~~~~~MAY 2011 INFERTILITY ONE THREAD!!!!~~~~~ - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-20-2011, 01:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Regarding CM, I drank cranberry juice to improve mine. It gave me a lot of EWCM, whereas I had very little before. Some people drink grapefruit juice instead. I guess it depends on which taste you can stand. winky.gif There's also a product called "FertileCM", though I don't have any personal experience with it.

So, I will be 6 weeks on Sunday and have my first appointment on the Monday one week later. Anxiously waiting.

Sending you all fertile vibes!

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2011, 10:10 AM

Thanks everyone for all the words of support! Yeah, the insurance rep said to me, explaining the policy: "If the tumor is not causing you any harm other than the inability to conceive, than treatment is not covered." Me: "I don't understand how you could possibly characterize a tumor that inhibits the reproductive system as 'not causing harm'." Rep: "Well, we can talk philosophy all day but your policy doesn't cover this treatment." Seriously?!!! BUT, then I talked to my awesome RE's office and found a workaround that we can use...such relief.

As it turns out, though, on cd4 I already had a dominant follicle - 15mm! The RE says it's just something that can happen sometimes and not to worry. Has anyone heard of this? Could it have to do with triggered ovulation - getting a "leftover" follicle that jumps ahead early on the next cycle? Or progesterone, which artificially prolonged my last cycle? I would have been on cd8 instead of of cd4 without the progesterone. The RE thinks it's a a regular ol' egg-containing graafian follicle and that I will probably ovulate earlier, that's all. She also mentioned that each woman has an individual threshold for triggering an LH surge, meaning that some will ovulate naturally with an 18mm follicle while others won't ovulate until the follicle reaches 25mm. Interesting, huh? She suspects I'm just naturally on the higher end.

Tantylynn, Thinking of you and hoping that your cyst is resolving itself and you get only GOOD news from the tests. It must be beyond frustrating, waiting for to know.

Brichole, Actually I am inspired to hear that you were able to go from no house to beautiful house in 3 months! Where I'm from it's common to "buy on paper" (buy a house before it's built for a reduced price) but its can take years before the house/apartment is actually built. You are making me daydream about house hunting! Congratulations on getting your closing date!

Renavoo, I'm so sorry to hear that your insurance policy is being as awful to you as mine! Blech. I so very much admire your positive outlook in dealing with the "unexplained" aspect of IF - not knowing/understanding is so very hard. One hopeful thing about the HSG that my RE told me, is that it apparently slightly increases chances of conception in the cycle or two immediately after. So even if it comes back perfect (fingers crossed that it will!), maybe, just maybe, it will give you a little boost. 

Blueyezz, Just wanted to say thanks again for the words of support. Sending lots of good thoughts in your direction!

Wishing everyone a fun and peaceful weekend!

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

Old 05-20-2011, 11:06 PM

Thanks Brichole and gozal, that's very sweet of you.

Brichole, I'm so excited for you and can't believe the whole process took only 3 months. Lucky! Also, the 26th is my birthday so an excellent day for you to close! smile.gif

Zanalee I took the grapefruit juice route and it worked for me! 1 glass a day from when AF ended and O happened. I'm not sure whether it's something about the acidity of the grapefruit juice that works, or just keeping up your fluids..

Renavoo I'm actually not getting an HSG. My OB gave me two options for the tubal dye study - xray (HSG) or ultrasound (HyCoSy or Hysterosalpingo Contrast Sonography). It's supposed to be less painful and doesn't include putting radioactive dye through your fallopian tubes, so I chose the HyCoSy. Maybe you could ask your doctor about choosing that option as well? 

AFM, On boring CD2 now. Looks like we will get another natural cycle to try and make it work for us! 

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

Old 05-22-2011, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter

Good morning ladies!!!   It is SOOOOOO early!  I have offically been awake for 24 1/2 hours and i've spent 12 1/2 of them so far here at work!! I have another 5 1/2 hours left of this HELL of a day!!!  I got here at 630 yesterday morning...and got off work at 1230.  Then got a call from my supervisor at 730pm last night and she told me i needed to be back to work at 11 pm because her uncle was having chest pains and she was taking him to the hospital.  So i didn't get any sleep AT ALL last night before i came in and now it's 5:40 something on Sunday morning and I TOTALLY feel like i've been here for more hours than i should be!!!  It's crazy to think that by the time i get home and in bed i will have been up for 31 hours straight!!! That is just CRAZY!!!  My body is totally going to kick my butt lol. 

