Spring IVF - Come and join the journey! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 787 Old 03-25-2011, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Blue I'm glad yoy are able to go to your family event fingers crossed that your follie is growing at the rate is supposed to grow.

Kewpie I'm happy that you are starting your cycle.

rcr happy belated birthday sorry about the BFN.

I'm two week waiting, 5 dpo today. I'm really sad for some reason maybe the progesterone, I have to shake it off and try to saty positive.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 787 Old 03-25-2011, 05:14 PM

Cass -  So w/ DD you used DW's eggs and donor sperm & she carried and this time you want to use your eggs w/ a donor & you carry? Is that right? Fingers crossed for you that it works.  Don't take this the wrong way, but God forbid if you don't get your BFP would you ever just do IVF with your eggs and have DW carry?  I know you said you have had troubles getting pregnant in the past. 

Primi -   IF & the insurance companies make me mad... no one asks to get cancer or diabetes, just like we all didn't ask for IF, but insurance companies will pay for treatment for all of those issues.  Anyways... More importantly - Keep thinking those positive thoughts!!! PUPO!!  Glad to hear about your symptoms!!!  Keep them coming!!!

Belly & Missme - Thanks for your kind thoughts!!

Kewpie - Good to hear that your SIS went well!!!  Yeah for ordering meds!!!!  So when will you start....with your next cycle?  Feels good to get things going again don't they... I know we would all rather just be prego and not have to worry about any of it, but you know what I mean, I hope.'

rcr - Oh, I bet that is where I know her from. Thanks!!

AFM - U/S and blood work went fine this morning.  Biggest follie is around 16 and my lining is at 7.5  (they want follies to be 17-18 and lining to be at least 8) so I'm done with testingjoy.gif and I have to stimulate (gonal F) tonight for the last time fingersx.gif and then trigger tomorrow night, nothing at all on Sunday and then start Progesterone, antibiotic, & medrol on Monday.  Wow, that is a lot in one day!!!  Transfer is set for sometime on Wed morning.  They will call me on Monday to let me know the exact time for Wed.  I just thought about a question... figures I'd think of it Friday night at 8pm.  Can DH and I BD on our own say like Sunday b/c I will have triggered on Sat night??  Hmmmmm???  Anyone know?  Gosh I wish I would have thought of that question when I was talking to the nurse this afternoon.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#123 of 787 Old 03-26-2011, 06:39 AM

HI!

Welcome - Kinza!!  I know that I was scared to join the IVF thread, but I have found it to be a wealth of resource and great ladies!!

Blue.. this is so exciting.  Those follies sound huge!  So forgive me, on the first page it says you're aiming for a FET.  But you need eggs?  I think I'm confused, but none the less, really psyched that you have huge eggs!  I wondered the same thing about DTD, I don't want to mess around - but today at my appointment I'll ask the nurse about it and report back.  

Cass - what a neat story.  I mean, I'm sorry that it is taking you a long time, but so neat that the two of you are working together.  I love the "little french goose".  That is so sweet.  Nice to meet you.

I'm actually sort of in a hurry now, because when I logged on I had a private message about taxes, and I spent a long time over there.  Blue asked me how many days I stimed.. well, last Thursday it had been 4 days of menopure, lupron, and follistem.  My biggest ones were 12 and he counted several 10's and 9's.  He didn't count all of them.  The nurse seemed really happy about all of that - but then seeing that they need to be 17 (from Dr. Blue) I hope that this morning we're getting bigger. My lining was at 8.5.  I know it seems like this is going fast for me.. but it took me a little while to join you.  And it feels like a long time on my side.  DH and I have been trying since 2009.  This MIF was discovered in January.. and it just so happened that we saw the RE at the right times in my cycle.  I was feeling my ovaries more on Thursday, now they don't feel so big.. I hope that doesn't mean I lost them.  I think IVF is wonderful technology. I finally feel like I have a little more control and I'm being proactive and helping us get our baby.  I just know that it doesn't always work - but I'm trying not to think of that.. I mean, there is a list of graduates on the first page, right??  

Belly - June is just around the corner.  After what you have been through, this makes me so happy that you can do something so soon!  

