Summer IVF Thread - Let the Sun shine through all of usl!!! - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 790 Old 08-07-2011, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So happy for all the BFPs (Lyndi, InWaiting, Bungalow)!!!! jumpers.gif

Blue, GOOD LUCK TOMORROW! praying.gif

Graf, Welcome!  I hope your transfer goes smooth tomorrow!  Will you transfer all 3?

Gelly, Looks like we will be cycle buddies!  Funny, since our names are kind of close too!  I am just doing a frozen transfer, but it will be on the 23rd!

Renavoo, Glad you got lots of eggies!  I hope they are still doing well!  Excited for your transfer!!!  How many will you be transfering?

Auraleigh, fingersx.gif for you too!

Juli, nice to see your name around again!  I hope your DH is able to find some answers!

Kewpie, thinking about you and the tough week you had.  I am happy you had 2 little buddies to keep you company.

Laggie, you are also in my thoughts during this difficult time.

AFM, 16 days till transfer.  I was really trying to stay more focused this time around (3rd FET and all), but we had such a busy weekend I completely forgot to take my supression/lining pill last night.  I woke up, eyes huge, and ran downstairs and took 2 this morning, I am just mad at myself for forgetting.  With a FET, there isn't much to remember so I can't believe I forgot!  I also had my acupuncture on Friday.  It was my first time ever...is it possible to have side effects???  Some of my muscles seem sore near where the needles were and I also had a little bit of an upset stomach that night. 

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#482 of 790 Old 08-07-2011, 02:21 PM

Hi ladies!

Graf, welcome! Good luck on your transfer tomorrow! And this will be a great place to let out some steam during the 2ww! It sounds like you're doing a 3dt? If that is so, I think you and I are on the same schedule because I'm doing a 5dt to happen on Wednesday.

Lyndi, Bungalow and Inwaiting, how are you all feeling? I love the hcg check ins and that everything is going well! Can't wait to hear more!

Blue, how is everything going for you?

Gelly, yah for starting! It is so exciting, isn't it? Although, all those drugs! Are you injecting yourself or is DH helping? I was too much of a coward to do it myself.

And you can look forward to when the injections stop! Haha I have not had to use PIO injections (I use endometrin) which I am so happy about!

Belly, everyone forgets to take a dose of something! I'm the least adherent person ever. I am sure that everything will be fine! just a few more weeks and you guys will be in the dreaded 2ww too ;o)

Afm, I'm going for a 5dt. My 11 embies continued to grow yesterday so that's good. I should be getting the schedule for the Wednesday transfer tomorrow. Out of curiosity, did you ladies get progress reports on days 3 and 4 too or is everything silent? I'm going to go crazy if everything is silent! All of this is such a waiting game! Aaaargh! Haha

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#483 of 790 Old 08-07-2011, 04:22 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi All:

I am so far behind in this thread, I don't even know where to begin to catch up. It has only been about 6 weeks since I took my break, but so much happened while I was gone.

Anyway, I am still on my break, but I do have a follow up appointment with the RE on Tuesday. I think that we will be going with more IUIs before doing IVF again. Blue - the RE doesn't think that the polyp that she found was the reason for our infertility. My old eggs are, as is DHs sperm.

Anyway, I just popped in to give a big hug to Laggie. I am so sorry. I don't even know where to begin to express how sorry I am. I wish there was something I could do or say to make it better. I have heard that blue and black cohosh help move a m/c along. I actually bought some but ended up having a D&C before I tried it.l

I also wanted to wish Blue luck with your beta. I will be thinking about you. I really really really hope that this is it for you.

Sorry for missing the rest of you, I know  you have a lot going on, but I really need to continue my break from obsessing over infertility, so part of that is not being around here too much, so it is hard to keep up. I have found a much healthier place since leaving this thread 6 weeks ago. I have one more week before school starts, so I am going to try not to think about TTC. Good luck with all of the transfers, betas, POASs, etc.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#484 of 790 Old 08-07-2011, 04:37 PM

Bellybean: I am only transferring 2 out of the three and freezing one. Also I was sick with acupuncture. They told me not to eat two hours before and after and that seemed to help.

