Summer IVF Thread - Let the Sun shine through all of usl!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-15-2011, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Keira - Congratulations! That is such great news!

Taxlady - So glad to hear your update! It's great that you're taking it easy and that everyone around you is so supportive.

AFM - I'm on cycle day 2 of my June cycle. I have to use OPKs this month and go in after ovulation for my endometrial biopsy. We're in the process of getting DH's four TESE vials down from Cornell as we speak. Our clinic shipped a liquid nitrogen tank yesterday so they should get it back with the vials tomorrow. I have the tracking info up on my screen and am refreshing constantly! We are doing a fresh TESE the day before my egg retrieval since DH still has a zero count post-chemo, but his hormone profile was slightly better before so the frozen ones might be better. We've decided to just split my eggs between the frozen and fresh TESE specimens and not use donor this time around. My thinking is that I'm only doing IVF to try to have DH's baby. I can do IUIs with donor sperm. I'm starting the Brewer diet today at my RE's advice. He thinks it helps reduce OHSS risk to have all the extra protein.

Blue - Thanks for running the thread! In terms of my dates, I'm not doing supression - just the antagnoist protocol with Menopur, Gonal-F, and Ganirellix. My July cycle should start 7/15 and I'll starts the stims on CD2.

Everyone - What protocol did y'all use? If you've done more than one protocol, which did you like best? I just see so much about the long Lupron protocol for first-timers. Makes me a little anxious about my antagonist protocol. My doctor said he likes it as a nice middle ground between long Lupron and flare protocols, but since he keeps talking about OHSS it makes me a bit nervous. I would love to hear everyone's experience. Also, were your stims just once a day or split into AM and PM doses?

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif*36***40

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2011, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

bungalowmama - My protocol was almost the same both times, with the exception of the trigger.  I stimmed with follistim at night and then added ganirelix (antagonist)in the AM about halfway through stimming and then triggered the first cycle with ovidrel and the second cycle with lupron.  

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

Old 06-15-2011, 12:34 PM

Hi could you add me? I'm doing stim meds right now and hopefully set for egg retrieval next Monday! Also just wondering if 7 eggs on my first ultrasound after starting stim meds is good and can I grow more before my retrieval date?

Old 06-15-2011, 04:42 PM

So my beta today it's 107,4  joy.gif 

I think it may be twins, by the way I would be thrilled if it's twins I read that I wrote yesterday and it seemed like I didn't want twins but it's just that I worry because I'm a worrier, but I'm sure everything will be fine, we are so lucky to have tons of help from family.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

Old 06-15-2011, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

Keria - Awesome numbers!!!!  joy.gif  So is that one thousand seventy four or One hundred - seven point  four?  I'm thinking that you don't live in the states and you may use the comma as we would a point.  So now what is next?  Do you have any more betas or is the U/S next????  So excited for you!!!!!  Wahhooooooo!!!!  About the hyster. test....Were you sore after (like the next day) you had your hysteroscopy?  I'm just thinking about this puppy will be coming 2 days after I have the scope, so I'm hoping I won't be too sore.

Krisknig - Welcome to the thread!!!  Sorry to have to meet you here and I hope your stay is short!!!  I've added you to our list and just keep us updated and I'll try to stay on top of things.  I think you could still have some other growing in there and maybe some of those smaller ones might catch up, so by the time you go for your ER there could be some more.  Everyone is different w/ how many follies they will get, so it is kinda hard to say.  Some people could have lower numbers, but better quality or have higher numbers and lower quality and vise versa with both.  It is just hard to know.

Bungalowmama - Just keep us updated when you actually start and then i'll add you to that list.  I don't want to start adding people and then for some reason the date may change by a day or two so it is just easier to do it the day you actually start.  With my initial fresh IVF I was on a long lupron protocol and for our next IVF I will be on The Microdose Lupron/Flare Protocol.  I'll let you know after I do this next one which one I like better.  I do know that the Lupron will be twice a day like 12 hrs apart which kinda seems like a pain since I was used to only doing my shots in the evening, but we will see.  Sorry I'm not more help.  I know after doing the Long Lupron and maybe not getting as good of embryos as we wanted my RE is trying this other one to see if we can improve the quality some.  We'll see!!!

