~~~~~~~~~~*JUNE* 2011 INFERTILITY ONE THREAD~~~~~~~~~~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 149 Old 06-13-2011, 02:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey Gozal,

I hope the test showed that everything was ok!!!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#62 of 149 Old 06-13-2011, 03:47 PM

Thanks Renavoo! The results were inconclusive. My RE thinks it is "almost certainly not ectopic" - which of course has caused me to completely freak out. There is nothing to do but wait until a repeat beta on Wed. I have faith that this will resolve but I am still walking around with a pit of fear in my stomach...

How's everyone doing out there? Thinking of you guys.

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#63 of 149 Old 06-13-2011, 05:02 PM

gozal - My fingers are crossed for your beta. 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#64 of 149 Old 06-13-2011, 10:57 PM

Hi. I'd like to join. I'm TTC #2 since Sept. '09. Have a 3yr old DD and 3 losses in the last year (11weeks, 5wks, 6wks). Now I'm doing the dr run around - trying to find someone who will help me, test me, ANYTHING!

Spent hours on the phone today and last week in pursuit of that goal - might have come up with someone. we'll see.

This cycle, avoiding.

loving mommy to DD (3/08), brokenheart.gif our little strawberry (7/10). brokenheart.gif little seedling (10/10). brokenheart.gif little pear (4/11). Praying for a Rainbow - due Nov!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***rainbow1284.gif**

#65 of 149 Old 06-14-2011, 03:42 AM

Gozal-keeping my fingers crossed for you too...and praying...

RosieL-That picture cracks me up too! It's not one of our cats, but looks just like one of them.I almost feel like I'm looking up someone's skirt. :O

Jennifer, Wifey to Stevenwinky.gif, Mommy to Gwhistling.gif and Hfairy.gif. TTC for 5 years.
Praying for God to bless us again!

#66 of 149 Old 06-14-2011, 04:04 AM

gozal - Whoops, I somehow missed your post. Sorry for the uncertainty...walking around not knowing what'll happen next must be trying...

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#67 of 149 Old 06-14-2011, 07:59 AM

Oh guys, thank you so much. I think this is also hard for me because I waited so long to get my period back after DS - pretty much every day since he turned 24 months (didn't happen until he was 3 1/2, just last March). I am still kicking myself that I did not wean him then at 2, because I really felt that something was wrong - it is extremely rare not to resume cycling after 2 years of nursing, despite what my OB said. Anyway, I feel like I just finally got my cycles back, and now I'm back to praying that I start cycling - just for the chance to try. I think I used up all my inner patience over that year and a half. I know I should try to focus on the fact that, despite this pregnancy not working out,it's a very good thing that I was able to get pregnant - my RE is actually very happy about that. So I'm just hoping nothing strange is going on with me, just my body holding on to a chemical pregnancy that it will release soon. I actually called the doctor's office back and they reassured me that they really don't suspect ectopic. But what is going on?! My hpts have been getting lighter since Sunday and I've had some spotting and very mild cramping. I don't know how I'll wait until tomorrow...and then probably Friday...

Wendylynn, welcome! I think you'll find wonderful support here. I am a very big fan of all the ladies here! I hope you're not here for long, though. I found my RE through my insurance website, because we can't afford out-of-network, and I really like her and her practice. Everyone is so caring and sensitive and patient there, the whole staff from the nurses to the insurance coordinator to the doctor herself. It's about half an hour from where I live and totally worth the drive. I never would have thought this type of practice (it's swanky and state-of-the-art, etc.) would be covered by my relatively crappy insurance, but it is! So, worth a look if you have coverage and you haven't tried their database yet. I really believe that an excellent RE who you can trust and who takes you seriously makes this difficult journey so much better than it could be. Did you have any genetic testing done with your DD? If so, ask your OB for a copy of your records and bring them to your first RE appointment. I had a ton of tests done because of my ethnic/genetic background so it was nice to not have to repeat them. If you can, have your partner come with you to the RE for the initial consult - they may test you both at the same time. Otherwise they'll likely give you a script for your partner that he can take to a lab, but that's more annoying and takes longer (ask me how I know this...DH basically can never take off from work). I really hope you get some answers soon. Not knowing is the worst!

