Summer IVF Thread - Let the Sun shine through all of usl!!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 790 Old 06-22-2011, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thank you to all for the welcome back!!

Blue, yes you can add me to the list.  I will start meds as soon as AF comes.

AFM:  I am on prevera now to make it happen, so it should start next week sometime.  I have 3 embryo's left that I am not sure how good they are.  The RE said he put the best two in last time, which were perfect 8 cell embryos.  They froze all three in the same vial and the RE said with the quaility if they all three make the thaw then he thinks it would be best to transfer all three.  My husband and I are okay with that but really think that all three wont make it anyway.  I am okay if only one good one makes it.  so my first ultrasound should be late next week or early the following then I think we will be doing the transfer by the second week in july or around there.  

Good luck belly lots of sticky vibes!!!!  Also goodluck Blue with your "surgery"!!!!

Have a good rest of your week all!!!!

#122 of 790 Old 06-22-2011, 11:15 AM

Taxlady Hugs to you taking a break from TTC is very healing.

Blue hoping everything went well and you are resting now.

So curiosity got the best of me and I got another beta it's 3083 I'm a little surprised to see such a high number, don't know how I'm going to make it until the u/s maybe I'll convince my RE for an earlier one.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#123 of 790 Old 06-22-2011, 12:54 PM

Taxlady, (((HUGS))) TTC is emotionally and physically draining.  I hope your break is refreshing.  How many snowbabies do you have after both cycles?  Do you think you will try those or do another fresh cycle after the break?  Your positive vibes are so great to have around, I hope you stop by and see us :)

Keira, wow, those numbers are great!!!!!!  I remember how hard it was waiting for the first u/s and when I started going to my ob, I asked for a u/s the first few times just for reassurance!

Lyndi, I hope this is your cycle!  Your transfer is right around the corner! 

Blue, good luck today!!!

AFM, tick tock...boy not even 24 hours past transfer and I already want to POAS :)  I am pretty sure it will be a BFN, but I just wish I could know already.  I have had lots of cramping this time, which I don't recall from my last transfer. 

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#124 of 790 Old 06-22-2011, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
blue, thinking of you today! goodvibes.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#125 of 790 Old 06-22-2011, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Hi all!!!!  Awwwww..... i'm tired and i'm having all of these technology issues right now with my phone and computer and it is really irritating me right now so i hope to God I get through this message before I throw something (ie. my comp or phone) through a window.  Deep Breath!!!!  Okay... i'm better!! LOL

Tear - Aww you are too sweet my friend!!  Always good to see your name pop up and gives me a warm feeling to receive your vibes.  Thanks. I hope you are enjoying your summer vacation. When is the big due date again... sorry i know I asked before but it slipped my mind.  Blame it on the anestesia!!!  See below for full update.

Belly - Thanks girl!!  I love that you are feeling crampy... go with it!!!!  Keep sending positive vibes to that bean, it might be a miracle bean, you just never know.  So just keep sending it tons of love and positive vibes to be a sticky healthy one after all!!!!  I'm for sure rooting for you!!

Taxladyhug2.gif friend!!!!!  I hope your little break with DH can be just what you need to try and relax and maybe it will be just what you need and rejuvenate both you and DH!!!!  Thinking and praying for you both!

Keria - Holy numbers Bat-women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL...... Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I want to say when we got pregnant with our twin boys we had our first  U/S at I think 6 wks, i think but i'd have to go back and see if it might have been just a bit earlier since my numbers were so high.  Keep us posted.

Kewpie -  I miss you!!!  I don't think I ever reply to your last info post.  Those heartbeats sound nice and strong!!!  Yay!!!!  I think not DTD is probably the safest thing for now!!!  Hope you are doing well and I think of you often.

alphahen  & Krisknig - what is going on with both of you?? Haven't heard much from you so i thought I'd check in.

Hi to everyone else.