Belly- Yes, the time is coming right up here with the dog!!!  Are you on stims or anything right now?  I have you on the list for your ET but no where else.  Is that right??  I know you are doing a FET so it is so different than a fresh, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Maurine - So good to see your name!!!  hug.gif I have thought about you often and I am hoping that all goes well with your upcoming birth of that little boy!!!  Can't wait to hear how it goes.  I can't believe you are almost there.... I remember when it all happened!!

Taxlady - Dream on girl, dream on - there is nothing wrong with dreaming in my opinion!!!!!!!  You could always POAS on Father's day and if it is neg. just don't get too down about it b/c you just never know for sure until the blood work comes back.  I know it is a hard decision to know if you should do it or not.  Keep us posted!!!

Kewpie - how are you feeling???

AFM - I was on a friends blog tonight and found this freezer meal recipe blog, so i thought I'd post it on here in case it might help some. Seems like a good idea.  Let me know if this link doesn't work.

http://lovemyfreezerdinners.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-06-10T12%3A48%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=7

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

Old 06-16-2011, 06:00 AM

Taxlady a BFP will be the perfect father's day present for you DH I;m corssing my fingers for you, and don't worry about  feeling nothing I  still don't feel much my boobs are sore but that's about it.

Bungalowmama I did antagonist as well, it's less meds and while it's supposed to produce less eggs the eggs are higher quality or that;s what my doc says.

Welcome Krisnig

Blue Yes we do it backwards here but since excel, calculators and globalization  using a dot is accepted too I usually use the dot when I'm on the computer but never on paper what is not accepted is the coma for thousands because that  just looks weird.

After the test was over it so was the pain  which was really quick btw like 3 or 4 minutes, after that I just had some spotting but that was it, I guess you will be a little groggy form the anesthesia but you should be back to normal by the next day.

So far I have nothing scheduled I do have another beta on tuesday and an appointment with my RE right after that I guess we'll schedule an u/s then. I'm trying to decide if I wanna do another beta on friday doc said it was up to me.

And 8 days till puppy comes home!! I hope to see tons of pictures.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:38 AM

Keira, wow!  Exciting news on your beta!  I think I only did 2 betas with my daughter, then an u/s at about 6 six weeks.  I just noticed your question way back on the last page.  We have 19 frosties left (12 are blasts and 7 are day3 embies --- we thawed 5 day3 embies in April to transfer 2 excellent, that ended in my ectopic).  My RE hopes that the blasts will thaw better so I only have to thaw 2 or 3 depending on which vial we choose.  I wanted to do blasts last time, but they had to change one of my appointments last minute and the timing didn't work out anymore :(

KrisKnig, welcome!  sounds like you are well on your way!  Can't wait to hear about your ER!

Bungalow, I did the Lupron protocol for my fresh cycle back in 2009.  I think that is the "basic/standard" one for my RE office. 

Blue, I really hope you get some answers with your test!  And hopefully, you'll be back on your A game for the puppy! :)  I need to check out the meal link you posted...in my dreams I would always have a frozen meal ready to heat for those crazy days!

Taxlady, That would pretty much be the best Father's Day gift ever!  I'll be crossing everything for you this weekend!!!!!!!!!

Silver, rcr, julieven, thinking about all of you.

AFM, I am going in for a progesterone test this morning.  Even though I am on a pretty high dosage of the estrogen, I am starting to convince myself that I ovulated last week on vacation :(  I am glad I am going in because I am starting to get into a panic state.  I just need to know either way....but I really really really hope it's a go.  From what I have been reading online, Lupron would be the next step for supression, but I would have to wait till August to try again!  Ugh...please pray/finger cross for me today.  My RE is out of town until tomorrow so I probably wont find out until then :(  It's going to be a  LONG day!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

Old 06-16-2011, 11:50 AM

Hey y'all!

I had another u/s today and babies look great.  Both had heart rates of 153 BPM and were measuring on time.  We found out why I've been having the bleeding.  I've got a subchorionic hematoma next to baby A.  The doc thinks that it's scabbed over, but they've got me on another week of bedrest to make sure it doesn't reopen.  We're also abstaining for the whole first trimester.  I've been reading about it and it only causes m/c in about 1-3% of pregnancies and it usually is gone by week 20.  It *can* cause placenta abruption, though, so they're watching it pretty closely.  