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#68 of 149 Old 06-15-2011, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome.gif Wendlynnn, adding you to the front page now!

My thoughts are with you Gozal, I hope everything starts happening for you soon.

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

#69 of 149 Old 06-15-2011, 04:29 AM

Well, I made my RE appointment for about 10 days after I expect my next period. That should leave me time to get results of CD3 testing at the next opportunity. DH will get his repeat SA as soon as I start my period (since he has to abstain 3 days and we keep BDing until AF arrives to cover our bases). I called my insurance to see if I need a referral, which I don't. I also asked why they're not compliant with Maryland IVF mandate, and I got some "We're exempt" response, which I found pretty odd. But I didn't push because it's early. We can switch insurance in December, and as much as I hate insurance research, this time the only criteria I'll need to choose by this time is IVF coverage. The two year ticker for MD-mandated coverage will be up in March 2012. So, I suppose if we find insurance that covers it, we'll either get pregnant before then or start IVF in March 2012. 

If all my tests come out normal and DH's re-test comes out the same, I already know the answer they'll give: "IVF with ICSI" or "keep trying." 

So, that's my plan. I'm a planner. I know very well that things can change, but at the current state with the current knowledge, this it what I've got.

#70 of 149 Old 06-15-2011, 08:20 AM

hi i m new to this site.

Name: yoyonana
TTC #: 1 (3 years of TTC)
CD:
DPO (if applicable): 10
Testing: no positive OPK (am i miss the surge if onli test once a day ?)
Trying Since: 2008
Plan for this Cycle: 1st month with conceive plus
Link to Chart (if applicable):http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/ 
Thoughts: 

#71 of 149 Old 06-15-2011, 12:14 PM

Gozal, I'm so sorry that you're just waiting and waiting. I know what it's like to keep kicking yourself over stuff that happened in the past but you just have to think ahead. I think focusing on the fact that you did get pregnant is a great thing!!! I wish I got an indication of that...even though DH and I have timed things perfectly, I've never had any indication that I've ever gotten pregnant. And it's been more than a year now. It is so frustrating not to know what is going on so I definitely feel for you. Good luck!!!

Wendlynnn and Yoyonana, welcome!!! I hope that you find your time on this board helpful! Wendlynnn, I'm so sorry about what you've had to go through just this year. It's just heartbreaking. I do hope that someone helps you soon. Have you gotten your progesterone tested before? If not, that may be an important step for you.

Yoyonana, I usually test twice a day when I'm trying to time my cycle. Once in the morning and once in the afternoon. The reason I do this is because I usually can see a darkening that warns me when I will ovulate. Therefore, I don't think it's necessary to actually test twice a day but I do it for my peace of mind and because I like just knowing what is happening. As you're 10 dpo, I wish you luck!! When do you plan on testing?

RosieL, I'm a planner too and I'm happy that you are prepared with a plan! I know it's early yet but good luck researching insurance companies. I hate insurance companies...I really do feel like they are always trying to pull something over every one of the people they cover. They are always looking for loop holes to deny coverage. Oh well. Hopefully, you're able to find a company that provides adequate coverage.

AFM, I'm going for a sonogram tomorrow to see if any follicles have developed after my letrozole regimen. I hope so! If all goes well, I will trigger tomorrow and get my IUI on Friday. Fingers are crossed!

Talk to you ladies soon!

love.gif

#72 of 149 Old 06-15-2011, 09:27 PM

hi renavoo, may be you are right, i should test twice a day, i onli test once in the morning, may be my surge is short ? or am i not ovulate? i tested for about 7 days, onli result i obtain is light and faint, may b i m using those dollar store brand, anyway i wil try other OPK next month, see if things get better.

