Fall IVF Thread: Let's hear it for the BFPs! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 965 Old 09-06-2011, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

I've been having regular contractions for the last 16 hours.  The doctor wants me to go in.  Please keep the babies in your thoughts that they will decide not to come early.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 965 Old 09-06-2011, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh Kewpie, I'm thinking of your and your little ones! Stay in there for a while longer, babies! goodvibes.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#63 of 965 Old 09-06-2011, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Kewpie, you and your babies are in my thoughts. Please please please just let this be them saying hi and making themselves known. Let us know how it goes. hug2.gif

Belly, yah to having a schedule!! What is your drug schedule? I assume BCPs within the next few days and then you start your delestrogen and PIO 5 days before transfer?

It's so exciting!

RCR, yuuuuuuuuum to fresh jelly. haha I've never heard of kudzu so I actually had to look it up but it sounds YUMMY!

Again, Kewpie, big hugs and my thoughts are with you...

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#64 of 965 Old 09-06-2011, 01:43 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Oh Kewpie - thinking of you and your babies. Hope everything is ok!

Rena - Kudzu jelly is made from the purple flowers of Kudzu, it kinda tastes like flowery grape jelly.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#65 of 965 Old 09-06-2011, 02:15 PM

Kewpie, I am praying for you and your little ones! praying.gif hug.gif  I am sure the doctors will stop the contractions.

rcr,  I am going to have to look up those kinds of jellys!  We eat a TON here that my mom makes, so feel free to send it my way :)

Renavoo, I will be on SO many drugs.  Here is my protocol (all $1000 of it!!!!):

Baby Asprin start now, no end date

BCP start 9/8 end 9/23

Lupron start 9/19 end 10/21

Doxycycline start 9/19 end 9/28, start again 10/23 end 10/28

Delestrogen start 10/3, no end date

PIO start 10/22, no end date

Medrol start 10/23 end 10/28

Edometrin start 11/8 (I think if beta is positive)

My old FET's were just estrace and endometrin, so this is a HUGE difference for me :)

Aura, thanks for the advice about the mock transfer, at this point I completely agree and will let them do whatever they want if it will help get a BFP!  Yay for stims already!  Do you have a tentative ER date?

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#66 of 965 Old 09-06-2011, 02:29 PM

Yes I got good news . I got BFP. Thanks renavoo.  They said homone number is 45 (should be over 25) and progesterone is 20 (should be over 10). I have no clue on these numbers and how these works. Please some one give me guidance on these number and how these works? Is these numbers should increase?

i am so excited on this news. I am just enjoying this.

#67 of 965 Old 09-06-2011, 03:09 PM

Kewpie - my heart just totally dropped when I read your post!!!!  hug.gif  Sending up lots of prayers for you right now!  Please keep us posted.  praying.gif

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#68 of 965 Old 09-06-2011, 03:27 PM

Kewpie, I'm keeping your little ones in my thoughts please update us when you know something.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#69 of 965 Old 09-06-2011, 03:41 PM

kwepie - I am praying for you and the doctors that they know how to stop your contractions so those little ones can grow stronger before they meet you... 

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14 - It's a BOY!
#70 of 965 Old 09-06-2011, 03:48 PM

I'm home now.  Everything seems to be ok.  They gave me a large dose of ibuprofen to relax my uterus.  They said they aren't 100% sure what caused the contractions, but the doc thinks it's cause the babies have been really active and triggered them.  I'm on bedrest for the rest of the night.  Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers.  

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#71 of 965 Old 09-06-2011, 04:07 PM

Congratulations ItsMe!!  HH9  broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

Kewpie - Yay - I am glad you are home and it sounds like everything is going to be ok.  Take it easy! Will still be praying that the contractions stay away

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14 - It's a BOY!
#72 of 965 Old 09-06-2011, 04:13 PM

Kewpie - Glad to hear your update! If it helps to soothe your anxiety, I had regular contractions with my daughter starting shortly after the 20 week US and kept on having them until I was induced on her due date. The diagnosis was irritable uterus. These were not braxton hicks; they hurt and were every 5 minutes all day every day. No medication, just bedrest and NST every other day and weekly US to make sure she was still ok.

Belly - That is a lot of drugs! I hope this is your cycle. Wouldn't it be a kick to have things go how you want them too?