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

Old 06-16-2011, 12:21 PM

Thanks everyone for sharing your protocols! I'm glad to hear I'm not the lone antagonist.

krisknig - Welcome! Keep us updated on the egg retrieval. Are you going for daily ultrasounds at this point? Fingers crossed for lots of healthy eggs!

Blue - I'll definitely update when it's go time. Impatience is getting the best of me and I'm ready to start NOW! My stims are all split between AM and PM doses, too. And since I'm stimming with both Menopur and Gonal-F that means 4 shots a day, up to 5 when add Ganirellix. Eek! I'm not afraid of needles, but I may be by the end of this process. How's the puppy nesting coming along? All ready for your new arrival?

Belly - I hope you get the news that you're hoping for and that you can go forward with the FET this month!

Keria and Kewpie - your recent successes with the antagonist protocol are particulary encouraging. Here's hoping I'll follow in your footsteps. Yay for the beta results Keria! And that's awesome news about the ultrasound, Kewpie. I think you're smart to do the bedrest. Have you switched to a regular OB at this point?

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif*36***40

Old 06-16-2011, 12:29 PM

Kewpie, so glad you found out what was causing the bleeding!  It's great they are keeping a close eye on you, and it sounds like your *girls* are doing well :)  ***just my prediction*** thumb.gif

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

Old 06-16-2011, 12:32 PM

bungalowmama - I've sort of been switched... I was released to the OB today, but the RE is still having me come back in a week to check on the SCH, so I'm kinda doing both atm.

IVF #1 11 weeks

Old 06-16-2011, 12:35 PM

Bungalow, we cross posted.  I meant to include earlier that I had am/pm shots too :)

Oh, and Blue, I forgot to answer your question :)  Boy I am off today, my mind is stuck on getting my progesterone results!  No stims for me, just the estrogren supression 3x day.  It's crazy that I had problems ovulating on my own, but I think that I can while suppressed dizzy.gif  Maybe it has something to do with losing my tube? 

Old 06-16-2011, 12:43 PM

belly - girls, huh? orngtongue.gif  We'll see if you're right in about 10 weeks. lol

IVF #1 11 weeks

Old 06-16-2011, 01:19 PM

Just heard back..........IT'S A GO!!!!!!  banana.gif And I really needed a dancing banana for that!  So I go in for my u/s tomorrow and then transfer 2 blasts on Tuesday!  Now, I just need time to speed up

whistling.gif

ETA:  Kewpie, I have a pretty good track record with my friends orngtongue.gif   

Old 06-16-2011, 01:25 PM

Kewpie - I'm glad they discovered the source of the bleeding, and that your babies are doing well - after all, it doesn't just happen for no reason! The bleeding sounds like what I had as well. I just rested for 3 or 4 weeks, until I was almost 12 weeks along, then everything went well and I had a healthy girl at 38 weeks.

Taxlady - This made me laugh! Those lips do stand out in a crowd. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and if you are brave enough to POAS, I hope it goes well!

The other day I saw Lisa Rinna at Trader Joe's and I was like, even sunglasses are not going to disguise those lips.  ENJOY your wine in the meantime. You've got quite a few more embies, if I remember correctly.

Blue- I'm hopeful that I won't get the cold shoulder and silent treatment next time around. I casually mentioned that the next FET could happen in August and that the clinic needed a new form signed before this, and he didn't get all upset like last time. We still have 7 embryos left, so lots more chances. I did promise that if we go through them all and are unsuccessful, that I would call it quits. I hope to God it doesn't come to that!

I'll keep my fingers crossed and pray that DH doesn't "sign off" on trying again.  I forget if you have any more frozen? 

Can you put me on the "In Waiting" list for now?

I'm still waiting for AF. I stopped the prometrium Monday am and nothing so far. Is it possible to completely miss it? Not that I'm complaining wink1.gif

TTC since 2004

IUI Sept 2006 - BFN

IVF 2007 - beautiful DD stillheart.gif

Single FET June 2011 - BFN

Single FET Sept 19/11 - BFP, then BFN by the next week. No joy.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:25 PM

Yay Belly for transfer of two perfect blasts, now  do me what am I having?

