We should be closing at the end of May....so i'm UBER excited about it.  I am having to work all of this over time at work though to come up with our down payment (we only have to come up with 3.25% because we got a FHA loan) and i'm really feeling it right now.  I got called into work last night and had to be here at 11pm and i don't get off until 11am this morning!!! Then i actually have tonight off but i have to be back at 7pm Sunday...so this week i have a total of 20 hours OT.  Next week I FINALLY get 3 off days and with what I work extra next week i'll STILL have 40 hours so i'll get my full pay check plus 20 hrs OT on my next pay check!!! I ended up with 36 hours OT on my last check and it was nice.

Ok, sorry had to share my good news!! YAY

and Renavoo: thank you for the happy ann. of my BFP!!!! I really can't believe that it's been a year already.  It feels like just yesterday....and it took a LOT to make my DH believe that we really were pregnant!!! He was like "are you sure? How can you be sure?  what if it's still your trigger shot? That line looks really faint to me...could you be reading it wrong? "    LOL  My mom took me to the store and bought me a digi the afternoon of Easter and when we got back I took it and YUP it came up PREGNANT within like a minute or so.  I really really pray that by this Easter most if not ALL of you have your BFPs!!!!!  

Don't forget ladies i'll be starting the new thread for April next friday morning before I work off.  I won't be back around a computer until 1030pm Sunday night that weekend so i'm not ignoring anyone i promise....i just won't be near a computer to change anything or comment on what's going on next weekend until late!!!!

Sending out BABY VIBES and LOTS of REPRODUCTIVE THOUGHTS THIS WEEKEND!!!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#96 of 112 Old 03-26-2011, 10:01 AM

Brichole That is so interesting to see your BFP cycle all laid out like that. Thanks for posting! It looks like a ton of work, congrats again! Also congrats on fulfilling one of those 'lifelong dreams' of building a home. What an exciting time! The people I know who have built were out of there minds with stress at times, but they say it's ALL worth it when you move into that beautiful, built-just-for-you home thumb.gif

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

#97 of 112 Old 03-26-2011, 05:41 PM

Brichole - That is awesome that you will be moving into your new house before you know it!!  All that OT will pay off and you can finally relax in your new space.  I was looking over your list and I guess i was thinking that you did an IUI, but you just didn't meds and timed intercourse.  That is pretty cool.  Will you be doing the exact same protocol when you start trying again in Sept???

Renavoo -  When you said  "I get these weird twinges on my lower right abdomen" I thought, that sounds like a good sign!!!  I think I remember getting twinges when I got my 2nd to last BFP.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!  Wow, I can't believe that you have to pay $40 for like 5 days of Clomid.  I think when I was using it I got paid for it out of pocket and got it at like a Costco pharmacy and paid like $7 total.  When I used it the 100mg it really thinned my lining, but the 50mg was better.  Estrace does a great job thickening the lining.  I think the last time I used it my lining was like a 10 or 11 which is the best it has ever been.  Good luck to you and I have my fingers crossed for a BFP and a quick TWW.

Lulu - I hope you enjoy your acupuncture treatments.  I always find them relaxing.  I have started back to it too, but only once a week for a little while.  It can really add up.  I never took too many of the herbs b/c they seem to affect my stomach and just cost more money.  I sure hope it works for you!  Good luck!

Lega - how did your IUI go? How many follies did you have? When is your test?  Fingers crossed for you!!

Tantylynn - I was also Diagnosed with PCOS when I was in H.S. b/c of a blood test that they did every so many hrs and then like 2-3 yrs later I had the same test done with another RE and they said I didn't have it.  I had kinda irregular periods, inc. hair growth, acne... no cyst on my ovaries though that I can remember... oh and I think higher testosterone levels.  Who knows... but now I have unexplained infertility and who knows if I ever really had PCOS.  Never had any troubles with my weight either.  My RE at the time had me on BCPs and also a diabetes drug (forget the name of it but you take it by mouth Metaformin (sp?) maybe?).

AFM - sorry I have been a little out of the loop here.  I spend most of my time over on the Spring IVF area since that is what we are doing (well a FET actually this time).  Anyways, we trigger tonight and have our transfer set up for Wed morning.  My fingers are crossed b/c I kinda feel like this is our last shot at having our own child.  The whole thing kinda scares me b/c if we don't get a BFP this time I don't know if we will give up all together or what.  I don't even want to think about it right now.  I guess we will cross that bridge when we get to it.  Good luck to you all and I will be lurking for sure!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#98 of 112 Old 03-27-2011, 05:15 PM

Blueyezz That's crazy! I guess I shouldn't be so surprised that doctors get it wrong sometimes, or perhaps you really did somehow get rid of it? Yeah, metformin is the drug you're talking about I think. I'm hoping that they'll start me out with that drug, I've read good stuff about it even from people who have PCOS without the weight issues. Do you remember if it helped any of your other symptoms (acne, hair growth, etc)?