i dun think i wil test this month ,cos i had the feeling of PMS and no symptom of pg. pretty sure my AF is on my way,.........

#73 of 149 Old 06-16-2011, 06:45 AM

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)

yoyonana - Most of the OPKs I've seen also recommend testing in the afternoon instead of the morning, so that is also something to consider. But like renavoo said, a lot of people test 2x a day just to be sure.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40** Oct 2014 - it's a
#74 of 149 Old 06-16-2011, 10:36 AM

Renavoo, I love reading your posts, they are always like a ray of sunshine for me. Seriously, your positive outlook is inspiring! Thank you. I tend to go back and forth between morose and hopeful so it's always a push back towards hopeful. I am hoping so much for you that you get some answers. Sending tons of good thoughts for your u/s and upcoming IUI.

Yoyonana, welcome, I'm sorry to see you here but hoping you find the support you need. I have used two brands of opks, CVS brand and wondfo from Amazon, and both have worked great for me. They're both strips and look almost the same. The CVS ones actually say in the directions to use FMU, so I did with those and had no problems. I had a clear fade-in pattern and clear positives with  FMU. The wondfo tests don't say when to use them, so I just did FMU and also had no problems. If you can order from Amazon, I would recommend the wondfo because they are so cheap (under USD10 for 50), you can experiment with different times of day and find out when is the best for you. Everyone is different. But I have not had any problems getting clear positives with FMU myself.

RosieL, I hear you, I'm a planner like that too. I also predicted my diagnosis/treatment! Just had to wait for the medical establishment and insurance company to catch up. I really hope you get better news from the SA. And maybe find out why the exemption - ugh, it makes me so mad.

AFM, I still have no answers. My hcg is still going up and still abnormal (it's extremely low). My RE suspects abnormal intrauterine but can't rule out ectopic yet. Another beta tomorrow and I'm guessing another Monday. RE mentioned endometrial biopsy if the hcg doesn't plateau/start coming down. That may trigger my body to release, and give some answers. Anyone ever heard of endometrial biopsy to rule out ectopic? I am just praying this is all over in the coming week.

#75 of 149 Old 06-16-2011, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)

gozal - Is there a reason their not doing an ultrasound to check on things? It seems like that would be useful, but maybe they think it's too soon to see anything?

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40** Oct 2014 - it's a
#76 of 149 Old 06-16-2011, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome yoyonana! If you'd like to give me a blurb I can add you to the list on the front page smile.gif. I only tested 2x day with OPKs the first cycle I used them. Then I realised that I get 2 days of positives anyway, so it felt like a waste of tests. Now I test once in the morning, and keep testing until I get my first - after the +s.

Renavoo How exciting for you! I don't know if you feel the same way, but it seems like it would be GREAT to be able to use a trigger and IUI and know for certain the timing was right. So hopeful for you!!

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

#77 of 149 Old 06-16-2011, 10:06 PM

hi monkeyscience.. i wil test twice a day for my next cycle, 2pm and 10pm. hope i wont miss the surge again...thumb.gif

#78 of 149 Old 06-17-2011, 12:13 AM

hi gozal, thats so kind of you. thanks for your idea and info. i wil try to purchase the brand tt you recommend from amazon. and i can at least test several times a day to make sure i wont miss the surge.....:O)

#79 of 149 Old 06-17-2011, 12:21 AM

hi tantylynn. i was told not to test in the morning, so next cycle i hv to start testing 2pm and 10pm, last cycle i tested 7 days in a row @ 12:30pm. but i dont see a positive result, so i guess my surge might be rather short thats make me real confuse, this cycle i wil start testing twice a days see if i hv any luck, good luck and lots of baby duest to you ! :O)

ME (34),dh (31)   TTC#1 since Oct 2009 after one year off OC  pill .  goin for  IUI

goin for 1st IUI next month

#80 of 149 Old 06-17-2011, 12:25 AM

hi ladies. DPO 12, temp drop and BFN this morning, i am sad and heartbroken over the result. this is my 2nd month of trying after lap and dye test. but looking @ the bright side, i hv you gals accompany me along the journey, so i m not alone anymore....lots of baby dust to those 2ww and TTC.......