Kewpie I'm glad your little beans are doing well take all the rest you need.

I was complaining to DH that I feel no symptoms at all and I think that I should be feeling something by now then he mentioned that I have taken a nap the past 3 days and complained of dizziness so I guess I do have some symptoms.

ETA I just went to the bathroom and found some blood in my underwear I know that this can be normal but I'm still panicking and it's to late to call the doctor going to have to call in the morning.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:52 PM

keria - try to not panic!  When I had my bleeding, the doctor told me to get in bed with my legs elevated and to drink plenty of water.  Unless you are having strong cramping and passing clots the size of quarters, you don't need to worry.  Bleeding is SO common in early pregnancy, especially with IVF.  The laying down will keep your uterus from contracting and the water will help keep it calm as well.  Do you have a number you can call for the RE on call?  

When I had my bleeding at 5 weeks, it was a large gush that soaked my underwear and I had a couple dime sized clots and the babies are fine, so please try to stay calm.  It's not always bad.  

IVF #1 11 weeks

Old 06-16-2011, 05:57 PM

belly - So excited for your transfer!   Good luck!  Do you know how many you're transferring yet?  

IVF #1 11 weeks

Old 06-16-2011, 06:17 PM

Thanks kewpie for the reassurance, I did call my RE's assistant and he told me not to worry to do another beta tomorrow and to stay in bed today for the rest of today,  I'ts only a little bit of pink blood but it still worried me I took another HPT and it's as dark as the control line so that it's good.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:52 PM

keria - any bleeding in any amount is scary, I know firsthand how that feels.  I think your HPT result is reassuring and that it's a small amount of pink.  I'd be willing to bet everything's fine.  hug2.gif for you!

IVF #1 11 weeks

Old 06-16-2011, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Keria - Kewpie's words of encouragement has to be comforting since she has "been there done that" so to say!!!  Hope you are laying low and drinking lots of water.  I'm glad to hear you are having another beta tomorrow just to check your levels again.  What time do you think you will hear?  Praying all is fine and your bean/beans are doing fine and just snuggling in a little deeper.

Belly - Yeah!!!  Glad to hear all is okay and you haven't ovulated yet. Good news!!! Keep us posted.

Purple - You have been updated.

Bungalowmama - I know the wait is a killer!!! I'm there with you!  When do you think you will actually be starting your meds?  The puppy nesting is coming along, but a little slower than I wanted.  I told DH to head to the driving range tonight b/c I think he is getting burned out from all this painting.  We are hoping to get a lot done this weekend b/c we have to drive out of town to MI on Tues night and then I have my procedure(test) on Wed morning there with my RE then we will drive home hopefully that day/night after they let me out of the hospital, so we really need to get moving on this painting and "get-er-done"!!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Old 06-17-2011, 05:17 AM

Thankyou kewpie and blue I had more spotting yesterday maybe like a teaspoon total but it seems to have stopped, I'll go for a beta as soon as DH wakes up we should hear the results around 3 or so  Please little baby be ok.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:29 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi All: I haven't read in a while, so I have a lot to catch up on and I hope I don't miss anybody.

Welcome to the new members!

Purple - I am so sorry about the BFN. I hope you are able to get Dh on board, but even more than that, I hope he can somebow get excited about it and actually want it to happen.

Keira - oh no! bleeding is so scary. I will be checking back today to see if everything is ok. I am crossing my fingers for your little one(s).

Blue - your hystscopy is soon, right? I am anxious to hear how it went.

Taxlady and belly - crossing my fingers for both of you!

Bungalo - I forgot the name of my protocol. I was on follistim and menipur together in the evening, then I added gannirelix in the evening after my follies got to a certain size. The next time we do IVF the RE said that she is going to change the protocol to get more follies and higher quality.

AFM - nothing. Just taking a break. I am leaving for vacation in about 2 weeks, and then when I get back I have my hyst/lap. I should be O'ing on Sunday or Monday, but I am not even temping or peeing on an OPK. So we will probably BD this weekend, but I am certainly not getting my hopes up.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:34 AM

Beta is 277 my first doubling time was 23.52 now is 34.98 is that bad anyone knows?

