Timing of Progesterone Pill - Did I Screw This Up? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-17-2011, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello! Can someone tell me the best time to take the progesterone supplement? I have been tracking my LH surge using test strips and if I get a positive sign (I typically test mid afternoon) then I end up taking the supplement that evening (200 MG of progesterone - prometrium). I have read that ovulation actually occurs about 24 to 36 hours AFTER a positive LH test. Is it best to wait the 24 to 36 hours before I take the supplement? I'm afraid I've been taking it too early then the last couple months. Comments welcome!

Best of luck to all of you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 05-17-2011, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Are you temping too?  I would wait until temp increased.  I have had multiple positive OPK before actually ovulating.  I would definitely wait until I was sure so you don't stop your body from ovulating with the progesterone. 

#3 of 5 Old 05-17-2011, 08:55 PM

My doc said to start 72 hours after a positive ovulation kit. You wouldn't want to start it until after you are sure you ovulated.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#4 of 5 Old 05-18-2011, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks to you both! APToddlerMama, no, I am not temping but was going to start on this next cycle. (I will be expecting AF on Saturday). I had a feeling I wasn't doing something right and now it looks like I've wasted two months. :-(.

#5 of 5 Old 05-24-2011, 09:01 AM

I was told to start my progesterone three days after ovulation. I took Endometrin so I'm not sure if it's similar to what you are taking. I'm assuming this is something you are taking to support a pregnancy?

Me stillheart.gif DH (est. 10/08), DS (11/19/11) blogging.jpg nocirc.gif  reading.gif ribbonteal.gif (PCOS)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page