clomid ladies - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 359 Old 07-11-2011, 05:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

airforcegirl I'm feeling fine now thanks for asking :). How about you. Any updates!?!

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

#122 of 359 Old 07-11-2011, 06:58 PM

Well, I'm 12dpiui and trying like heck not to POAS.  I just don't want the disappointment of seeing a BFN, so I'm trying to wait until Wednesday night.  AF should be here by then or I'll see a positive hpt!  

Keeping my fingers crossed for everybody this month. 

#123 of 359 Old 07-14-2011, 05:10 PM

I have a question! Since it has to do with Clomid I'll post here first and see if anyone knows :).

I'm at 9DPO today and just made my appt with my new OB (my previous one closed her practice last week argh). They can't see me until August 2, which if AF comes when she is meant to - I know, hopefully she doesn't come at all - but if she does, then August 2 would be CD15..too late for any monitoring to give us the go ahead for BD. 

What I want to know is has anyone with PCOS taken Clomid unmonitored? Should I call the OBs office and enquire or maybe see my GP about getting an U/S through her? What would you do?

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

#124 of 359 Old 07-14-2011, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

tantylynn- not sure with pcos. hopefully someone has an answer. 

airforcegirl- crossing fingers!

afm- its my 3rd and last cycle of clomid. 100 mg. 10 dpo BFN. :(  boooo!!!!

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#125 of 359 Old 07-15-2011, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

anyone care to take a gander and let me know what you think?

ill just test again tomorow, but its fun to hope for now!!!!

http://canyouseealine.com/view_home_pregnancy_test.php?testID=13461

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif

#126 of 359 Old 07-16-2011, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

update: FRER=BFN

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif

#127 of 359 Old 07-17-2011, 06:34 PM

Aw I'm sorry Vivica hug2.gif

AFM, This chart has looked nothing like my previous charts and it's freaking me out. AF is supposed to arrive tomorrow but my temp is still up and I have no spotting at all (I usually have atleast 4 days of it...). Does Clomid totally throw everyone's normal chart patterns out the window or am I the only one? 

#128 of 359 Old 07-18-2011, 04:59 AM

This chart looks nothing like my others because I've never been pregnant! BFP!!!! http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd387/tlynn20/BFP.jpg Now I'm just praying it sticks, so nervous about the increased risk of miscarriage b/c of PCOS...

#129 of 359 Old 07-18-2011, 05:35 AM

jumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifCongratulations TLYNN!jumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gif

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#130 of 359 Old 07-18-2011, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter

congrats!!!!

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif

#131 of 359 Old 07-18-2011, 11:29 AM

Congratulations tantylynn!!!!  What exciting news!  And your first try with Clomid!  I'm also on my first round of clomid and should be ovulating any day..I'm so nervous!!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantylynn View Post

This chart looks nothing like my others because I've never been pregnant! BFP!!!! http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd387/tlynn20/BFP.jpg Now I'm just praying it sticks, so nervous about the increased risk of miscarriage b/c of PCOS...

Passionate homemaking wash.gif dishes.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifmama to Christopher (11/07), Evan (2/10), and Wyatt due in July!! jumpers.gif  In love with my amazing husband <3

***4***8***12***16***stork-boy.gif***24***28***32***36***40**  Praying for a vbac.gif

#132 of 359 Old 07-20-2011, 10:10 AM

Alright ladies....so I'm getting all worked up and I'm hoping you all made provide some knowledge that will reassure me...  this is my first round of clomid @ 50mg, days 3-7.  Previously, my body was near text-book as far as CM leading up to ovulation.  I always knew exactly when I was about to ovulate.  I am now 7 days out from my last clomid pill and there is NO sign that ovulation is going to happen--as far as CM goes.  I have used OPK tests and they're all negative...there is a test line showing, but much lighter than the reference line.  So now I'm freaking out that I'm not even going to ovulate!

So my questions are:

-should my CM be the same?

-is it possible that I won't ovulate? (I've always ovulated...but my LP was way too short)

-does the faint test line mean that I will ovulate...that it's just "building up?"

Thanks in advance!!