#81 of 149 Old 06-17-2011, 08:06 AM

So, waiting on more b/w results today. I really don't think I can take this for another week. I hope my RE will make a treatment plan after this result, but I'm thinking she'll want more bloods on Monday. Monkey, you're right, usually they will try to diagnose with u/s at this stage, but my numbers are so low (a good thing) that there is no chance anything will be seen. Wherever it is, it's not really developing but not m/c either. DH just left for back-to-back business trips and will be gone all weekend and next week - he's been my rock and I just wish he could be here with me.

Yoyonana, Boo AF! Sorry to hear about the temp drop. How did your HSG go? Fingers crossed that its effects linger on for another cycle. I mean to add before, I've actually discovered that for me, opks work better with FMU, because no way can I hold it for 3-4 hours during the day. Sometimes I would get a + with FMU, then a lighter line during the day, then another clear + in the morning. So if you get the cheapies, I would recommend trying in the morning too - what can it hurt, right?

Okay, back to work for me. Thinking of you, guys.

#82 of 149 Old 06-17-2011, 10:41 AM

Sorry it's been so long since i've written ladies!! I have been given a new trainee at work so i don't really have time to get online and chat...i'm hoping to have her trained by the second week of july so I can get back to obsessing with you ladies and just enjoying the general conversation.

I had a lot to catch up on so i hope that I don't leave much out with my responses.  (and if i do please don't stone me!!!)

Gozal:  How frustrating and tiring this journey has been for you!  I really hope your RE has a better game plan for you other than "let's wait and see".  The waiting game always sucks!!! Lots of love and hugs for you!

Renavoo:  So happy your HSG went well last week!  I hope that your u/s went just as good Wednesday.  I didn't see an update when i was going thru the previous posts...how did all of that go? 

Welcome.gifWendlynn & yoyonana!!!!  I really pray that both or your stays are very short here!!!!!

AFM: I am on CD12 and my OPKs are starting to get darker...so i'm thinking i MIGHT actually be getting ready to O!!! I have been testing 2x a day. Once in the morning and once in the afternoon and the morning tests look just like my afternoon tests so i'm thinking that i TOTALLY haven't Oed yet.  I just pray that this LP lasts much longer than my last ones have been .  It's really frustrating to have a 5-8 day LP.  I really don't know what to do with it lol.  I want to figure out a "natrual" way to help that LP because i am SOOOOOO scared to go back to the RE to do medicated cycles again.  This november will be 2 years since the last time we started seeing the RE and I really don't want to go that route again.  DH refuses to even think about it at this point so I would be on my own with going to appointments and taking the medications if that's the way we were to go...but i would hate to have to go thru that by myself again.  He said that he HATED to have to sit there and watch me inject myself with medication each night for almost an entire cycle 3 cycles in a row...but I told him he doesn't understand how much I really want another one. I know that i sound selfish and i should be happy with the children that I have, but I feel like there is a piece of me that isn't here yet that should be.  Maybe i'm completely crazy...who knows!!! 

