Mothering Forum banner

What next after clomid/femara?

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  rcr 
#1 ·
Hiya Ladies - I haven't been here for a long time. While it's nice to see familiar names, I am sorry we're still not pregnant.

My last four cycles have been unmonitored cycles - 2 on clomid and 2 on femera. They didn't work.

I am wondering what other people did after clomid/femera.

Some info on me - secondary infertility, dd was easy to conceive, same partner. All diagnostics are fine - fine eggs, fine sperm, open tubes, etc. 22 cycles trying. (ugg)

#2 ·
Hi Jenger!
I think you could go to monitored/IUI cycles, bounce into injectables, or skip to IVF if you wanted. Or stick with femara cycles - monitored or unmonitored.
I'm sorry you're not well on the way to baby number two.

#3 ·
Hi Jenger! Oh man, that means the Femera I sent you didn't work? Sorry. I like the book, btw - it did get better toward the end, and she annoyed me less and less.

I guess IUI/injectables We skipped Femera and Clomid because we found out we had fertility insurance coverage (not that it has worked for me yet), but I think that injectables is often the next step, or IUI with Femera/Clomid.

#4 ·
Ahh! My old friends! Hi Jane and RCR!

I am sort hoping to start with femara and hcg trigger with IUI first, 'cause it seems cheaper...

I am nervous...

#5 ·
UPDATE

Honestly, I am so relieved after talking to my RE. He is well aware that we don't want to be super aggressive and don't want to spend a lot of cash. Sooooo.... Here's the plan: one more month of letrozole (cd5-9) only, followed by 2 months of Letrozole (cd3-7) plus 3 days (8-10?) of FSH injections and a cd12 ultrasound. After 2 months of that we'll add IUI. I am just pleased that it's not tons of injections and not moving right to IUI...

I miss my old friends here, especially you 2, but it's been better to be a little more removed from mdc for this cray roller coaster.

#6 ·
Sounds like a good plan to me. I didn't know you could do a combo of FSH and letrozole.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.