Passionate homemaking wash.gif dishes.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifmama to Christopher (11/07), Evan (2/10), and Wyatt due in July!! jumpers.gif  In love with my amazing husband <3

***4***8***12***16***stork-boy.gif***24***28***32***36***40**  Praying for a vbac.gif

#133 of 359 Old 07-20-2011, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

beccabus - you may notice a change in your CM on Clomid. One of the side effects of the medication is that it reduces CM. Also for some people, OPK's get gradually darker over a few days so keep taking them, I'm sure you will get a clear + in the next day or two (though as a side note, I never got a fully + OPK last month, and I still ovulated). And don't worry, you will DEFINITELY ovulate. Sometimes the Clomid makes ovulation happen a bit later, that's what it did to me. It might reassure you to hear that this month I ovulated 11 days after my last Clomid pill (about 3 days later than normal for me).

AFM - has anyone had crazy hunger during your LP while taking Clomid? I just entered my LP and just like last month I am STARVING all the time... I feel like I could eat a horse!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#134 of 359 Old 07-24-2011, 12:39 AM

So glad to find this thread!  I'm just finishing my first cycle with Clomid - tomorrow is 11dpo, so I could probably test, but I'm scared to...  I saw my acupuncturist at 7dpo, and she didn't seem to think I'm PG (she said she didn't feel a difference in my pulse), so I'm assuming I'm not PG.  So I'm not sure if I'll test, or just wait for AF to arrive.

To quickly summarize, I took 50mg Clomid right before bed on days 4-8 (OBGyn said days 5-9, I cheated and started 12 hours early ;))  We DTD days 8-14, and I O'd right on schedule on day 14.  I thought it would be delayed a bit, but it wasn't.  I didn't notice much CF, but I don't usually have a lot - I might have to try preseed next cycle.  I've been taking 200mg progesterone (inserted vaginally before bed) since O - my luteal phase is usually only 10-11 days, so we're trying to lengthen that a bit.  So I'm not sure when AF is supposed to arrive - I probably should test by 14dpo, but we'll see...

Anyways, I'm not overly optimistic that Clomid will work for me - not sure why, just feeling like it's not going to make a big difference, since I do O on my own.  But this is our last attempt to get PG before we stop trying and move on, so I have to give it a go.

Hope to see some more BFPs soon for everyone here!

Loving mommy to DS, born April 2007.  Trying for baby #2 since December 2008. 
#135 of 359 Old 07-24-2011, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

airforcegirl- any update?

beccabus-  it will probably change your cm, but not always. and yes, a faint line coudl mean you will ovulate, or it could mean you wont! haha. i get faint lines on every test i take, and it slowly builds to a pos. 

sourire- not me, im pretty sure its cuz your preg. ;)

tryingfor2- 7dpo is too early to know if you are pregant, the egg hasnt implanted yet (most likely) so you coudl still be pregnant, it just wouldnt have happened so early. do you chart? is that how you knwo you ovulated? i did progesterone last cycle and it worked great at lengthening my cycle. good luck to you!

afm- cd 6, decided to do one last round of clomid. its my 4th...so my last. (i know i said that before) if it doesnt work this cycle, were stopping trying. not preventing, but im just resigning to the fact that i will only have 2 children. and im ok with that...at least i will be...eventualy. 

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif

#136 of 359 Old 07-24-2011, 06:16 PM

Tryingfortwo--welcome and best of luck ttc this cycle!  I hope clomid lengthens your LP!

vivica2--I don't blame you on trying another cycle...I think it's a very hard thing to just stop.  Praying this cycle will be it for you and your hubs :)

AFM--Today is cycle day 18 and no ovulation yet--according to my temp.  I took clomid days 3-7 and I feel discouraged that I may not ovulate :(  I've always ovulated late, but everything else was really textbook about except my short LP.  Maybe my body is just being stubborn and wants to ovulate late like it usually does??  I don't know.  Is pregnancy less likely if I ovulate late?