Ok.. I don't mean to be rude, normally I would like to address everyone personally.. but the U/S is waiting.. oh I love that U/S thing.  I honestly do, it's just so much more information.  I think I lucked out on RE's too, I really like my doctor.  Sooo.. here's hoping that I still have growing eggs.  

I'll check back when I get to work today (who loves taxes??  I do, I do!)  I hope that Missme and Primi are doing well - sticky dust to you!!  

Married to DH since 7/08 - TTC since 8/09
#124 of 787 Old 03-26-2011, 07:21 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good luck, keria and blueyezz (and anybody I may have missed). Sending you tons of good thoughts!!! goodvibes.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#125 of 787 Old 03-26-2011, 07:23 AM

Taxlady - I think with our fresh IVF they told us not to DTD  or if we did to be very careful to avoid twisting motions b/c your ovaries are larger and they wouldn't want them to twist inside and cause issues, but all drs are different and I'm not sure if it is different for a FET compared to a fresh.  Who knows.  Sounds like things are coming right along with your cycle!  That is awesome!! I think it is normal to sometimes feel your ovaries more than other times.  May also depend on how full your bladder may be too, which can add to that pressure down there. It's really weird b/c i had these pains on the L the other day and thought for sure that the biggest follie would be on that side and at the U/S they said it was on the R and everything else looked fine, so who knows. Keep us posted on how today goes!!  We just had our taxes done by someone (figured with all this medical expense maybe we could get some kind of write off) and it is such a good feeling to have it done professionally!  DH normally does them by turbo-tax and I always wonder if he is missing thing that a professional like yourself would find.  Anyways, I think what you do is a great service to people like us in need!!  Thanks!!

Your question about me growing eggs right now is totally understandable... I didn't get it either at first.  My dr likes to try to do things like you would in a "natural/fresh cycle" but with just a little bit of meds.  So i'm on an extremely low dose of Gonal F (it's been a total of 8 days now.  Last Thurs to this Fri.) to just get like one or two good sized follies (that is another thing where it may be different w/ each Dr how big they want them) and then they will have me trigger and then start the same meds I was on for my fresh.  They will then put the little embryos in there and they will probably be there with the eggies that ovulated but will have already fertilize and they just have to hope and pray that they stick.  My Dr also does a 2 day transfer so with our fresh we did our ER on a Wed and then did the transfer on a Friday.  All practices are different though.

Tear -  so good to see your name!!  Thanks!!!  hug.gif

Keria - keep your head up girl!!!  Sending you lots of positive sticky vibes!!!goodvibes.gif

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#126 of 787 Old 03-26-2011, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
blueyezz, I was wondering about BDing just because of the risk of multiples, but now I know you don't have 8 or 9 follies then I don't see why not. Though it's probably good to be super careful with your swollen follies. I mean, it sounds similar to the stimulation of a Clomid cycle, and we always BD'd on that.

And ps - thanks for asking about me (I just saw that a page back). We're doing well and just heard her heartbeat again on Thursday. treehugger.gif I've been sick with a stupid cold for about a month now and working on report cards for the past three weekends, and they went home on Wednesday, and of course some parents called/wrote nasty-grams the next day. It actually pushed me into an emotional breakdown because I've been busting my butt for their children and working weekends on report cards and I feel like I'm working on 50% brainpower, and it was just the last straw. My colleagues sent me home because I was crying in the hallway. But after 10 hours of sleep on Thursday night and 12 hours of sleep last night, I'm doing better. Not complaining, btw! I haven't been posting tons on MDC because I just haven't known where to post I guess...my DDC ladies are nice, but I feel like they don't really know what a gift they have, not the way we see it. I don't mean that in an obnoxious way, just that most of their journeys were so different from ours and I don't feel an easy click. I'm thinking of you ladies tons and hoping that you all get your BFPs soon! Lots of love!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#127 of 787 Old 03-26-2011, 07:58 AM

Tear - So good to hear from you!!!  Can you tell I'm stalling on doing exercises this morning!!! LOL  Anyways, I'm glad to hear that things seem to be going well for you!!  Yea for hearing that little heartbeat!!  Isn't it so comforting to hear that sound beating away!!  So sorry to hear about the whole report card issues, but I'm glad to hear that your co-workers have your back.  You know that you are doing a good job so don't let those parents bring you down!!!!  Deep breath and take one day at a time & you'll get through it!  I loved being on the Winter IVF Thread with you... you were so positive and I just loved your energy & good will towards the rest of us ladies!!  I can understand your frustrations with not feeling like you "fit" in the DDC.  Some people just don't know the frustrations and heartache that we all go through with IF and I think they just will never understand unless they experience it.  Could you start your own DDC for IF and not have an actual DD month, so that way it isn't just you and Maurine in the club - LOLwinky.gif !!  Just a thought.

