Spring IVF - Come and join the journey! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 787 Old 03-13-2011, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Anybody want to share the stress and excitement of this process together? If anybody wants their name off or put on the list , just let me know. Looking forward to meeting everyone and hoping we all will graduate soon. Let me know where you are in your IVF process by placing the information in BOLD and I will add you. Good luck to everyone and I look forward to getting to know you all!!! PS. We hope all of you graduates stick around to give advice and stalk away!!! STALKERS are welcome on this thread!!!

Spring IVF

Gathering Information/Money
blueyezz4 - Waiting

Prettyasanangel - Jan or Feb IVF

CassnBeth -moving towards IVF

Kinza - Hoping for IVF in May or June

Bungalowmama - Shooting for IVF in July

InWaiting - gathering info

Suppression

On Stims

Keria - 5/27/11

Taxlady 5/27/11

Trigger shot 
Taxlady 6/5/11

Egg Retrieval
 Keria - 6/3/11  

Taxlady 6/7/11

Embryo Transfer

Keria - 6/6/11

Taxlady 6/10/11

BellyBean 6/21/11 FET

Test Date

Purple Piggie 6/13/11 FET

Keria - 6/20/11

Spring BFP

Missme 3-21-11 pos.gif joy.gif

primipara 3-30-11 pos.gif joy.gif

Kewpie80 5/20/11 pos.gif joy.gif TWINS!

Laggie 6/3/11 pos.gif joy.gif

In our thoughts:

SIlverbird and DH candle.gif grouphug.gif We love you!

Our Fearless Predecessors
FtMPapa 1/26/10
Paytonsmommy 3/3/10
New Mama 3/19/10
KellyTTC#1 3/27/10

Samkris123 9/21

Slylives 10/4

Ratgrl - 10/16

Maurine - 11/23

Tear - Thanksgiving Day - 11/25

Sarahcecile 1-13-11

KristinaMarie 1-24-11

Sweetdynasty 2-14-114/234/23

Missme 3-21-11

primipara 3-30-11

Kewpie80 5-20-11

Laggie 6/3/11

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#2 of 787 Old 03-13-2011, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Kewpie - thanks for starting the Spring Thread!!!  Hope you are doing well!!!

Keria - Keep us posted on how your appt goes tomorrow!!!! 

Missme - thinking of you and hoping all is going well with your ET!!  Keep us posted.

Lyndi - Glad you are still feeling good and your E2 numbers are still at a really good place.  Keep us posted!  I''m really excited for you and Missme to bring us some BFP soon!!!!  We sure need some positives here!!!

AFM - just ordered my meds for my FET to come on Wed and I need to schedule my 1st U/S hopefully on Thurs morning, but won't be able to do that until tomorrow.   We will see.  Hope everyone else is doing good.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#3 of 787 Old 03-13-2011, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Blue - Ordering meds sure makes it more real, doesn't it?  We'll be getting ready to do that for our fresh one in about 2-3 weeks.  I need to schedule my SIS tomorrow too.

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#4 of 787 Old 03-13-2011, 06:40 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hi all- just posting so that I get notifications.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#5 of 787 Old 03-13-2011, 07:14 PM

I am watching everyone's stim protocols and egg retrievals with fascination. Sorry for the lack of personals; I turn out to have pneumonia for the second time this winter. Now I'm living in fear that my RE is going to want to cancel this cycle.

Beth, wife to Cass and SAHM to the little french goose, 6/17/09...and now also mom to a second wee girlie 2/6/12. Nursing with low supply, domperidone and a lact-aid.

#6 of 787 Old 03-14-2011, 06:42 AM

Kewpie - Thanks for starting the spring thread. My Beta is on March 25, if you want to add it to the first page. xoxo

single mama, started TTC Jan 2009, 12 IUIs w/frozen sperm, 3 self-insem w/fresh sperm; IVF cycle March 2011 gave me my beautiful daughter who is now 2 yrs old!!! Trying to make her a baby sibling from my frosties, 2 natural cycle FETs=bfn, on a medicated FET cycle now.
#7 of 787 Old 03-14-2011, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

cassnbeth - Oh NO!!  I hope you feel better soon.  How awful!