On a good note though i'd like to thank ALL who have sent out congrats for my house!! I'm really really excited about it and can't wait until my DH gets everything moved into the house next weekend while i'm at work! I'll be responsible for unpacking most of it but that doesn't hurt my feelings lol.  I would rather do that so I know where everything is and I can put it where I want to put it.  I'm still waiting to hear back from the loan company again to see what the underwriter had to say about our loan application...but my loan officers seemed very confident that they would be able to get us approved in time to close Thursday. 

AFM:  I'm on CD8 today.  I've started doing OPKs just to make sure I haven't started gearing up to O yet.  My LP has been pretty short since i've had Emma and I guess at least i'm having periods closer together now than i was before i had her.  They have gone from being 45 days apart to being 21 days apart (average)....so I really can't compain.  They are also shorter than they use to be...i went from bleeding 9 to 10 days straight to bleeding 6 to 7 days....i like those numbers much better!!!!  I hope everyone is doing good this weekend!!!

On another note i wanted to repost my medicated cycle that got me my BFP just to post some encouragment here.  This was my 30th month straight of  TTC with my current DH...(i'm not counting my 2 years i TTC with my x-H before we split up) 

CD1 ~ 02/18/10
CD2 ~ 02/19/10 ~ HAD B/W AND U/S ~ nurse said too many folicles left over from the OHSS cycle and would have to wait three weeks to be rechecked!!!
CD23~ 03/12/10 ~ HAD B/W AND U/S ~ 5mg Femera and 150IUs Menopur(injectable)
CD24~ 03/13/10 ~ 5mg Femera and 150IUs Menopur
CD25~ 03/14/10 ~ 5mg Femera and 150IUs Menopur
CD26~ 03/15/10 ~ 5mg Femera and 150IUs Menopur
CD27~ 03/16/10 ~ 5mg Femera and 150IUs Menopur
CD28~ 03/17/10 ~ 112IUs Menopur (HAD BREAK THRU BLEEDING)
CD29~ 03/18/10 ~ 112IUs Menopur
CD30~ 03/19/10 ~ B/W U/S ~ 2 follicles continue Menopur inj 112IUs (obstained from BDing)
CD31~ 03/20/10 ~ 112IUs Menopur (obstained from BDing)
CD32~ 03/21/10 ~ 112IUs Menopur (obstained from BDing)
CD33~ 03/22/10 ~ U/S and B/W ~ 4 follicles ready (3 on right 1 on left) injected 35IUs of Menopur and DTD
CD34~ 03/23/10 ~ Ovedrill trigger this AM
CD35~ 03/24/10 ~ DTD again
CD36~ 03/25/10 ~ testing to see when trigger shot is gone (around 1dpo)
CD37~ 03/26/10 ~ testing to see when trigger shot is gone (around 2dpo)
CD38~ 03/27/10 ~ testing to see when trigger shot is gone (around 3dpo)
CD39~ 03/28/10 ~ testing to see when trigger shot is gone (around 4dpo)
CD40~ 03/29/10 ~ Trigger shot is out of system ~ (around 5dpo)
CD41~ 03/30/10 ~ slightly light headed and emotional (around 6dpo)
CD42~ 03/31/10 ~ very tired and getting more light headed (around 7dpo)
CD43~ 04/01/10 ~ emotional wreck!!! And still very tired bb's hurt (about 8dpo)
CD44~ 04/02/10 ~ same as day before (around 9dpo)
CD45~ 04/03/10 ~ same as before can't handle spicy foods and VERY light headed while shopping for easter stuff.....took a FRER at 830 pm on around 10dpo and got a BFP!!!!