Renavoo: I am on the three day transfer. Best wishes to you this week.

So glad to be here with others going through the same.

#485 of 790 Old 08-07-2011, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, there is a lot going on this weekend.  Normally the weekends are so quiet and this weekend is just blowing up. Awesome... I love it!!!!!

Inwaiting, Lyndiramos,Bungalowmama - is it okay since you all have gotten positive beta's to add you to the BFP list now so we can get it all updated???  I was going to do it but wanted to ask first.  How are all of you ladies feeling?  When is the next beta for all of you?

graf214 - Welcome!!!!!  Sorry we are meeting here but I'm glad that you found us so we can cheer you on and send you lots of positive sticky vibes for your ET tomorrow!! goodvibes.gif  You live in that great state where IF is covered, don't you!!  So jealous!!  I may have to move there so I get coverage.  Wonder how long I'd have to live there to be accepted.  Hmmmm?  Anyways, good luck tomorrow!  Keep us posted and I hope all goes well.  Are you doing a bedrest at all after your transfer, I know all drs are different.

gelly - Yay for getting started!!!!  Wow, so you are on 600 IU of Follistim?  Is this your first IVF I forget.  I know i read it on your "get to know ya" page but i forget.  You have a lot of shots going on!!!   Yes, my beta is tomorrow morning.

Brichole1214 - all stalkers or thread crashers are welcome here!!!  Hope you are feeling some better and each day eases some of the pain.

Belly - 16 days and counting!!! This is going to be your month... I can feel it!!!!!!  The first acupunturist I went to told me to eat something before I came actually and the one I go to now never says anything about it.  It is funny though b/c everytime I leave this new office I feel nauseous, so maybe if I ate right before I'd feel better.  Who knows.... crazy how a couple needles can make you nauseous.

renavoo - Not much going on here for me... I'm just waiting for my beta tomorrow.  11 embies is awesome!! I sure hope all of them make it so you can freeze what is left, so that you will have lots of tries if God forbid your 1st one doesn't take or you will have chances for siblings for your 1st.  The way the BFP's are flowing on here I think this will be your month!!!!  Either way 11 embies is amazing, I think!!!!

rcr - Thanks!!!  Hope you are feeling some better.  I don't think you mention if the pain was going away by now or not!!  I sure hope so.  Did they tell you how many cycles  before trying again after that procedure?

April - how are you doing??  When is your first shot?  Keep us posted.  Thinking of you!!

auraleigh - how are you feeling? I sure hope you are feeling some better... you poor thing.  Your beta is on Tues right???  have you POAS yet??  Are you going to?

AFM - well I POAS this am and it was a BFN, so I'm really not hopeful for tomorrow, even though I've learned my lesson w/ POAS before the beta already so you just never know, but I'm really not feeling it.  I'm hoping to go to this outpatient lab tomorrow and I'm hoping they will be able to do my blood test there b/c then it won't cost me anything.  If I go to the normal hospital I'd have to pay something for it b/c of my stupid insurance.  DH is looking at getting a new job so maybe they would have IVF coverage... wouldn't that be great!!  So we will see. I told the nurse if it is negative to just email me with my results b/c I really don't want to have to be on the other end of that call. 