Working mama to one seven year old daughter. 
#73 of 965 Old 09-06-2011, 04:20 PM

ItsMe - Congrats!!!  The Drs want the hCG level to double every 48 - 72 hours is what they say.

Belly - fingers crossed this is your cycle coming up!!!!

Kewpie - Awwww....  Thank GOD!!!!  Lay low and rest up!!!!!  Feet up and lots of water!!!!  You about gave me a heartache!!!  LoL... ment to say heart attack, but wrote heatache which is would also be the case so I figured I'd leave it.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#74 of 965 Old 09-06-2011, 04:41 PM

Good to hear that everything is good. Rest and drink tons of water.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#75 of 965 Old 09-06-2011, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
oh man, PHEW! Kewpie, I was really worried. I'm glad that things have calmed down. Take it easy, and yeah, drink lots of water! goodvibes.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#76 of 965 Old 09-06-2011, 05:02 PM

kewpie- so glad everything is okay! keeping you and the twins in my thoughts, just get rest and don't let them come out until it's their time!

itsme- congrats on the bfp! wonderful news!!

belly- are they doing a fresh or a frozen cycle for you?  it's similar to what i am on for my fresh, although i do gonal/menopur instead of lupron, and same antibiotics and steroids.  they are putting you on PIO and endometrin? i am always interested in seeing how different REs treat us.  i think this is all a good sign!! the others didn't work, so obviously continuing with the same protocol was not the answer.  your body just needs a fresh outlook!

renavoo-  thanks for updating my stuff!  you're right behind me.  i'm just leading the way with my soon to be (fingers crossed) bfp so that you can follow with the same.  hehehe  i am so happy to be off the bcp.  it took a few days, but once i got my period i dropped eight pounds.  EIGHT POUNDS.  i still find it hard to believe the pill can make me that bloated! although now i am on day three of stims so my stomach is starting to get sore and my jeans are starting to feel tight.  after last time, and how uncomfortable i was by the end of the stim cycle, i went and bought a bella band.  no fooling around!  i will be bloated AND comfortable AND still wear nice clothes.  

afm-  went for my bw today and it's obvious that school is back in session.  all summer i was able to show up at 7 when they open and be second or third in line.  today i was running late, got there at 7:05 and there were EIGHT people in front of me.  i guess i'm going to have to start showing up to wait in line at 6:30 again.  *sigh*. i love sleep.  in any case, the RE called and said to stay on the same protocol for the next two days, which is 300 gonal f and 2 vials of menopur.  no real side effects except for mild bloating and mild headaches.  i am back up to twice a week acupuncture, so i went today and it was great.  with the heated table, and the dim lighting, and the soft music.... i must have passed out instantly because when it was time for me to go she called me sleeping beauty.  hehe.  does anyone else fall asleep?  i do almost every single time.  i'm just so tired!!

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#77 of 965 Old 09-06-2011, 06:14 PM

Just wanted to say hi on the new thread.  You guys are so welcoming and kind to graduates and I just can't stay away, hope you all don't mind.

Sorry to all those who got BFN and to all those with losses.

Good Luck to all those starting their cycles.

Kewpie- So glad you are okay, I was on very strict bedrest at 24wks and it worked so please take it easy.  Our boy was also very active inside and hasn't changed not one bit.

Blue- Always thinking of you my friend.

Belly- Hope the new RE does the trick, it's so your time.

Gelly- Just wanted to say we went to Sher Institute after 2 failed IVF's and 1 failed FET with another RE and it was an amazing experience.  We used the institute in New York and got our BFP with our first IVF there.  I have recommended many people there and everyone I sent was more than happy and have had great outcomes.  They are extremely kind and gentle and made the experience more than warming. Good Luck.

Rooting for everyone silently.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#78 of 965 Old 09-06-2011, 06:22 PM

Kewpie, I am so relieved everything is fine!  Please continue to rest and bake those darlings! 

Itsme, congratulations again on the BFP and glad you joined us on this tread!

Julie, it would be a dream come true if things started going as planned! 

Aura, this is another frozen cycle for me.  Since the new clinic is going to be super agressive with our frosties I think we will go through the remaining ones in 1 or 2 more FET's.  Hopefully, it works on the first one and we would have some left for a #3 :)  but I don't want to look too far ahead...one baby would make my world right now.  Booo, for the lines at your clinic!  8 pounds!!!!  That is unreal!!! 