AFM - Well, I had the hysteroscopy today and all went well.  My RE said I had 3 poylp that he removed while he was in there.  I woke up pretty fast aferwards and just wanted to get the heck out of the hospital.  So i pushed the call button and told them I wanted to go to the bathroom b/c i felt pretty good (just a little crampy and my cervix was sore) and i knew once I went to the bathroom then we could leave.  I did ask my RE if the polyps could have been part of our problem and he said he didn't think so, but he said you never know and it is better to have them out of there for sure, basically was his answer.  My thought is that they didn't even know that they were there in the first place so who knows if that could have been part of our problem. I Googled uterine polyps and it says one of the symptoms can be infertility, so it really kinda makes you wonder.  I wonder if we should try on our own a month before we go back to IVF , i just don't know b/c he said he didn't think it was the problem, but who knows.  Also, why didn't anyone ever see them on an U/S... that is what i was wondering.  I also had that saline u/s like before we started IVF and no one said they were there either, so maybe they are newer or something.  DH missed meeting with the RE after my surgery b/c he was down getting something to eat i guess so we didn't see him, but he called me in recovery and talked to me on the phone so that was nice.  I have a  f/u phone call w/ him in two weeks instead of having to go up there (5hr drive) to see him which is nice.  Still bleeding some when i pee which is normal, i think and he said no sex for 2 wks... guess we will miss our window of opportunity w/ Ovulating this month.  bummer!  That is the scoop here!!!!  Thanks for all the good thoughts... I felt them all!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#126 of 790 Old 06-23-2011, 06:53 AM

Oh Blue, I'm so glad you made it through that test.  IT boggles my mind that no one saw the polyps before.. but I sure hope that is a "reason" things haven't worked in the past.

You all are so supportive, it makes it impossible to leave!  AF arrived and now the outlook is not so grim.  I think we'll take a break from IF treatments, I'm not even sure how many snowbabies are there.  I want to know why he thought it was a good idea to put my four best embryos back?  WHY 4??  I've never heard of that before.. and I don't think I mentioned this, but right before he put them in, he told us that if 3 or 4 survived we'd have to do a selection because 3 or 4 would be too dangerous to carry.  So I went home with that hanging over my head, I think I didn't want it to work because it would be really hard for my adopted DH and I to make that sort of decision.  It all happened way to fast to even discuss it.  I just put my blind faith into him..

Right now, I'm doing a lot better.  I'm a little pissed at my Dr.  You know the one that went to middle school with my DH?  Yeah, he hasn't even called us.  They make the lady doctor, who I assume is sort of still in training make all the phone calls.  I don't like this.  AND NOW HERE IS THE NEXT FREAKY THING.. last night we turned on the T.V which was already tuned into TLC.  The program happened to be "I didn't know I was pregnant".. OK.. this is not a show I like to watch.. BUT.. right there staring back at us WAS MY DOCTOR!  WHAT??  What are you doing on T.V.??  He was explaining how a vasectomy can actually not work and this is how this woman got pregnant.  Ok, I do live very close to Hollywood, I work in Hollywood, BUT WHAT IS MY DOCTOR DOING ON T.V.???  So, now I'm a little more uncomfortable.  Not only do my DH and my Dr. know some of the same people (I checked on FB) but he's on T.V.  HE hasn't called me about this last cycle.. I just feel sort of weird about the entire thing.  Also, here is another thing, I do the tax return of the cryobank that handles the freezing of sperm and stuff.. my firm does the audit (I don't personally work on the audit) but there is an inventory evaluation during an audit, wouldn't it be so weird if the auditors selected my snowbabies for inventory evaluation?  I wonder if they are stored by name or if they stored by some identifying number.. I think I'll check with the audit team on that one.  

Keria!!  Awesome numbers.  Belly.. you hang in there, baby morulas are awesome!  

Married to DH since 7/08 - TTC since 8/09
#127 of 790 Old 06-23-2011, 08:07 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Blue - glad to hear it went so well, that makes me feel better for my own hyst/lap. What exactly is a polyp? Sounds like good news that they found something that is fixable, but not too bad, y/k. How are you feeling today?

Taxlady - OK, all of those things are very freaky. I am not sure if they are freaky in a good way or bad way though. Sorry AF came. When you said you got a BFN, I didn't realize that you already did your beta too, I though it was just a pee stick. Sorry for saying that there is still hope left. I am curious why the RE thinks that you should selectively reduce 3. I guess I can understand 4, but healthy triplets are born all the time. In fact, yesterday I came across a post on the main board from a DDC from somebody who had healthy triplets vaginally!

