Fall IVF Thread: Let's hear it for the BFPs! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 965 Old 09-12-2011, 07:31 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Okay, I've been away for a few days visiting my folks out of town, and I'm caught up. 

Aura and Renavoo, I was LMAO at some of your comments about things... what a great way to start a Monday morning!

Aura, what do you find is really making the difference between being stressed out a lot before, and feeling more relaxed this time around?

Renavoo, what do you think are the 'right expectations'?  I'm finding it kind of hard to find the right balance.  I mean, I want us to be hopeful, because that gives us the strength and motivation to do what we need to do, and yet, I don't want to get myself too much-- I don't even know what the right word is-- I don't know, 'into it' and thinking too far ahead (I can't help but start thinking of names that I like, etc.)  My acupuncturist has used the words 'cautiously optimistic', which I like... but putting the idea into practice is not so easy! 

Blue, did you find with the teeth grinding/jaw clenching, you had tooth sensitivity in your molars at all?  My dentist thinks that might be a problem for me.  So, just wondering.  Maybe that happens?

Belly, how frustrating that your other place hasn't returned your call!  Hopefully you'll get something figured out today.

Bungalow, glad to hear that things are going well for you.

Kewpie, no news is good news-- nice, calm, uneventful weekend for you and the little ones, I'm thinking-- Yay!

ItsMe, nice to hear about those betas!

AFM, I didn't hear back from the clinic about what I'm supposed to do in the days before starting suppression... I'm thinking DH and I are going to be just not BD'ing at all, to be on the safe side.  Seems weird to be avoiding now.  I placed another call to the nurse this morning, so hopefully I'll hear back from them.  I guess they figure I'll be reading about it in the package that I'm getting in the next day or two-- but what if I ovulate early this cycle and we BD'd... I would just feel better knowing what I need to be doing right now.  Oh yeah, Renavoo, it's nice to hear you say that you didn't find it so bad going through all that stuff with taking meds, etc-- I just read a book "Having a baby... when the old-fashioned way doesn't work" by Cindy Margolis, and she makes it sound really awful with the meds and their side effects (mainly, moodiness, discomfort with the shots, and weight gain is what she referred to repeatedly).  I maybe shouldn't have read the book.  I'm just wanting to be zen-like going into this... well, as much as possible.  I guess the two main things I'm thinking about and getting a tad worried about is going through a menopause-like state, and then, if we are so blessed to have a number of good embies, the decision about how many to transfer.  At our clinic, it sounds like the maximum number of embies they would normally recommend for a woman of my age is 3.  I watched an informational video they have online, and I did this QandA that comes with it about what I would be comfortable with, and it came up as 3 as well.  I'm trying to take each day as it comes, yet, think about things and talk about some of the 'what ifs' with my DH so we will know where each other stands on certain things, should it come down to some major decision-making. 

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#122 of 965 Old 09-12-2011, 07:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Belly - You know what boggles my mind is that DD was conceived naturally (without any temping, charting, timed intercourse, etc., you know - like normal people!) and DH probably had the same issues then. What gives?

Kewpie - Thanks for your perspective. I know it is more accurate than my fantasy world.

Blue - I don't think he had an ultrasound. It was identified with the physical exam, which he started to complain about until he saw the disbelieving look on my face and back-tracked to say it was obviously not as bad as my appointments. Smart man. Now if I could just get him to make sure the dishes are clean before he puts them away...

Renavoo and Auraleigh - Thanks for the well wishes.

rcr - how are you doing?

Working mama to one seven year old daughter. 
#123 of 965 Old 09-12-2011, 09:33 AM

julieven - yeah for finding a problem.  I hope that you are able to get your 'free baby' and not have to do IVF... keep us posted on what they decide to do with your DH

BellyBean - totall understand wanting time to go by faster!! It is hard because when it does and you look back you are like where did it go?  But in the moment when you are working through this process it is a long time to know the end result... if you could just tell me at the end of the day, I will be pregnant, I think I could not want time to speed up so much?  Who knows!!