Well, i hope that everyone is having a good day. It's very rainy here in Alabama...but i'm SOOOOO happy to have the rain. Our new yard REALLY needs it!!! OH YEAH, we are finally in the house and MOST of the boxes are unpacked. My DH's family came to see us this past weekend and they all think that we are "highfalutin" because of the new house. They think we have more money than we do, and his sisters are SUPER jealous of us and it's driving me crazy.  (warning about to go on a rant!!!!They really do get on my nerves.  I have what I have because I worked for it!!! I didn't rely on my husband to support me, though he would if that was what i wanted.  I don't complain when we can't afford something i want, i just don't get it...unlike they do.  His sisters go out and buy their kids EVERYTHING they want, yet they don't pay their electric bills or get food to put in their kids tummies!!!! I feel so sad when my older niece and nephew come stay with us and argue with their mom because they don't want to go home!  They think we think we are better than them and that's not it at all.  I have my priorities in a different "order" on my list I guess.  They put WANTS before NEEDS and it's sad when I have to get their kids clothes because they wanted to go buy the newest IPhone!!!!  I'm not saying that no one should  buy wants...because that's not what i'm saying at all...wants are FINE, but when you start neglecting your children and your home because you want a freaking phone!!! That's too much for me!!! I don't understand them at all.  

OK, so sorry for that!  i'm sure it doesn't make sence but i needed to just get that off my chest!  I just get mad at stuff that my SILs do...and I know there's nothing i can do to change them.  I could also go off about how his family wants us to drive to see them ALL the time but they don't seem to understand that that road runs BOTH direction!!!! My in-laws live almost 2 hours away, and they expect us to be able to just pack up and come over any time that they feel like seeing us...but they don't want to make the trip to come see us.  It really drives me crazy!

Well, i hope everyone is doing good.  I must have a attitude today!! i get off work soon so maybe DH can cheer me up with some BDing!!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#83 of 149 Old 06-17-2011, 11:18 AM

Hey B - You might want to PM hokievol. She started acupuncture last month for her very short LPs and this month we all assume she's pregnant this month due to rising temps and a 12 day LP so far... Here's the post: http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1315519/june-30-somethings-ttc-1/200#post_16508114 and here's her chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/hokievol

I went to my OB for an annual checkup and to talk about SA results today. She basically paid no mind to the 2% morphology and was much more interested in my cycles. This month something odd is going on. I had an LH surge days ago but no temp spike and I still have a little bit of fertil CM (confirmed by doc). It was interesting that she looked and confirmed that she's 90% I haven't ovulated yet this month. She definitely believes in CM as a strong indicator. So anyway, I'm CD 25, probably haven't O'd. Given a 42 day cycle in Jan, a 28 day cycle in April, and 30-36 day cycles otherwise, she says I have irregular periods and ordered CD22 tests which we did today, and CD3 tests for whenever that happens. She said a couple times "I'm really interested to see what your progesterone looks like." I LOVE my OB, but I think I'll still keep my 7/7 appointment with the RE. 

I'm slightly relieved that there might be something wrong with *me* that they might be able to fix with meds. If there was nothing wrong with me, we'd only have the morphology results to go on, which point straight to IVF+ICSI.

Test results should be in Monday.

#84 of 149 Old 06-17-2011, 11:20 AM

Hi Ladies,

Gozal, how is everything? Did the B/W tell you anything new? I hope that you get your answers soon! Just think...soon, this will be over and you'll be able to try again. And hopefully, the next time, it's a sticky bean! :o) If you need to vent or you need any support, you know you can always come here and we'll be there for you!!

Yoyonana, I'm so sorry that AF found you. I think we all know the heartbreak that comes from getting a BFN and having AF find you. I keep telling myself that I'm going to stop temping so I don't get sad when the temp drops but I find that I actually prefer to know so I always temp. I agree with Gozal. I like using FMU and testing again at around 2 when using OPKs (I also have a really hard time not drinking for 4 hours. Seriously...I drink water constantly through the day!). Once in a while, I'll test 3 times a day (especially when my CM suggests that it's almost time to ovulate- I temp around 8pm.) Those Amazon strips work really well for me and they are so cheap that I don't mind using multiple.