AFM,

Weekend Wrap-Up
Name: tantylynn
TTC #: 1
CD: 14
DPO (if applicable): N/A
Testing: no...unless my OPKs I ordered will hurry up and arrive!
Trying Since: May 2009
Plan for this Cycle: First cycle charting (temps & CM), pre-natal vitamins, and when it arrives in the post - Maca Root
Link to Chart (if applicable): http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/tantylynn
Thoughts: I don't know how far from O I am, but my cycles are generally really long..so probably a fair way off still. My chart probably isn't very reliable this cycle because I'm fairly certain my thermometer is a dud. Still waiting on the BBT to arrive in the mail! I wonder if the post-people realise how much of my TTC journey they have in their hands at the moment!? LOL

Good luck to everyone in the 2WW!!

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

#99 of 112 Old 03-27-2011, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I tested yesterday at 12 DPO with a FRER and it was negative. I am 13 DPO today and I am sure AF will come tomorrow. My cervix feels slightly open like before AF comes. Oh well. We are taking a month off so we dont have a xmas baby and so I can take a road trip with my brother and not be pregnant. I welcome a TTC break actually.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#100 of 112 Old 03-27-2011, 07:28 PM

Hi Ladies,

Blueyezz, i just want to say to keep your hopes up! Hopefully, you get your BFP this month. Good luck!! Please let us know how Wednesday goes. I hope it is as smooth as possible.

Lydiah I'm sorry about this month! redface.gif( my DH and I also decided to take this month off if the tests are negative. I think we always need a break from all of this stress!

Brichole, that really is so exciting!! And take it from someone who lives in a 650sq ft apartment; more space is always nice! smile.gif yaaah! Hey, maybe you can post photos of your house once it is done! Nothing like a brand new house to make working massive overtime worth it!

Today is 8dpo for me. Still nothing really clear in terms of symptoms, although Blueyezz, you're giving me hope. Haha. My lower right side still is a little tight. I don't know how to describe it. I went from tiny twinges and a little pain a few days ago to soreness yesterday to some tightness that feels better when I stretch it out a little. A part of me is therefore convinced that I must just have worked out wrong but it feels different from my usual muscle pain that I get from working out! Well, I'm trying to hold out from testing until my beta on Thursday, which would be 12dpo but who knows if I will be able to hold out! I'm still not optimistic but hey, like we say, we aren't out until AF shows her face!

Hope everyone has a wonderful start of the week!

love.gif

#101 of 112 Old 03-27-2011, 08:32 PM

Hi everyone,,,

OMG I am so bloated!!! Was going to put dress on tmr, but I already look like 4m preg and tights on my waist looks ugly cause they aren't tall enough to press all that bump in its smr half way :(

My blood test is on April 11th, I had only one flc,,,

Renavoo we won't give up till the end really will come, right?

Lydiah we here and ready to start fresh cycle with you when you will be ready,,,For some reason I started to believe that the less you try, the bigger are chances for BFP,,,

#102 of 112 Old 03-28-2011, 01:42 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you ladies!!! I'm UBER excited about the build!!!!  They got our roof put on yesterday afternoon which was great timing because it started raining about 5 hours after they finished!!!! 

Blueyezz:   I just want you to know that I'm praying SOOOOOOOO hard for you this cycle (i pray every cycle you guys do something, but this cycle i feel especially drawn to you!!!)  DH doesn't want me to go through the IF treatments this time so we are going to do exercise, diet, and temping when september gets here to see if any of that helps.  If we aren't able to do it on our own...then he doesn't want another baby.  He says that he HATED to see me put my body thru what I put it thru to have a baby last time...and he really didn't like the cycle where i ended up with OHSS....

I'm ready to get September here...and there is a part of me that is ok with just trying on our own and then there is a part of me that wants nothing to do with trying on our own because i don't want the hardship of dealing with going to the OB for 6 months again before being refered the the RE again.  They still see my age as being "young enough" to wait 6 months or longer of trying before sending me off to the RE for treatment.  It really bothers me that they do that too.  Why not send me to the RE when we start trying...do my b/w and my u/s and see where we are when we start trying...then we can decide what we need to do or if we even need to do anything.  Working all of these late hours has had me thinking a LOT!!!! It's really annoying...i want to not be thinking again lol.

I will TOTALLY post pictures once the house is done.  DH is at the building site EVERYDAY taking pictures of the house and the progress that is going on.  I know that the outside of the house is going to go up much faster than the inside of the house will but it's okay...gives me a longer time to get the down payment together!!!! I only have to make another $1600 and it will be done!!! That would be a lot easier done if i didn't still have bills to pay right now lol.  OH WELL, the over time is working out for me and as long as DH and I keep it up like we are right now...we'll have the money long before we close at the end of may or first of June!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#103 of 112 Old 03-28-2011, 07:45 AM

Lega, I'm sure you look better than you think you do! When we're bloated, I think we notice it a heck of a lot more than other people do. I feel massively bloated too so my clothing isn't fitting as well as I want it to be. Hmmm or maybe it's because of the nachos I ate. haha. Remember, we're getting our BFPs this month, one week apart! ;o)

I also think that when we finally stop trying, we're probably at a greater chance of conceiving. It's so funny because even though I think that, I just have such a difficult time turning my mind of TTC! I think the next month, I'll be ok with doing that, though, because I want to recover from my clomid cycles. Hopefully, with that month's rest, my lining will become healthier, allowing me to move forward with whatever treatments my new RE wants to give me.