Missme - You're all updated now. thumb.gif

IVF #1 11 weeks

#8 of 787 Old 03-14-2011, 08:28 AM
rcr

Cass - My RE told me that the reason that they cancel cycles is because a high fever can impact egg quality, but if you are sick without a fever than you should be ok. Have you had a fever? Hope you feel better soon.

Blue  - my IUI meds are being ordered today too (actually I ordered them last week, but they are not sending them until today because I wanted to wait until we got paid on Friday). It does feel nice to order drugs. I am weirdly excited to get my box. I hope I will be able to just donate them to somebody who doesn't have infertility insurance, if this natural cycle worked. Doing injectibles for IUI used to scare me, until I did IVF. Now it is no big deal at all.

Kewpie - you can probably delete be from the lists above, since my IVF is over now. Maybe you can add me back to gathering info? Not that I am gathering info- I am just waiting. Maybe you could add "waiting" to the gathering into/funding list (we have all the info and funding we need, we are just doing a few natural cycles and iui's until we do IVF again)?

Lynd and Missme - thinking of you.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#9 of 787 Old 03-14-2011, 10:24 AM

Missme,  I am really hoping for your BFP!  It's my DH's Birthday, so maybe that can be his wish :)  Since it's so far after your transfer of blasts will you POAS before that?

Kewpie, can you remove my transfer and test information since we don't have new dates yet.  It will probably be in late April, but I'll update when it firms up.  Thanks for starting the Spring thread!

Lyndi, good luck this week!

AFM, still spotting with horrible cramping...boo, and now I have some sort of stomach bug...big boo! 

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#10 of 787 Old 03-14-2011, 12:09 PM
rcr

Sorry Belly. And getting sick too! Hugs to you.

Missme - that is the day after my birthday and the same day we conceived DS. If AF does not show up by my bday, I am going to test that day.

#11 of 787 Old 03-14-2011, 06:43 PM

rcr - my fingers are crossed that get to give those meds away!!  I waited until total last min to order mine b/c I wanted to make sure AF showed up and I wasn't wasting my own money.  I hope you get a great B-day present.  It is totally one of those things where you don't want to get your hopes up too high, but you want to try to keep thinking positive.  I totally know the feeling. Hope you got your meds today!!! Keep us posted.

Belly - so sorry to hear you are getting a bug!  Yuck!  Hope you feel better soon. I'm sure all this stress isn't helping at all either.  Hope you can rest and relax!  Take care.

Cass - So sorry to hear you have pneumonia!!  Are you on antibiotics?  Hope you can get lots of rest too and up your fluids too!!  Those are "Dr. Blue's" orders.  LOL!!!thumb.gif

Missme - How are you feeling girl???

Kewpie - What's going on with you?  Are you just on BCP right now???  What is your next step?  Oh i think you said SIS?  Why do you have to have one of those again or didn't you have one before?

AFM - My baselline U/S is scheduled for 7:30am on Thurs morning!!!  If all is clear there, I'll start stims on Thurs night CD5.  Kinda excited to get things going.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#12 of 787 Old 03-15-2011, 06:10 AM

Blue  great about your FET did you decided if you are going to trasfer 2 or 3?

My appoinment yesterday went ok sort of, she saw "something"  in my endometrium that was not supposed to be there, she said it coud be a blood clot from AF or something else she dilated my cervix (ouch) to see if it comes out and I started  my stims yesterday I have my next u/s on friday if they can still see something in the endometrium we'll cancel the cycle and do a hysteroscopy to remove it if not go ahead with the IUI. I wonder if that something was there before and it was what made the baby not stick, either way if this IUI does not work I'm getting a hysteroscopy anyways to make sure everything is fine.

Mismee fingers crossed for you are you ging to poas?

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#13 of 787 Old 03-15-2011, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter

Belly bean - Double boo!  I hope you feel better soon.

Blue - I had one with my last cycle already.  I guess they do it before each one at my clinic?  I'm NOT looking forward to it.  Yeah, I'm just doing BCP at the moment.  After I have my SIS, then the coordinating nurse is supposed to call me and let me know when to order my meds.

SO excited for you to start stims finally!  wahoo!

Keria - Oh, I hope it's nothing to worry about!!!

Missme - How you feeling?

IVF #1 11 weeks

#14 of 787 Old 03-15-2011, 07:27 AM

I am new to this forum, but not new to infertility (secondary). I have been lurking since an unexpected miscarriage at 12 weeks after a successful first IVF in September. We have four frozen day 5 embryos and it looks like we will be proceeding with a FET this spring.