Brichole, YAH for being almost unpacked! I hope everything is set up the way you want it. As for your rant, it makes PERFECT sense! I can't believe that your SILs are so illogical. I agree with you that it's nice to buy your wants but prioritization is important. Food and other living expenses should come first and iphones a distant ummm NOT even second. ;o) I always find it so odd that people get upset with others for living well. A lot of work and planning goes into living well. And, considering how much you work and your hours, the fact that they should cop this attitude with you is really a huge annoyance!!! I am sorry you have to go through this!

By the way, baby dust and luck on your BDing! haha work out the frustration and hopefully something else good comes out of it as well ;o)

AFM, I got the ultrasound and I only have one follicle. I know I know, it only takes one but still, I was used to getting 3 when I was on clomid. The good news is that my lining is fantastic, according to the doctor. I went in on Thursday and my follicle was not ready so I will be going in tomorrow to check again. I hope that it's ready so we can do the IUI on Sunday because if not, I won't be able to do an IUI on Monday due to a client meeting. Therefore, this may be a wasted cycle. oh well, I'll see what happens on tomorrow! I'll be working most of tomorrow to because of another client meeting so it'll be a jam packed weekend. :o)

Good luck everyone!!!

love.gif

#85 of 149 Old 06-18-2011, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renavoo View Post

Hi Ladies,

Brichole, YAH for being almost unpacked! I hope everything is set up the way you want it. As for your rant, it makes PERFECT sense! I can't believe that your SILs are so illogical. I agree with you that it's nice to buy your wants but prioritization is important. Food and other living expenses should come first and iphones a distant ummm NOT even second. ;o) I always find it so odd that people get upset with others for living well. A lot of work and planning goes into living well. And, considering how much you work and your hours, the fact that they should cop this attitude with you is really a huge annoyance!!! I am sorry you have to go through this!

By the way, baby dust and luck on your BDing! haha work out the frustration and hopefully something else good comes out of it as well ;o)

AFM, I got the ultrasound and I only have one follicle. I know I know, it only takes one but still, I was used to getting 3 when I was on clomid. The good news is that my lining is fantastic, according to the doctor. I went in on Thursday and my follicle was not ready so I will be going in tomorrow to check again. I hope that it's ready so we can do the IUI on Sunday because if not, I won't be able to do an IUI on Monday due to a client meeting. Therefore, this may be a wasted cycle. oh well, I'll see what happens on tomorrow! I'll be working most of tomorrow to because of another client meeting so it'll be a jam packed weekend. :o)

Good luck everyone!!!

THANKS :)  My opk still wasn't pos. this morning but i'm not tooooooo worried about that because it is still getting darker...it's just not to the blairing point yet!!!  I am going to test again this afternoon when i get off work because I never test as early in the morning as i did this morning...but hey...i had to come to work and it's not like i was  going to sit there and hold my pee until 530 lol.  YAY for at least 1 follicle though.  I know it would be great to have more, but your lining being thicker is a BIG improvement from what it use to do so that's EVEN better!!!  I really hope that your timing can work out for you so that this cycle doesn't feel like a total bust!!!  Hope you have a good weekend!!! Try not too work TOO hard!! LOL

Just gotta say that these early mornings at work are about to get on my nerves. Don't get me wrong...my OT on my checks is GREAT but this missing out on sleep is TOTALLY for the birds!!! I just wanna sleep in...but I really don't know what that would feel like!  I think the last time I slept in and actually got GOOD sleep WHILE sleeping in was probably last summer lol.  Oh well, i figure i'll get to enjoy my sleep again once i'm older ha. 