Keira - yay for high numbers!

Belly - thinking of you. Hope you haven't peed on a stick yet! biggrinbounce.gif

AFM - I am feeling a lot better, so coming back to this tread more often. Taking a break is going good, I have been drinking red wine nearly every night, didn't track anything this month (although we did BD around the time I thought I should be O'ing).  

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#128 of 790 Old 06-23-2011, 08:31 AM

I don't have much time so I'll be back later for more :)

Blue, WOW!  I can't believe they found 3 polyps.  It just seems like that had to be part of the problem.  Looks like your house cleaning will be perfect for trying naturally, IUI, or IVF.  I am so excited you have some answers.  I wonder what your RE thinks the other factors in your IF are?

Taxlady, yeah that's crazy...what are the odds that you had that show on and your RE was on it?!?  I would definitely want to talk to him about the number of embryos you transfered.  How many snowbabies you have, the odds of a FET vs. IVF, and how many he would transfer in the future.  Did you prepay for 2 or 3 IVF?  Did it include FET's?  I am glad to hear you are doing a little better.

AFM, I go in next Thursday for my beta.  I just don't think the odds are that good considering the lining, estrogen level, and only transfering one morula (still developing, but a few cells damaged from the freeze/thaw).  I wish I was a little more hopeful.

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#129 of 790 Old 06-23-2011, 09:49 AM

Blue, I'm glad everything went well, polyps do prevent implantation so it;s good they are out, I can't believe they missed them before though, did they said what size they were?

Taxlady I'm glad you are felling better, my other doctor never called me after my BFN either it was one of many things that I didn't like about her, I think you should make an appointment and get all of your questions answered.

Belly that is fast how many dpo will you be then?

#130 of 790 Old 06-23-2011, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

To answer all your questions in a nut shell -  I guess they really weren't that large and he feels that they probably weren't the cause of our infertility which is why he doesn't really think us trying on our own is going to make much difference at this point and also why they wouldn't have been picked up on an u/s so to say.  I'm glad I asked though. I guess fertility drugs can cause them to grow bigger so I'm sure it would have just been a matter of time.  I have been spotting really early though so it may be interesting to see if this stops now.  I'm not feeling too bad today.  Bleeding is slowing down and the burning when I pee is getting better (TMI - sorry).  Didn't sleep well at all for some reason last night, so I kinda feel tired which makes me feel a little crapy, but i'm sure that is just the anesthesia working out of my system. Haven't had to take any ibuprofen at all today, but did some last night. Tomorrow will be a good day though, I can feel it...plus it is puppy day so what can beat that!!!!!!! Anyways, my RE is so sweet... he actually called me himself this morning to check on me and see how I was feeling.  I totally didn't expect it and was thinking it would be his nurse when I answered the phone.  He needs to be cloned!!!! LOL  We need more Drs like that in this world!!

Belly - wow, beta next thurs!!!  I'll have to mark that down on the front page.

rcr - per wikipedia.... A polyp is an abnormal growth of tissue projecting from a mucous membrane. If it is attached to the surface by a narrow elongated stalk it is said to be pedunculated. If no stalk is present it is said to be sessile. Polyps are commonly found in the colon, stomach, nose, sinus(es), urinary bladder and uterus. They may also occur elsewhere in the body where mucous membranes exist like the cervix [1] and small intestine.

-Glad you are enjoying your break with some good red wine!!!  Hope you have a great vacation too!  How fun!!!

taxlady -  Hmmmmmm...... that is kinda odd and I think I might think about changing practices!  That just kinda hits a little too close to home for my tastes especially since he knows some of that same people you may hang out with.  I want to be the one to pick and choose who i decide to share my IF story with so I'm not sure I'd like that... not that he will share, or at least by HIPPA rules he shouldn't, but you know.  Keep us posted.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#131 of 790 Old 06-23-2011, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

blue - aww I miss y'all too.  I do lurk here pretty much daily, though. orngbiggrin.gif  I'm doing well.  The subchorionic hematoma that gave me that bleeding scare a few weeks back has officially healed, so I'm finally off bedrest today.  Also, the babies decided to put on a show and they wiggled and kicked for us.  You could see their little hands and feet waving.  It melted my heart.  We're not in a "safer zone" yet, but so far things are looking good. 