TenzinsMama - I didn't find IVF to be that bad.  Yes, I gained some weight but that is more from my eating choices then anything.  I would love to blame it on the meds but I know I am partially to blame. The hot flashes to stink... but they pass and I move on.  I would say my hardest thing is the Lupron gives me headaches and I don't want to take much as I am treating my body as though I am already pregnant.  I think it is good to be prepared and know what you are getting into.  I know we had to sign concent forms at our 1st supression meeting that went over a lot of the what if's?  (what if one of you die and you have frozen embryos what happens to them?  type things) and it had to be notarized... it is a lot to think about

wave.gif HELLO everone else, I hope you are having a good Monday!!

AFM - I started stims last night.  I am taking quite a bit more meds this time around and my first hotflash hit me about 2 hours after the meds... it took a few days last time.  However, I am much more relaxed this time around.  I am not sure why but I am just going with the flow.  Maybe because I know what to expect?  And since the result last time I am kinda expecting for this not to work and will just be happy if it does... maybe that is a bad attitude to have, IDK

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14 - It's a BOY!
#124 of 965 Old 09-12-2011, 11:58 AM

April, yay for stims!!  And it sounds like they are already working :)  I really hope they have your protocol figured out this time and you get your BFP!  I totally agree about the time being different if you knew for sure it would work. 

Julie, infertility is hard no matter what...but secondary infertility must be really hard since everything worked before and now it doesn't. 

Tenzi, I think it's best to talk about those decisions ahead of time...of course I LOVE to over analyze everything :)  I didn't think IVF was that bad either.  I did get bloated from a mild case of OHSS, but it was SO worth it that all the shots, appointments, and extra pounds were easily forgotten.  I was also really excited the whole time about the possibility of finally being pregnant, so I might have gone into it with a positive attitude. 

AFM, just got back from my testing.  The mock transfer went great, and the RE took measurements so he is prepared for the real transfer next month.  The SIS revealed a perfectly smooth uterus.  And the doppler showed I have good blood flow to the uterus.  So it looks like our transfer is 'a go' at this point.  I think I will try to nap today.  I forgot to take tylenol before going and my uterus is cramping a little from the SIS.  They also gave me an antibotic since they were inside the uterus, but I hadn't had much to eat so now I feel sick to my stomach.  Glad it's my day off! 

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#125 of 965 Old 09-12-2011, 12:06 PM

I got 3rd beta done today. It is 5w2days and number is 351. They are saying expected 340. 2nd beta for 95 on Thursday after 4 days number is 351.

Is this good number?.

#126 of 965 Old 09-12-2011, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

HI Ladies!!

TenzinsMama, I don't know what the right expectations are! I mean, I guess I walked in expecting a BFP with my first IVF and then ended up getting a BFN which devastated me. So this time around, I'm walking in more, as you say, cautiously optimistic. Hopefully, it works out. But if not, then I need to start thinking about next steps!! in fact, I may start planning that out soon, just in case.

Belly, did the other doctor call you back!? I certainly hope so. And I hope that you're feeling a little more comfortable now. YAH to the great results from your tests. I'm glad you're resting and taking it easy. Having all those tests done has got to be exhausting, especially at the same time!

April, I'm so happy that you're starting and that you're less stressed with this cycle. I think that your mindset is what my mindset will be too...it'll be great if it works but I'm much more cautious about being too optimistic this time around. sniff. it sucks that we have to be even a little down but I don't want to get my hopes so up again that if I get a BFN, my world comes crashing down again.

Julie, yuck to having to wait some more but I think that it's great that you guys have something to look forward to. I really hope that all goes well and you end up getting the news that your infertility issues are correctable. By the way, I LOLed when I read your comment about how your husband was starting to complain and then realized how, after all we end up getting down to our bodies, their part really isn't that bad.

