What Femara (letrozole) regimen did your doctor prescribe? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-31-2011, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)

If I understand my RE correctly, he is going to have me take Femara (letrozole) for the first 10 days of my cycle, do an ultrasound, and then an hCG trigger (maybe - I don't know about the trigger yet). I'm a little confused because it seems like most people don't start the Femara until around CD5. Any experiences?

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and a (10/6/14)

PCOS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-01-2011, 02:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post

If I understand my RE correctly, he is going to have me take Femara (letrozole) for the first 10 days of my cycle, do an ultrasound, and then an hCG trigger (maybe - I don't know about the trigger yet). I'm a little confused because it seems like most people don't start the Femara until around CD5. Any experiences?

if you look at one of my last posts in the Infertility One thread I have a list of every day of my cycle and what day I took my medications.  I think when we are seeing RE's they will have us start medication whenever...because i was like on a lot later cycle day before i was able to even take any medication due to having ohss the cycle before.  I'm sure that it's okay ...it will probably allow you to catch an eggie early!! I hope that the Femera works for you! I was happy that it worked for me!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#3 of 3 Old 04-04-2011, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)

Okay, apparently I was getting the dexamethasone and letrezole schedules confused. (Not hard to do, as my RE consistently fails to mention things to me, like that he wants me on progesterone suppositories during the TWW.) But I'll actually be taking it from Day 3 - Day 7.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and a (10/6/14)

PCOS

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page