Fall IVF Thread: Let's hear it for the BFPs! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

#301 of 965 Old 09-27-2011, 09:37 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Oh, and Julie, as for WWYD, I guess if money is not a huge problem I would do IVF, given your age, because of the fact that even with perfect sperm it can take a while to conceive. But I don't know much about the surgery though   - how good are the chances that his sperm will improve soon? However, if money was an issue, I guess I would give the natural TTC way a try for a while. However, I have baggage that comes with that advice, I am 37 and I regret waiting so long to TTC.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 965 Old 09-27-2011, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

April - hug.gif I'm so sorry to come on here and read the news about your embries!  So not fair.  I'll be interested in hearing what your RE has to say about the whole thing.  I'm so glad that you have your DD to hopefully try and brighten you day and i'm sure you appreciate her more and more every day.  Keep us posted about how the adoption process is going and be sure to stick around b/c you would truly be missed if you left us all together.

Renavoo - hope your trip goes well and you get some good sleep. What is the time difference over there.  Hope the jet lag isn't too bad.

Julie - that is a hard one. I probably agree with what rcr said about finances and all. I guess it would be a good question to ask DH's doctor today about the amount of improvement he thinks he will see after the surgery.  I guess, if it were me and I had the finances, I'd probably do IVF again b/c didn't kewpie say that her DH had the same surgery and it didn't help that much and by doing the IVF you know the sperm is going to get to the egg and they will both for sure get back into your uterus, so you have kinda taken out the middle man especially if you are worried about your age.  Sucks that you even have to be thinking about these things. 

AFM - forgot if i told you all that I got my last package of meds from that girl so now i'm set!!!  Yay!!!!  Start Lupron on Thurs of this week.  Still crampy for some reason... who knows.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#303 of 965 Old 09-27-2011, 01:06 PM

rcr - that is really weird.  What did the nurse say and are they going to add something more to your mix of meds or what?  Keep us posted.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#304 of 965 Old 09-27-2011, 01:32 PM

April, greensad.gifgreensad.gifgreensad.gif wtf is right. I am really upset for you. Is there any way they would do a 3 day transfer if you chose to go again? It seems to me that the faster those embies atr in ouumr bellies the better off they are. Oh my heart is breaking for you both. However, if you choose adoption, it is evident that you will both provide a child in need with a loving and amazing home.my thoughts and prayets are with you.
#305 of 965 Old 09-27-2011, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

julie, not sure what your ttc journey has entailed thus far... have you done IUIs, either natural unmedicated ones or with meds?  Sounds like you have done IVF with ICSI in the past?  I know that in our case, our thinking has been along the lines of three cycles of medicated (Clomid, unmonitored; $350 a pop), and then IVF if that fails.  Like our RE had said, "No use killing a fly with a hammer when a flyswatter will do".  We were very fortunate and blessed to have conceived our DS from Clomid/IUI #2.  That was when I was a couple months away from turning 40.  Now, 2 years later, it's IVF all the way... we can't afford to lose the time.  And the success rate is so much lower for Clomid/IUI once you hit 40... Actually it all goes downhill, according to the 'stats', once you hit that age, with any fertility treatment *sigh*  (But we are reminding ourselves those are just 'averages'...)  If I was 35, I would feel so much better about the stats, although I certainly couldn't be complacent about things.... Agh.  Perhaps you could give it some time to see if things happen naturally, or do IUI... and then once that time comes around, go for IVF, knowing that you gave it a shot?  Or, if money isn't that much of an issue, and if you okay with not going the 'gentler on the body' route, then head straight for IVF?  I guess something else that would factor in is how you would feel at the end of 6 months and you didn't get a bfp-- would you be okay with that time being gone?  Another thing that would be important to rule out is if your own fertility status has changed much since the last time you had things checked... that might put things in perspective more, too.  Good luck with deciding!

rcr, I just saw one of your last posts now, I guess we were posting at around the same time before and that's how I missed it.  Anyway, I sure hope you get some answers as to why your eggs are behaving that way...

renavoo, what a whirlwind of a week!  I'm exhausted just thinking about it!

