Spring IVF - Come and join the journey! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 787 Old 03-19-2011, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

primi- thinking about you and hoping your transfer goes well on the 22nd! 

missme- oh i hope that it does mean that you will get a BFP!!!!! I will be praying for you through this next week until your beta!!

AFM- My ET went well we transfered what  the dr called 1 perfect 4 cell 2 day embryo and one great 4 cell embryo.  he gave us pics of them which was really cool!!  3 made it to freeze so 2 didnt make it over night but Im happy to have 3!  just enough for one FET.  my Betas are on the 30th and first and i am happy because if it is a BFN I have a whole week of spring break starting the 2nd of april to not go to work!!  LOTS OF BABY DUST TO ALL!!

BACK TO BED FOR ME!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 787 Old 03-19-2011, 07:30 PM

Lyndi - Great news!!!  Sending you sticky vibes!!!!goodvibes.gif Are you on bedrest at all or just told to take it easy???  Keep us posted! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Missme -  I feel weird saying it, but "Yeah" for more OHSS symptoms... I'd say that is a good sign that they came back!!!  Never thought I'd be saying that though! LOL  Keep us posted.  Fingers crossed for you too!!!

Jenger - you are a very talented writer!!  Thanks for sharing!!  Lurk away!!!

Keria - I'd say if your Drs aren't worried about it, then I wouldn't worry either!!!  If they thought it was an issue they would have canceled your IUI.  I know the feeling though b/c there was one cycle when we were doing IUI's that I felt like I hadn't stimmed enough days, but I don't think that every cycle will be the same. 

Kewpie - How long has DH been on Clomid??

AFM - went to one of my friend's little girls 1 yr B-day party today and got to hold a ton of babies!!! Just trying to soak it all up.   Kinda the story of my life... going to other people's kids B-day parties!!!    Not much else going on here.  My little shot every night just seem so simple compared to my fresh IVF cycle.  Sure hope this coming week goes by fast.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#63 of 787 Old 03-20-2011, 09:43 AM

Hi..

So I'm trying to learn about everyone and where they are and what they are doing.  Is this not crazy?  I mean, there is so much involved and it seems so exciting.  

Belly - I hope you are feeling better and better.  You certainly have such the nicest things to say to everyone else... I hope your feeling the support you deserve too.

Lindy - I am so excited for you!!  That is great about the embryos and having even more that lived to be frozen.  I'm sending you the sticky vibes (and my actual prayers too).

Missme - thanks for the welcome and how exciting!!  I can see how IVF and such can be a little more exciting because we have to do so much more to get there.  Oh my fingers are crossed and my prayers are with you too. OHSS?  Will someone help me with this one?

Keria - My doctor seems to have a different protocol for everyone he treats.  SO I think that if he's not concerned you can rest easy too. (but ummm.. that's easier to say than do..)  GOOD LUCK!  

Blueyezz - So the FET cycle is easier (shot wise) since you already have the eggs?  Did you freeze some?  I think I missed part of your journey by being new, so please forgive my ignorance.  

Kewpie - Thanks for letting me know that you and your DH had ICSI.  WOW!  I cannot believe we have technology like this.  Maybe my DH needs some Clomid.  My DH feels like this is all his fault and I think that is so ridiculous.  It's not his fault - this is nobody's fault.. it's just what it is.  I'm not sure how to convince him of this.  

Primi - super cool.. just a few more days!  

AFM:  Tonight I start stimulation.  Menopure and Follistem.  What is this about white chalky paste???????  I have no idea what to expect now.  Plus, I'm a tax accountant in the midst of the busiest time of the year.  I hope I don't have some horrible melt down or something at work... the Lupron didn't seem to make me more "loopy" but that may be because I am naturally loopy?! LOL.  When I went to the doctor on Friday, I did not have that saline test.. my lining hadn't gotten thin enough.  The nurse said that was ok, I had only gotten my period on Tuesday, but I haven't really had a flow since Friday (a little spotting yesterday).  I am concerned about this, because what if I don't get rid of the lining?  

Thanks for letting me join you guys.  I can't wait to celebrate BFP's with all of you!!  

OH and SERIOUS JAW DROP jaw.gif and yikes2.gif to those comments.  I haven't had anything that bad.. just the ladies at my work constantly telling me "not to wait too long".. 