Also, I think come Sept we should start a Fall thread, so I'm hoping someone will volunteer to run the thread once Sept comes.  Just be thinking about it.  We still have the rest of Aug left (where is time going, by the way).  I'd be happy to help you out if you have any questions too.    Lets keep those BFP coming ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!joy.gif

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#486 of 790 Old 08-07-2011, 06:27 PM

hi ladies!  just got back from a lovely wedding in the catskills and after six hours of driving i am so happy to be back on the couch with my laptop and husband by my side. 

good luck on the beta blue, i'll be thinking about you tomorrow.  i have been POAS although I think it's probably still to early to see anything.  all negatives so far, trying to steel myself to getting news.  my beta is actually thursday, and the days ahead seem SO LONG.  how often do you think a HPT shows up negative but it's actually a BFP?  My husband is mad because he thinks I am driving myself unnecessarily crazy, but I was SO positive and upbeat before, and now I feel really nervous and down and worried. I figure if POAS doesn't show a plus by wed or thursday morning it's probably not my month, eh? 

renavoo, your embryos sound amazing! a 5dt will be so great, i will think happy positive thoughts for them to return safely to you. 

afm, the cellulitis on my right side seems to have cleared up some in that one spot, but moved a little bit to another spot.  and now i think i developed it on my left side as well.  a friend of mine had done my shots (she used to be a nurse) for a few days when my husband was out of town, and those are the sites that got infected.  my suspicion is that she didn't really massage them in (a little awkward for a friend to be rubbing my butt  for extended periods of time) and I think that had something to do with it.   tomorrow i plan on calling my dr and letting her know i have a new spot.  no fever, it doesn't look as terrible as the photos i looked at on google images (gross!), so i think i'll live.  i'd hate to take antibiotics if i didn't have to.  site from last night looks fine and we'll see how tonight's shot fares.  in any case i think i'm going to switch to suppositories.  another mess, but at least they don't cause pain and bruising!

going crazy, is it thursday yet?

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#487 of 790 Old 08-07-2011, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

auraleigh - I don't think you were around for my BFP w/ our first fresh IVF last Nov, but the day before my beta I POAS and it was negative and the next day for my beta it was positive.  We ended up m/c around 10 or so weeks though so that was that.  So yes, you can totally get a BFN and still get a BFP the next day w/ the blood test.  Blood testing is so much more concise!!!  I totally learned my lesson and ended up with the worst stiff neck of my life bc  I totally must have stressed myself out and then the day of my beta the nurse called and I couldn't believe it!  I was totally in shock!  Don't totally give up until the beta is confirmed, is what I learned from that lesson.  Good luck to you!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#488 of 790 Old 08-07-2011, 07:29 PM

Belly - We will be close in cycles, I started stims tonight with a possible ER on the 18th and 5day transfer - heres to counting down the days!

Renavoo - yeah for the 11 embies - GL on your 5 day transfer!!

rcr -  I am glad you are finding peace in your break!! GL on your apt on Tuesday!!

graft214 - Welcome - and good luck!!

auraleigh - I hope you find some comfort soon - I am not looking forward to that part of this process!!  

blue - Good luck tomorrow!!!  I hope it was just a flawed and this is your month!!!!

AFM - Tonight was my first night of stims!  I was very nervous mixing all the meds but it went ok and I know will get better.  The first shot I did left a big purple bubble under my skin so I know I am going to have a nice bruise for that!  When I was putting the cap back on one of the needles I stabbed my index finger - and that hurt more then anything else!!  The hot flashes are in full effect.  

QUESTION - I started spotting again last night, is that normal?  Also since taking the drugs, I am crampy, is that normal?  I am going to email my RE nurse to find out for sure but thought I would get your imput....

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14 - It's a BOY!
#489 of 790 Old 08-08-2011, 04:09 AM

Hi ladies!

Blue and Aura, GOOD LUCK!! I know the initial POAS were negative but I'm still hopeful...it's early yet!! Maybe the hcg is doing a slow rise! Aura, my DH is the same way...he worries that I'm TOO worried and too obsessive over every little thing. But I always say that this is because it's our body that has to deal with the changes. We have to change what we eat, be constantly bloated, in pain, and suffer from needles and drug side effects. The least they could do is put up with our obsessiveness. haha and anyway, I would deal with it happily if it ends up in a bfp. :o)

Graf, how did the transfer go? I hope it was easy! Are you taking a lot of bedrest? Have you started eating pineapples? Everyone I know is telling me to eat massive amounts of pineapple cores. Not the meat of the pineapple but the cores. Apparently, it contains a vitamin that is important for implantation.