AFM, ok, Sat will be my last BCP so I'm happy about that. Then I have to wait for the withdrawal bleed and then hopefully, all is well with the US so I can start the prep phase. I'm getting there. I'm still having pain on the right side of my face. Sigh, I went to see a derm today, who says that the cyst on my ear lobe is really close to one of my cranial nerves (darn it) which is why I'm getting the radiating pain. SIGH! I mean seriously...I got an injection to hopefully, help that cyst go down quicker. I'm such a mess. hehe oh well, DH won't have to deal with me for a couple of days because he's on a business trip. I plan on doing everything I don't want to do in front of him. hmmm I should go buy one of those really ugly facial masks and walk around with cucumbers on my eyes!! maybe that's what I'll do tonight! :oD

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#127 of 965 Old 09-12-2011, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Ugh, I forgot to say that I feel guilty about work too. My coworker asked me if I could go to a meeting in Austria October 17th. That's only 3 days from my transfer. I told her that there was no way I could go. I hate that IF interferes with work but I definitely know what my priority is. But it doesn't stop me from feeling guilty. No one at work (who isn't a close friend of mine) knows about my fertility treatments so I can't even use that as a reason. I am just really vague about how I won't be in town that weekend and therefore, can't travel overnight.

love.gif

#128 of 965 Old 09-12-2011, 01:20 PM

Renavoo -  Yay for the last BCP!!!  I feel bad about work too.  B/c I work in a position that I have to do a lot of heavy lifting it makes it hard for me to work after the transfer.  There are days where I have to lift anywhere from 20-50 or more lbs an hour so I always feel kinda guilty about not working after the ET until the beta.  It would be different if my co-workers knew but I work in several different nursing homes so I don't feel like these people that I hardly know need to know my business.  Did you get an appt for your ear, by the way?

rcr - did you have your iui??  How did it go?  Just haven't seen your name around and wanted to see how things were going for you! Hope all is well.

ItsMe - I think those numbers sound good.  Do you have another beta soon or are you done?

Belly - glad to hear your tests went well.  Did you ever hear from your other RE???

April - Glad to hear you started your stims!!!  Yay!!!  I was the same way with my 2nd fresh cycle b/c i totally knew what to expect.  I think that is good way to be b/c i believe stress only messes with your system.

Julie - LOL... loved the dishes comment!!  Funny!  I hear ya!!! 

Tenzi - I also didn't have much troubles at all with the IVF meds either.  They changed my protocol with the 2nd fresh IVF in July so i did have some nausea at first but it went away and also had a headache for a bit but seemed to also go away w/ time.  It wasn't too bad at all.  I expected worse.  The one clinic we had talked to about doing IVF with told my DH he might want to go away on business for a few weeks over-seas b/c of the hormonal changes but I was fine and even with AF i don't get too moody normally - this past AF might be a different story but i'm blaming it on the extra supplements I've been on.  Oh and yes, my teeth do bother me and are sensitive.  My dentist said to use sensodyne toothpaste but it still bothers me.. i don't use it all the time though b/c i like the taste of the other paste better so use it now and then. One time I thought for sure i had a cavity in one of my molars and told the dentist about it and he thought that i had a crack in one of my molars (this was when i was being bad about wearing the night guard) and said that it may just break off sometime, but was so sensitive and one day i was chewing some gum and next thing you know  a chunk of the corner of my tooth broke off and i had to then have it fixed.  I now make sure i wear my bite guard every night!!

AFM - This has been the weirdest AF ever.  My stomach has been all off... spent almost 2 days on the toilet and more emotional too.  I'm just blaming it all on the new supplements I've been on which kinda scares me a bit to keep taking them, but maybe that is what I need b/c normally I don't have many symptoms w/ AF at all and this time I felt totally different.  Another thing is that normally i have been doing acupuncture and haven't done it much this month, so that might be part of the issue as well. I need to get back into it here maybe next week.