Married to DH since 7/08 - TTC since 8/09
#64 of 787 Old 03-20-2011, 11:29 AM

IUI went great today, I only had one big follie but it was rupturing at the time of IUI the cahteter went to where it needed to go. So for now I'm hopeful

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#65 of 787 Old 03-20-2011, 11:59 AM

Lyndiramos - so glad your transfer went well and that you have some embryos in the freezer. Hopefully you'll get a baby from this cycle, and those totsicles can be little brother(s)/sister(s)!!!

Blue - Hurray for little girls' birthday parties. It sounds fun! I never get sad with actual litle people in my arms...I just love 'em up! Sounds like you're the same?

Taxlady - I love your questions! It's fun to have someone new!

OHSS is Ovarian HyperStimulation Syndrome. It's when your ovaries are overstimulated and after the HCG trigger shot (that you do 36 hours before egg retrieval to mature your eggs) start to leak fluid in your abdomen, so you get bloated and dehydrated, and short of breath, etc. About 10 % of women undergoing an IVF cycle develop it, and it tends to occur in women who had lots of follicles and high estradiol levels. It shows up a few days after the trigger shot and sometimes comes back if you get pregnant, because HCG is the hormone that the embryo produces after it implants. My estradiol was super high and I had lots of follicles, so I was at rish and did develop some mild symptoms before my Embryp Transfer. The fact that my symptoms have come back is good news because it may mean that I'm pregnant!!!

The chalky paste - After your egg retrieval you have to take progesterone supplements to support your uterine lining until pregnancy has a chance to occur. They come in three forms: an oral supplement, a vaginal suppository, or painful (I've heard!!!) shots. The suppositories are kinda gucky and the paste leaks out a bit (at least for me!!!), but I'm glad to NOT doing the shots!

Anymore questions? I feel like I'm on a roll!!!

AFM - I talked to the nurses at the clinic and I've got to go get assessed again tomorrow morning for OHSS. My Vice Principal is gonna hate me - last week was March Break, and I was away most of the week before for my ER, so my classroom is probably an unholy disaster, and the kids will likely be bananas after a week of no structure. Also, my grade 7 girls are really in tune with my menstrual cycle - I rub my belly for a second and they're like, "You've got cramps, huh, Madame?", so I don't know how I'm gonna hide my giant bloated belly from them. They're gonna know something's up. Yikes!

single mama, started TTC Jan 2009, 12 IUIs w/frozen sperm, 3 self-insem w/fresh sperm; IVF cycle March 2011 gave me my beautiful daughter who is now 2 yrs old!!! Trying to make her a baby sibling from my frosties, 2 natural cycle FETs=bfn, on a medicated FET cycle now.
#66 of 787 Old 03-20-2011, 12:03 PM

Keria - great news! I've got everything crossed for you! Do you have a date for your beta? xoxo

single mama, started TTC Jan 2009, 12 IUIs w/frozen sperm, 3 self-insem w/fresh sperm; IVF cycle March 2011 gave me my beautiful daughter who is now 2 yrs old!!! Trying to make her a baby sibling from my frosties, 2 natural cycle FETs=bfn, on a medicated FET cycle now.
#67 of 787 Old 03-20-2011, 08:00 PM

Taxlady - No problem!  Love having questions.  Every practice does things differently.  My Dr. likes to have his patients on a very low dose of stimulating meds and wants me to get one or two good sized follies and then trigger just like you would for an fresh IVF or an IUI then I will have my frozen transfer.  We had 3 embries left over to freeze, so we will thaw all of them and then probably put 2 back in, but that is all still up in the air (the dr said he'd put 3 back in, but we are a little nervous about that, so we will see).  Good luck with your progress!  I was on Lupron and Follistim also for my fresh cycle, it's a good mix.  When is your U/S???  Keep us posted.