Blue, YAY for getting the last of the meds!  On you go!!!!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#306 of 965 Old 09-27-2011, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

april, i'm sorry things ended up this way.  but i'm glad you and your husband have made the decision to adopt.  it must be liberating to know at least you are done with all of this anguish, and now can open your hearts and homes to a new child.  i remember when you posted about adoption earlier, and i think that now you can have the best of both worlds.. a biological child and a child that really needs a loving home like yours.  i hope you stick around with us and keep us posted on what happens.  

blue- glad your meds came!

renavoo- hope your flight was easy! 

afm- despite saying over and over again that i wouldn't POAS, i am of course doing it.  i took one yesterday at work (terrible idea) and cried the entire day because it was a bfn at 7dp3dt.  which i understand is too early.  wound up sobbing through my acupuncture treatment, and cried all night.  my husband got mad at me because i said i wasn't going to test, and he is always an optimist and thinks i should wait for my beta. 

today i didn't test and had a nice day at work, just playing ostrich and hiding from everything.  but of course, i took another test when i got home which was also negative.  tonight i didn't cry, because even on the box it states that only 53% of women get a bfp this early.  i haven't decided if i'll take one tomorrow, but as the beta gets closer (friday) i am becoming more and more nervous.  i just felt so... broken, after the last failed cycle.  i didn't expect it to be easy but i also didn't expect to feel so shattered.  it's only been two cycles, and we've only been at this clinic for four months, and yet i feel really brittle and am not sure what to do next if this doesn't work.  i assumed with donor sperm we'd be guaranteed a bfp but after seeing our fertilization reports that's no longer the case.  i didn't plan for a plan c...  how do you ladies keep on going?  

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#307 of 965 Old 09-27-2011, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 186 Post(s)

April - I'm so so sorry!  Please keep in touch and let us know how your adoption process goes.  I may be going down that path in the future, myself.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 3 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Aedric and Harold 1/13/15
#308 of 965 Old 09-28-2011, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies,

Hello from Switzerland!

Blue, there is a 6 hour time difference so while it's about 4am for me, it's about 10am here. I'm fairly exhausted although I did get 4.5 hours of sleep last night which is better than I usually do! Yah for having everything ready to start!!! I can't wait to be with you through your journey!

Aura, I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I agree that it is way too early to test but I know the pull that those POASs have! Definitely take a day or two off from testing. Perhaps wait until the day of the beta to test? I'm all about preparation but I also know that the hcg levels are quite fickle when it comes to POASs and anyway, I hear with IVF, the beta levels are normally quite low compared to those people who conceived naturally. I think that's why my clinic doesn't test until 13 days post transfer!!

Rcr, how odd considering usually you're such a good responder! Do you think that it's due to the drugs? Which regimen are you on? or maybe your body is just trying to have a rest cycle? I'm so with you about wishing we started on this journey sooner. Sometimes I get frustrated about it because I'm so happy with my DH that I wish we just got married sooner and started trying sooner...but then again, the dynamic may have changed. However, I do wish that I stopped taking BCPs way earlier than I did!!

Julie, I would go onto IVF. I'm 35 like you and I just don't want to put off TTCing because of my age. I agree with everyone else though that it's very dependent on whether going down the route would be financially viable. If it would be, I wouldn't wait another 6 months. However, what Blue says makes sense...maybe talk with the doctors to get their perspectives on your chances of success with any of the possible routes.

Belly, thank you for putting me at ease!! How are you doing? You should be starting the Lupron soon, right?

April, just wanted to send out a virtual hug and say that I'm thinking about you...

Talk to everyone soon! I'm so happy that our meeting doesn't begin until 11am this morning because I'm pretty tired still but I need to get ready. Luckily, the meeting is in the hotel I'm staying at so the commute is unbeatable ;o) No sight-seeing, although dinner with the clients tonight so we will probably be going to downtown Zurich tonight. All I want to do, however, is skip that and just finish up with the meeting and then nap!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#309 of 965 Old 09-28-2011, 04:15 AM

so good to hear from you renavoo! i hope your trip is treating you well, and i hope your dinner in zurich is more fun than the airport hotel.  heheh

today is 9dp3dt.  12 days past ovulation.  bfn on two separate brands.  i have two test left.  i'm going to take them tomorrow.  and not take one the day of the beta because i don't want to go into the office in hysterics. i don't know what i'm going to do.  *sigh*

#310 of 965 Old 09-28-2011, 06:33 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Rena - Hope you are managing to enjoy your trip. I love traveling for work, but I only travel a few times a year, and only internationally every other year or so, so I make a vacation out of it and usually take DS, and stay for a while afterward or before. I imagine if I had to do it all the time, and I was not able to make it into a vacation, it would quickly loose its appeal. Sorry you are jet-lagged. That's the worst

Aura - its still early - try not to freak out.

