July 2011 Infertility One Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 94 Old 07-18-2011, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Congrats!

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#62 of 94 Old 07-18-2011, 12:44 PM

mecry.gif

The insurance plan that I thought covered IUI and IVF and we would switch to in Dec/January doesn't afterall. I have one more chance at insurance, but it would become effective in June 2012. So...looks like I have to wait a year. 

gloomy.gif

(I know I am lucky to even have the chance at insurance covering IVF. But if we had no chance of coverage at all, we would sell some stuff and make it work *now*. But since we *might* get coverage it seems irresponsible to pay a bunch of money to do it six/twelve months earlier.)

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#63 of 94 Old 07-18-2011, 03:20 PM

Thanks so much everyone! I'm having trouble leaving my TTC threads because I feel like you are all my friends and I'm going to miss you! It doesn't help that this all feels surreal right now. Thank you for all of your support and friendship, especially you Brichole you are so caring about each and everyone of us. And RosieL that was the best arrangement of dancing veggies I've ever seen love.gif

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

#64 of 94 Old 07-19-2011, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Well, tantylynn, we could have you stick around and live vicariously through you. LOL.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#65 of 94 Old 07-19-2011, 11:26 AM

yeahthat.gif 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#66 of 94 Old 07-20-2011, 10:54 AM

Tantylynn, please visit us often and tell us how you're doing!

RosieL, did you ever get an answer from your IUI prep? It's a really personal decision what to do as far as financing IF treatment. I think either choice is legitimate, to wait or not.

AFM, my betas are at zero. The whole nightmare thing is over. I spoke to the doctor yesterday and she said from this point on, we can start trying after my second period! July is almost over and I just need to get through August after that. Once September hits I'll know we can start trying that month and it'll be easier mentally. We've been keeping busy taking day trips and visiting friends. Usually I am out of the country in the summertime but this year I'm staying to finish my dissertation. So that's a little weird for me in itself, but so far, time has been marching along. Summer is my favorite season so it's weird to be wishing it away, but...BABIES. I've been super lazy charting (because what fun is it?) but I need to get back into it because we do need to avoid (sigh) until this cycle and the next are finished.

What's new with everyone?

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#67 of 94 Old 07-20-2011, 05:05 PM

DH is doing the SA tomorrow. I'm doing CD2/3/4 (doc say any one is fine) Friday or Monday, whenever AF arrives. So, no change. I've pretty much decided to "quit" trying after our RE meeting. We'll still be having unprotected sex, but that'll be it. No timing, no temping, no OPKs, and no recording data. I'm gearing up for it. It's gonna be tough at first I think, but I think it'll help my sanity in the long run. 

Do you have a thesis due date? When do you apply for the dream job?

#68 of 94 Old 07-21-2011, 08:38 AM

Aw, Rosie, I'm sorry to hear that. But I understand.

I used to be all crazy focused and had the deposit deadlines circled on my calendar for each semester, hoping I'd get it in before the next one. My advisor (who is awesome) is kind of a perfectionist, though, and the job market is so awful, I've relaxed about depositing. After that I'm not sure what my next step will be. I always thought I would have a traditional t/t academic career but I'm not sure that's what's I want any more, or what's right for my family now. DH's job requires us to stay in this geographical area for the time being (he loves his job - and I love the idea of SAH), so I'm basically looking to finish up my thesis and have some babies and maybe get involved in some non-academic-track projects or maybe a local postdoc. I really do enjoy working in my field and I've pursued it from a sense of purpose and ideals, but it's just not at the center of my life any more. It's a whole weird identity thing. But I'm embracing it. I had a lot of curiosity and burning questions going in and I've answered them. Now I'm living instead of just learning. If that makes any sense.

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#69 of 94 Old 07-25-2011, 03:11 AM

Hi everyone, I'm sorry I have been MIA but it has been really busy at work and then home life. I missed hearing from everyone thoug!

Tantylynn, that is wonderful!!, congrats and hope that the pregnancy goes well! Here is hoping that you suffer from none of the yucky pregnancy symptoms and you are able to just enjoy the wonder! Let us know how it goes!

Goal, yah for starting anew! You are such an inspiration and I hope everything goes well!big hugs!

Rosie, I feel the same way as you...I want to stop trying too but I worry that my brain would not be able to turn off. Oh well, it is out of my hands anyway. I'm so with you about the financing though. I'm too old to wait (35 in august) but if I ha a chance to get it paid for and I was younger then i might have been tempted. As it is, it is painful to have shelled out as much as we did for IVF!