Keria - Yeah!!!joy.gif  Everything sounds like it went great!!!  Fingers crossed for you!!!  Sending you sticky vibes!!!goodvibes.gif

Missme - How are you feeling?  Good luck tomorrow with your appt!!  Let us know how it goes!!  My suggestion is to wear baggy clothes to help hide it from the kids!  Good luck hiding it all!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#68 of 787 Old 03-20-2011, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

lyndi - Yay!!! Sticky vibes your way!  I hope your 2ww goes quickly!

blue - He's been on clomid for 2 years now.  He'll be on it for the rest of his life (i'll explain more in my response to taxlady below)  I love little kid parties!  It's funny, if I hear people talking about babies and little kids, I feel sad, but if the kids are present, I snuggle and soak up the baby-ness as much as I can, but never feel sad.

taxlady - My dh is on clomid because he has varicocele.  They don't know why he has it, but the dr speculates that it's because he had lymphoma just before puberty.  He had surgery about 2 years ago to try to fix it.  It did stop the pain he had been having in his testicles since chemo and radiation (I'm pretty sure he had had both treatments) but it did not fix his testosterone levels as we had hoped.  They started him on clomid to raise his testosterone and subsequently sperm counts and motility.  It seems to be hit or miss on his sperm, but it does at least make him feel more normal.  He's been eating a lot more tuna (for the selenium) and taking calcium, vitamin C, wheat germ and a few other supplements which are supposed to help sperm.  He didn't do this last cycle, so this is kind of a test to see if it helps.  He's also avoiding ALL caffeine and alcohol.

This was a REAAAAALLY long winded way to say that clomid may help your DH, but it depends on what's causing his MFI.  If it's testerone, it may help.  I'd run it by his doctor or your RE and see what they say.  DH feels badly sometimes too, but in our situation, I'm contributing to our IF, so we both shoulder it a bit.  For a long time, we thought it was JUST me.  I'm glad we found such a good RE to find out DH's problem too.  My past drs failed to even test dh.  I'm kicking myself for not being more proactive at the time...  You're absolutely right, though.  It's never anyone's fault.  It is what it is.

Keria - That's GREAT news!  I've got everything crossed for you!  

missme - I take the progesterone shots and YES they HURT.  Icing before helps.  How long do you have to take suppositories?  The shots I had to do until I was 10 weeks preggo.  I'm on insulin for my diabetes and I was thinking of taking a picture of the progesterone syringes next to one of my insulin syringes so you can see the difference.  It's crazy.  I hope I'm not scaring anyone reading this.  It's seriously not as bad as I thought it was going to be.  Not fun... but not the end of the world either.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#69 of 787 Old 03-21-2011, 09:43 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi All:

Sorry I sort-of disappeared. I was in a pretty dark place after my BFN after IVF. I just needed to take a break from obsessing over ttc, and leaving MDC for a while was part of that. I still think about all of you quite a lot, especially Belly right now. I hope you are doing ok. Lyndi - I hope that little bean is snuggling in for a long time.

Taxlady - I don't think I ever welcomed you. Welcome!

Keira - crossing my fingers that this is it for you.

Missme - Ouch OHSS sounds like no fun at all. Sorry. :hug

Blue - Hi! So, I haven't been reading too closely. You are now on BCP, right? Wow, time has flown. It feels like just a few weeks ago you were waiting for AF for so long!

Kewpie  - Hi! I am going to have to read back a few pages to see what is going on with you. Hope all is well.

AFM - like I said, I have been in a dark place. It is hard to describe. Not depressed or sad or anything like that really. I just don't feel hopeful, but then at the same time I don't want to loose hope. I have been de-cluttering my house, which has felt good. And DH and I are getting along pretty well (we usually fight a lot). I took DS camping for a few days last week - just the two of us - and we had a wonderful time. So I am slowly starting to feel better. We are doing a natural cycle this time, to recover from IVF. So if we weren't successful this month, it is on to IUI next time. A few years ago when it became clear that we had IF issues (and before our great IVF insurance coverage), DH and I talked about adoption, and decided that if we were unable to get pregnant by my 37th birthday, we would pursue adoption. My 37th birthday is this Thursday. That date has always been a big thing in my head, and now that it is happening, I feel completely lost about what to do. We simply don't have the money for adoption. In fact, I went out and bought three flats of flowers this weekend, and money was so tight I had to go back and return them a few hours later because DH reminded me that my student loan is due on Tuesday. Ugh. I know I should start saving for adoption, but we literally don't have a penny left after our bills. So now, the only option is to keep trying naturally, since we have three more IVF cycles covered, even though the RE didn't seem very optimistic that it would work. I wish I knew what to do. I feel AF coming on (should be here around Friday). If she doesn't show by then, I am going to test on my birthday (Thursday).

Hugs to you all. Thanks for being my support system, even if I do disappear once in a while.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#70 of 787 Old 03-21-2011, 11:35 AM

rcr don't apologize it's ok to take a break, sending many hugs to you and hopefully you'll get a BFP in your natural cycle.