I've thought about the whole DTD before we have our FET and my initial feeling was that if we were going to put 3 back in we wouldn't DTD, but if we would go with 2 then we could DTD before.  I'm sure it won't matter b/c we have been TTC for 5 yrs now and it hasn't worked on our own, so I'm not sure why I even think about it or ponder what to do.  We will see.

Take care my friend and keep us posted...You will always be an IVF "sister" to me!!!! hug.gif  Hope your real sister Carlye is doing well too!

#128 of 787 Old 03-26-2011, 01:05 PM

There is so much to keep track of on this thread. 

rcr - I can really sympathize with you. It is hard for me to get into this process again. I guess I have a pretty good chance for a successful FET, but a successful first IVF with a miscarriage was really hard to deal with. Especially with my daughter. She's going to be five in June, but that was also the due date for the baby I lost. I feel so pre-occupied, but not willing to get too invested either. I probably didn't state that very well, but I feel your pain.

cass n beth - I had to temporarily have my daughter with me at my retrieval this fall until her daycare opened. My husband took her away as soon as he could, but the other couple in the pre-surgery area looked as uncomfortable as I felt. She isn't a IVF/IUI kid either. 

Blue and Kewpie - Best wishes on your cycles. Blue - the whole whether to BD or not made me laugh!, I have also had these internal arguments and the little voice that questions what I am worrying about - if it hasn't happened with all this cycle hyper-awareness, why on earth would it happen right before a transfer or other procedure? I guess it is just hope against all reason. 

Missme and primipara - I found the whole first six weeks (before the 1st ultrasound) like another waiting cycle. It didn't feel real to me. No symptoms, besides me trying to notice a symptom.

AFM - Today is CD1 and the nurse who called me back is no where close to my favorite. I think I know more about the RE world then she does. She worked out my cycle and gave me the important dates, but I feel like I should call on Monday and have someone double check it. If she is right, the transfer would be May 10. 

Working mama to one seven year old daughter. 
#129 of 787 Old 03-26-2011, 04:57 PM

Julieven - Yea for CD 1....well I guess a BFP would have been better, but since we all don't seem to find those very easily we will be excited for CD 1.  Keep us posted on how everything goes.  Isn't it funny how certain nurses on the other end of the phone can really rub you the wrong way?  Maybe it's just the hormones, who knows.  At my RE's office they all seem pretty good so I'm lucky, but at my old place they were kinda snooty!! 

#130 of 787 Old 03-27-2011, 06:21 AM

Keria - sorry you were feeling down...has the weekend helped? The 2ww is such a tough slog.

Blue - let us know how your ice show was!!!

Taxlady - I felt my ovaries big time at beginning of my stim cycle; I felt them less as I got closer to ER. I remember clearly cause the ultrasonographer kept asking me if I was more uncomfortable - and I wasn't. So I wouldn't worry. It sounds like your follicles are growing perfectly.

Julieven - Yay for CD1! Good to get things rolling! Can I ask how many weeks you were when you had your miscarriage? Mostly I feel positive, but sometimes I worry that I got so lucky to get pregnant from my first IVF that it can't last. It's scary. Fortunately (lol) I have so many symptoms from OHSS that I feel and look really pregnant, so it does feel real to me.

Tear - So awesome to hear from you and see how many weeks along you are!!! And it's a girl!!! What fun!!! It seems like just yesterday I was stalking you all on the Fall thread! Sorry to hear that parents are making your life difficult, though. I work at a school with very low parent involvement - a mixed blessing to be sure. They don't bother me, but they don't help either. I feel pretty lucky actually, cause I've heard such horror stories of nasty parents. Do you get to take a decent Maternity/parental leave? I can understand how you feel a little strange in the pregnancy forums. I've done a little stalking over there, but I'm still so firmly in infertility world, i totally can't relate.