I'm glad they found the polyps and removed them!  Even if they aren't causing your IF, it's nice to know they're gone. :)

taxlady - I'm so sorry about your BFN.  I was so hoping this would be your month.  I'll be thinking of you while you take your break.  Before resorting to IVF, there were many times we took breaks in between treatments and surgeries.  It does help renew attitudes and outlooks and what-not.  If you ever want to just vent it all out, feel free to PM me.

Keria - GREAT numbers!  I can't wait till your u/s!

everyone else - Hi!  and I read about you all daily, so please keep us posted!

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#132 of 790 Old 06-23-2011, 11:07 AM

Keria, I'll be 14dpo next Thursday.  It always seems so fast when you start with 5 day embryos!  Of course next week seems like an eternity away to me.  I'll probably POAS beforehand...it's crushing getting a negative HPT, but I feel like I get the grieving process started early and the beta results don't "hurt" as bad since it's expected. 

#133 of 790 Old 06-23-2011, 12:26 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Yea, I agree, Belly, getting that call with a BFN from the RE is less horrible if you are expecting it. The only time I actually thought that I might be pregnant (the last IUI), was so much more crushing than all the other times I got a BFN because I was kinda expecting it to be a BFP.

Hi Kewpie!

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#134 of 790 Old 06-23-2011, 12:27 PM

I have everything crossed for you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyBean View Post

Keria, I'll be 14dpo next Thursday.  It always seems so fast when you start with 5 day embryos!  Of course next week seems like an eternity away to me.  I'll probably POAS beforehand...it's crushing getting a negative HPT, but I feel like I get the grieving process started early and the beta results don't "hurt" as bad since it's expected. 

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#135 of 790 Old 06-23-2011, 05:52 PM

Kewpie, thanks for keeping everything crossed!  I think I am really going to need it :)  I am glad your doing well and off bedrest!  I love seeing your ticker move, and even though my life seems to be standing still your ticker seems to move quickly :)

rcr, it's so nice to have you around more!!!!

Blue, tomorrow is P-day (puppy day!)  Yay!

I am pretty sure someone had an ER the same day as my transfer (or really close).  I guess I could go back to the first page, but I can't risk losing my thoughts :)  Wishing all the quiet ladies well.

#136 of 790 Old 06-23-2011, 07:32 PM

Hello everyone...I'm still pretty new to this thread. I have been lurking and reading...just waiting for my IVF journey to begin...and finally it has. This evening AF is just arriving...yeah...now to call the RE and find out when I start my BC pills...and get started on this IVF journey. 

I have a consultation set up with the RE for next Friday. So I don't know much more at this point except that I have to call with period, and have a 3-5 day U/S to make sure everthing is going okay...at some point I will start B/C pills and at somepoint infertility meds. From what the nurse said I'll be having my transfer the first or second week of August. I'm just sooooo ready to get things moving. winky.gif

Gelly

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#137 of 790 Old 06-24-2011, 05:33 AM

Blue:  Thanks so much for asking about me!  Glad to hear that your polyps were discovered and removed.  Even if it is unclear whether they are a factor in your IF, at least now you know they no longer are!  Hoping you will post a pic of the new pup!

Taxlady:  I agree that is a crazy set of coincidences.  I would find it a little creepy too.  Are you considering potentially switching docs?

Belly: FX for you!  Hang in there.

Keria and Kewpie:  Hope those little ones are growing like weeds.

AFU:  It has been a crazy few weeks (hence the silence).  Because this is our first IVF cycle, we have been learning as we go and trying not to bug the heck out of the poor folks at the REs office.  Retrieval is today!!! The last u/s suggested we might have 7 or 8 retrievable eggs.  I was a little discouraged by those numbers.  Just hoping the quality is there so that as many as possible are fertilized and grow in the lab.  Luckily, my lining caught up so we are going to be able to move forward with the transfer without having to freeze.  It is going to be a lonnnnnggggg weekend!