Mismee that made me smile about yoiur girl students kids these days, now I feel old lol.

Someone asked about my stims I'm doing injectables, aprently I do my fertility treatments backwards first IVF then IUI/injectables maybe I'll try clomid next and after a while I'll just be able to have sex and get pregnant. j/k.

Thanks foir all the good wishes everyone. My beta is 4/4 but I'll probably poas before.

Blue do you have an estimated date for your FET?

Kewpie that's interesting about clomid, no one suggested that to us DH has a small varicole but the doctor said that's probably not the cause for our troubles, are you waiting for AF again?

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#71 of 787 Old 03-21-2011, 11:38 AM
rcr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keria View Post

rcr don't apologize it's ok to take a break, sending many hugs to you and hopefully you'll get a BFP in your natural cycle.

Someone asked about my stims I'm doing injectables, aprently I do my fertility treatments backwards first IVF then IUI/injectables maybe I'll try clomid next and after a while I'll just be able to have sex and get pregnant. j/k.

Thanks!

I am doing fertility treatments backwards too. IVF, then IUI.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#72 of 787 Old 03-21-2011, 12:23 PM

rcr, I think everyone needs a break sometimes...just know that we love your company grouphug.gif  Your camping trip with DS sounds like it was really fun!  I hope it helped take your mind off things a little.  I can't wait till I heal a bit so I can get out of the house and do something fun with DD.   

Lyndi - Yay!  Glad your transfer went so well.  Lots of sticky vibes coming your way!  goodvibes.gif

Keira, WOW!  Sounds like the timing was perfect!   Fingers crossed for you fingersx.gif

Taxlady, can't help but comment on the yucky paste too!  Progesterone suppositories are horrible!  With my fresh cycle I only had to use them for a couple weeks, but with a FET they want you to use them the whole first trimester.   That's actually part of the confusion with my ectopic (since I stopped using the progesterone when I got my negative beta)...how was the baby able to *thrive* without the hormones.  I was completely surpressed so I shouldn't have had any naturally....but maybe they don't need it to attach to the fallopian tubes.  Anyway, I have thought about trying the shots instead, because I don't like all the leakage and I wonder if it would be more precise using the shots instead.

Kewpie, is it 1 or 2 progesterone shots a day???  I'd love to see a picture next to an insulin needle. 

Blue, I kind of like your doctors protocol for FET!  So excited for you to transfer!

Missme, still thinking about you!  Friday is just around the corner!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#73 of 787 Old 03-21-2011, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

rcr - I took a break for a while too.  We completely understand.  There's no need to apologize.  In a nutshell for me, I had to wait quite a while for AF to return.  I'm on BCP now and will have my saline u/s on wednesday.  Will have baseline and start stims within 2-3 weeks after that.

Keria - my DH's varicocele is pretty severe.  I just finished my first AF and now I'm waiting to have my saline u/s and then waiting for the second AF so we can start stims.  so much waiting....

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#74 of 787 Old 03-21-2011, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Belly - I had 1 shot at night.  I'll take a picture and see if I can figure out how to post it.  

ETA: Ok, you can't post pictures directly, so I am including a link to flickr for the pic to be viewed.  I included a description under the photo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60882254@N04/5547739502/  <link to progesterone injection needles next to insulin syringe needle.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#75 of 787 Old 03-21-2011, 02:06 PM

Kewpie, hmmm...not sure I'll be trying the shots bigeyes.gif

Keira/rcr,  I felt like I was going backwards last month when I tried Clomid after my FET :)  Good thing we all have such a great sense of humor twins.gif

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#76 of 787 Old 03-21-2011, 02:31 PM

I also am doing the shots and yes they are very large needles.  My husband does them for me and they dont hurt that bad but her had to work late sunday night and I had to do it myself so I did it in my leg instead of my butt/hip and I will NEVER do that again.  I have a huge knot in my leg.  The butt/hip ones are really not that bad if you are not doing them yourself!!

#77 of 787 Old 03-21-2011, 03:43 PM

Ladies, I got a BFP!!!

Today at the clinic, they did a Beta along with the other blood tests to moniter for OHSS, and it came back positive! It was 111.62 at 8dp5dt. I've got to go back for more monitering on Wednesday, and they'll re-do the beta on Friday (my original beta date) to make sure it's increasing properly, but for now, it's official!!!