AFM, started stims on Friday and going in for an US and blood tests today. Hoping that I'm responding well and that I can retrieve sometime early next week and transfer end of the next week. That is the plan, anyway! Poor DH is forced to give me the shots because I'm such a ig baby about needles. Haha. It ,ales hom feel like he is helping put too so that's nice. He is always so concerned aout wht he thinks I have to go through so he is happy to be given a task. If nothing, this whole TTC journey has bought us even closer together. redface.gif)

Happy Monday, ladies!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#70 of 94 Old 07-25-2011, 06:19 AM

Well, my foot is in my mouth. After all my gearing-up to "quit" and convincing myself it wouldn't happen, I got a nice, dark BFP on Saturday. Sheepish.gif

#71 of 94 Old 07-25-2011, 06:43 AM

Rosie - Seriously?!?! That is AMAZING! Congratulations! What's that thing about how it's always darkest before the light breaks? I wish you a blissful nine months!

#72 of 94 Old 07-25-2011, 07:58 AM

Thanks! I already had a pregnancy argument...DH says no raw milk for me (friend bought us some from their cow share over the weekend) but I'm drinking every last drop. I've toured that farm and it's amazing. :)

#73 of 94 Old 07-25-2011, 10:24 AM

Rosie, CONGRATS!!!!!

love.gif

#74 of 94 Old 07-25-2011, 01:32 PM

CONGRATS ROSE!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! I was the same way when I got pregnant in march last year. I was about to change jobs and would Ave HD to sit out on fertility treatments with no medical coverage for about a year and then I gave in and tested and low and behold I was sporting a BFP lol.
Afm: I'm sitting on cd 25 with only a little spotting that actually stopped today. I am 15 dpo and I am out of tests sooooo I am holdingot. ltL longer to see if af shows up. I have been cramping really bad the past couple of days but that might be because I was going down an inflatable water slide all day satutday. I totally wasn't thinking when I was doing that btw!!! Anyways...i get paid Friday so if af hasn't shown her face then I'll test but I'm not real thinking i am. But i am happy that my LP and my cycles are getting longer. I am so happy to see two graduates this month.

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#75 of 94 Old 07-25-2011, 05:11 PM

joy.gifCONGRATS ROSIEL!!! joy.gif

Thank you Renavoo :) It's good to hear from you! My fingers are firmly crossed for your IVF cycle!!! Can't wait to hear how it all goes.

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

#76 of 94 Old 07-26-2011, 05:50 PM

my name is krystle and i have been ttc since 01/2005... my husband i have done fertility treatments before with no luck. We took a break for a few years hoping for a miracle. we had no results one chemical pregnancy. we are now seeing a new Dr. this is cycle 1 again . AF started on 07/07/2011 and i took clomid 50mg  days 5-9  on 7/18/2011 follicle 16mm rt ovary on 7/20/2011 19mm follicle i was advised to take hcg injection on 7/20/2011. I never saw a bright opk . I have been taking endometrin 100mg 2 times a day vaginally. pain since starting endometrin. I wanted to be able to track a chemical vs. real pregnancy so i took a hpt today 7/26/2011 and it was negative. Has anyone else ever had a negative hpt  after just 6 days from hcg shot???

#77 of 94 Old 07-26-2011, 06:59 PM

Scotkr: I did a trigger shot last year when I got pregnant and my hpts were pos days 1 thru 5 after trigger then they were negative days 5 thru 9 and I tested pos for real on day 10 or 11 after trigger so it is pos to get and 5 days after trigger.

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#78 of 94 Old 07-27-2011, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)

Congrats, Rosie! joy.gif

AFM, had a difficult move this past weekend (long story), have lost my BB thermometer, thought I O'd, didn't really, and am feeling super bummed. Don't have internet at the new place, so I'll be off radar till we get to Oklahoma next week. (Second long story, don't know if I told it.) Good luck to everyone trying things!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40** Oct 2014 - it's a
#79 of 94 Old 07-27-2011, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Hi all,

I'm back and can be part of the conversation more easily now. I have my consult tomorrow and am very excited. Any suggestions on questions to ask?

#80 of 94 Old 07-27-2011, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

I should say, Ian and I have our consult.

#81 of 94 Old 07-28-2011, 04:19 AM

deborahbgkelly: I just wanted to say G/L and I hope everything goes well with the consult!!!  I know that my main concern was what will insurance cover and how extream does the doctor think our case was.  We only experianced female IF and it was secondary for me (i had/have PCOS) so we didn't go too extream at first. 

#82 of 94 Old 07-28-2011, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter

I know our insurance doesn't cover anything, but I think they might try to bill diagnostics to the insurance under something other than infertility. I do know that I want to see if they think we need IVF or could start with something else. I suspect we will probably end up going right toward IVF. The good news is that we are prime candidates for it, so we have a good shot at a pregnancy.

#83 of 94 Old 07-28-2011, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

So, my insurance does cover diagnostics at 90%. Yay! DH and I are both getting tests done (I of course will have a ton more testing done than he will) and depending on the results of his SA we'll decide whether to try IUI first. The statistics are much better for IVF than IUI, but IUI is so much cheaper that even if it takes a couple cycles it might be worth it. The only problem is my Endo pain is quite severe, so we really need this to happen quickly. I know it won't be a permanent fix, but pregnancy will help even if it is only the fact that I'm not having cycles because I'm PG.