CD46~ 04/04/10 ~ Took another FRER and it's still positive at 11dpo and also got a "PREGNANT" on a CBE Digital!!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

Old 05-23-2011, 06:36 AM - Thread Starter

bumping up since the april thread is above the may thread!!!

THINK FERTILE THOUGHTS : )   I'm trying to stay positive for everyone!!! LOL

I finally got in bed at about 8pm last night...so i was awake yesterday for a total of 40 hours.  I'm still feeling the not getting sleep and it sucks that i'll never be able to make up that time but it will be okay i guess lol.  I gotta go grocery shopping this afternoon after work and then tomorrow i have to go early in the morning for b/w and a "physical" for my life insurance policy that me and dh are getting

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

Old 05-23-2011, 09:26 AM

Hi Ladies! I hope everyone's week is starting off well!

I'm off to Ohio for work today for a night. I hate traveling though because I'm a nervous flyer but hopefully the storms in Ohio don't get too massive! I just can't wait to come home already!

Zanelee, have you tried taking mucinex? That's what I do to increase cervical mucus, although I think I'll try cranberry juice next time too :o) That and preseed hopefully help with increasing the chances of conception.

Gozal, your response to the insurance agent made me break out giggling. I had similar conversations with the insurance agent AND my previous doctor's office. It still boggles the mind that they would actually count that as not causing harm. It's time like these that I see it truly as a "man's world". I'm so glad your doctor's office was willing to work with you though, as they should! Wow, a 15mm follicle at CD4?! That's great! I don't know why that would be but you always hear stories of women who ovulate early. Also, when I was on treatment, I had follicles of about 20mm or so on day 9 so I think that it's probably fine. Hopefully, you ovulate soon and you'll be in the 2ww, with good news at the end :o)

Tantylynn, thank you for the suggestion!! I'll definitely ask my doctor about that. It seems like a good alternative and we'll see which one they believe would be better for me.

Brichole, I love looking at the rundown of you previous success. haha I think from day 6 on, I'll be trying to see if any of my symptoms fit your symptoms :o)

AFM, I'm now 4dpo or thereabouts (positive OPK about 6 days ago). (I like the trigger shot because I know exactly when I'm ovulating. With natural cycles, I feel like I'm guessing!!) My temperature started rising 4 days ago but with my insomnia, I never know if it's a true temp shift! Oh well! I've started to take my progesterone again, just in case :o) I have tender nipples again, per usual, but otherwise, I feel rather normal. I think that it's just a standard sign of ovulation for me. I think I'll wait to test around day 13 again which means I have another 9 days to go! My DH and I are hoping that we get a BFP because poor DH gets so exhausted when he has to perform his duties many days in a roll. haha Poor DH. Oh well, I'll keep everyone posted!

Big hugs and baby dust to everyone!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

Old 05-23-2011, 12:55 PM

Hope you all had a good weekend!  We had a tornado touch down less than a mile from our house, so we had some excitement!  Our house/cars/etc. are fine, so it's all good (although I think it took years off of my poor dog's life...he is so scared of storms and hides behind the toilet in the basement bathroom when it storms.  this is particularly hilarious because he's a 90 lb german shepherd and only his head and front paws actually fit behind the toilet...) loutoilet.jpg

I went to a baby shower yesterday, which went better than I thought it would.  I was really worried that I would feel jealous or resentful, but I just relaxed and had a good time and celebrated my friend's pregnancy, which was an unexpected surprise. 

I think I'm 1dpo today...I had +opks on Fri, Sat and Sun (is this strange that I had 3 days of positives???).  Today's opk is -, so I'm assuming that I o'd yesterday...anyone have any thoughts on this?

If this is correct, then I O'd on CD 16 and we BD on CDs 11, 13, 15 and 16.  DH has been sick with a cold but he managed to pull through biggrinbounce.gif  Poor guy, I think's it's been a little stressful for him...this morning he asked if we could BD tonight "just for fun." haha

I had very little/no CM this cycle, so I think I'm going to give tantylynn's grapefruit juice a go.  Renavoo - thanks for the tip on the Preseed.  I bought some and used it everytime we BD.  I hope it helped!