April, YAH!!! It's exciting to get started and hopefully, in a month's time, we'll be congratulating you on a BFP!!! Good luck! haha I was so afraid of hurting myself that I made DH inject me and I turned away so I didn't have to watch him stick that needle in. He was a trooper (or he just wanted to stick me for the aggravation. hahah) The worst one is the trigger, which is intramuscular. DH actually had to get a drink before sticking that one in me because he was so worried about hurting me. I used ice and barely felt the needle go in!

Gelly, how is everything going?

Baby dust to everyone!!

love.gif

#490 of 790 Old 08-08-2011, 05:41 AM

Aura-oh I hope they dont need antibotics and it all goes away!
Blue-GOODLUCK this morning!! I hope it is a bfp!!
Graf-hope transfer went well!!
Aprilmom-exciting that ur fi.ally getting started!!
Belly-i hope this is ur cycle exciting that the transfer is so close!!
AFM-my dh had to take to er yesturday morning very early because I was in so much abdomial pain, long story short my ovaries are the size of softballs. I had so many follies they measured at 28 at least 15 on each side. One ovary is pushing into my back the other smashing my uterus the tech said. My hcg level was only at a 40 which was 48 hours later so it doesnt look good at this point im guessing.redface.gif the dr just kept saying its still very early but im not so convinced I asked them to check my e2 level but they didnt. I ended up feeling worse then when I got there from all the poking and such so tylenol and bed for most of yesturday. I will update u ladys tomorrow but im guessing this may be a chemical or some thing. My DH has been great about all this but we will see what tomorrow brings. We leave for mexico in 12 days so I am going to start getting things around for that this week and try and keep my mind off from everything else!!eyesroll.gif
#491 of 790 Old 08-08-2011, 06:38 AM

Lyndi, don't loose hope!  I thought beta's were supposed to double every 48 hours...which it sounds like yours are.  I am sorry you had to go into the ER, that's never any fun.  I am wondering why they didn't want to run your E2 levels?  It sounds like OHSS. 

Blue, Good Luck today!!!!!!!!   Please be a BFP!

Yay April!  I am excited we will be close together too!  It's nice we be able to support eachother during the dreaded 2ww! 

Renavoo, Will your next update of embies be at transfer? 

Graf, let us know how the transfer went!  When is your beta?

Aura, it definitely sounds early for a HPT if your beta isn't till Thursday.  I got a couple negatives before my positive HPT and beta in 2009.  I was devestated, but it does take time for the hcg to show up :)  I am still very hopeful for you!

rcr, so nice to see you stop by.  I am glad you are in a better place and enjoyed so much of your summer!  (of course who wouldn't in Australia...lol)

AFM, thanks everyone for sharing your acupuncture experiences.   I had YUMMY leftovers for lunch that day and definitely overate :)  My appointments are just after lunch so I'll make sure I eat earlier those days :)  I just wish it was 2 weeks from now already!  I have also decided to take a couple day break from facebook, I was so upset yesterday after finding out about THREE more of my friends who are pregnant (2 of them have kids less than a year old!).  I just need to spend less time there...it's weird because I have never had problems with facebook before, so I am thinking it's all just AF and the drugs! 

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#492 of 790 Old 08-08-2011, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

April - about your question... I'd probably call your RE's nurse and ask.  I'm not sure about spotting, but it might be totally normal since your system is probably confused at what is going on right now.  Keep us posted.

Lyndi - keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!! I hope that it all turns out fine in the long run.  I know if you have OHSS it can get worse if you are pregnant, so I hope that is what is going on and nothing else.  When do you get another beta?  Isn't it today?  Sending hugs.... hug2.gif and lots of healthy growing vibes for that babe!!!!