Sending peaceful thoughts out to all.

Mad about DP with dog2.gif dog2.gifcanine children.

Proud auntie to 8 nieces and nephews.

TTC #1 since October 2010. 

#138 of 790 Old 06-24-2011, 05:49 AM

Good luck today Alphahen!!!!!  I am so happy to hear your lining is great and you don't need to freeze.  I am learning with my FET's that it just complicates things further :)  Please keep us updated on how it goes!

#139 of 790 Old 06-24-2011, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

Alphahen- good to see your name again.  I always worry that some of the new people think we aren't being friendly or something, but I  usually just look back up the page that I'm replying to and when I see people who have posted on that page I respond, so if someone hasn't posted sometimes it is hard to remember names, but we think about everyone.  I hope your ER goes well today.  Be sure to let us know when you get a chance and I'm sending you lots of positive vibes for everything to go smoothly...goodvibes.gif.  Don't worry, i'll try to get a new pic up of the pup sometime this weekend. Maybe I'll change my profile pic to her as she continues to grow if I can figure out how to do that.  I'll have to play with it, never done it before.

gellybean - Glad to see your name again as well. See my comment about new people in Alphahen's area above.   Good to hear that you are about to get this ball rolling!!  I think it feels so much better to be doing something when you have IF instead of just waiting for it to happen.  Keep us posted and remember we are always here to answer any questions that we can.  Take care!!

Belly - I think it was Krisknig, or at least that is what the list says on the first page.  Hope we hear from her soon.  Just a little trick.... sometimes I will just open another tab and open MDC again and look back to see what i missed if need be.  That is what I just did when you said there might have been someone else on the first page. 

Kewpie - good to hear that the bleeding issue seems to have healed up and i'll keep my fingers crossed for you from here on out!!!  Be sure to keep us updated.

AFM - just trying to finish up my puppy nesting that has been going on.  I still feel a little off from the anesthesia and feel much better sitting down or laying down, when i'm up and about (which is what i need to be doing right now) i kinda feel light headed and nauseous, but better than yesterday, so i think it is working out of my system.  Still want to mop the laundry rm and finish some laundry before the pup comes home and need to get the baby gates and barriers up to keep her off the carpet for awhile until potty training gets into full swing.  Approx. 8 hrs until we pick her up. joy.gif Tried to enjoy my last full night of sleep last night b/c i'm sure she will be crying for her mamma tonight.  Awww.... that will make me sad.  Poor little girl.. I might have to sleep on the floor with her or have my hand in her crate as she sleeps so she knows I'm there for her.  LOL... my DH won't allow that b/c he says it will cause bad behaviors and she will expect it every night but I'm a softy when those puppies cry.  I'm going to try and be tough though!!  In the long run it will be better for her, i know.

#140 of 790 Old 06-25-2011, 05:17 AM

Blue where are the puppy pictures? how did the first night go?

Alphahen Hoping everything went well

Kewpie love the picture.

#141 of 790 Old 06-25-2011, 10:03 AM

Just heard from the doc this AM. Eight eggs were retrieved yesterday and five have fertilized.  Not the best numbers to work with but we will take it.  Now we just have to wait until first thing Monday  to make the call on Day 3 for Day 5 transfer.  I am praying I have time to get in my acupuncture sessions if it does end up being on Monday.  I have really come to rely on those to keep me sane through all of this!!

Until then, we are hanging in there and hoping for the best ... praying.gif

Happy weekend to everyone.

Mad about DP with dog2.gif dog2.gifcanine children.

Proud auntie to 8 nieces and nephews.

TTC #1 since October 2010. 

#142 of 790 Old 06-25-2011, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Alphahen - sending lots of positive vibes to your eggies!!!  Keep us posted!!!