#137 of 359 Old 07-24-2011, 08:50 PM

Hello Clomid ladies! Not on Clomid yet, just lurking and trying to learn what I can before I it comes to that point. It seems many of you are taking it for LP issues. My problem is: I. Rarely. Ovulate. bawling.gif Today marks the start of 8 months TTC. I've only managed to ovulate 3 times during that time. We caught 1 egg, that sadly ended in a very early loss. So now I'm trying to be as patient as I can waiting out this first post miscarriage cycle. I'm guessing because I seem to be struggling so much to O on my own that I would pretty easily be prescribed Clomid. The plan is to continue acupuncture and make an appointment as we get closer to the 1 year mark. I guess my questions are 1) For those who don't O well on their own, how has Clomid worked for you? 2) What about getting AF so you could start Clomid? Did you try to schedule around when you thought you might finally get AF? Opt for Provera? How did that work for you? I'm pretty sure my acupuncturist could stimulate AF too...hmm. I really just want to ovulate and have a chance...

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#138 of 359 Old 07-25-2011, 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivica2 View Post

tryingfor2- 7dpo is too early to know if you are pregant, the egg hasnt implanted yet (most likely) so you coudl still be pregnant, it just wouldnt have happened so early. do you chart? is that how you knwo you ovulated? i did progesterone last cycle and it worked great at lengthening my cycle. good luck to you!

Interestingly, acupuncturists can often detect a change in your pulse very early, even before a pregnancy test would show a positive, and possibly even before an egg has implanted! Don't ask me how, but I've actually heard it mentioned a lot! I do chart (have charted for years and years, actually), and have also been using OPKs the past few months, so am pretty confident with my O date. Today is 11dpo and still no sign of AF, which is good :) My temps have stayed very level over the past week, though, so definitely not triphasic. If it jumps up, I might test - otherwise, I'll probably just wait for AF to arrive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabus View Post

Is pregnancy less likely if I ovulate late?

Actually, my naturopath wanted to try to delay my ovulation by a few days, in order to let the egg mature a bit more.  So I don't know for sure, but ovulating late might not necessarily be a bad thing.  If your egg quality is poor, then maybe a few extra days is a good thing.  I think it might be an issue if it were really late.  Anyways, I hope you do O soon!

#139 of 359 Old 07-28-2011, 12:52 AM

Well, not PG this cycle - AF arrived yesterday, 13dpo.  So I guess a 12 day luteal phase isn't too bad, I was hoping for a bit longer but oh well.  I had an interesting phone conversation with my OBGyn this evening (was surprised he called me instead of his nurse) - since I already ovulate on my own, he wasn't sure if Clomid was going to help much, or if increasing my dose from 50mg to 100mg was going to do anything.  Basically confirmed what I'd been feeling, that it's a bit of a crap shoot since we don't know what's going on.  He's recommended the Conception Kit over and over again - has anyone here ever looked into that?  I'm not overly keen on it, I don't like the one-shot-a-month aspect of it, and it seems a bit tricky to use (and I use a menstrual cup, so I'm already used to inserting something like that...)  But we're nearing the end of our options, and I'm less optimistic Clomid will work for us after the conversation tonight...

#140 of 359 Old 07-28-2011, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

well my Clomid days are officially over. My 3rd cycle of Clomid was a bust, I doubt I will be taking it again. Best of luck to the rest of you ladies.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#141 of 359 Old 07-30-2011, 01:11 PM

Hi ladies!  So I sat and read this forum with great enthusiasm at finding other ladies who are going through the same thing(s) I am.....trying to ovulate and have a baby.....babyf.gif

Had normals cycles most of my life.....then got married.....had 3 miscarriages......normal cycles again, then an HSG and everything went 'to pot!'  Can anyone else relate????!!!  privateeyes.gif

Sooooo since the HSG, I've had cycles that have been all over the place - 18, 25, 27 days with spotting for a week, then AF, then more spotting, 3-5 days of nothing then back to spotting and AF.  I spoke to the OB in May and explained situation to her and told her I thought I wasn't ovulating.  2 21 progesterones confirmed it (1.5, 7 -- suppose to be 15-95).....so she decided to start me on Metformin.  Now 2 more cycles in and another doctor has decided to start me on Clomid and stop the waiting game.

Not much monitoring going on, or even available.....I was told I had to have bloodwork done day 2,3,4 of my cycle and then 21,22,23,24.....