I hope this is the start of a streak!!! I wish I could hug every one of you!!!

I'll be back later. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo!!!

#78 of 787 Old 03-21-2011, 04:40 PM

CONGRATULATIONS MISSME!!!!!!!!  broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif I am so happy for you!!!!

#79 of 787 Old 03-21-2011, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

joy.gif !!!!!!  I am SO happy for you!  congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missme View Post

Ladies, I got a BFP!!!

Today at the clinic, they did a Beta along with the other blood tests to moniter for OHSS, and it came back positive! It was 111.62 at 8dp5dt. I've got to go back for more monitering on Wednesday, and they'll re-do the beta on Friday (my original beta date) to make sure it's increasing properly, but for now, it's official!!!

I hope this is the start of a streak!!! I wish I could hug every one of you!!!

I'll be back later. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo!!!

IVF #1 11 weeks

#80 of 787 Old 03-21-2011, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah like i said, they're not the end of the world.  I found that it was okay until about the 6th week.  Then I had so many bruises, each one hurt no matter how careful we were.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndiramos View Post

I also am doing the shots and yes they are very large needles.  My husband does them for me and they dont hurt that bad but her had to work late sunday night and I had to do it myself so I did it in my leg instead of my butt/hip and I will NEVER do that again.  I have a huge knot in my leg.  The butt/hip ones are really not that bad if you are not doing them yourself!!

IVF #1 11 weeks

#81 of 787 Old 03-21-2011, 06:23 PM

Kewpie - I totally agree and feel the same about being around my friends that have kids at times.  Not that I might not be the same way if I had kids, but since I have experienced IF I might be a little more sensitive towards that friend that isn't as lucky.   Ahhhhh..... you just have to haunt me with those darn shots don't you!!!  I'm hoping that my crinone gel is going to be okay for me this time.  The shots were fine last time until I ended up finding out i was prego and then they started to hurt and took my butt almost a week to fully recovery after i finally stopped taking them.  I'm hoping I won't miss them.  Time will tell.

rcr - Good to see your name show up again!!!  I've been thinking about you lately and hoping you are hanging in there.  I know these times can be dark, but know that I'm thinking of you and sending up some positive thoughts and prayers for you.  Sometimes when I'm down and out I try to think about all those people out there that have it so much worse off than I do and then I feel very lucky to even have what i already have, even though it isn't a child, which I would so love.  I'm sure that thinking might not be the healthiest method, but I know when we lost our boys if I was trying not to cry at times I'd think about people that don't have anything or someone that is missing a leg or arm.  I know it kinda seems weird, but it would make me appreciate what i do have already and I'd be more thankful for it.  Hopefully that make sense, but that is just how I deal with things and I'm sure everyone else also has their own way.  Sending you hugs...hug2.gif  About your 27 and adoption issue.... I'd totally move that date out if I were you.  Especially if your insurance is paying for your treatment, but again that is just my thoughts.  Oh almost forgot... I've actually started stimming now with Gonal F actually and will do that for like a total of maybe 5-6 days then a 2nd U/S to see how the follicles look.  They just want like one or two good ones and then I'll trigger just like an IUI or IVF and then have the FET.  My drs protocol likes to kinda do it like you were having a "normal" cycle.  I haven't a clue what way is best, but I trust my dr and figure he knows what he is doing and must be doing it that way for some reason.  We will see.

Keria - LOL.... loved your doing your IF treatments backwards!!  Don't we all wish we could do it that way and I sure do hope you will just get to the point where you & DH can actually just do it and get a BFP.  Man wouldn't that be the greatest.... I've kinda given up on that but still have a glimmer of hope, but sometime I wonder why!?!?!?!?!?!?!?  I think i keep myself guarded b/c i don't want the big let down when AF always seems to show up.  I've learned my lesson to just ride it out and try to stay positive, but never fully expect it is going to be easy.  Not sure when my date will be, but my guess is like mon, tues or wed next week.  I have my next U/S on Wed morning so that will tell us more.  Hoping i won't have to go back for another U/S after that. 

Belly - How are you feeling?  Are you still having pain?  I sure hope you are doing okay.  What a crazy thing to have to go through.  My heart still aches for you!!  hug.gif  My dr always wants to mimic a natural cycle and feels that the less the embries have to be out of your body the better.  That is why he does a  2 day transfer b/c he thinks that they are more likely to take if they are in your body maturing instead of a petri dish, or at least that is how he explained to me.  Who knows...there are so many ways of thinking out there i don't know which is right or wrong, you know.