AFM - It is odd that my eggs are not moving. When I did the three IUIs in a row, I kept getting more and more eggs every cycle, so I kinda thought that the meds just build up and the cycles get better every time, with back-to-back cycles. I asked the RE if this could be true, and she said that is not how it works, although I still thought that was how it worked for me. I actually don't have much hope for these IUIs, but I was thinking that at least if I do IVF right away they may make me have more eggs. I don't know now though. Hopefully they catch up today and tomorrow. My appointment is tomorrow morning, they are just giving me a few more days of meds to see if they get going. I am more excited about my video appointment with the RE on Monday than anything else, I hope she has something positive to say about another IVF try.

Blue - glad the meds came. What a relief it must be to actually have them in your hands!

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#311 of 965 Old 09-28-2011, 08:08 AM

Julie - I don't know what the right answer is for your situation but the ladies had some good input!! I hope what ever you decide you get that BFP you want!!

Blue - joy.giffor getting all your meds.  I really pray this is your month and the end of your journey has a baby in your arms!! 

Aura - hugs!  I can only imagine how har it is to not POAS!!  Have you been having any more symptoms?  How many dpt is your beta?  It just feels really far away!!

Renavoo - good luck on your presentation.  I hope the rest of your week flys by and that you have gotten some of your much needed rest.

RCR - I think our bodies are such sensitive creatures and they sometimes respond differenlty to the same thing.  I will never understand it.  I hope the few extra days was enough to get those eggs grwoing and you don't have to cancel this cycle!!

AFM - LOTS of crying yesterday.  But, today is a new day and time to put that foot forward.  I think DH is not over where we are (and to be honest I am sure I am not either).  I want to at least meeting with the adoption agency.  We have had one in mind since before we started this journey in '07.  I have always had that gut feeling I would adopt... just wasn't ready yet.  So, we have friends who have adopted from this agency and we know the director of the orginiziation.  I want to meet with them and atleast know the process and then when we are ready to move forward we know what is needed.  I am just not sure how to break the news to my mom as she is against us adopting (which is strange because I am adopted).  I found an awesome quote yesterday that really helped me make it through the day that I thought I would share...

“We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us”  - Joseph Campbell

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14 - It's a BOY!
#312 of 965 Old 09-28-2011, 11:28 AM

April -Sending more hugs your way.....hug2.gif!  I'm glad you have an adoption agency picked out and can at least get some more information while you decide what to do.  DH and I had said that our last fresh IVF was going to be our last with the hopes that it would work and if not we would have had some frozen embies to try while we figure out if adoption is what our next option is if we don't get pregnant, but now we are on to this next cycle with the same plan so we will see where it takes us this time.  The whole expense of the whole thing is what get me.  You'd think people would pay you to adopt b/c it is such a great thing to do for a child.  I'm surprised your mom is against it... that is really weird to me.  Did she give you her reasoning?  Keep us posted on your journey.  You may also be able to help some of us that are also contemplating this option. PS. love your quote and I may have to steal it.  I think I need to tell myself that every day when I wake up in the morning!!!

rcr - Weird is all i can say.  Who knows what goes on with our bodies these days... i don't even think the drs understand it all either.  My Dad always says "that is why they call it a practice b/c they are practicing until they get it right". LOL  So did they up  your fsh meds then or no?  I'll be interesting in hearing what is going on from your RE's perspective.  Is this normal to have an appt or did they set it up extra b/c of what is going on?

aura - I know i have said this many times, but even with my first IVF that we got a BFP w/ and then m/c I tested the day before the beta and it was neg and the next day the beta was positive, so I say don't do it.  I know it is easier to have you hopes let down before you go in for the test if it is going to be a BFN, but i think it just adds extra stress.  Crossing my fingers and praying that you get a huge surprise w/ your beta.  hug.gif

renavoo - hope this trip goes fast for you and you can get back home soon.   Are you on any shots right now or where are you at in this process??

Hi to everyone else too.

AFM - Not much going on here.  I start Lupron tomorrow night, so we will be getting this ball rolling and then I'll just be waiting for AF to show up to have my baseline u/s & bw done.  I think she is suppose to show up maybe Nov 7th or 8th, so we will see.