M, married to E and TTC #1.  Mama to spoiled dog2.gifdog2.gif(Luther and Phoebe) and a fat, happy cat.gif(Fischer). 

Old 05-24-2011, 04:26 AM

yah LuLuRoo!!! You're close to me in terms of schedule so we can wait out this horrible 2ww together. I think I'm 5dpo today but like you, I'm not completely sure. I think that as long as we sort of know when our ovulation is and we BD around that time, we should be covered. By the way, I heard that it's entirely possible to have pos opks span a few days. You must have JUST caught the surge!!

love.gif

Old 05-26-2011, 02:54 AM - Thread Starter

Luluroo: So happy to hear that you are ok.  These out breaks of tornados is crazy!!!  After what happened in Alabama last month my daughter is TOTALLY freaked out any time she hears the siregns go off.  I feel so bad for her!!!

AFM:   So i close on my house at 3pm this afternoon!!! IN LESS THAN 12 hours!!!!  I'm super excited and nervous all at the same time!! DH is taking me out to dinner after we sign i believe (at least he's supposed to lol)  

I hope that everyone is have a good week!  I'm on CD12 and my opks are starting to get a little darker so i'm PRAYING that it's positive by this afternoon or tomorrow!!

Old 05-26-2011, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Weekend Wrap-Up
Name: Mandi

TTC #: 2
CD: hmmmm....
DPO (if applicable): n/a
Testing: n/a

Trying Since: Haven't prevented since DD was born 07/25/10. 

for this Cycle: n/a

Link to Chart (if applicable): n/a

Thoughts: 

PPAF hasn't officially come yet.  Right around mothers day I thought I might be having my first PP O, and we just happened to BD.  Then about a week or so later I spotted for 3 days, bright red, then nothing.  I'm not really sure what to think of it.  I haven't spotted at all since DD was born.  Trying not to even think about it as I know it won't happen, but there's still that glimmer of hope.  Otherwise, we are trying to determine when exactly to start a cycle with a new RE, because that also forces me to know when I really need to wean DD as we're still BF'ing.  I struggle with stopping BF'ing, but knowing that our problems won't get better and we really want to TTC very soon. 

Hope4light: unofficially TTC#2.  Severe MFI, only option is IVF w/ICSI.  Down to 2 options for a new RE (we moved), and getting ready to have consults with them and decide where to go. 

Here's to hoping everyone gets their BFP soon!!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

Old 05-26-2011, 01:15 PM

Brichole - so, do you have those keys yet?!

LuluRoo - too funny.  I have a 70+ pound boxer that likes to hide in the bathtub because storms scare her so bad.  We always know one is coming because the pacing starts and then she disappears to the tub. 

I'm curious about the juice.  I might have to try drinking more until we move forward with IVF!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

Old 05-27-2011, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

Hope4light:  I got your blurb added and yes mam i have my keys!!!!! I'm super excited!  It only took at 30 minutes for me to sign all of the papers i had to sign...and now DH is moving our stuff into the house as I am typing lol.  I'm so ready to get to go grocery shopping tonight to fill our new pantry and refridgerator!!! LOL 

I hope everyone is having a good week!  I'll be here at work for 12 hours on saturday and sunday so maybe it will all go good lol....i hate working those long hours now!  It just makes for a very very long day!

Old 05-27-2011, 05:07 PM

Hey, I've kinda been MIA lately, super busy at work. ugh.

I have a question: this cycle was my first on Clomid 50mg CD 3-7. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to ovulate this cycle - not even a hint of a positive opk once, I tested through CD 21 and then said forget it, called my doctor and got a Rx for Provera and she up'ed my dose of Clomid to 100mg. I'm also seeing an Acupuncturist who mentioned that the egg can deterioate after CD 21, and the cycle I got pregnant (but miscarried at 10.5 weeks) I ovulated on CD 26, so I'm really nervous about ovulating late due to losing our baby when I ovulated on CD 26. I know that plenty of women have ovulated even later and had healthy pregnancies and babies, but in my case it make me really nervous. So on to my question - do you think I would benefit from asking for a HCG trigger shot? Do OBgyns usually prescribed trigger shots? I'm not sure if mine would say no and refer me to a RE. Would I need to have an ultrasound before the shot or would they just go by CD?