AFM, so I talked with the lab director at the new clinic and they contacted my old clinic and it sounds like I can arrange a time with them to pick up my frosties.  I'll get a nitrogen tank from the new clinic and then take it down there and pick up my babies.  I am really nervous that just taking them out of the "big tank" and moving them to the travel tank will somehow damage them.  Like they might start thawing or something.  I guess it should be fine, but what if the old clinic takes their time...I'll be in the office waiting, but I am really worried something will happen.  It's probably a 2 or 3 mile drive between clinics so I am not worried about the drive, just the transferring in and out of the permanent storage tanks.

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#79 of 965 Old 09-06-2011, 06:22 PM

MomtoAlexis~ Thanks so much for the info on Sher! I am waiting to hear back from them. I'll keep you all posted on what I find out! winky.gif

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#80 of 965 Old 09-06-2011, 06:49 PM

Momtoalexis, thanks for posting!  It's so nice when graduates stop by with words of encouragement!  I also love knowing we have people behind the scenes cheering us on.  luxlove.gif

#81 of 965 Old 09-06-2011, 07:48 PM

Oh, Kewpie, what a scare... so glad that things are looking up and that things were good enough that they sent you home, even if it is to bedrest tonight.  Please continue to take good care of yourself, and little ones, this message is for you-- no more bouncing around in there like that!

Belly, you sound so excited about what is to come at the new clinic.  It sounds like they are really looking after things-- you seem to be in good hands.  I hope this is it for you.  That is interesting about getting to take your frosties to the new clinic, it kind of blows my mind away actually, it's pretty amazing. 

It'sMe, congrats on the bfp!  So exciting!

Hopefully everyone else is doing well.  I love reading the updates, even the stuff that that is non-IVF related (like the jelly-- I have never heard of those kinds before, and they sound so yummy!) 

AFM, I'm just sitting here, waiting... and waiting... My heart started pounding out of my chest a couple days ago, because the day after I called in to get on the waitlist, the IVF nurse called me.  She wanted to confirm that I had called in for IVF and not IUI (maybe because all my other procedures were the latter?) and she said she was going to review our chart to make sure we had done all the pre-requisite tests and such.  I asked her when we might get offered it, and at first she said that there was a 3 month wait or so... but then she said something about how they go by the date of when you first registered for the IVF program (essentially, pay the $250 fee, which is probably an admin-type thing)-- and DH and I had done that in December 2009 (I said after the last Clomid/IUI that we had done, that I was ready to do IVF-- and then we ended up with our bfp from it).  So, essentially we have been registered for ages, but 'inactive'.  So I'm not sure what that does to our spot on the waitlist, if we are at the bottom still or if that places us more to the top.  The way our clinic works is, every woman who is registered and wants to do IVF calls on Day 1 of their cycle and their names get added to the list, and then the nurse starts to go through it and calls and offers it... the woman  can accept or if it turns out she decides she can't do it that month, she can ask to be called the next month.  If treatment is offered, the call will come in 7 to 10 days after CD1.  So, it could be nothing that the nurse called-- but then, a part of me is hopeful because I can't see them doing that to every prospective patient, confirming things like that.  But, maybe they do.... *sigh*  I just want to get going on this right away-- now that we've decided to go for it, it's hard just sitting around waiting.  I don't do well with the second half of the 2ww either, ha ha.  Wow, the 2ww after IVF must be so much more agonizing! 

Couple of questions...

Do most of you do acupuncture along with your IVF?  I read somewhere that it is common to begin doing it 3 months before starting IVF.  The acupuncturist I have seen before, she specializes in fertility and IVF, and she will actually come to the clinic on the day of transfer.  I am planning on starting to see her again, but I'm thinking there's no way we can afford to go the number of times that is recommended. 

What is PIO?

When you take BCP at the start, do your REs call that a "Flare Protocol"? 

And, this one is a biggie for me right now... Do any of you decide not to tell anybody about your IVF while you are in the middle of it?  (Reason I ask, my parents wouldn't really understand my decision to put myself through this, when I have a DS already... and my Mom would just go crazy with worry, aside from that.  And, my best friend is somebody who has never even taken BCP because she is freaked out about cancer, plus I remember she made a comment to me one day about a mutual friend who had conceived on Clomid-- a year before I did-- and she said that she would never take any fertility drugs because if she couldn't get preganant on her own she would accept that as it was meant to be.  Like I said, that was before I had my DS from Clomid and IUI which she totally knew about, and she was at the birth of my DS at home for the whole thing, and it was a life-changing moment for her--right away she decided to give up her material goals to concentrate on having a family... and sadly, she did get pregnant this spring but then had a m/c at 10 weeks.  My DH says that she might have a change of heart about these things, and be understanding of me going through IVF... but, it still seems so hard to tell her.  Am I being silly about worrying about who to tell?  I want to have a support system, but maybe I need to protect myself in some way--I think that's why this forum is so great, and I'm happy to have found you all... because I know that you understand. 