#313 of 965 Old 09-28-2011, 01:26 PM

April, I love your quote!  It reminds me of this one I try to keep in mind during this process "We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails. ~Bertha Calloway"

Renavoo, I actually started my Lupron last Monday (9/18)!  My protocol has each step really long!  I hope you were able to sneak in a nap today!

Aura, I hate those darn sticks.  They always seem to break my heart.  I really hope it is just too early and you get a better result tomorrow.  Hugs.

rcr, I hope your RE is more supportive of going with IVF again.  Since you have coverage I would really push for it!  And December seems to be good timing with your everyday "life" schedule.

Julie, if it were me I would stick with IVF, but my patience level is SO LOW!  If you don't mind the wait or if money is a huge issuee, I would take the more natural route.  What a tough decision.  Hopefully the surgeon can give you some advice on how quickly the sperm would improve.

Blue, glad you got all your drugs and are getting started!  YAY!

AFM, I do my PM lupron during our "night time" routine.  The last couple nights DD has started to grab my alcohol wipe, raise her shirt and rub it on her tummy.  It is SO cute!  Now she freaks out if I don't let her "help".  I start the delestrogen on Monday!!!  If all go as planned one month from now (Oct 28) will be my transfer! 

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#314 of 965 Old 09-28-2011, 03:07 PM

hello ladies!

april, your quote made me cry.  it's perhaps the most beautiful sentiment, i will have to share it with my husband.  i think it perfectly sums up what we are all going through.

blue- hooray for lupron! 

rcr- so weird about your eggs, i hope the meds kick them into gear.  maybe they are saving themselves for ivf?

belly, your dd is so cute! i am glad she can help you and isn't worried about you during all this.  someone really wants a sibling, eh? adorable!

afm- major happenings today.  around 3pm i discovered blood on my pad (have to wear them due to suppositories).  not a TON, but more than what i would call spotting.  i have also never spotted, so i don't really know what classifies spotting.  however there was no blood when i wiped.  i freaked out, called the re, and they said it's either af or i'm pregnant.  awesome.  so they are moving my beta to tomorrow morning instead of friday, which is a relief.  so far, there is no more bleeding.  slight pink when i wipe but so light i had to really look.  is this spotting? could this be implantation?  i had some crazy intense cramping after, some really sharp, not quite like af cramps but could be.... i am too nervous to be too positive but i am hoping this is a good sign.  i never had any sort of spotting at all with my bfn ivf cyle, so this is all new to me. please don't be af.  PLEASE don't be af! 

#315 of 965 Old 09-28-2011, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

Aura, I hope it's a great sign!!!!! Please please please... my fingers, toes, and every other limb is crossed for you!!! Let us know how the test comes out.

Belly, YAH! to having started already! Wow, you are on a really long protocol but time is going to pass by quickly, I'm sure. And how cute is that story about DD. Awww it must be so wonderful to see your DD and have her emulate you. There's nothing like the love of your child!

April, what a beautiful quote. It's is truly inspiring. When you say that DH is not really over where you are, what do you mean? Do you mean that you may want to try one more time before adoption? And it is odd that your mother doesn't want you to adopt! I think that it's wonderful that you and your DH are so supportive of each other!

RCR, I hope that the US shows that the follies have started growing. What CD is it?

Blue, how long are you on Lupron? Your AF won't show until November? That seems like a loooooong cycle! But at least you're getting started!

My gosh, I'm exhausted so I will catch up on personals soon. My schedule has been insane...here's an example:

Tuesday: land at 12pm, work until 9pm preparing for presentation, dinner until 10:30pm, conference call from 10:30 to 12am.

Wednesday: meet with team at 8am. Meeting until 7pm. Dinner with clients until 11:45pm (seriously, it's insane. Do we really need a 4.5 hour dinner?!?!) currently writing to you ladies but also checking over my email and working on things that I missed because I was out of the office (it's 12:45am right now)

Tomorrow: 7am start. Meeting until 7pm. Then HOPEFULLY, quiet dinner with the team.

Home on FRIDAY!! YAAAAAAAAAAAH! I can't wait to go home!

haha ok I'm getting loopy from exhaustion now. I will try to catch up with you tomorrow.

Hugs!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#316 of 965 Old 09-28-2011, 05:36 PM

more bleeding.  back to freaking out.