Belly - I hear ya, yesterday one of my friends IRL (one that knows, not many do ) asked how things were going and I thought i was doing fine, but almost started crying when I told her I took a test and it was negative and I'm not really feeling it, but you just don't know.  Sometimes when AF is on her I'll get a little emotional like that. Totally understandable!!

AFM - I went and got my beta done this am and after she drew my blood I asked her when they pick the blood up and she said 10pm.  I was like "Oh, this is suppose to be a STAT order... it says that on my order sheet" and she was like "Oh, well i didn't realize that".  Hello, I guess i should have asked before, but you would think they wouldn't take me back if they couldn't do a stat order.  It was highlighted on my order form and everything.  Oh well... I've been waiting pretty much all my life it seems so what is one more day, right?  Good grief!!!  Feeling a little crampy today like AF is on her way, so we will see.  I wish I would have paid attention to how long it took for AF to show up last time we did our FET and i was on meds.  Time will only tell!!

#493 of 790 Old 08-08-2011, 10:55 AM

Thanks Blue - I sent a note to the nurse and she said at this point that is totally normal.  I go in for my first b/w tomorrow and u/s on Friday and she said then they will be able to look at the lining and make sure everything is as it should be. 

OMG - so for your beta you won't get the results until tomorrow?  I am sure it will be a long day for you but I hope you get good news in the end!!

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14 - It's a BOY!
#494 of 790 Old 08-08-2011, 11:13 AM

Hello Ladies,

Blue: I am hoping for you. The wait must be driving you insane. I do feel fortunate to be in MA though. Come join us. We have some excellent RE's here in Southeastern, MA and Rhode Island.

Belly: I know how you feel with Facebook. I try to stay off as often as I can.

Lyndi: Keep your mind on Mexico. I am sending positive energy for tomorrow.

Renavoo: Thanks for the pineapple suggestion. I just sent my hubby out for some.

April: The stims never were easy for me. They took me about a half hour each night between mixing and prepping. I never got used to them but tried to always see the benefits that could come. Good luck.

AFM: So glad I joined this group. You are all so supportive. The transfer went well. I am a bit concerned as the RE told me that the embryos made only 4 cells at this time. He didn't even want to tell me, I had to ask. He told me that there is no real evidence on morphology and given my age he is not concerned. But of course I am. I am going to have to send my hubby out for pineapple cores. I am just taking it easy today. They told me I didn't need bed rest but I needed to take it easy today. Now I just have to wait for my first beta which is on August 19th. namaste.gif Until then.

dust.gifTO ALL

#495 of 790 Old 08-08-2011, 04:57 PM

welcome graf!  august 19th is my birthday, so i like to believe it's an especially lucky day for everyone.  maybe it will give the bfp you want! 

blue-  i would have kicked the lady!  i know at this point one more day i just one more day, but COME ON.  you are so strong and i'm crossing every finger and toe for you. 

lyndi- i am so sorry to hear about your pain! hopefully your ovaries will quiet down and you can see those betas double and double and double....

april, i think with time the stims will get better.  i was a master chemist by the end, i could have mixed those five vials together with my eyes closed.  how did the bubble happen?  i think the lesson i learned fastest was just to poke fast, because sliding the needle in too slowly is the worst sensation.  inject slowly and it should be all good.  also, don't let my experience with the PIO shots scare you.  they're bad, but they're not as bad as i have experienced.

belly-  don't you hate it when people around you just get pregnant with the snap of a finger?  that's originally what brought me to this board, because i just couldn't handle one more friend telling me they were pregnant.  i like to tell myself that we will appreciate our babies so much more because of all the hard work and determination it takes to get them.  hehe

afm- today i was in SO MUCH PAIN at my injection sites and i was convinced i had a fever so i called the ivf clinic and spoke to one of my favorite nurses.  she had me come in so the dr could take a look.  the "cellulitis" on the one side has sort of cleared up, sort of traveled a bit around the side of my hip, but the left side looks like i've been kicked by a horse.  it's red, swollen, inflamed, hot to the touch, and there is a dark black/red/purple bruise the size of a horse shoe.  it's a little intense looking.  the dr doesn't think it's cellulitis, she's thinking i am having some crazy allergic reaction, but everyone in the office who saw my behind kind of gasped in horror and then tried to mask it.  however, the positive is that they took me off the PIO shots and put me on suppositories.  since my test is thursday and i don't want to buy a large supply if i'm not pregnant and about to go off of the progesterone, they were nice enough to give me enough samples to tide me over.