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#82 of 965 Old 09-07-2011, 04:18 AM - Thread Starter

Congrats, Sri!! That's so exciting! Hopefully, the results double for you every test you take.

Kewpie, oh thank goodness!! I'm so happy for you. whew! i was worried but i'm glad everything turned out for the best!

Tenzinsmama, first of all, what a friend to say that if she can't get pregnant on her own, she would stop trying. That is a very ignorant comment to make and it's quite silly as well. Now that we have the medical technology to help us out, everyone who needs it should be taking advantage of it. My only wish is that MORE people could take advantage of it...it's just so expensive. But the fact that your friend said that just shows that she's quite self involved. That's my opinion anyway. As for not telling anyone, I haven't told my side of the family. i just feel like they wouldn't understand why we're putting ourselves through the expense. i think my mom would just say that we should keep trying naturally but DH and I have been trying for a couple of years now and really, we don't want to keep trying naturally since it doesn't seem to be working! So we haven't told them yet...otherwise, I'm pretty open about it to my friends although i'm not telling anyone at work.

I have to get started with acupuncture again. I usually do that once a week because it's not covered by insurance and it is another expense. But I'm excited to get started again.

I could be wrong but I think that the flare protocol usually requires Lupron from the start. Lupron stimulates initially before it shuts everything down...therefore, lupron is also a suppressant after longer term use.

I HOPE YOU GET TO GET IVF EARLIER!!!! Good luck and fingers crossed for you!

Belly, OH MY GOSH...That is some protocol!! It makes me concerned that i'm only on the protocol you were on previously. (vaginal estrogen and progesterone). hmm...maybe I should ask my doctor about whether i need to be on a more aggressive protocol? i mean, i only have 3 embies!! when are you planning on picking up your embies? I know you're worried but i'm sure that they have thought of everything and you're going to be fine! it's so cool to be thinking that you're going to physically be carrying your embies soon!

Aura, I'm glad things are going well!! is it easier this time around since you know what to expect? i hope I drop weight like you did after I get off the BCPs!!

MomtoAlexis, thanks for checking in!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#83 of 965 Old 09-07-2011, 07:49 AM

Tenzins, we haven't told anyone that we did IVF in 2009 for our DD or that we have been doing FET's since February.  I get my support from the ladies here and DH.  For me, having people asking me questions about how it's going, or even having knowlegde about our conception is just too personal.  But I think I might be in the minority.  I also have a friend that told me she would never do anything fertility related (this was before she started trying, and I had already tried clomid - of course she didn't know that).  I just replied that I wasn't opposed to fertility treatments if it came down to it, and left it at that.  Of course fast forward a year and she ended up using clomid (successfully) to get pregnant with her son.  I think it's silly to say you wouldn't do something if you were in a situation...honestly, you don't know what you would do until you were smack in the middle of it.  And maybe she wouldn't, but you just never know.

I did acupuncture with my last FET only.  I found it very relaxing, but I don't know if it did anything "medically" to help with my cycle.  My lining was thicker, but I was also on 2X+ the estrogen.  Our new clinic really recommends it with treatment, but I might just do it on transfer day, It's just so expensive and the cycle is already going to cost $6000.  I might get a massage or 2 during October because I find that just as relaxing :)

Renavoo, I think the protocol of just estrace and progesterone works for most people.  I have always had lining problems and after 3 failed FET's (with difficulities getting a lining over 7.5) I think the new clinic wants to be extra diligent.  My lining for my fresh cycle was only 8 and my estrogen levels were 6000+ (mild OHSS). 

Hi to everyone!

AFM, I was planning on getting some of my drugs today like the Lupron and Doxy.  I think I'll wait for the end of the month to get the Delestrogen, medrol, and PIO.  They also have me starting the edometrin after a positive test, so I don't think I'll get that for a while, and not all of it at once.  I think they ordered enough for the first trimester cause that's almost $500 of the drugs.  I mean, what if I get a BFN or none of the frosties make it...no sense having that on hand at home!  I was also thinking maybe I should wait until I move the embryos before getting any of the drugs just in case there is an acccident or something.  I wish I wasn't so negative, but moving the frosties really makes me nervous.