Lyndi- are you icing the area for like 10 mins before your shot and also massaging the area afterwards?  Oowweeee!  Shots in the leg sound awful!  I sure hope you don't have to do that often.

MISSME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif     Had to throw some dancing veggies in there.  Still don't know why that is the norm when someone gets a BFP, but I didn't want to break the trend.    Can't figure out why my banana isn't dancing.... he kinda looks stunned that you got your BFP!!!!  Maybe he will start dancing once I post this.  Congrats girl!!!  I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you!!!  I'm thinking you are going to be starting the BFP streak!!!  Keep us posted!!  Sending you sticky, strong, healthy vibes!!!!

AFM - I had some weird ovary pains today so I'm hoping I'm not stimming too fast.  I really would like to have our transfer mon, tues or wed of next week and not this weekend b/c we have our 2 nieces ice skating show on Sunday and it is going to be hard to get out of it when the whole family is going and we really aren't talking too much about the whole FET to DH's side of the family at this point in time.  MIL can be nosy so if we have to cancel on the skating show she is going to be really be wondering what is going on.  We will see. This is the one thing about all these treatments that drives me nuts......trying to set a normal schedule.  Aghhhh!!

#82 of 787 Old 03-21-2011, 08:18 PM

ok i posted earlier today but the computer ate it .SO:

missme-- yay !!!! joy.gifwow! SO Exciting! congrats! broc1.gifcarrot.gif

blue--wow! You are getting close ! lots of luck! Totally hear you about the scheduling. It's really tough but usually you can come up with some kind of story about being sick, right?

rcr and belly--thinking of you. We all have our down days. The one thing that comforts me when nothing else will, is to think that no matter what, each day is taking me toward the moment where this journey will be resolved, one way or the other. I hope that resolution will come with a baby in my arms, but even if I have to give up, at least this time of struggle will be over.

lyndi--here's what i do with the shots: I run hot water in the sink over the progesterone to make it nice and thin and soak a washcloth at the same time. Here's the weird part: right before I do the shot I smack the area where it's going to go in. This distracts me and it doesn't hurt at all going in. Then I hold the hot washcloth on it and massage it afterwards.

AFM: My transfer is tomorrow at 1pm. I got the 3 day report on the embryos yesterday. They sound about the same as last time: 10 of the 12 recovered from thaw, 1 is 6-cell, and 8 are 4-5cell. Quality is good. I have to admit I was a little disappointed. I really hope they have picked up in growth over the past 24 hours. I will hear the final report tomorrow morning before we go in. Most likely we are on track to transfer 2. Wish me luck you guys!

#83 of 787 Old 03-21-2011, 08:22 PM

Primi - good luck tomorrow!!! I will be thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed!!!   Keep us posted!!!!

#84 of 787 Old 03-22-2011, 04:44 AM

missme- OH I AM SOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU HOPING THAT THE SECOND BETA GOES JUST AS WELL!!!!!!  SSOOOO SOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU THOUGHjoy.gif

Primi- goodluck with your transfer hoping everything goes well and the little embries stick and grow well!!

with the shots I havent really bruised from them and I do not ice the area. I did that once and it made it worse.  I just switch sides and that seems to do the trick!!  no bruises yet, but I hope that I can make it to six weeks of this and then we will talk!!  

#85 of 787 Old 03-22-2011, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter

blue - The shots started to hurt worse after I was pregnant as well.  I wonder why that is...  ugh... nosey family... I'm lucky that I don't have to deal with that.  I feel for you, though.  I hope the timing ends up working out.

primi - huh.. Your method for the shots sounds interesting.  I'm gonna try that once we're on them again. Good luck on your transfer!!! How exciting!

IVF #1 11 weeks

#86 of 787 Old 03-22-2011, 07:57 AM

WOW!  I was coming over this morning to thank everyone for their insights and explanations about this process and I come and find WONDERFUL NEWS!!  

CONGRATS- MISSME!!  FABULOUS!  joy.gif I absolutely love good news first thing in the morning.  And that's not all - PRIMI - that's sounds like great news too!  GOOD LUCK TODAY!!