#317 of 965 Old 09-28-2011, 05:51 PM

aura - hug2.gifI hope it is just normal implantation bleeding and it is a sign you are preggers!!  I am sorry the RE's office was not much help.  Doesn't sound like they told you anything outside of the obvious!!

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14 - It's a BOY!
#318 of 965 Old 09-28-2011, 06:12 PM

it stopped again! i really truly do not think this is my period.  if the embryo just implanted today, would it even show on a beta tomorrow? i don't know how this works, i've only had bfn.  i am still scared to get my hopes up.  can you bleed/spot and still get a bfn?

#319 of 965 Old 09-29-2011, 06:34 AM

Aura, so sorry you have had to deal with all the extra stress of bleeding/spotting.  I am glad it has stopped.  Thank goodness your beta was moved to today.  If your embryo implanted yesterday I don't think it would show up on a beta.  How many days are you? 8dp3dt?  There are definitely lots of stories of late implanters, I think generally implantation happens between 6-10 days past ovulation/retrieval.  But even if it isn't implantation bleeding, it could be just "normal" pregnancy bleeding.  I think that is more common than a super late implanter.  I am hoping and praying for some good news this morning!

Renavoo, hope you were able to get a few minutes of rest.  What a busy trip!  But hopefully time is flying and you are home before you know it!

AFM, I go in for my baseline blood work this morning.  I guess I'll find out if I am fully supressed. 

Hope everyone else is having a good day!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#320 of 965 Old 09-29-2011, 07:41 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
aura, I'm thinking of you as you wait for your beta! goodvibes.giffingersx.gif

April hug.gif I've been thinking about you a lot the last days, too.

blue, I think you asked me forever ago: I have to go back to work in mid-Nov. Hubby and I have started having him bottle-feed her my pumped milk once a day in preparation. I had a really good hard cry about starting the process of being away from her for 9 hours a day on weekdays. I so cherish the time I have with her right now, and if we could manage it I would absolutely stay home and be a SAHM. I am torn between feeling guilty because we're lucky to have her at all, and feeling justified because we waited so long. I'm going to be following you with high hopes this cycle! goodvibes.gif

I'm stalking along and rooting for all you ladies! I just feel so much love and hope for this little precious community! grouphug.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#321 of 965 Old 09-29-2011, 08:17 AM

april - That is such a beautiful quote! I wish I could give you a big hug right now.

aura - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! It certainly sounds like implantation bleeding.  I have no idea how long it takes for a late implanter to show up on a beta.  Maybe mention it to your RE and see what they say.

AFM - I ended up getting a flu shot today.  The nurse at the OB office asked if I wanted one and it just felt like a good idea.  She said your body makes up antibodies and it transfers to the baby and helps protect them after birth, so I figured it was a good idea.  

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
#322 of 965 Old 09-29-2011, 08:39 AM

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!irked.gif  I just typed a reply and was all the way down to my AFM and about done and who knows what happened, but i lost it all!!!  Double grrrrrrrrrr!!

Belly - Yay for a baseline!!!!  Let us know how it goes!!

Aura - what the heck!!!  I hope that it is just "normal" pregnancy bleeding and nothing else.  I have had several friends that bleed through their pregnancy in the beginning... which is so not fair especially for someone with IF.  I think that is just plain mean!!  Keep us posted. When will you get your beta results?  If you are able i'd try to put your feet up and drink lots of water today if you can and lay low.  Sometimes that is hard, i know.

Renavoo - Holy busy schedule girl!!! Wow.  Sure hope it is making the time go by faster though.  Sorry i ment to type Oct 7th or 8th not Nov.  That would have been a really long cycle you are right!!!  I can't believe that Oct is this Sat already.  I'll stay on Lupron from tonight until the trigger shot but after my baseline they will have me drop it down from 20 units to 5units once they confirm that the supression is working then the fsh starts and the fun begins.

Tear - awwww... sorry to hear you have to go back to work soon.  That is sad but nice that your DH can be home with her and you don't have to send her to daycare or something... or are you?  What ever works for you i'm sure will end up fine.  Thanks for your kind words.  I can't believe we started off together and you have had your baby already. Seems just like yesterday in a way.  Crazy!!  Love having you as one of my cheerleaders!