Thanks for any help!

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
Old 05-28-2011, 02:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydove View Post

Hey, I've kinda been MIA lately, super busy at work. ugh.

I have a question: this cycle was my first on Clomid 50mg CD 3-7. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to ovulate this cycle - not even a hint of a positive opk once, I tested through CD 21 and then said forget it, called my doctor and got a Rx for Provera and she up'ed my dose of Clomid to 100mg. I'm also seeing an Acupuncturist who mentioned that the egg can deterioate after CD 21, and the cycle I got pregnant (but miscarried at 10.5 weeks) I ovulated on CD 26, so I'm really nervous about ovulating late due to losing our baby when I ovulated on CD 26. I know that plenty of women have ovulated even later and had healthy pregnancies and babies, but in my case it make me really nervous. So on to my question - do you think I would benefit from asking for a HCG trigger shot? Do OBgyns usually prescribed trigger shots? I'm not sure if mine would say no and refer me to a RE. Would I need to have an ultrasound before the shot or would they just go by CD?

Thanks for any help!

I've only had dealings with the HCG trigger shot in a RE setting because where i live they are the only ones allowed to really give you a scrip for something like that.  I know that it helps to be monitored with u/s to take that shot because some months our bodies decide to be normal and we do ovulate on our own.  The other good thing about being monitored is you can wait until the follicle is completely ready and big enough before you trigger.  I was one of those who had a late in cycle ovulation but that was because my RE did a "slow and steady" approach to getting my follicles to grow.  The day i triggered i had 3 eggs ready to be released.  I know that a lot of insurances don't cover RE treatment but there is also an injection that my RE gave me for "stand by" incase we needed to delay ovulation.  During the time that I was seeing the RE i only ovulated 1 time on my own...any other time we either abandoned the cycle due to too many mature follicles or we triggered.  I really hope that this next cycle of clomid works for you!!!  I was one of the women who Clomid never worked for...i was on it was 6 months and went all the way up to 150mg before my doctore FINALLY refered me to a RE.  I cried the day that the nurse made that appointment for me!!! I was miserable!

Old 05-28-2011, 09:47 AM

Hey KayDove, I am a huge proponent of the trigger shot but I think that they will need to monitor to make sure your follicle is growing. Therefore, if you're not responding to clomid, you still won't be able to use the trigger shot. I was given an ultrasound from day 9 or 10 on and then, if the follicle(s) weren't ready by then, they ended up asking me to come back in a day or two. Therefore, I think it's more important to make sure that you are able to respond to whatever regimen you're being given. Hopefully, 100mg will work for you. 50mg is the lowest dose for clomid anyway.

Brichole, have you started moving in yet!? It's so exciting!!

AFM, Day 9 DPO today and I don't feel anything. I know I'm being hypersensitive but I'm kind of not really optimistic for this cycle. I'm also a little nervous because I'm starting to question everything and I'm wondering whether it was dangerous for me to be taking supplemental progesterone (Prometrium suppositories, 100mg twice a day). I'm doing it myself because I was freaked out with my short luteal phase during a natural cycle months before (prior to my clomid cycles) and since my RE prescribed enough, I've been taking it after my temp shifted. However, I've been getting some mild IUIs (easily controllable as long as I drink a lot of water) but I'm a hypochondriac and typically, I hate taking medications!! So now, I'm wondering if I should try to wean myself off of prometrium or whether i should continue on until i can test. I've also considered just taking it once a day and this is the way I'm leaning...Ladies, any thoughts or suggestions?

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a wonderful memorial day weekend!! Thoughts out to anyone who knows of people in the military. Thank goodness we have those people to protect us!!!