*sigh*.  poas is still negative but tomorrow i'm trying a different brand and i am not 100% giving up hope since i'm only 8dp3dt.  i had a good cry in the car today (with my husband on the phone freaking out because he can't figure out how to console me)  and got it all out.  i blame the hormones for making me weepy!

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#496 of 790 Old 08-08-2011, 06:25 PM

Aura, my birthday is Aug 18th! Hha talk about timing. We are hoping for was nice bday present this year ;o)
I'm sure you're also moody because you're in pain. I hope that it gets resolved soon and that you can soon focus all your energy on a BFP on Thursday ;o) it is sweet that the office gave you samples- that is a nice caring office. Did you go and seek another opinion? Maybe from a dermatologist or even allergist? Perhaps they would recognize the problem and suggest a treatment?

Belly, I'm so with you about Facebook. I barely go on that site anymore because it just depressed me now. Now, I sign on rarely and usually just to be sure that I didn't miss a birthday!

Blue, you are definitely nicer than I am...I would have gone ballistic. I mean, one day isn't a lot of time but for someone like us, who are hyperaware of the days, it can feel like a lifetime!

April, I forgot to mention that I also bled my first day on stims and the nurse said it was fine too. With stims, my lining became nice and fluffy so don't worry!

Lyndi, I'm so sorry you're suffering from such pain. Hopefully, things feel better soon so you can go back to enjoying your BFP! No chemical! It will be ok. As the doctor says, it is early yet! But yah to Mexico! Tme off in the sun is definitely what you need!

love.gif

#497 of 790 Old 08-08-2011, 08:04 PM

April~ It looks like we are cycle buddies. I started my stims yesterday as well...and I have a u/s with blood work on Friday as well.

Belly~ Yeah...It will be great to walk with others who are doing injections and having blood drawn and u/s done at around the same times. smile.gif

Blue~ Yes...this is my first IVF and they have me on a ton of meds. I have done injectables before with 300 ui of follistim per day...this time they doubled that and added 75 ui of Leuvirus. I am already having hot flashes...lol.

Afm~I had the worst headache and neck pain last night...it started about 13 hrs after my first 300 ui shot of follistim. I was a little late taking the second shot...and then the headache got a whole lot worse. I also had some neck pain and a slight headache this morning and most of the day. I did better today with taking my shot at the right time...and as of now the headache is gone. I don't feel much different on the injectable, but to day is just day 2...I'll let you know how I'm doing around day 6-7-8...etc.  wink1.gif

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#498 of 790 Old 08-09-2011, 05:23 AM

Hey Ladies, I know we discussed this already but I have a question about what is considered bed rest. DH and I want to go home ;o) We're rather sick of staying in a hotel room. Anyway, tomorrow should be the procedure and I asked the nurse if we could go home after the procedure. She said that they don't recommend traveling within 24 hours of the procedure. But seriously, is sitting in a car really going to negatively impact the embryo? I mean, I can even put the seat in a more prone position or lie down in the back seat. Also, I seem to remember the doctor mentioning that it would probably be ok to go home the same day if we were driving home. So I sent the nurse another email just asking her to please check in with the doctor. But what do you guys think? Would sitting in a car a few hours after the procedure be something that you think would negatively influence the outcome of the IVF? I mean, I don't want to jeopardize anything but 1) I feel like my anxiety about going home is worse for the embryo and 2) it's really expensive living out of a hotel room, which adds to my anxiety!!!