I make my first house payment this coming week and i'm excited and ill at the same time. HA.  I'm just happy knowing that what i'm paying is actually for MY house and not paying rent to someone.  My family honestly didn't think we would be able to afford our house payment...but heck i pay like $200 less a month for my 3 bed room 2 1/2 bath HOUSE than my parents do for their 1 bedroom 1 bath APARTMENT!!! And we live in the same city.  I think it's funny how people think they know what you can and can't afford in life.  I've worked my butt off to get this house and I understand that they don't want me to go down the road that they did (my brother and sil and my parents all have had to foreclose on a house over the past 2 years).  I know that there are options for me if we get to where we can't afford the house, and I will totally take advantage of those options.  One would be to move back into the house we were renting and rent our house out to my brother and his wife, the other would be to just go ahead and put the house on the market and sell it.  I don't want to do either of those options...but i'm just trying to keep an open mind just incase anything happens to mine or DH's jobs.  Well, now that i've gone on and on about my house i'm going to run and read some of the other forums before getting to my reports i have to get done for work.  My trainee is off this weekend so i'm able to get some of my stuff done without feeling like i'm ignoring her completely lol.  I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day and i'll check back later!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#86 of 149 Old 06-18-2011, 08:50 AM

Dear Renavoo and Gozal, thanks you with all my heart for sharing such wonderful words with me,

in fact after seeing the temp drop and the BFN i felt helpless and exhausted, my mind keep telling me ( i hv to start charting my new cycle BBT, vitamins, checking my cp. etc etc, ) i m real sick over it, but your reply giving me another hopeful cycle, i wil try multiple test this round see if things works better.....baby dust to those 2WWers~~~~~~~~~~~

#87 of 149 Old 06-20-2011, 03:46 AM

Yoyonana, I feel like we all go through this sadness so please know that you're not alone. I spoke with one of my friends recently and he has a beautiful girl. She's hilarious and definitely my favorite of all my friends' children. Anyway, they also had a lot of trouble conceiving and he told me that his wife always told him how she felt like she was failing him. In fact, she told him that she wouldn't blame him if he left her!! I mean, that's how down she was! So it's normal to feel really sad and let down but now, they have this wonderful girl. I truly believe that each and every one of us will experience that. It will just take us a little longer!!

Brichole, haha I totally understand what you mean about the excitement for paying for YOUR house!! Congrats!! As a New Yorker, I'm kind of forced into apartment life (I live in a co-op of sorts) but would love to have a house in the future. (Although I don't even want to think about the commute...I can walk to work right now!) And, as you say, there are always options if in your future, you need help. However, the way that you work and your dedication (ugh, early morning work!! Sleeping in is so nice!) shows me that you'll never have to take advantage of those options because you'll always be able to keep afloat! It's wonderful!

RosieL, I hope you get some answers!! There's few things more frustrating than not having answers. I feel like that's where I am because I do well on all my tests and I still can't get pregnant. I'm hopeful, though, that since I've been off clomid, my cycles have normalized. The last 2 unmedicated cycles were about 30 days long. That's compared to 40-50 before clomid. However, I still wonder whether my long cycles were a result of birth control pills and it took me more than a year to stabilize after the BCPs. I hear that some women need all that time and I'm afraid that I'm one of them. I know that before IVF, I have to take a month of BCPs and I'm dreading that because, well, I'm worried that will make my cycle unpredictable again. I know I'll be heavily medicated to overcome those issues though so it's just my hypochondriac mind taking over. haha

I got my IUI yesterday. On Sat, when I went in for my check up, I found out that I had 2 follicles! I don't know where that other one was hiding! I do think that they were smaller than my usual follicle sizes I got with Clomid but the doctor didn't seem concerned. So technically, I think I'm 1dpo, since I should have ovulated yesterday. i will start temping today (just forgot today!) to see whether there is a temp shift. I've been temping for a year and a half so I know the range it'll be in if I ovulated!!

My lower right side is sore today. I wonder if that is due to ovulation!? Apparently, both follicles were in my right side.

Happy Monday, ladies!!

love.gif

#88 of 149 Old 06-20-2011, 01:10 PM

Just a quickie update from me - we still don't know what's going on, but I had an u/s this morning which showed nothing at all in the tubes or abdomen but potentially something in the uterus, so that is very good news. Not definitive, but I feel encouraged. I really do not want to take the methotrexate shot and be benched from ttc for 3 months. Honestly I don't think I could take it. RE wants to do one more round of b/w and u/s in 48 hours.