AFM - I'm pretty uncomfortable. I'm so happy I'm preg though. I'm just worried about going back to work - I've been off since March 8 (march break was in there though). I'm planning to go to school tomorrow, but I'm not sure how it's gonna go - I'm so short of breath and my ab muscles are sore from being pushed out by the bloating. But I can't just stay home for the next 10 weeks, you know? I read women's stories on the internet about how their OHSS symptoms lasted till the 2nd trimester. But as long as I feel uncomfortable, it means I'm still pregnant, so that's a comfort! LOL!

single mama, started TTC Jan 2009, 12 IUIs w/frozen sperm, 3 self-insem w/fresh sperm; IVF cycle March 2011 gave me my beautiful daughter who is now 2 yrs old!!! Trying to make her a baby sibling from my frosties, 2 natural cycle FETs=bfn, on a medicated FET cycle now.
#131 of 787 Old 03-27-2011, 07:26 AM

Keria - sorry you were feeling down, and I hope you had a great weekend. it is so hard to stay even keeled with all these hormones going through our bodies. My husband compared it to high altitude hiking--you are totally loopy from oxygen deprivation, but you have to stay on task and make life and death decisions.

Blue -it sounds like your stims are going great! Yay for transfer on Wednesday, I hope everything goes perfectly!

Taxlady - It sounds like you're right on track. What did the ultrasound say?

Julieven - I know what you mean about feeling burned by the process. It's hard to get your hopes up again. For me, I had an interrupted IVF cycle last December due to OHSS, then a failed FET, now I'm on my second FET from that same cycle. I no longer do any due date calculations. It's getting really hard for me and my husband to make plans or look forward to the future because it's like there's a forked future--one in which we're pregnant and one where we're not.

Tear - i'm really glad you checked in with us. and missme--i'm so happy you're checking in with us. it's wonderful to hear from women who have crossed over and understand how lucky they are. Missme, I'm so sorry you're so uncomfortable!, isn't there anything they can do for you? 

AFM- i was feeling really, hopeful on Friday and Saturday. Today I woke convinced that all the "symptoms" are just in my head. There's no point testing until Tuesday, I just want to put myself out of my misery so badly!!

Also there was a great big party last night in my neighborhood, and a bunch of my friends were going to be there. We got all dressed up to go and on our way out the door, DH coughed and had a weird rib spasm, like he thinks maybe he even broke his rib. So we headed back inside. I was feeling really conflicted and guilty anyway about staying out late, just in case there's something I'm sheltering here.

blue -- if we have to do another FET i am thinking about asking the doctor about the details of the protocol, based on what you've said--the logic of triggering a follicle at the same time, and perhaps trying an earlier transfer instead of going for the 5 day, and maybe even doing the final 10 in two rounds of 5. Because they don't really know very much about the embryo quality.

#132 of 787 Old 03-27-2011, 07:29 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

wave.gif Hello all!

Congratulations missme!

Good luck blue, prim Keira and well everyone!

Sorry I haven't written lately but we've been going through some really horrifc stuff feritlity and non fertility related.  I haven't really wanted to write it on here as I haven't wanted to bring such drepressing stuff onto what should be a hopeful thread. But anyway I've been stalking and wishing you all well.

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#133 of 787 Old 03-27-2011, 12:32 PM

Silver, glad to see you back!  Sorry to hear things aren't going well right now.  Feel free to vent to us.

Prim, try to stay positive...it's almost Tuesday!

Dr. Blue, I keep forgeting you are doing a FET because of the stimming.  I would say DTD if you want, it can't hurt :) 

Juli, there is a "nurse" at my RE office that I don't really care for.  She isn't mean or anything, I just feel like I know way more than her and she always comments on other patients which makes me uncomfortable.

Taxlady, I think we will pay someone to do our taxes next year.  I normally do them for us, but this year I missed a pretty big credit and just finished up our amended return, eh.  Sounds like your cycle is going great!!!!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#134 of 787 Old 03-27-2011, 07:30 PM

Belly - I know, sometimes I forget too since it seems so much like my Fresh cycle.  How are you feeling?  I think I asked before, but not sure if I saw an answer.  Feel us in.