#84 of 94 Old 07-30-2011, 05:04 AM

Deborah: I'm really happy that your insurance is at least going to cover 90% of your diagnostics...that's half the battle!!! I hope that everything turns out in favore for you guys to be able to try IUI before going to IVF.  I know that would be a lot better on your pocket.

I hope eveyone else is doing good these days.  I know that i've been MIA a lot lately and that's because I've not really been able to get online with training at work.  I do have some sad news to share with everyone.  I was having a great cycle and our timing was great....so i waited and waited because i was so affraid to get a BFN after seeing the chart that I had this month.  Well, the day that I went ahead and tested and got a BFP (thursday) I ended up starting to bleed really bad...with clots...lots of clots.  So i got in that afternoon to see the doctor and they drew my blood.  My levels were really low and i've passed a lot of tissue...so i'm calling it a MC and we'll be doing another blood draw on monday to confirm what I feel has already happened. I'm so sad and disappointed because though we weren't "TRYING" it's still sad to know that I have lost my baby...it has been a crazy couple of days and I've got to find some time for my body to rest....but it won't be until tuesday before i have a full off day....so i'm just going to have to push thru it.  I think it's crazy that i'm the second girl at work to suffer a MC over the past 3 months.  It really sucks but at least I do have someone in my life to talk to when I don't have much time to get online to talk.  I need to get to doing my reports at work now...so I will talk to you ladies soon.  Thank you ladies for letting me share with you during this hard time in my life.  It's never easy to lose a pregnancy. 

#85 of 94 Old 07-30-2011, 01:48 PM

Oh Brichole, my heart goes out to you and your family. I'm so sorry that you had a miscarriage. I hope that as the days go by, you feel better. We're here for you. :o(

Deborah, how did everything go? Did you get a good plan? do you feel comfortable with the plan? DH and I did the same thing you and your DH are considering. We tried IUIs first because it seemed like the best idea. If you do an IUI, are you getting a medicated cycle and if so, with what? Did the doctor talk to you about that? And yes, we do more of the tests. and the more invasive tests too! ugh! haha at least you can get some sympathy points from your DH! ;o)

AFM, in Maryland, where we're going to get the embryo retrieval and transfer. I have a monitoring appointment tomorrow and if things go well, I'll hopefully be retrieving soon. I don't know though...I didn't get an update this morning so who knows if the follies will grow the required amount. At last count on Friday, I had 9 follies on my left side and 7 follies on my right, with 8 follies between 11-13mm. I'm hoping that they grow faster as the doctors increased my meds.

Anyway, big hugs Brichole!! I hope that you and your family are getting some much needed rest and relaxation today!!

love.gif

#86 of 94 Old 07-30-2011, 05:38 PM

Brichole - I haven't been around in awhile, but I saw your news and had to send my hugs and tell you how sorry I am.  hug.gif  Be sure to take care of you!!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#87 of 94 Old 07-30-2011, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

We haven't even gotten as far as to know whether IUI will work. We are still in testing stage. I will have a day 2 or 3 test and then do an HSG on day 5. We will regroup with our RE on August 25 and we'll work on our course of action then. Even if we are eligible for IUI, we're not sure whether we'll do it first. Yes, it is easier on the pocketbook, but the statistics are dismal in comparison to IVF. If I wasn't in a ton of pain from Endo, I would definitely do the IUI, but at this point we aren't sure. I would just be happy to know if we had more than one option. Ian and I will discuss it after the doc takes us through the pros and cons, but she already told us IUI has about a 15% chance of succeeding and IVF is near 70%. That's a vast difference, possibly worth the vast difference in price.

#88 of 94 Old 07-30-2011, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Brichole, I'm so sorry for your loss.

#89 of 94 Old 07-30-2011, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Heading up into the mountains tomorrow; much needed vacation!

#90 of 94 Old 07-31-2011, 08:25 AM

Brichole, I am so, so sorry. How difficult too that you're not able to get time off from your hard work to rest and heal. Sending you tons of hugs. Please let us know how you're doing whenever you can!

Renavoo, I'm not familiar with the protocol you're doing from my own experience, but 9 + 7 follicles sounds great. I am sending some serious good thoughts out to you in MD. You must be going crazy not having more news about the follies (maybe today?) so take good care of yourself while you wait. Waiting is just so awful. Glad you have DH there with you! Keep us updated, okay?

AFM, AF paid me a surprise visit, right on schedule. My fertility signs were so weird this month I was convinced I hadn't ovulated yet. When I got my zero hcg result after the suspected ectopic, the doctor told me from that point, rather than counting 12 weeks from the mtx injection, I could just wait to get two cycles (i.e. two periods) and then try that cycle after the second period. So, 26 more days to go...and counting...until we can ttc again. I can do that. We have lots of visitors and trips planned for August so hopefully it will fly by.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page