Started Clomid last night cd5.....taking 50mg.  Only side effect I had was crazy dizziness within 1/2 hour of taking the pill.....it was bedtime anyhow, so I just went to sleep....feel fine today.

Still taking Metformin and now Clomid....was taking ChasteTree tincture, but it isn't recommended with Clomid, so I've stopped....

Praying it works this cycle  praying.gif.  Been trying since January to concieve - have had 8 cycles since then....I am beginning to really not like the sight of AF these days!

Would really love to keep hearing from all of you.  The support 'sounds' amazing.... 

stillheart.gif

me (35)  photosmile2.gif  registered midwife...married the love of my life  love.gif  (DH 49)  07/10.  TTC #1.  3 little  angel.gif  in heaven....03/10 / 09/10 / 11/10.  Crazy cycles since 2/11!  praying.gif  for our little miracle.  Adopted wee lad 11/18/11 into our family.  babyf.gif

#142 of 359 Old 08-01-2011, 06:55 PM

Welcome babycatcher!  I do not have any experience in your area, but I'm sure there are some women here who have!  Keep posting!

Sad to see some of you moving on...but also hoping that moving on from clomid may mean moving on to something that will work for you!!  

Anyone wanna peek at my chart?  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/244f14

I'm not understanding why FF doesn't say I ovulated on CD 17??  any guesses??

#143 of 359 Old 08-03-2011, 10:47 AM

Hello and best wishes to everyone!

I have been lurking for a few months, learning so much for everyone's experiences. Now I am joining this thread as I am going to start clomid this month. I will take my first 50 mg pill tomorrow night (CD2-6). My experience ttc is maybe not so typical, but my gyn thought that clomid was the way to go, so we'll try for 3 months and then assess the situation.

I'm in my mid 30s and for the past 2 years waiting for the "right" time to ttc (very naive, I know). We were using a diaphragm, but I have had consistent mid-cycle spotting throughout this time (periods every 29-30 days, spotting/light bleeding every month at 15 days). I had my hormones checked last year and everything was fine, not close to pre-menopausal levels or anything, so my gyn was unsure as to whether I was having a mini period or what, but was pretty certain I wasn't ovulating. I had a sonogram and nothing was detected, either.

This Jan she put me on (horrible) bc pills to "regulate" my cycles and I really did not think it was working. I didn't discover Taking control of your fertility until last month, when I could also start temping. On the pills I still had the mid-cycle bleeding, as well as terrible bloating and pms, fibrous breasts, weight gain, no energy to exercise. But, June was my last month on them and during July I had no mid-cycle bleeding (yay!) and I charted. According to fertilityfriend, I did ovulate, but I was using opk and didn't get a positive (I also did not have the directions with me and did not know to wait 4 hours, but I drink so much water I still don't know how I'll be able to use them this cycle). I think there was one day that the strip in general was quite pink, but I NEVER got any test lines. I am concerned about using the opk's again and need some advice about a good brand (I was using earlypregnancytests own). I did have other secondary signs that I ovulated, cramps, ew cm, tender breasts, but obviously I did not get preg.

I do think it may be jumping the gun to start so quickly on clomid, but with my history and our motivation to get a bfp within the next 4 months for personal and professional (complicated) reasons, here I am.

Any thoughts about my story and/or suggestions about the opks? Thanks!

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#144 of 359 Old 08-05-2011, 10:56 AM

andaluza--Welcome!  I didn't have luck with opk's last month either..  I always had a faint line, but never a positive..  so I don't really have any suggestions for you, sorry!

AFM--AF arrived today and my LP was only 10 days... boo...  not sure what we'll do this month..

#145 of 359 Old 08-05-2011, 04:45 PM

i have pcos. all my clomid cycles were and will be unmonitored

#146 of 359 Old 08-06-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andaluza View Post

This Jan she put me on (horrible) bc pills to "regulate" my cycles and I really did not think it was working. I didn't discover Taking control of your fertility until last month, when I could also start temping. On the pills I still had the mid-cycle bleeding, as well as terrible bloating and pms, fibrous breasts, weight gain, no energy to exercise. But, June was my last month on them and during July I had no mid-cycle bleeding (yay!) and I charted. According to fertilityfriend, I did ovulate, but I was using opk and didn't get a positive (I also did not have the directions with me and did not know to wait 4 hours, but I drink so much water I still don't know how I'll be able to use them this cycle). I think there was one day that the strip in general was quite pink, but I NEVER got any test lines. I am concerned about using the opk's again and need some advice about a good brand (I was using earlypregnancytests own). I did have other secondary signs that I ovulated, cramps, ew cm, tender breasts, but obviously I did not get preg.