Brichole, do you need a referral to an RE? Is there a way you can find an RE who also practices as a Gyn? My current RE has been my gynecologist for the last 8 years. It was an easy transition to see her for my infertility problems. However, I'm now going to be forced to find another gynecologist to take care of my annual issues, probably, because she's not going to be happy that I want to go get my infertility stuff taken care of by another RE! Good luck with getting your next $1600!!

love.gif

#104 of 112 Old 03-28-2011, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

renavoo:  There is only 1 RE in north Alabama and he's rather close to where i live and work.  Only like 40 minutes from where I live right now and will only be 20 minutes or so from where i'm moving to.  I have to have a referal to see him because he is so busy since he's the only one around here.  I don't have the money right now to travel any further to see someone else right now.  Maybe i can look into finding one in south alabama or in Tennessee or Georgia come September.  I just want to know what our options will be this next go round.   I hope that your GYN/RE will be more open with you going somewhere else if that's what you feel like you need to do.  I'm sure she would understand.  Though some times they don't.  Always know that we support whatever choice you make !!!  :) 

I hope that everyone had a VERY REPRODUCTIVE week!!! Tomorrow night i'll be off work so I won't be back around a computer until Wednesday night at 11 and even then it will be limited because i'll have to finish up my data entry for the month and i'll be working with my supervisor so we'll see how that all goes!!! She usually only works day shift so it's going to be different having to work with her Wednesday night!!!

#105 of 112 Old 03-28-2011, 07:45 PM

Hi ladies,,,

I had a lot of water last night so this morning I felt much more better,,,water is such a powerful thing!

Renavoo how your lining will rest after BFP? :P

Brichole its so exiting to move to your own house,,,its my dream,,,anytime I pass by places I don't know am looking around and thinking how I would like my house look like,,,Now I will try to make little garden on my apartament deck,,,I was so exited when we moved in to this place cause we finaly have place to sit outside!

My BT is kind of low this month,,,dont know why,,

#106 of 112 Old 03-29-2011, 05:48 AM

Hey Brichole, I hope you enjoyed your day off!! You definitely deserved it!

Lega, I hope you're not as bloated today! I started to get bloated last night and I had a few cramps so I guess something is happening ;o) It would be great if I didn't have to give my lining a rest because of a BFP ;o) But we shall see. Today is 10dpo and I'm trying to talk myself out of testing tomorrow because the beta is taking place on Thursday! We'll see how my will power holds out!

How much lower is your BT? If it's just a little lower, it could just be a monthly variation. I wouldn't worry about it. And also, maybe it's take a little while to ascend. Mine always takes a few days.

love.gif

#107 of 112 Old 03-29-2011, 09:36 PM

I'm pretty sure I ovulated yesterday! I had some really intense O pains yesterday and I felt so bloated. At times, just walking hard during clinicals was causing me to grimace with pain. I think we definitely fit in enough BDing and I feel like I ovulated from both ovaries so I might actually be a little hopeful this month. That's my favorite part of the first part of the tww is that you can still feel reserved but hopeful. And now onto the pile of homework I put off until the last minute.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#108 of 112 Old 03-30-2011, 11:20 AM

Yah, Simply Rochelle! Good luck in the 2ww!!

love.gif

#109 of 112 Old 03-30-2011, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter

SimplyRochelle:  YAY!!! G/L in your TTW!!!  I really hope that you did O from both sides and hey twins aren't so bad from what my mom tells me ; )

#110 of 112 Old 03-31-2011, 10:39 AM

I haven't checked in lately but I've been following along and thinking about you guys!  I'm heading to SC today for a long weekend, so probably won't be back on here until Monday.  Hope you all have a great weekend!  I'm just plodding along with my Provera, waiting for AF so I can start Clomid!

M, married to E and TTC #1.  Mama to spoiled dog2.gifdog2.gif(Luther and Phoebe) and a fat, happy cat.gif(Fischer). 

#111 of 112 Old 04-01-2011, 02:05 AM - Thread Starter

Have a great trip Marissa!! We'll be in the new April 2011 thread when you get back :)  I won't be back in the office to use the computer until sunday night so after i start the new thread I won't be able to update anything until then.  I'm finally getting some much needed time off before another big round of OT!!!!

#112 of 112 Old 04-01-2011, 02:12 AM - Thread Starter

new thread is up!!!!  come join us!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page