#84 of 965 Old 09-07-2011, 07:50 AM

Tenzins - PIO = Progesterone in oil

I did accupuncture with my second cycle.  I only did it the day of transfer and I really enjoyed it.  I fell asleep both before and after the transfer because I was so relaxed. 

Itsme - Congrats on your BFP!!

momtoalexis - I'm hoping I don't get put on strict bedrest, but I'll do it, of course.  I'm glad it worked for your LOs!

Everyone else - I'm following your posts and I think of you often.

AFM - Thanks for the good thoughts.  My contractions have stayed away all night.  I'm taking it very easy today too.  I'm in no hurry to meet these babies before their time.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#85 of 965 Old 09-07-2011, 10:15 AM
rcr

Kewpie - Ack! Glad everything is ok.

Tenzis - we did acupuncture with IVF, but I don't think I would do it again. Not that I don't believe in it, I just don't believe in the only accupuncture person in our city, and there are no other choices. I don't tell anybody about fertility treatments, except one friend, and I really only told her because I needed her to watch DS when I had appointments and stuff. A few months ago an acquantiance was pregnant with twins, her DH is in his 60s and she is in her late 30s, and a group of my friends were talking about how she probably needed "help," and some pretty nasty things about it. I was really annoyed about it, and vowed not to tell anybody because I am sure they would just talk about me like that. I just walked away from the conversation.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#86 of 965 Old 09-07-2011, 11:40 AM

Momtoalexis - hug.gif's to you my good friend!!! Always good to see your name pop up now and then.  You are an IVF success story that always gives me hope so it is good to have you around rooting for all of us.  Hope Alexis's first day of school goes well today!!!

Belly - I hope the whole frosty transfer goes smooth.  That has to be a little nerve wracking but I'll pray it all goes smooth for you!!!  I like the sound of this new practice so i'm glad you made the switch!!!!  It will be fine, just take some deep breaths.  Could DH go with you to pick them up so that would make you feel better maybe?

Tenzinsmama -That would be great if you could get moved up on the list b/c you put your money in so long ago!!!  Fingers crossed for you!!!  To answer some of your questions...  I was doing acupuncture once a week leading up to the IVF but since our last faild IVF in July i haven't gone back and there really is no reason (well maybe b/c it is just another expense) but i really should soon, but i'm dragging my feet.  I loved it and it was so relaxing.  How many times did your acupuncturist want you to come???  Last time i just did once a wk and then the day of the transfer.  PIO  stands for Progesterone in Oil which usually you start some kind of progesterone after the ER.  I did that my first cycle and then switched to Crinone vag. gel progesterone.  I've only told several close friends and my family knows.  I didn't want to tell my MIL/FIL b/c she is kinda too much into our business and i was afraid she would be calling me every other day or something asking how it was going.  I realize she cares but that would be too much for me.  I think you have to do what is right for you.  It is nice to have some in real life to talk to about it but if not than you know you always have us here!!!

Kewpie - I'm glad you haven't had any more contractions.  Did they hook you up to the monitor and everything when you went in?  Where you still having them then or had they stopped?

AFM - DH met with his new boss and all is good for us to have our ER and ET in Oct.  I guess he can still take time off even if he hasn't earned it yet and they will just take it from him once he gets it!  So i'm glad about that.  Not much else here... just waiting for AF to show up.  I thought she was due today, but maybe she will show up tomorrow or maybe not at all, that would be even better!!!!

#87 of 965 Old 09-07-2011, 03:16 PM

Blue, that is fabulous news about your DH getting the time off.  That must be such a relief to not have to worry about that anymore.  Did you figure out all the insurance stuff you were mentioning earlier (I think that was you!).

Kewpie, I'm so glad the contractions stayed away all night!

Renavoo, how many days left to go on BCP?  You've got another day behind you, almost... hang in there!

