PCOS TTC for 3 yrs. Negative day 21 Progesterone but I FEEL Preggers - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-11-2011, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello all!

Just a little background about myself. 24 years young. Married to DH for 3 years, TTC for the same. Was diagnosed with PCOS Oct. 10'. Overweight by 100lbs, eat healthy, excercise fairly regularly. Started Weight Watchers this month. I have never had normal periods. Sometimes going 4-6 months without one. Went to endocronologist and was placed on 500mg of Metformin twice daily about 3 weeks ago. Did 1 cycle of Clomid 50mg days 5-9 in February, and finished 2nd cycle @ 100mg 5-9 this month. Am currently on CD 24. Tested progesterone on CD 21 and got the call today that it came back negative. Dr. Thinks maybe I ovulated sooner than CD 14 and thats why my levels are low. 

I have been cramping heavily for the last week, with food interest changes (love popcorn now when I have hated it for 20 yrs, randomly overcome with exhaustion, slightly more moody than normal, breast sensitivity, and I just feel preggers. Have a bloated, and hollowish feeling in my stomach almost constantly. Not sleeping well, loss in appetite at the thought of food at times.

Doc told me to take a HPT on the 16th which would be CD 29, if neg to come in for blood preg test. Here is my question. Is it possible to ovulate that early and be showing all of these symptoms w/out a higher progesterone test? Doc told me progesterone dips after you get pregnant and then starts to go up at the end of the 1st trimester. Also, is it possible that all of these symptoms are me ovulating late? Any advice, stories, anything would be helpful :-)

Side note: I am a Vet Technician with access to an ultrasound machine. Being the impatient person I am, I am considering using it to see if I can find a tell tale circle! What do you think? :-)

Marie

#2 of 2 Old 04-11-2011, 11:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Marie - Welcome!!!  I hope your stay here is brief!

In my 'I-really-should-go-to-bed' brain....

Reaction:

If your progesterone test drawn on CD 21 was negative (in my translation, negative means a number below .2), that sounds like you hadn't ovulated yet - during the luteal phase, your progesterone should be higher (which is what causes higher BBT).  hmmm... (again, late-for-me brain here...)

Questions:

Are you charting (or even taking) your basal body temperature (BBT) every morning, at the same time, before you get out of bed?  If so, did you see a temp spike around CD 21?  Are you checking your CM/CP (Cervical mucus/cervical position)?  If so, did you have EWCM before CD 21 (egg-white CM) indicating a fertile time?  

More thoughts:

Just my opinion, I might wait a few months before doing cycle 3 of clomid.  I started on 500 of met. BID for a month, and then upped it to 750XR BID after the 1st month... I noticed a more "reliable" set of symptoms on my chart toward the end of the 3rd month of met.  A lot of docs (or so I've heard) won't do more than 3 cycles of clomid... my thoughts are to get my body to do it's best job before I, um, augment, it (e.g. get my body to try to ovulate predictibly without clomid before considering clomid or femara or... or... or... [only my opinion of how my husband and I want to TTC - I have NO issues with others trying other meds/ART... I am only using my situation as an example - of what I do, NOT what I think others should!]).

Conclusion:

Rainy needs to go to sleep!  

Well, I hope none of my questions need to be answered, 'cause you're already preggo!!!!  

--Rainy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page