Sigh, this is so stressful!

love.gif

#499 of 790 Old 08-09-2011, 06:00 AM

Renavoo, best rest recommendations seem to vary a lot by RE.  Our's says to "take it easy" which really means just no heavy lifting...which is impossible with a toddler!  He also is okay with people going back to work afterwards as long as it isn't a physical job (like a trainer, box girl, etc)  My goal this time is to try to relax that evening and maybe the next day, and lying in the back seat of a car sounds pretty relaxing these days!  Blue will probably have better advice since she commutes to her clinic.  I hope it works out for you.

Blue, gosh I am going crazy enough for you!  I really really really hope this is a BFP for you!

Gelly, I am not on any stims this time around (FET), but I am getting serious headaches too!  It's amazing how much a headache can effect you.

Aura, are you going to POAS again or wait for the beta?  I am a total POAS addict!  Which reminds me, I should start stocking up!

AFM, I am starting to wonder if the herbs the acupuncturist recommended are what is causing the headaches and stomach aches...I have already decreased the dose, but then I wonder if it's even worth it if I am taking less.  I am thinking next time, I might choose weekly massages instead of acupuncture (please don't let there be a next time for a couple years!)

#500 of 790 Old 08-09-2011, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter

renavoo - I know I've said this before but my RE said it was fine for us to drive home and for me to either be in the back seat laying down or in the front fully reclined.  I sat in the front fully reclined and my feet up on DH dashboard (there are still little toe prints from my toes hitting the window every now and then - which i really should clean for him).  We have like almost a 5hr drive home so I'm sure if I could do it you could do it.  Some RE's let their patients go back to work right after with no bedrest as long as they don't have a physical job like Belly said.  To me, you being stress about the whole thing I think can be more damaging than the stupid ride home in a car.... now if you had to walk home or something then I'd say NO, but I really don't think it is going to make a difference.  I got pregnant the first time we did our 1st IVF and we drove home the day of the ET (it didn't last but that wasn't b/c of the drive home it was egg quality issues).  Totally up to you, but I'd go for it!!!!  thumb.gif  Where you staying in a hotel the whole time you have been there like from ER to now?  How many hrs drive is it back home?

Belly - I was having headaches this time too and really never get head aches.  I also had stomach issues with herbs.  So much so i thought one day i was going to have to have my stomach pumped it was so bad.  Be careful.  I was always worried b/c most RE's don't like you using herbs with them, so I didn't do it.  That may just be b/c they don't know how it will mix with the meds but you aren't on any so who knows.

Auraleigh - wow, you have been through so much!!  I sure hope that all that stuff starts to calm down soon especially since they switched you now to different progesterone.  You should see a difference if that was the case.  I sure hope for your sake it was and now they know not to ever give that to you again.   Do you have any other weird allergies?

Gelly - hope the headaches don't come back.  I had them too all through my stimming this time for some reason.

AFM - Thanks all for your kind words about my little beta ordeal.  I couldn't really get made at the lady b/c it was my own fault that I didn't ask in the beginning.  I should have known better.  I think what happened was that they take my out of state RE's order form and transfer it onto their own lab form since it wasn't the same so the draw lady had no clue, but the lady at the desk should have been the one to notice it, but I should have just asked.  I tried to call days before to ask,b but for some reason they didn't pick up their phone.  It is an outpatient lab so next time I'll know to go to the hospital...it was me just trying to save a few dollars since everything with IF always cost so much!!! The "budget nazi" in the family is always reminding me how much we have already spent in medical to this date so I'm pretty sensitive to trying to find ways to save $ b/c I feel like it is all me even though I know I can't help that we have unexplained IF.  I'm still waiting to hear from the RE's nurse this morning.  I'd think if they pick the blood up at 10pm they would work on it when they got it I'd hope and then fax them the results in the middle of the night, but maybe not.