Everyone, thanks for the info about PIO-- I haven't seen the "in oil" part before; the only thing I really know about progesterone is the various ways in can be given, such as suppositories and creams.  And yeah, the more I think about it and especially after reading the posts in which you all have shared your experiences about telling or not telling, I'm thinking that DH and I should just keep this to ourselves.  He doesn't tell his parents much about anything, so that part was easy... and I just know that it would be better if my parents didn't know, because of what I said earlier about them not understanding the extent to which we would go plus my mom can be a real worrier-- which wouldn`t be helpful for me. As for my friend, although we are close in many ways I would say that we really have been going down different paths of late, with me quitting the place where we worked together a couple years ago so that I could focus on school, and then having my DS last year... so our priorities have been quite different. She's also 11 years younger than me, so I don't think she can fully understand the extent to which I feel I am quickly running out of time.  Mostly, it's that IF issues are something she fortunately hasn't had to deal with.  I'm worried that she won't be able to understand what I am going through, and may end up saying/doing something that could be really hurtful despite being well-intentioned, especially if I'm feeling a bit fragile at times.  I do have a 'new' friend who I met in our Birthing From Within classes last year, who conceived via IVF, and I feel completely safe talking with her.  Now I just have to decide what to do about acupuncture... it's $75 a session.  The one person I have been seeing since the summer, she had me going once a week and then every two... But it's been a month now since I've been... it's so hard to afford it and the IVF stuff.

Oh, and guess what?  I got the call this afternoon!!!!!!!  We're in!!!!  I guess it helped that we had paid the registration fee two years ago--who would have thought it would work out this way?  The RE is going with their standard protocol, so I don't have to go on BCP.  I start Suprefact Nasal on September 22nd, then go in for u/s on October 6, and if things look good then I start FSH injections and do it for 14 days.  Monitoring as needed throughout, and tentative ER is October 19.  ER would be the 21st or 23rd.  (I guess they will decide what the embryos are looking like, whether they will be 3 or 5 day transfer?)  They will be doing assisted hatching, because of my age. 

Renavoo, you must have done some serious finger crossing for me!  I could certainly feel the positive vibes you were sending with those all-caps!energy.gif

What can I expect on the Suprefact Nasal in terms of physical/emotional effects?

#88 of 965 Old 09-07-2011, 03:19 PM

Blue, saw you had your fingers crossed for me, too!  It doubled my good luck, I'm sure!smile.gif

#89 of 965 Old 09-07-2011, 04:39 PM

grrr my computer just ate my whole long post!!

tenzin- accupuncture is great, i've been doing it once a week and twice a week while on stims.  it sucks paying $75 a pop out of pocket, but it helps get rid of my symptoms from the hormones, it relaxes me, and my body responded great to the ivf last time so... if it ain't broke, why fix it?

renavoo- this time is way easier.  shots are a breeze, i caught myself loading the syringe on autopilot while watching a deliciously terrible episode of rachel zoe.  the end game will be worse because i'll be so scared of another bfn, but at least i know what i'm in for.  i don't know yet if i'm going to poas this time though, i think for me it's a bad idea.  

blue- sounds like your husband has found himself a great place to work! they seem supportive, and i'm so glad he can get the time off. hooray!

afm- i still have my period, which stinks.  this feels way longer than usual for me.  considering i'm on day 4 of stims, it needs to go away.  especially for my bw and us tomorrow.

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#90 of 965 Old 09-07-2011, 06:21 PM

Tenz - Whaoooo.... for starting soon!!!!  That is awesome that you get to get start sooner than you first thought.  What the heck is Suprefact Nasal?  I've never even heard of it.  Guess I'll have to do a google search. In all my time on here I've never heard of it before. Fill us in!!!  We haven't gotten the insurance figured out yet.  We did pin down that he will start his new job on the 26th so we are hoping that the HR person will let us know some numbers or tell us who we can call to find all this info out soon b/c I need to know asap.  Now I will cross my fingers for a BFP for you for this cycle.

aura - I hate having to have u/s when i have AF!!!  Yuck!! I'm sure they see it all though, so it probably doesn't even phase them.  Good luck and keep us posted.  Yes, I think DH has found a good place to work.  The only downfall is that it is 37miles away and his job now is like 23miles, so it is farther and that's the only thing that worries me especially in the winter. 

Belly - when is the big day to get the freeze babies??

Renavoo - what is going on with you lately?

rcr & april - Hello to both of you too.  How are you both?

ItsMe - when is your next blood test???  Keep us posted!!

Julieven - How are you???

Gelly - what is going on with you?  Did you figure out your insurance issue yet?

Hi to everyone else.  Sorry if i missed you i was trying to remember and looking at the last page or so to refresh my memory.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page