Silver - good to see your name above.  Sending you hug.gif hugs.  I'm so sorry to hear you are going through some tough times right  now.  We all are here for you if you need us.  Sending you positive vibes and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Primi - Is Tues your actual Beta, I forget???  I say don't test, but i know it is hard to stay away.   I tested w/ my fresh cycle (i'm sure you read that before) and it was negative and then my beta the next day was positive.  It added a lot of extra stress to my life over that stupid test.  I say just know if you get a negative that it might not be true... that's all I can say.  How is DH, is he okay?  Sounds painful!  You might want to wait to see if I get a BFP before you decide to ask your dr about doing my protocol.  LOL.... good luck!!

Missme - I sure hope you start to feel better!  Are you eating lots of protein & drinking gatorade???  Maybe you can just tell your kids @ school that you need to sit more at work b/c you are just getting over something like bronchitis that affects your lungs and it makes it hard for you to breath.   The ice show was good.  Our two nieces that were in it did a good job - they are so cute.  I was in a figure skating club when i was younger, so it was fun to see.

Taxlady - How did your appt / U/S go on Sat???

Keria - how are you doing?  Hope you are feeling better!!

AFM -  Trigger shot went fine last night.  Man those needles are big... I don't miss those at all.  Brought back all those bad memories of all those Progesterone shots.  Anyone use Crinone gel???  I start tomorrow morning and I really don't have any clue what to do.  I watched the little teaching video on Freedom's website.  I know you shake it down and then up it in while laying on your back, but can you pee after wards or is it better to go before?  I guess I'm looking for some of the tricks. 

#135 of 787 Old 03-27-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyezz4 View Post

Belly - I know, sometimes I forget too since it seems so much like my Fresh cycle.  How are you feeling?  I think I asked before, but not sure if I saw an answer.  Feel us in.

Silver - good to see your name above.  Sending you hug.gif hugs.  I'm so sorry to hear you are going through some tough times right  now.  We all are here for you if you need us.  Sending you positive vibes and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Primi - Is Tues your actual Beta, I forget???  I say don't test, but i know it is hard to stay away.   I tested w/ my fresh cycle (i'm sure you read that before) and it was negative and then my beta the next day was positive.  It added a lot of extra stress to my life over that stupid test.  I say just know if you get a negative that it might not be true... that's all I can say.  How is DH, is he okay?  Sounds painful!  You might want to wait to see if I get a BFP before you decide to ask your dr about doing my protocol.  LOL.... good luck!!

Missme - I sure hope you start to feel better!  Are you eating lots of protein & drinking gatorade???  Maybe you can just tell your kids @ school that you need to sit more at work b/c you are just getting over something like bronchitis that affects your lungs and it makes it hard for you to breath.   The ice show was good.  Our two nieces that were in it did a good job - they are so cute.  I was in a figure skating club when i was younger, so it was fun to see.

Taxlady - How did your appt / U/S go on Sat???

Keria - how are you doing?  Hope you are feeling better!!

AFM -  Trigger shot went fine last night.  Man those needles are big... I don't miss those at all.  Brought back all those bad memories of all those Progesterone shots.  Anyone use Crinone gel???  I start tomorrow morning and I really don't have any clue what to do.  I watched the little teaching video on Freedom's website.  I know you shake it down and then up it in while laying on your back, but can you pee after wards or is it better to go before?  I guess I'm looking for some of the tricks. 

I always did my Crinone sitting on the toilet or standing sometimes. I don't recall ever seeing in the instructions to lay down. I don't have the time or privacy in the morning for that anyhow! I'm thinking of starring in my own show "Fertility Drugs Gone Wild" anyone want to join me lol! People just can't help themselves from asking about it. Otherwise things are going well. I'm 22w4d with our girls, just hanging out waiting to hit some of the big milestones. Good luck everybody!

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#136 of 787 Old 03-28-2011, 07:49 AM

Blue you are getting close you are transfering day 3 embies right?

Mismee glar to hear your update but I'm sorry you are still dealing with OHSS,  when is your u/s do you think it;s twins?

Primi fingers crossed for you.

Hi tear a little girl congratulations !

