Has anyone ever heard of this happening? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-11-2011, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My infertility is the result of a car accident.  Scar tissue ended up occluding my fallopian tubes.  To have DD#1, we went through two fresh IVF cycles and an FET, back-to-back-to-back.  Started end of a November, pregnant early March.  What I'm wanting to know, what I'm hoping, is that being pregnant and going through an entire pregnancy can somehow shift or break up the tissue.  Has anyone ever heard of this happening, or do we need to go through IVF again?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2011, 02:18 AM

I'm sorry I haven't heard of scarring from trauma/accident, but my fallopian tubes were blocked with scar tissue of unknown origin (not endometriosis), part of why we had to do IVF to conceive DS. 

I had to have a c-section and the scar tissue was gone when my doctor "delivered" my son. So maybe pregnancy does eliminate scar tissue?

It is worth asking about or having another HSG. 

Good luck!

familybed1.gif SAHM, mother to Hunter a happy, sensitive, determined boy born March 28 2010,bftoddler.gif, IVF miracle family, selectivevax.gif, Fibrowarrior, slingboy.gif, goorganic.jpg
Old 03-12-2011, 02:29 AM

I'm sorry I haven't heard of scarring from trauma/accident, but my fallopian tubes were blocked with scar tissue of unknown origin (not endometriosis), part of why we had to do IVF to conceive DS. 

I had to have a c-section and the scar tissue was gone when my doctor "delivered" my son. So maybe pregnancy does eliminate scar tissue?

It is worth asking about or having another HSG. 

Good luck!

familybed1.gif SAHM, mother to Hunter a happy, sensitive, determined boy born March 28 2010,bftoddler.gif, IVF miracle family, selectivevax.gif, Fibrowarrior, slingboy.gif, goorganic.jpg

User Tag List