Holy cow!!! It was kinda a long night, but we survived. My DH took the new "baby" Abigail (Abby) over to see some friends and drop some stuff off, so that way I had some time to myself to get some stuff done around the house and take a shower!!  I think we were up 5 times last night (DH-2 Me-3) b/c of her crying and pretty much everytime she cried after being asleep for about an hour we would come down and let her out and she would pee in the yard like a pro.  The most she cried was off and on for maybe 15-20 mins and the last time I came down to let her out and then we played a little at like 4am in the morning I put her back in her create and she cried for like 4 mins and then was off to sleep.  When I got up to feed her this morning and then she did her business I took her up to our bed (rule breaker) and she was sooooooo happy to lay between us under the sheets and fell asleep like a baby for almost an hour or more.  We will see.  Hope that tonight will be better, I think it will.  She is all over the place, but so smart.  She can climb the stairs already and she has no fear and jumps off the couch already too.  She knows where her bowls are and is already doing a pretty good job at playing fetch, we just have to work on the give part.  I'll try to post another pic here, but you will notice I changed my profile pic to her side profile!  She is a keeper and we are in LOVE!!  Sorry about the devil eyes, but she is still cute and looks really big but is actually smaller than I expected.

IMG-20110624-00099.jpg

#143 of 790 Old 06-25-2011, 10:50 AM

alphahen - Sending growing vibes to your eggies!!!  

blue - she's ADORABLE!  Please give her a kiss and scratch from me!

IVF #1 11 weeks

#144 of 790 Old 06-25-2011, 03:41 PM

Alphahen 5 is great I had 4 fertilized eggs, crossing my fingers that all your little embies grow perfectly.

Blue she is os cute I want to rub her belly puppies bellies are the softest and she does look gigantic.

#145 of 790 Old 06-25-2011, 04:08 PM

Can you add me?  We are going for our consult on July 12th (we have already done all the tests and it is just a formality to get 'on the books')

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; Paperwork/home study complete, waiting on a birth mom to 'pick' us

joy.gif got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14
#146 of 790 Old 06-25-2011, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Aprilmom - You've been added.  I just put you under the waiting area and once you get start on meds just let me know.  Sorry to have to meet you here, but it is a great group of ladies so hopefully that will make your time with us go a little faster and answer all of your questions.  Is going to be your first IVF?  Have you been doing anything else before this?  Anyways, Welcome again!!

Kewpie - thanks!! She is very precious!  She is sleeping on my lap right now as I type this just knocked out.  It seems right before she gets really tired she has this bust of energy and gets in this biting mood.  She had a hold of my pant leg earlier and I was afraid she was going to tear my pants and then I'd be mad.  She can be a spazz, but is just so stinking cute.  We took her to Petco today for the first time and everyone there loved her.  How could you not!!

Keria - Yes, she has a soft belly and is laying on her back right now so I'll give her a few rubs.  It so weird b/c everyone one IRL that has seen the pics of her and then sees her in person thinks she looks so much smaller in person and the pics make her look huge.  She is just 10lbs right now.

#147 of 790 Old 06-25-2011, 06:19 PM

Alphahen - those numbers seem pretty good to me - 5 out of 8 is great! Hope they all keep growing for you! When I had my IVF they retrieved 26 eggs and only 12 fertilized, so yours are doing well! Grow embryos grow!

Blue - She's really cute! She must be hard to resist, but stay strong and don't start anything you don't want to continue doing for the long term (like snuggling in bed!) redface.gif

Aprilmom - Welcome! These are a great bunch of ladies who aren't judgemental and are very supportive and caring. It's a great place to voice your fears and hopes and to vent if needed. Hope your time spent here is helpful and you have success! 

AFM - I've made a chart for the next 7 weeks, to lose some weight. I have to put some physical activity in each day, no less that 30 minutes. I've got a pass for 20 zumba classes, and I hope to bike around more with DD. I have a treadmill for rainy days, too. Maybe I should make a rule that I can't watch TV unless I'm on the treadmill. Problem is, I'm on the computer a lot more than I watch TV and it's hard to type while on a treadmill!

Does anyone want to be an exercise buddy with me and get fit for fall IVF or ET?? My goal is to lose at least 5 pounds over the next 7 weeks. Realistic, I think. I'd like to lose more but it's a good start.

TTC since 2004

IUI Sept 2006 - BFN

IVF 2007 - beautiful DD stillheart.gif

Single FET June 2011 - BFN

Single FET Sept 19/11 - BFP, then BFN by the next week. No joy.