Working mama to one seven year old daughter. 
#15 of 787 Old 03-15-2011, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome Julieven!  I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. hug2.gif Many of us have been there and can lend an ear if you need us.  

Would you like me to add you to our list at the top of the page?

IVF #1 11 weeks

#16 of 787 Old 03-15-2011, 02:23 PM

I am sorry everyone, I can't do personals today.

The cramping got so bad yesterday and last night I went to the ER.  Dr. Blue was right, I was pregnant.  With the pain and the negative beta after my cycle, once I got a positive urine test there it was obvious to me it was ectopic.  Of course they needed to do their due dillegence and after 7 hours of testing/ultrasounds and waiting they finally rushed me to the OR.  Since it was 4 weeks post transfer, it had ruptured my tube, blood was filling in my stomach, and both the tube and baby had to be removed.  It's my first loss, and I am taking it really hard.  Not sure how it kept growing once I stopped the progesterone, but he/she was certainly a little miracle.  They took some pictures during surgery and one you can see the perfect profile of the baby in the tube...so sad.  Had to cancel our vacation since we were leaving tomorrow.  I just got home, but haven't slept since Sunday, so I really need a nap.

Best wishes and baby dust to all!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#17 of 787 Old 03-15-2011, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Bellybean - Big hugs! hug2.gif mecry.gif   That is crushing news.  I know nothing will take the pain away, but know that I am very sorry.  

IVF #1 11 weeks

#18 of 787 Old 03-15-2011, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi all,

Sorry to be MIA, just mega busy with work, illness, birthdays etc.  Anyway just wanted to do a quick post so you know not worry about me if I'm not about much.  No real fertility news with us anyway just me waiting for my op in aug and the possiblity of dh's useless spinal doctor doing rectal stimulation with him.

Anyway I stalk when I can and think of you guys often and remeber you all in my prayers.

I won't do a whole bunch of personals as I can't remember whats happenign with everyone but hug2.gif to you poor belly bean what dreadful news and you to keria on you BFN.  And good luck to missme in your tww, to blue and all strating on your cycle and to all in genral.

Silverbird

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#19 of 787 Old 03-15-2011, 03:38 PM

Oh belly I'm so sorry,.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#20 of 787 Old 03-15-2011, 04:45 PM

Belly -  OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry!!!!!!  hug.gif  I can't even believe it.  I don't even know what to say to you right now and I know nothing at all can even help the pain and sadness that you are going through.  I truly wish I could be there with you to give you a hug and let you cry on my shoulder as I cry with you!!!  Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.  Be sure to take care of yourself and know that we are all here for you.  Man!  This so bums me out!  candle.gif

Julieven - Welcome!! I hope your stay here is short.  You say your doing a FET in the Spring does that mean like next month or when do you think you may start?  Glad you are joining us, even though I truly wish we were all meeting on a due date club instead.  Keep us posted.

Silver - glad to hear from you.  What do you mean an "OP"??

#21 of 787 Old 03-15-2011, 06:55 PM

Belly -- oh no! how scary! I'm so very sorry. Please be gentle with yourself and get as much rest as you can.

Beth, wife to Cass and SAHM to the little french goose, 6/17/09...and now also mom to a second wee girlie 2/6/12. Nursing with low supply, domperidone and a lact-aid.

#22 of 787 Old 03-15-2011, 07:06 PM

Bellybean- Oh my gosh...I know Im sorry can resolve the pain but I hope that your husband is their to give you big hugs and hold you while you cry...I also will keep you in my prayers!hug2.gif

Missme-I hoping you are keeping busy during your 2ww!  Hope you hear great news in 10 days!!goodvibes.gif

AFM- I triggered tonight!!..  I also had an u/s today and they are thinking that at least 20-25 follies are mature and maybe more. They said don't be surprised if you get 20 or more eggs at retrieval.  My retrieval is Thursday morning at 9:30am and transfer is on saturday.  We will be putting two back in!!  Then the 2ww begins!  I am glad that this cycle is moving toward the end!!  I will be ok is this cycle is a BFN as long as I have frosties for a FET.  I am not getting my hopes up to early since this is my first cycle.  I am okay with trying again in a couple months!!!

