Advice please - I ovulated before triggering. They said trigger anyway? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-17-2011, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Good evening ladies.

Need some advice -

Condensed version:

I believe I ovulated before trigger.  The nurse said go ahead and do the trigger to help the follice anyway?  This cycle will be timed intercourse since I can't bring in specimen tomorrow for the IUI.

Any ideas?  Should I do the trigger?

Long version:

I am a mess.  This is my 2nd IUI cycle.  I have been going in for monitoring every three or every other day and an now at CD15.  I went in on Wed. and Fri. and saw this nice sized follicle in my right ovary both times.  RE wanted me to come back Saturday, but the nurse said he was mistaken and had me come in on Sunday (today).  Well looky there...that follicle I had seen the previous 2 visits wasn't there.  The nurse said maybe it just looks different blah blah blah. I know I am no ultrasound tech, but I know what I had been looking at the other visits.  Anyway, to make matters worse they never called me back with my results or instructions.  After calling the emergency line the nurse said I am surging (LH) and to do the trigger tonight.  I told her the measurable follicle was gone. She said the LH results can't tell when I O'd, but even if I did the trigger can only help the egg along?  I don't have much EWCM so I have no idea if I should waste the Ovidrel (trigger) or not.  I'm lost.

My twins are here!  Thank God everyday for answered  praying.gif

#2 of 3 Old 07-17-2011, 06:40 PM

hug2.gif Ugh, how frustrating. I wish they were more together and communicative with you. Is Ovidrel expensive and does it last? If the nurse said trigger anyway, in the absence of any other information and since timing is of the essence, I would probably do the trigger. If your main issue is ovulation, helping that is good even on a timed intercourse cycle, I'd imagine. If you have male factor issues and the trigger is expensive...I'd probably go without it. That being said, I really don't know much about the monitoring and trigger process since I haven't been there yet. I didn't want your post to go unanswered tonight.

(And, if you're in the DC-metro region of MD, mind PMing me about your thoughts on RE?, I'm local).

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#3 of 3 Old 07-17-2011, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks RosieL!   (My fellow BajingoJuice lady!)  Yeah I think I am going to go ahead and trigger anyway.  We'll see.  Male factor isn't an issue...unexplained so far.  RE did mention my left ovary looked like it had "some PCOS" characteristics this past week.  I will send you a PM in the morning!  winky.gif

My twins are here!  Thank God everyday for answered  praying.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page