I'm feeling better I cheated and went biking yesterday I took it easy though but excersice really helps me.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#137 of 787 Old 03-28-2011, 12:34 PM

Hi wave.gif

So now I know what Blue meant when she was speaking of the Trigger needle.  I hope my DH doesn't pass out when he sees it.  He's been great with the 3 other shots so far, but when the nurse showed me the trigger one.. I almost went down.  Good thing it goes in my hiney.. I'm also getting the Crinone but it's going to go inside... (so now I'm sure I'll get to experience the white chalky stuff I was worried about on one of my first days here). 

Belly.. I really hate to see people pay someone to do their taxes.  Turbotax is fantastic software, but if you're doing anything a little more complicated - then yes, seeing someone is helpful.  Also, it's nice to have a relationship with someone that can help you plan around taxes.  Two credits I know people keep missing are the child tax credits ($1,000 for each child) and the Making Work Pay Credit (up to $400 for each adult on the return).  Oh and if anyone's in school the American Opportunity Credit is really great this year.

Primi - I'm sorry about your DH but the universe sometimes works in a magical mysterious way.  I hope your DH didn't break a rib, but even spraining a rib is painful and lasts a long time.  Maybe you were supposed to stay in.. TUESDAY IS TOMORROW.  Am I allowed to be a little excited??  I agree, I like the reasoning behind Blue's stimulation even with the FET.. I think that sounds really logical. 

Missme - I hope you feel well and excited even though bloated.  I hope that going back to work isn't too bad.. and that you get back into the swing of things soon.  I think that would help pass the 9 months of waiting. 

Julieven and Tear - I think you should know that as a newbie here on the IVF thread, it's really great that you stopped by.  It gives me hope.  Triplets and a little girl.. oh thank you for stopping by.

SOOO.. sorry I didn't update on Saturday after my appointment.. things were fine just nothing exciting (well, at least to me).  Today, I went in and I have 13 ready to go, although, he said he could have kept counting but since he takes all of them, he just stopped counting.  I'm thinking that's pretty good number, but in the back on my mind I wonder, even if there are a few, what if they're all messed up?  Tomorrow is the trigger and Thursday is the retrieval.  Then we PRAY. 

Thank you all for the loving support.  And if you do have a tax question, I'm happy to help.  I wish I was a RE doctor though, that seems like a really rewarding job.

dust.gif

#138 of 787 Old 03-28-2011, 12:53 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Blue - I did the crinone. It was easy. I did it like the instructions said the first time (sat on the toilet), but I didn't like it. After that  just did it standing up. After you shake it all to the end, you can hold it up to a light to see if it is all in the end. You can also hold it up to see if it all came out after you are done (the plastic thing is not clear, but you can see through it if you hold it up to a light). I didn't like doing it at all. It made me itch down there, and it made it hurt when I peed sometimes (mostly in the morning). I didn't get a chance to tell the doc about that, because I got a bfn and stopped it anyway.

Blue and Taxlady - I am getting really excited for you!

Taxlady - that is a great number!

Keira - glad you are feeling better.

Silver - sorry you are going through tough times. I can certainly relate to that.

Missme - feeling any better?

Primi - sorry you don't feel hopeful. I am hoping for you though (and ouch about the rib!)

AFM - went to the doc today. Had 9 follies, which was a lot more than I had at my baseline when I was doing IVF (we are doing IUI). I think I had about 6 or 7 then.  I start follistim today, but only 150 (I was on 275 for IVF). IUI is so much easier. My next appointment is on Sunday, and if all goes well at that time, the iui on Tuesday. That couldn't be a worse time. We got tickets to ride Thomas the train for DS on Sunday, which we have been looking forward to for months. I am not sure if I will be able to make it because the doc is 3 hours away. The IUI on Tuesday will also be a bad time because it is the only morning I teach class all week, so I will have to cancel. ugh. I shouldn't be complaining, after going through all the appointments for IVF, this should be a piece of cake.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#139 of 787 Old 03-28-2011, 12:56 PM
rcr

Taxlady - what is the Making Work Pay credit for?

We also pay somebody to do our taxes, for us and my mom (who has Alzhiemer's). We are too complicated, I would be afraid with all the deductions and stuff, especially for my mom because of her health care deductions (she is in assisted living).