Renavoo, that is fantastic news! The cycle before last I had 2 follicles, one right behind the other. My doctor missed seeing the second one for a little while because of that! Sending tons of good thoughts your way for the IUI.

RosieL, I hear you - it is downright bizarre what we end up wishing for on this journey. I've prayed from years to see a second line, and now I am praying not to see one...so I can get on with seeing another one again. I just hope you get some answers and then, solutions. I was totally freaked out that something was wrong, but also so relieved that I knew. My treatment has been very effective and I hope your solution, whatever it may be, will be the same.

Brichole, you are such a responsible person with the right priorities, I have no doubt you will be okay. Enjoy your new home - I don't think you need to worry!

Hey, I have a question. I was talking to a friend who went through a lot of IF in my native country. She mentioned that her RE recommended against folic acid supplements until pregnancy is achieved. He felt that folic acid supplements could work against fertility, and it is best to take them in the early weeks of pregnancy after a confirmed positive. Does anyone know about this?

Hope everyone is having a good start to their week!

#89 of 149 Old 06-22-2011, 03:01 AM - Thread Starter

RosieL I totally understand that feeling of relief when hearing that something might be wrong. Most people are like "aren't you devastated?" and I say no way! Atleast now I have something to fix!

Renavoo SO EXCITING! Yay for 2 follicles! Fingers and toes are crossed for you dust.gif Ps. What's IUI like? Does it hurt?

yoyonana *hugs* BFNs are the worst. We're all hopeful and excited to be here with you for your next cycle though!

Gozal Any new developments? This long drawn out process must be so hard, I'm always thinking of you..

Brichole Did you ever get your blaring + OPK? Ps. How frustrating are family sometimes? You should be able to feel 100% proud of all of your accomplishments without anyone saying otherwise. Like I said, you're amazing!!

I'm CD2 and seeing my OB this Friday. We'll discuss treatment but I'm pretty sure she won't be able to actually prescribe me anything because she's closing her practice and this is my last appointment with her. But I want to atleast get her input before going to a new OB. I'm pretty bummed though, because the waiting time for a new OB is never short and I was really hoping to start treatment this cycle. Oh well though, like I've said the last 2 cycles *one last chance of a natural PG*!

How is everyone else doing?? It's been quiet around here lately! 

#90 of 149 Old 06-22-2011, 03:28 AM

Hey Gozal,

I hope that the tests show that it's in your uterus!! What would be the next steps? I hope you don't have to take methotrexate either. I didn't realize that they gave it to women who miscarry. I mean, I know it's category X but it seems like such a departure from it's daily/recommended uses.

I have never heard anything about taking folic acid later in the cycle. I think most people believe that once you start TTC, you should be taking folic acid. Everything i read suggests that folic acid helps fertility in both women and men. I should do some more research though!

Tantylynn! How are you doing? Ugh, CD2 is such a boring time and I'm sorry that you may have to wait an extra month now that your OB is moving away :o( Hopefully, this is your month though and you don't have to go through another medicated cycle :o) I said that the last couple of unmedicated cycles too. sigh, back to medication though. Now I'm hoping i get preggo because 1) i just want to be pregnant already! and 2) next month, we are moving to IVF. Ugh, that's $20K + down the tube!

IUIs are basically painless. I mean, it's not comfortable because you're in the stirrups. But it's no more painful than a pap smear and actually, maybe even less painful! I barely feel it after I'm all set up (stirrups and then that torture machine they use to keep you open. ugh!) ;o). In my fertility journey, the most painful procedures were the endometrial biopsy and the HSG. The saline sonogram wasn't fun either but oddly, for me, it wasn't painful. Just a weird feeling!! Sigh, the things we do to get pregnant!

it has been quiet on the board this month! I'm hoping that means that people are taking well deserved vacations or breaks to relax. We all definitely need it!!

love.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page