love.gif

Old 05-28-2011, 08:32 PM

Hi everyone, I've been quiet lately because this cycle is a little wacky and I am not completely sure what's going on. My RE warned it would probably be an unusual cycle for me, and wow, it totally is. On CD4 I had that 15mm follicle on u/s and I got a + opk on the morning of CD9. I felt o pains late that night, then had one more + opk the next morning. Okay, so that should all be good, right? I even know the reason for the early o (I usually o around cd15-16). But, weird slow temp rise, plus I usually have very clear CM signs and this month, not at all. CP signs were right on, at least. So, I guess I ovulated? I am not going to feel good about it until I see three nice, high, 98+ temps. Actually, even then I am not going to feel good about it, because it's still a bizarre cycle for me. The short story is that I am 4dpo...I think. That's what fertility friend thinks, anyway.

Renavoo, My intuition is saying, don't wean off the progesterone this cycle. Say your corpus luteum's progesterone production is at 8. Then with the prog supps, it brings it up to 18. Well, even if you cut the dose in half and it only drops to, say, 12 - nice and high for 9dpo - it is still signalling a progesterone drop to you body. I would be nervous about that. Since you're at 9dpo I would keep going with it this cycle until 14dpo. I really do know what you mean about freaking out over adding these meds, because I also tend to avoid when reasonable. (Remember all my angst about the trigger?! We don't even keep Advil in the house because it always expires before we have a chance to use more than a few.) That being said, I think prometrium is a relatively gentle medication and I have a feeling the UTIs are from the application process rather than the active ingredient. I really would not be worried myself taking 5 more days' worth.

Also, I wanted to second your Memorial Day thoughts!

Kaydove, I think the idea that an egg is of lesser quality if ovulated after cd21 depends on the reason for late ovulation; I don't think it is a blanket rule. I think it is more true for women who are having regular cycles. But if you are coming from a situation where your body is regulating in some way (after pregnancy, after m/c, after BCPs, etc.) it may not be true. The apparent later o time may not really be late, it may just reflect that your body started its process of developing the egg later. I know it probably doesn't help to hear that - I know anything that might be the slightest indication of risk or a problem makes me worry worry worry, personally. But I hope it will be reassuring to think that this may not be a hard and fast rule. About the hcg shot, what Renavoo said! I can also tell you my RE requires monitoring for its use. I think the advantages would be mitigated if you didn't confirm you had a mature follicle before using it.

Brichole, Just another huge congratulations on your new home!!! You know what? We are considering a move and since you've given me house fever, I've been having a lot of fun looking at real estate listings!

Sending lots of good thoughts out there to all of you.

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

Old 05-29-2011, 05:31 AM

Sorry to cut in. Just wanted to offer my insight to Kaydove regarding late ovulation. I've read that if you ovulate late, your hormones may not be working nicely together all at the right times. I had late ovulation for a year (usually ~CD24, though as late as CD30), and I don't think it's a coincidence that I finally got pregnant on a cycle with a CD16 ovulation. I know everyone is different and lots of women get pregnant with healthy babies after a late O, but personally I would try whatever would give an earlier O to increase pregnancy chances.

Good luck, everyone!

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

Old 05-29-2011, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Blah!!! I'm on CD15 and other than O "Pains"  and some fertile CM I have NOTHING that tells me that i've O'd yet!!!  None of my OPKs have been positive and with us in the middle of the move i haven't been able to test the past two days...so i could have gotten a surge over the past two days and not known anything...so i guess i'm just in the waiting game...my cycles have been any where from 18 days to 26 days long so i have anywhere from 3 days to 11 days left before AF is supposed to find me!!! I guess if she doesn't show up by the second week of june i'll test....if i can hold off for that long lol.  (TMI to follow lol)  Me and DH have been BDing like CRAZY for the past week!!!  I don't know if it's the new house or the fact that we are finally getting time together but he's been all over me like white on rice!!! I'm not complaining one bit...i'm just a little shocked lol.  We usually are lucky to get 1 BD in a week!!!  I'm just going to sit and wait and pray that this month isn't an anovulatory month...because i REALLY want my body to get back to normal (which i guess if i get pregnant it won't really be back to normal anymore huh?)   Well, i'm about to get more stuff done for work....i have a WHOLE months worth of reports that need to be turned in by the time i get back to work this coming Thursday after my two off days Tuesday and Wednesday.  I hope that everyone is having a great day and i'll be sure to post the June thread as soon as I get a chance Thursday!!! Thinking about all of you ladies!!!!