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#140 of 787 Old 03-28-2011, 01:13 PM

Oh wow... RCR.. you're on your way again!  That seems quick.  Celebrate a birthday.. then time to make a baby!  Sorry about the Thomas ride.. I hope you still can make it.  I've only had to do 150 of follistem.. so I wish you luck!!  As for the MWP credit.  It's 6.2% of your income (earned income) up to $400.  If you file a joint return then you can get up to $800 even if there is only one wage earner.  However, it starts to phase out (you get less credit) when a single person earns $75K or a $150,000 married filing joint.  It's line 63 of the US Form 1040 and Schedule M can help you figure out if you're allowed to take it. 

I hope that helps. 

#141 of 787 Old 03-28-2011, 01:35 PM
rcr

You did 150 of follistim for IVF, Taxlady? Or was that for IUI (we are doing IUI this cycle).

#142 of 787 Old 03-28-2011, 01:47 PM

I did 150 for IVF.. or at least I have been since 3/20.  The nurse will call me if they want me to reduce my last dose to 100 tonight. 

Oh and I forgot to mention, I think it's great that you have your mother's return done.  The assisted living costs can get complicated.. better to have someone on your side for that.  :)

#143 of 787 Old 03-28-2011, 03:21 PM

Belly - Thank you!! How are you feeling?

Blue- my actual beta isn't until Wednesday, you're probably right that it's better not to test, but i can't help it! I'm going away on yet another trip Wednesday and I feel like I need to be ready if it's bad news. Sending you good vibes!

Silver - I'm glad you checked in and I second the thought.  Sending you hug.gif hugs. If you want to vent we are here.

Missme - Feel better soon!

Taxlady - Sounds like you have a great number of follies, not too many, not too few. Cycle seems like it's going fast, too! Don't be afraid of those big needles, as long as they are sharp they won't hurt going in too much. And--thanks for the tax advice!

Keria - how are you?

AFM just whistling away, counting the hours till I POAS tomorrow morning and then beta test on Wednesday. Still feeling weirdly light headed, of course that could totally be psychosomatic. DH is feeling better, I think it was just a weird spasm. We had a really nice talk last night about this whole business of TTC and where we are both at with it, mentally and emotionally, and making sure we plan other things to look forward to so it doesn't eat up our whole life together. I am really grateful for that man.

#144 of 787 Old 03-28-2011, 03:47 PM
rcr

My fsh was 20.2 today. It was about 15 last time. Ugh. I suck. How in the world could it have changed so fast. I made an accupuncture appointment for tomorrow.

Primi- hope you have good news in the morning!

#145 of 787 Old 03-28-2011, 07:22 PM

rcr - I know my FSH changed from month to month, so I wouldn't get too worried especially if the Drs aren't worried.  I thought for a true FSH level it is suppose to be done like on CD3.  No?????  Also, aren't you on FSH meds like Follistim or Gonal F??  So I'd think that your level would be higher if you are taking them.  I could be totally wrong though.  Thanks for the info on the Crinione... my first dose today was a breeze and didn't even have any discharge (TMI).  Hope everyday will be that easy.

Taxlady - Just ice the area for like 10mins before with like the real hard frozen ice packs not just a bag of ice.  I would have DH jab it in quick, like throwing a dart and then inject it slowly, then massage the area a bit afterwards.  Also, they say not to do it right before you go to bed.  You may know all of this stuff so sorry if it is a repeat.  Good luck.  Things are sounding good on your end.  Wow, 150 IU... you stimulate really well.  I think i was on 300 IU for my IVF.  You and I are  both on Crinone.  I haven't had any white chalky stuff at all.. who knows.  When do you start the progesterone?

Missme - how did you first day back go??  Fill us in!

Belly - how are you girl?  Haven't seen you in awhile?  Always thinking of you and sending positive vibes.

AFM - Can't believe we are so close to our transfer day.  Trying to get organized tonight b/c we leave after DH gets  home from work tomorrow which I'm hoping isn't too late (normally it is around 6pm).  It will take us about 5 hrs to get there tomorrow nigth.  Our transfer time is at 10am and we have to be there at 9:30am.  I think you lay there for an hour and then we will drive home me in the passengers side w/ the chair reclined then it is bedrest on the couch for the rest of the evening.  Thanks all for the positive vibes and comments!

#146 of 787 Old 03-29-2011, 06:13 AM

Prim, hoping for some good news today!