AFM -  Why does this always happen?  So last night when DH and i were laying in bed i told him "you watch, once this IVF stuff starts up things will get busy with my work".  So this morning i get an email from one of my managers and it says that they are thinking they may want me to go full time here after Oct 1st.  It is all still up in the air and no one from higher up has even talked to me about it and he said in his email to keep it between "you and me" (i know you ladies won't say anything though).  Okay, that is just the worst timing since we are starting to get things moving here real soon plus the fact that i will be spending 1-3 wks out of state for monitoring this coming month.  I find this whole IVF thing such a taboo subject to bring up with bosses b/c who wants to hire on someone that is trying to get pregnant, you know?  I'm going to try not to think about it too much bc it will just add to my stress level which i don't need right now.  I hate making up excuses of why i can't work b/c of IVF or just having a ET and i can't lift over 10lbs, which in my job is like every hr.  Who knows.... can't imagine that they would want me to start full time Oct 1st when that is this Sat and i haven't even talked to any higher ups yet.  We will see.  I just kinda hope they can maybe stay slow and not officially need me until like Nov. that would be perfect b/c then I'd know if the IVF worked or not and it would make the decision a lot easier.  Always something it seems.  Is it just me or does this weird stuff happen to others too?  It's like every single time for me... like it seems when we have to do our IVF there is always a Niece or Nephew's B-day party that i might have to miss b/c we are out of town with an ER or transfer or i'm suppose to be on bed rest after an ET and we hate to lie about it, but we don't really want the whole world knowing.  Never ceases to amaze me.

#323 of 965 Old 09-29-2011, 09:07 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
blue, argh! But you do NOT owe your boss an explanation. They only need to hear that it's medical, not why. Can you get a generic letter from your doc that keeps out the details and reasons? I also think it stinks that we started together and you're still going through this. greensad.gif I SO want to see you get your baby(ies)! DH will be the one taking care of DD, and you're right: it makes it way easier. love.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#324 of 965 Old 09-29-2011, 09:29 AM

I am at work so I will hop on tonight and do personals!

We (I, hubby had to work) met with the doctor this morning.  He confirmed it was an egg issue.  He said he even consulted with his mentor who agreed with his analysis.  He said he wished there was more he could do but he did not recommend another cycle (which we agree).  The hardest thing was he said it is hereditary and most likely our DD will have the same issues.  I asked what we can do to make sure she is healthy and give her the best chance - he encouraged her to have her children in her 20's.  He said that by the time she is there though she will probably have the option of freezing her eggs - so if she is not ready to have children by then to have her do that.  My heart was broken and I cried the whole way to work.  That was harder for me to hear then us not having any more bio - children.  The plus side is we know and can manage the expectations and behavior early on.  I called my mom (bad idea).  She said 'well there was this couple on the news last night that took them 3 tries, so maybe?' I said NO, they probably actually made it to transfer all of those times... I don't think the doctor would tell us not to do it if he felt different.  He said he would support egg donor or adoption as our next steps.  I told him that we would look to do adoption.  He said that many agencies want a note from your fertility specialist stating you are no longer seeking treatment.  They also want a doctor to sign off on your health... he said to let him know and he would be glad to do both.  He really has been wonderful and I would not have make it through this so easily with out him.  I will be writing him a letter letting him know what he has meant to us through this process. 

#325 of 965 Old 09-29-2011, 09:30 AM

blue - I agree with Tear in that you don't owe them any explanation.  At my job, they pried a lot and I ended up telling them everything which in hindsight, was really wrong for them to do.  

IVF #1 11 weeks
#326 of 965 Old 09-29-2011, 09:33 AM

april - I'm so sorry you didn't get better news.  My heart is breaking for you and also your daughter.  I love that your doctor has been so kind and understanding through this.  (hugs to you)

IVF #1 11 weeks
#327 of 965 Old 09-29-2011, 09:50 AM

Tear  & Kewpie - I realize it is none of their business, but for me to keep having "medical issues" and turning them down for work ( i had to turn down a whole wk of work last ivf time after i already told them i would fill in b/c my RE bumped my IVF up to a 2 day transfer not a 5 day and I just told work that i had a medical procedure schedule for the end of the month and they moved it up unexpectedly, so i had to cancel all that work). Having another medical procedure again this coming month as my excuse isn't looking too promising.   It makes ME look bad when i'm a good employee & hard worker and that isn't good when I'm trying to get more work or even a part time or full time position with this company.  So if i would fess up and tell them, then they might have 2nd thoughts about hiring me on full or part time b/c of the situation.  God forbid i mention that once i get pregnant i'll already be high risk due to my past pregnancy losses... they wouldn't probably not want to touch me with a 10' pole especially if i would end up on their insurance.