Old 05-29-2011, 03:41 PM

I am just joining this part of the community. I was diagnosed with Endometriosis in 2009. I had a Laparascopy done and was on Lupron for 6 months. Only the second cycle of my period returning, my Endometriosis came with it. I started seeing a new OB/GYN who understands that I have a deep desire to get pregnant and knows that at 29, this is the best time to do it. There are also often benefits to pregnancy in minimizing Endo symptoms. We will probably be having a medicated cycle this month. I also will be having glucose, testosterone and TSH tested and we may be getting another sperm analysis done for DH. I already know I have hypothyroid, just checking whether .88 is the right dosage of Levothyroxine. My glucose was fine in March, but it doesn't hurt to check again.

Our info: TTC #1

On our 5th cycle trying, dealing with fertility issues quickly due to Endo (can't wait a year)

Probably starting medicated cycle this month; possible trip to CCRM (Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine)

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 05-30-2011, 03:56 PM

hi Deborah, welcome and good luck!!! I hope that you find your answers soon and that you are able to get help sooner than the 1 year time frame! Gozal, thank you for your advice! I took the advice and I'm continuing on with prometrium. I find it so odd that I have issues with UTI because I wash my hands really well (at least 20 seconds with soap and water!) but i know this is the most likely culprit. My body and my vaginal flora probably just doesn't like the imbalance that comes with suppositories, as well. It's 11dpo and I think I'll test tomorrow but I don't really feel any symptoms. I was massively exhausted today though so something is happening. just woke from a nap and i'm quite happy. I love extra days off!

Sweet Bee, how is the pregnancy treating you? How are you feeling? I hope that you're not suffering from too many pregnancy symptoms! Also, what symptoms did you experience during your 2ww and which ones did you end up experiencing after your 2ww?

Haha Brichole, at least you're having fun trying this month!! I hope that you manage to catch the egg this month!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

love.gif

Old 05-30-2011, 05:11 PM

Thank you everyone so much for the advice and input! I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow to ask about the trigger shot. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you take a look at my chart and tell me if you think I ovulated? http://www.tcoyf.com/members/kaydove/pccharts/7.aspx And if so, what day?

Thanks!!

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
Old 05-31-2011, 11:39 AM

Thanks for the welcome. As bummed as I was to get AF again this month, I am feeling a bit better since I know we have an action plan. Having a doctor willing to do pain management despite the fact we are TTC helps too. I am calling the doctor today and will let you know what happens. I know I am having TSH checked (I already know I have hypothyroid, just checking to see if we have the right dose of Levythyroxine), glucose and testosterone. Good luck to everyone! For those who are PG, H&H 9 months!

Edited for typo.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 06-01-2011, 12:54 AM

renavoo, I didn't have too many symptoms during the 2WW. The most obvious was really sensitive breasts (much more so than during any other cycle we tried), though that started around O, so I'm not sure how much of a symptom it is. Maybe it was just a sign that my hormones were working well that cycle, unlike the previous cycles. Another early symptom was fatigue; not sure if that happened before or after I first tested (10dpo). Also, I had some early bloating off and on, which I know was before my period was due because I remember thinking, "Hmm, my capris are feeling snug. Could I be pregnant?"

Old 06-01-2011, 12:51 PM

I got a call from my doctor's office today. We are going to check my progesterone again this month since ovulating one month doesn't mean I'm ovulating every month. At that time, we may test TSH, testosterone and glucose. We are doing an SA on my husband (he will not be pleased, but he'll have to suck it up). I'm not sure what will happen after all of that since we don't yet know the results.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:12 PM

Hi Deborah, welcome and good luck!! 

Brichole - good luck with the house and trying to catch the egg at the same time :-)

Renavoo - I agree on keeping on keeping on with the progesterone...

I hope everyone is doing good!!

Old 06-03-2011, 05:47 AM

NEW THREAD IS UP! 

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1315922/june-2011-infertility-one-thread#post_16481151

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

Old 06-03-2011, 12:30 PM

Thanks! Heading over to June now.

User Tag List