I do think it may be jumping the gun to start so quickly on clomid, but with my history and our motivation to get a bfp within the next 4 months for personal and professional (complicated) reasons, here I am.

Any thoughts about my story and/or suggestions about the opks? Thanks!

I don't ever have obviously positive OPKs, but I have kind of learned what my positive looks like.  I test twice a day, at around noon and then again before bed.  My surges don't seem to last a long time, so I think testing twice a day is better for me - otherwise, I might miss my "almost positive'.  Anyways, before the surge, my test line is quite faint, and usually is very slow to appear.  However, when I have my "almost positive" OPK, the test line appears very quickly - it never gets darker than the control line, but it is close.  The next time I test, the test line won't be as dark and won't appear so quickly, so I'll know I had my surge and will be O'ing soon. So anyways, maybe that will be helpful for you.

If you want to share your charts, we can look at your temps and see if it indicates ovulation.

#147 of 359 Old 08-07-2011, 06:24 AM

Thanks for the welcome beccabus and sorry about the short lp. 

Tryingfortwo. I've decided this month to try the first response digital, the one where you start testing cd 5 (that would be today for me) so that the test gets to know your hormonal levels. We'll see how that goes. At any rate, with the clomid I'll be tested cd 23, so we'll know with more certainty if I ovulated.

With the earlypregnancytests opks, I was only testing once a day, usually in the afternoon or early evening and I never even had a faint line, despite the possible ovulation that my temps and other signs indicated, just a test strip that stayed pink in general. Here is my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35e363/ But I wasn't temping at the same time every day and I wasn't sleeping soundly, which probably contributed to the volatility of the first 2.5 weeks.

So far I've taken 3 clomid tablets (at night before bed) and they make me really sleepy, but I haven't noticed any other symptoms from the clomid during the day. 

Best wishes everyone!

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#148 of 359 Old 08-07-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andaluza View Post

With the earlypregnancytests opks, I was only testing once a day, usually in the afternoon or early evening and I never even had a faint line, despite the possible ovulation that my temps and other signs indicated, just a test strip that stayed pink in general. Here is my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35e363/ But I wasn't temping at the same time every day and I wasn't sleeping soundly, which probably contributed to the volatility of the first 2.5 weeks.

Interesting - I definitely wouldn't have said the O date that fertility friend did, since you saw egg-white CF up to day 15.  I would probably say O happened sometime between day 16 and 20, when you weren't taking your temp, so it's hard to pinpoint the exact date.  Were you using OPKs during that time? Not sure if you stopped using them once fertility friend said you O'd.  But anyways, if you stopped using them on day 12, then it's quite possible you never got a positive because you hadn't gotten close to your O date yet.  I hope you have more luck this cycle, I think the digital tests are less ambiguous (I've never used them...)

#149 of 359 Old 08-07-2011, 11:09 AM

Hi tryingfortwo, thank you for your analysis!

I didn't have internet access last month and entered all the temps manually when I returned from my trip. I definitely felt a lot of cramping, especially from the 16-20, and I wondered then if it had to do with ovulating. Maybe my body was trying and didn't even manage to ovulate?

I did still use the opks until they ran out...around the 21st...and think that the one that stayed really pink was closer to the 16th. However, (may be tmi), dh and I were bd every day and I wasn't careful about eliminating the previous day's deposits, so to speak, which I read in Taking charge of your fertility when I returned. Perhaps that confused me about the ewcm, too. I was also taking Guaifenesin, so another possibility is that it works really well for me. 

So, I've definitely learned a lot from last month's attempts and the helpful comments from you and others here joy.gif

best wishes to all!

#150 of 359 Old 08-07-2011, 12:00 PM

my opks are positive for weeks so i go by cervical mucus

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page