Dr. Blue, wow you are so close!!!  I am so excited for you!  (except for all that driving part, haha)  Your 2ww is going to kill me!

rcr, sorry about the FSH levels, but Dr. Blue is normally right so I'll hope she is again!  Also, sounds like you have lots of great follies for your IUI!

Taxlady, so close for you too!!!  This is going to be an exciting week for everyone.  Wishing you the best as well!!!

AFM, I am doing pretty good physically.  I am not supposed to lift 15lbs for 4 weeks, but that's impossible since my DD is 23lbs.  My DH took the first week off, then we had family stay with us last week, but this week I have been on my own.  I had picked her up out of the crib or up to change her diapers a couple of times over the weekend, but yesterday was really rough.  She is teething and wants to be carried, which I really can't do..it was hard enough changing diapers, lifting her up on her booster to eat, bath, and in/out of the crib.  So lot of tears (by both of us) but hoping today goes better.  I am just still trying to take the whole thing in, I am really scared of it happening again, and so worried that I'll never have another child.

Sending all the positive vibes I have to everyone this week!!! 

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#147 of 787 Old 03-29-2011, 06:52 AM

RCR.. I'm sorry that you feel down, but I hope Dr. Blue is right.  I mean, was the doctor concerned?  You have to just keep pushing along.  I really try not to think of all the numbers and what should be normal.  We're all so different.. you know?  Numbers are numbers used for statistics, they're not the be all and end all.  Like I just found out that 150 is a low dose of follistem.. who knew??  You just have to keep pushing forward.. that's all we can do!  

DR BLUE!  GOOD LUCK!!!  I'm so excited for you!!  We're going to be TWW buddies!!  That is a long drive, but a great way to pass a little of the bedrest.  GOOD LUCK.. oh did I already say that??  WELL I MEAN IT!!  I haven't started the Crinone yet, and I don't have a prescription for progesterone.  *shrug*  I left my directions at work, but I have a bag that contains an antibiotic, estridol, steroids, valium and ibruprofen.  Thanks for the advice on the trigger.. we have several ice bags from transporting the follistem, so I'll start wearing one now.  biglaugh.gifThat will be a good look at work today.  

Belly - I am glad you are feeling better, but it sounds kind of hard to be on your own again.  It will happen, you will have another child.. I just know it!  You've been through so much - there has got to be some good stuff coming your way!  Hang in there.  hug2.gif

Primi and Missme - how are you doing?

Kewpie - how about you?  

Kinza - when I first got the news that IVF and ICSI were our only option I was really sad.. but going through this process with these ladies has made me feel empowered.  I know that it doesn't always work, but at least I've been given the chance.  My MIL tried for 8 years.. nothing.  She and my FIL didn't have this sort of technology to help them and they have no idea what was wrong to this day.. so I think of that helpless feeling and feel blessed that medicine has advanced so far that we have options.  

#148 of 787 Old 03-29-2011, 11:55 AM

BLUE- So excited for you. Sending lots and lots of sticky vibes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!goodvibes.gif

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#149 of 787 Old 03-29-2011, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Hi everyone,

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up... I gave myself a mothering time-out for a couple weeks because I was getting upset about a thread on here... and that's never a good sign rolleyes.gif

But... today is Day 1, I called the fertility clinic this morning and it looks like we're going to try our first IVF cycle in May. I start birth control pills on Thursday, which seems SO weird to me. Hopefully they don't make me into an evil beeyatch.

We were going to wait another month, but the nurse said they can just keep me on the pill for a few extra days so that the timing doesn't conflict with our vacation with DP's parents... so we're excited to get started! I have a hysterosonogram next week, hopefully that isn't uncomfortable. They said that I should pee first, so I'm happy about that! Full bladder tests sound like NO FUN to me.

Anyway, sorry to be all about me today but I'm really happy to be moving forward with this. I've been feeling a bit low the past few days so this is a nice lift.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#150 of 787 Old 03-29-2011, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thanks guys I might come here and write about it all when I can.

Good luck blue and taxlady! I'm so excieted for you.  I shall stalk if I can.

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

Tags
Fertility Monitors , Fertility 60 Tips , Fertility Cycles Nutrition 4th Edition , Fertility Facts Conceive Magazine Editors , Fertility Demystified A Self Teaching Guide

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page