#501 of 790 Old 08-09-2011, 07:43 AM

Thanks ladies! I just used your messages to convince my DH that we can go home tomorrow. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

:o)

he's still thinking that he wants to see what the doctor says but he's more open to going home. Blue, I totally get what you mean about how much money we have spent!!! my own internal budget nazi is screaming at me. She doesn't want to spend another 200 dollars for me to lie in bed, especially since I'm so uphappy! We have been here close to 2 weeks- we were told to come up basically a week early. It wasn't their fault, however. they thought that they would be doing the egg retrieval on Tuesday but my response required three extra days.

Blue, my fingers are crossed for your BFP!!!!!!

love.gif

#502 of 790 Old 08-09-2011, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter

Renavoo - hope it works out for you!!!!  Keep us posted!!!  How many are you transferring back?  2, i forget.  Wow, how did you and DH take all that time off of work?  Does both your work places know about what is going on?

AFM - just got a message from the RE's nurse and she still hasn't heard anything, so she is going to make some calls to see if she can track it down.  We  continue to wait!!!!  The story of my LIFE!!!!!

#503 of 790 Old 08-09-2011, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyezz4 View Post

AFM - just got a message from the RE's nurse and she still hasn't heard anything, so she is going to make some calls to see if she can track it down.  We  continue to wait!!!!  The story of my LIFE!!!!!

ARGGGH!! duh.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#504 of 790 Old 08-09-2011, 10:36 AM

Had my second beta yesterday at 16dpo and it was 450! Up from 101 at 13dpo on Friday. So I guess I can officially be moved to the BFP list! Two more betas to go. My first ultrasound will be in a couple weeks!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif*36***40

#505 of 790 Old 08-09-2011, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Negative!!!!!!  greensad.gif  Kinda figured since the hpt was negative on Sunday and I just am not feeling any different.  The vibe I got from the transfer was really not good, so I kinda felt like it was really a shot in the dark that that one low grade embie would make it, I'm sorry to say.  They always want you to have another beta done like in a day or two, but to me it just seems like a waste of time and $.  Do other RE's require that as well?  I guess she said if my cycle comes and seems regular I don't have to, but I do have to let them know I guess.  I'm not going to do it.  Life goes on.... it always has!!!

#506 of 790 Old 08-09-2011, 10:41 AM

Oh, Blue. I'm SO sorry! hug2.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif*36***40

#507 of 790 Old 08-09-2011, 11:21 AM

Oh blue that isnt what we were praying for!!! Im so sorry I will continue to prayer for your comfort and understanding!!

AFM- back to the hospital my dh took me last night.. I thought I was going to explode!! 6 hours and 2 residents later they determined I has ohss and fluid in my abdominal cavity but not to much. My RE happen to be on call and he decided to have me just come into the office tommorrow and they will look at things. My beta was only 56 last night from 30 friday morning so they have me doing another one tonight and then another one in two days. We will see the dr said my doubling time is a little over 72 hours. So once again we will see how the next two betas go!!
Bungalow- super news that ur betas r looking great!!! joy.gif
#508 of 790 Old 08-09-2011, 12:17 PM

Blue: I am so sorry. I feel so much for you right now. Look on to the next cycle with hope. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

#509 of 790 Old 08-09-2011, 12:37 PM

Blue I'm so sorry, this is so unfair.  I'll be praying that your DH gets a new job with IF coverage.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#510 of 790 Old 08-09-2011, 12:54 PM

Blue - I am so sorry. I agree with Keria - that is unfair.

My RE did not offer a second beta after my non-successful FET. Just told me to stop the PIO and that I should get a period within a week.

Working mama to one seven year old daughter. 

Tags
Ivf The Wayward Stork What To Expect Who To Expect It From And Surviving It All , Ivf A Patients Guide , Infertility And Ivf , Acupuncture Ivf Increase Ivf Success By 40 60 , A Brief Guide To Ivf Ivf With Icsi Ivm And Frozen Embryo Transfer Infertility Guides , The Rollercoaster A Country Couples Ride With Ivf

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page