Blue- Good luck Blue on your u/s on Thursday, I will be thinking of you!!!joy.gif

#23 of 787 Old 03-16-2011, 12:53 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyezz4 View Post

Silver - glad to hear from you.  What do you mean an "OP"??

Sorry for not being clear I ment op as in operation.  I should be having an operation to remove scar tissue from my ovary in aug.  we r now in the scary place where both dh and myself and preparing for possible surgery though he hasn't totally decided and we don't know when his would be.

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#24 of 787 Old 03-16-2011, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

lyndiramos - Woo-hoo!  Congrats on making it to trigger day!  I'll be praying your doctor is right and you gets lots-o-eggs!

IVF #1 11 weeks

#25 of 787 Old 03-16-2011, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter

AFM - Oh man... these cramps are the worst I've ever had in my life.  I was warned that the first after a m/c is bad, but I was not prepared for this.  And they seem to not want to let up.  My first 3 days were pretty light and I was thinking it wasn't bad at all and then Sunday came and everything changed.  I guess I should be glad that this means I'm definitely having a period and not just spotting but man o man!  

The funny thing is, exercise seems to help, so I've already walked 4.5 miles this morning and I'm scrubbing my whole house cause I can't sit still or I'm in agony.  haha  I'll be glad when this is over and can enjoy my squeeky clean home. 

IVF #1 11 weeks

#26 of 787 Old 03-16-2011, 01:47 PM

Kewpie - If you want to add me to the list, I would be waiting.

Bellybean - I am so sorry for your loss.

Blue - I have to wait for cycle day 1. Since it looks like nothing turned up with all the miscarriage blood tests, I just have to get another sonohystogram before I can officially start the FET cycle.

Lyndiramos - That sounds like a really good stim. Best wishes on the transfer.

Working mama to one seven year old daughter. 
#27 of 787 Old 03-16-2011, 03:34 PM

BellyBean - I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm absolutely heartbroken for you. How I wish I could help you in some way. Please know that I'm thinking of you and your family and praying for your recovery, both of your body and heart. My sister went through it in her fresh cycle, and it was a tough road, for sure. Sending lots of love your way, poor girl. xo

single mama, started TTC Jan 2009, 12 IUIs w/frozen sperm, 3 self-insem w/fresh sperm; IVF cycle March 2011 gave me my beautiful daughter who is now 2 yrs old!!! Trying to make her a baby sibling from my frosties, 2 natural cycle FETs=bfn, on a medicated FET cycle now.
#28 of 787 Old 03-16-2011, 03:43 PM

julieven - welcome! hope your stay is short and sweet.

lyndiramos - congrats on your trigger!!! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear how many eggs you get! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning...have fun...I was so excited to finally be doing mine that I really enjoyed it all even though it hurt!

Kewpie - man, I'm sorry you're sore. Good to know exercise helps. Are you allowed to take anything other than tylenol? 

#29 of 787 Old 03-16-2011, 03:56 PM

keria - sorry to hear there's something unusual in your uterus. you'll find out more on Friday, right? Let us know.

blue - so excited that you get to start things up tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow at 7:30, LOL!

silverbird - thanks for stopping by...we do worry when someone doesn't post for a while! Your husband's procedure sounds horrible! I hope you're doing okay in the meantime.

cassnbeth - are you feeling better? any news about your cycle?

AFM - I'm am feeling great - OHSS symptoms have dissipated and I'm feeling super hopeful. I've decided not to be superstitious and to throw caution to the wind and dream and talk to my little bean - As my sister says, pregnant till proven otherwise. I doubt that I'll POAS, as I'd rather wait and know for sure...don't want to agonize over lines. But ask me again in a week! We'll see then if I'm still so tough!

#30 of 787 Old 03-16-2011, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Blue - Thinking about you! Good luck tomorrow!!

julieven - You've been added.  Welcome to the group.  I hope your stay here is short.

missme - I can take just about anything up until my next transfer.  I've been taking ibuprofen, but it's barely taking the edge off.  

Absolutely talk to your lil bean!  It can't hurt and I think it helps.  I talked to mine too... actually, I still do. 

IVF #1 11 weeks

Tags
Fertility Monitors , Fertility 60 Tips , Fertility Cycles Nutrition 4th Edition , Fertility Facts Conceive Magazine Editors , Fertility Demystified A Self Teaching Guide

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page