#148 of 790 Old 06-26-2011, 01:54 PM

Thanks for the welcome! We started trying for baby #2 in July of 2007.  After a little over a year we did clomid with no luck.  So we went to see an RE.  in 2009 we did 3 IUI's.  We started out with the pills and then by the last cycle they had me doing shots and my body still barley produced a decent egg.  So, I am a little worried about that.  We decided after that we were a good family of 3 and moved on.  That is in Aug '09.  In March of 2010 I noticed I was late and ran to the store to buy a test... it was positive.  We were in complete shock.  Then it turned out to be a blighted ovum and they induced m/c at 8 weeks.  It took me a while to recover from that.  So we decided early this year we would go back to the RE (this was a new one because the old one retired but same office).  We wanted to see what path he would have us head down and he felt our best options was IVF.  When we checked with insurance they said they only cover infertility treatments if you have been infertile for a year or more.  Because we had our m/c in June we had to wait.  Then, I got a new job and they have better insurance and will pay for the majority of the cost... and I would get 12 weeks paid maternity leave... but you have to be there for 12 months.  So, we are trying to time it so that I would qualify for that.  

I have got caught up on the thread.  While I don't like meeting any of you for this reason, it is nice to have someone who understands.  

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; Paperwork/home study complete, waiting on a birth mom to 'pick' us

joy.gif got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14
#149 of 790 Old 06-26-2011, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Aprilmom -  Wow, that is awesome that you have insurance coverage and then with your new job it even got better.  Sorry to hear about your past m/c,hug.gif but it sounds like b/c of that it opened your eyes to wanting another baby.  I'm looking for a rainbow babe as well so we will be on our hunt together.  We actually might be come cycle buddies b/c our next fresh IVF may be in July or Aug all depends on when my next AF shows up.  This thread kinda seems to get quieter on the weekends just so you know and then picks up during the week.

Purple Piggie - I know...it is hard not to spoil her and I totally understand how some mothers will let their babies do certain things that they said they would never do just b/c you get to the end of your rope and sometimes it's the only option for a little peace.  We used to let our other dog sleep in our bed (under the covers) so with this one we aren't sure but we will for sure have a little cuddle time in bed and then hopefully let her sleep in her own bed after that next to our bed.  We'll see.  Good luck on your exercise program.  DH and I are trying to eat a little better but it is kinda a modified diet program that we are doing... nothing crazy.

AFM-  Puppy patrol and my parents in town are keeping me busy this weekend.  Hope everyone is well and Hello to all!!!

#150 of 790 Old 06-27-2011, 06:31 AM

Aprilmom, Welcome!  That is so great that you have fertility coverage and a fantastic maternity program!  I hope your stay here is short.

Blue, your puppy is so cute!  I was thinking that getting a puppy before a baby is perfect timing.  It gives you guys time to bond a little first :)

Purple, you crack me up :) I totally pictured someone on a treadmill and typing at the same time.  I think 5lbs in 7 weeks is totally obtainable.  I was up about 9lbs between vacation and all the IF treatments since February.  I have been watching my portions/snacking and getting more excercise now that we can spend time outside...so far I am down about 3 lbs in 2 weeks.  If this is a BFN, I am really going to focus on those last 6lbs before my August cycle!

Kewpie, yay for 9 weeks!  I love your new profile picture.

Alphahen, when do you transfer?  I hope those embies are growing strong!

Taxlady, rcr, silver, everyone...HI :)

AFM, I am 11dpo today.  Starting to really think about POAS, maybe tomorrow at 12dpo, my beta isn't until Thursday 14dpo.  I really don't think I am preggo, but a few times a day I get a crampy/pinchy feeling that kind of makes me wonder.  It's so weird that the morula has been in there almost a week and I don't know if it is still growing or arrested.

Tags
Ivf The Wayward Stork What To Expect Who To Expect It From And Surviving It All , Ivf A Patients Guide , Infertility And Ivf , Acupuncture Ivf Increase Ivf Success By 40 60 , A Brief Guide To Ivf Ivf With Icsi Ivm And Frozen Embryo Transfer Infertility Guides , The Rollercoaster A Country Couples Ride With Ivf

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page