Old 06-17-2011, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keria View Post

Beta is 277 my first doubling time was 23.52 now is 34.98 is that bad anyone knows?

Keria - Okay, so your first beta on Mon was 25.9 right??? So they want it to double every two days so that would mean that by wed they would want it to be at least 51.8 or better and then on Fri they probably would want it to be 103.6 or better, so I'd say you are in the good range. I think you are fine.  I'll keep my fingers crossed and pray it will all work out!!!  What did the dr or nurse say when they told you your numbers today?  Do you have to go in again for another one?

Old 06-17-2011, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hi all just popped in to see how your all doing.

Keira hope your bleeding is all cleared up soon.  So scary.

I just wanted to share that I finaly had some (non fertilty) good news.  I've been told how much my widows pention will be and hopefuly if I'm frugal it will be enough to let me SAHM.  I'm really please becuase I felt like my dreams of SAHMing and home eding died with DH but hopefully it will now be a reality.  So while I'd rather have my dh than any pay cheque in the world I'm pleased that I may still be able to provide for any kids I am able to have alone.

Just wanted to share as talking about my plans for motherhood as a newly widowed women would proably raise a few eyebrow IRL.  But I need some hope for the future.

Good luck all.  Looking forward to more BFP as the thread goes on!

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

Old 06-17-2011, 02:18 PM

Blue, he is not answering his phone hammer.gif I'll call back again in an hour,  I've been reading on beta base and it looks like it could be normal it seems the doubling times slow down I was just concerned because it seemed to slow down a lot, I wish I could fast forward to my u/s, no more spotting so I'm thrilled about that, you had spotting in november and it cleared up right?

Silver I'm glad you got some good news and who cares what everyone else thinks.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:20 PM

Keira, I can see how you would be concerned but I am sure it is fine.  Did your RE say anything when he called with the results?  I think I remember that happening from my fresh cycle, and I was on betabase all the time :) 

Silver, that's great news!  It would be better to have DH around, but atleast part of your dream is still alive.  DH is certainly still watching over you and providing for you and your future children.

rcr, glad to "see" you!  I'll be praying for a miracle month :)

Kewpie, we will be transfering 2 blasts if all goes to plan. 

Blue, Taxlady, Purple, everyone hi wave.gif

AFM, had my u/s this morning...didn't really go well.  My lining is only 6.2mm which is thinner than they would like.  It looks good (triple stripe), but just thin.  Took the same amount of drugs and last time and it was 7.5mm.  What really sucks is we can't move my transfer date out to try to thickin it up because I already started the progesterone.  So we are going forward, and I have increased my estrogen dose to try to get a little more lining by Tuesday.  I am pretty bummed and worried, but there isn't much I have control over.  He said it's right at the borderline for cancelling.  I just don't want to wait till August to try again, but I hate the thought of wasting blasts.  Please tell me you have heard a success story with a thin lining?!?! 

Old 06-17-2011, 03:34 PM

The lab just emails the results so I did not get to talk no anyone, but I talked to the assistant and he said everything was fine to not worry and come to the office on tuesday.

Belly I'm no help but I hope your lining gets nice and think to makes a home for your blasts for the next 9 months.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:41 PM

So more bad news for me....not only is my lining borderline too thin (and he said that since I started progesterone it wont get any thicker), I just got my latest bloodwork results from the RE and my estrogen levels are only 360.  I guess a "natural" cycle is around 200 and they want a FET around 500-600, so I am basically right in the middle.  After talking it through with him, and DH, I think we are going to transfer 2 morulas instead of blasts.  I am not *as* concerned with the money as I am with throwing my best blasts away on a cycle that might be doomed from the start....not that the money isn't a factor, but the real risk to me is the embryos.  I am just a little heartbroken that this probably wont be successful, and I'll have to wait till the end of August to try again gloomy.gif

Tags
Ivf The Wayward Stork What To Expect Who To Expect It From And Surviving It All , Ivf A Patients Guide , Infertility And Ivf , Acupuncture Ivf Increase Ivf Success By 40 60 , A Brief Guide To Ivf Ivf With Icsi Ivm And Frozen Embryo Transfer Infertility Guides , The Rollercoaster A Country Couples Ride With Ivf
User Tag List