Kewpie - I think the waiting here is harder than natural cycles.  I don't know what it is about it but with all the added shots and regimes I feel like this month has slowed way down.  I haven't looked at the needle.. the three I'm using now are really easy.. so I'm going to keep blinders on for the progesterone.  Although, the sticky chalky stuff OR another needle.. so I'm just not going there.  LOL.

Blue - I'm stemming too, but I'm only on day two.  Yesterday, I was so tired.  I can't tell if it's just me or if it's the added hormones.  I hope you are feeling well.

RCR - my DH and I also have adoption in mind - he and his sister were adopted.  But we're also tight on funds (especially since we don't have any coverage for anything reproductive).  By taking a break and getting your own thoughts together, you will find the answers, plus, you have more tries and time.  You are by no means getting too OLD. I wish someone would have told me not to put age time frames on things because I blew all of mine.  Married by 25 (I was 32), baby by 27 (I'm 35).  Silly me...there is no timeframe on my life.

Belly - how are you feeling?  Are you ok? 

I know I'm missing someone, but I can't see any further down the thread and I'm afraid to lose this post if I try to do anything fancy.

Hugs to all - I can't believe I was afraid to join the IVF'ers.  I'm not sure why, but I'm so glad I found your support.  I wonder why doctor's do things backwards?  WE were told that IVF with ICSI was the only way to go.. but medicine is a science not like my world of black and white debits and credits.. so I'll leave the science to those who can figure it out.  dizzy.gif They obviously know what they are doing.. or they wouldn't have such big fancy offices with plaques and awards all over the walls.. RIGHT??

Married to DH since 7/08 - TTC since 8/09
#87 of 787 Old 03-22-2011, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

I've updated the front page up to this point and I *think* I have everyone's info current and correct.  Please check to make sure you're good to go.  Please let me know if you find any errors.  :)

IVF #1 11 weeks

#88 of 787 Old 03-22-2011, 09:45 AM
rcr

Missme - YAY!!!!!joy.gifbouncy.gifthumbsup.gifjumpers.gif

#89 of 787 Old 03-22-2011, 02:26 PM

Hello ladies...

so my transfer was this afternoon. I went in for an acupuncture session right before to make sure I was nice and relaxed. I needed it too b/c the results with the embryos were really disappointing!!! Out of the 12 we thawed, we had NO blastocysts today for the day 5 transfer, just two Morulas (Morulas are supposed to be a day 4 stage of development). One was a compacting morula and the other was an early morula, so we transferred both.

The other 8 stopped growing, so we have none to freeze from this round.

The doctor who did the transfer could not have been more discouraging. He said they looked "viable" and that is all, "they don't grade morulas". And he said "good luck" in the most mournful, hangdog way possible. I am NOT feeling all that lucky right now. I feel like saying F it and having a large vodka martini. angry.gif

Last time, I at least had 1 blastocyst, and that did not work out. So it is hard to be hopeful with only morulas. And since we've now thawed 22 of my original 32, it is hard to hope that there are any better ones left out of the 10 that are still frozen.

The doctor said that he's seen it before, for women who are younger, and very high responders to the drugs, and produce tons of eggs, that they may not be very good quality. If i have to go through IVF again he would make sure I am on much lower doses of all the stimulation, to produce fewer, higher quality eggs. He also said for women in my situation, "There's a really good chance that you'll get pregnant eventually...but it is tricky."

Anyway, I will find out for sure in 1 week, on the 30th. Maybe you ladies can hold out some hope for me. I am delegating DH to be hopeful too and to talk to these little hitchhikers and see if they can summon up the strength to keep growing.

#90 of 787 Old 03-22-2011, 02:45 PM

Prim, I am holding out hope for you!  It sounds like you still have a good chance to me.  Even though they aren't blasts, morulas are still more developed embies.  Many, many, many women get pregnant off 2 and 3 day transfers where they are still just a few cells.  You know that they were able to make it this far, so I would just use that information.  I think the RE's try to "manage expectations" a lot.  Mine is always pretty negative about the odds of something working and I am also still young and we have unexplained IF (well except for the endo they found during my surgery last week).  Do you get pictures?  I always hold my picture of the 2 embies and tell my hubby that I am routing for the "underdog" (less developed one!).

Tags
Fertility Monitors , Fertility 60 Tips , Fertility Cycles Nutrition 4th Edition , Fertility Facts Conceive Magazine Editors , Fertility Demystified A Self Teaching Guide

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page