April - hug.gif  Wow, i'm so sorry you are having to go through all of this.  I guess it is good to find out this information for you DD early b/c I'm sure if you or i would have known something like this it would have answered our questions of when we would start ttc in the first place.  I know DH and i got married when i was 26 and we waited like 3 yrs before we started and if i would have known then what i know now we would have started way earlier, so maybe in the long run that info will help your DD when she gets to that point.  Did your adopted mom have issues getting pregnant?  I know it took my mom 9 yrs to get pregnant with my brother and then another like 5 to have me so i really wonder if it is also in my genes too.  Where is that crystal ball when we need it!!!  How old were you when you got preg. w/ your DD?????

#328 of 965 Old 09-29-2011, 10:54 AM

Hi everyone -

So another IVF-ICSI it is. I don't want to regret not taking this chance. Next day 3 would be testing and working out a cycle. Which should be interesting with the holidays...

Blue - I get you on the work disclosure stuff. I like my boss and I don't want to shove stuff off on my co-workers without giving them a reason other than "medical", but I also don't want to stick out when they are looking to cut costs...it's not an easy line to follow.

Belly - Aww to your daughter. When I have to do shots, I tell my daughter what I am about to do (in the hope she'll not be in dire need of me or a bathroom for a few minutes like every other time I need to use the bathroom). This last time, she would ask the if it was the really big needles (PIO) or the little ones (lupron). Neither answer got a response, just great big eyes and a "make sure you wash your hands".

RCR - Really? Cause obviously our bodies need to be trickier. Just when you think you know what to expect...we should all have the patience and insight of saints by now.

Kewpie - I hope you are still feeling well.

Rena - I was supposed to go to Helsinki to lead some training and I refused to go. They are coming here instead. I am not a good traveller. I am so glad my job does not require it.

Aura - Thinking of you.

Working mama to one seven year old daughter. 
#329 of 965 Old 09-29-2011, 11:02 AM

Hi all just crashing!!!!

BLUE- Good luck with the first injection tonight.  Praying for you all the way through my friend.

APRIL-so sorry you are going thru this.  Sorry, but I find it odd that your RE would tell you not to try IVF again, our first RE said my eggs were horrible and I could just keep trying till we get a good one or move on to donor eggs.  Our second fresh IVF we also had nothing to transfer.  We then switched RE's and had over twenty eggs and only 3 fertilized which was a shock to the RE and embryologist.  But 2 of those made it to be our twins, that was our 3rd fresh IVF cycle.  I'm not at all telling you what to do and I believe your RE is sweet but you must follow your own path of what is in your heart, and I'm sure your family will be perfect no matter what route you choose.  I was watching Celine on Rachel Ray and she's very open about her 6 tries( but of course money is not an issuefor her either)  Hugs to you in this difficult time and sorry if I intruded but my own infertility was a long path and not an easy one and I never forget a minute of it.

AURA- good luck today

KEWPIE- glad your feeling well.  It's wonderful to see your ticker moving.

I'm stalking all of you because I feel you are such a wonderful, caring group of woman and I admire each and every one of you.  Infertility stays in our hearts and minds even when we graduate and we will never fit in the fertile world so I'm drawn to all of you here and hoping for the best outcomes.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#330 of 965 Old 09-29-2011, 01:07 PM

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)

Hi all, I've been following all the posts of the last couple of days but just kind of jumping on and off the 'puter so no time for personals... Just want to say, I've been SO GRUMPY the last couple of days!  I'm on CD29, and usually my cycle is 30 or 31 days, so it must be partly PMS and then the menopausal-like state that the suppression is causing me to be in.  So far, I'm on Day 8 of that.  So it must be building up in my system more.  It's kind of weird, isn't it, that you still get AF while in a menopausal-like state?  They told me that I should expect bleeding, and that it may or may not be the same as 'normal' in terms of length, amount.  Not sure what to expect.  I wish it would just arrive, so that I know things are progressing as they should.  I'm also extremely tired, I feel like I can't function sometimes... I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the extent of the fatigue, since everything makes me more tired now at my age.  Agh.  My poor DH and dogs... I'm getting annoyed with all three of them over various things! 

Aura, thinking of you right now...

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page