Hello to everyone else.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#129 of 965 Old 09-12-2011, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

I was really hoping to not make you feel badly.  I just remember feeling so completely defeated and depressed after we got the news.  DH was devastated even more than I was.  I just hope your outcome is better than ours!!  My DH was diagnosed with a physical exam and then an u/s a few days later.  Do you know if they plan to do that for your DH?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieven View Post

Kewpie - Thanks for your perspective. I know it is more accurate than my fantasy world.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#130 of 965 Old 09-12-2011, 01:26 PM

AFM - I've been super crampy the last couple days, but thankfully they are not coming in regular intervals like they were last week.  The babies are getting strong and the kicks can be felt from the outside now and my OB says that they are triggering contractions and that I have an irritable uterus.  I'm keeping a close eye on them to make sure they don't become regular again.  For the next 7 weeks, I can take ibuprofen to stop them at home if I need to.  After that, I'll need to go back to L&D.  

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#131 of 965 Old 09-12-2011, 02:23 PM

blueyezz4: I don't have any further beta. on 21st I have UltraSound.

#132 of 965 Old 09-12-2011, 04:06 PM

hi ladies!

Tenzin- i think the difference between this cycle and the last one is that i know what to expect.  the first time seemed so scary and every time i had ANY symptom i would obsess over it.  each day took forever, i would spend all day thinking about my shots and what would come next.  this time, because i've been through it all, i am just living my life normally and just happen to be taking these shots.  i'm on day 9 of stims and i believe that i will be triggering tomorrow.  and these 9 days have flown by! other than some bloating and a few killer headaches, i've been fine.  i too was worried about "menopause-like symptoms" but felt okay on the stims.  i'm doing acupuncture, so i am not sure if that has been helping or not.  i had the worst symptoms on the PIO shots, but i'm not doing them this time around.  but even then, it was minor.  constipation, bloating, pain at injection site... but nothing so bad i had to stay home from work.  it's more of an annoyance.  my advice to you is to be optimistic, hopeful, etc, but keep in mind that it may not work.  i was CRUSHED when i got my bfn, even though i had prepared myself 100 times over that it probably wouldn't be my time.  i had even taken 7 home pregnancy tests that were all negative and i was STILL crushed when the RE gave me my news.  i don't think it's easy news to hear, ever.  however, keeping your body happy and calm can't hurt, so being "cautiously optimistic" is really the best bet.  as we've seen here, it does work eventually and this board has had many graduates

april- hooray for stims! i was thinking about you last night because i remembered seeing on the main page that you were starting up.  hopefully this cycle will be so much better than the last!

belly- congrats on the lovely uterus!  doesn't it make you feel good to know that at least one part of this equation is exactly as it needs to be?

renavoo-  the time has finally come!  before you know it you'll be shooting up with the rest of us.  who knew we'd be so excited to be doing it?  sorry about your cyst and teeth pain, but consider it a distraction?  i may follow your lead and throw on some face mask tonight.  these hormones are messing with my face!  and don't feel guilty about work.   we all have to have priorities, and for the time being, this is yours.  there will be other trips that you'll go on, other favors you will do for people down the line.  they won't hold this against you.  

blue-  i am so curious about these supplements.  it will be so interesting to do a before and after comparison.  hopefully the after will be a big fat BFP!

afm- today is day 9 of stims.  this morning we measured about 14 follicles ranging from 16 to 10mm, with some smaller ones not worth measuring.  they bumped me up from 300 gonal f to 375 tonight, so i get the feeling that this is the final haul.  if we get good growth overnight i expect to trigger tomorrow and retrieve on thursday, otherwise trigger wednesday and retrieval friday.  i'd actually prefer friday because then it would feel like a long weekend and i'd have time to adjust from the bloating and stomach pain... but i'll take either.  whatever is best for my body.  i think i'm more relaxed this time because i know my dh's sperm is the problem, and we have the donor sperm as a backup.  we are both totally fine with whichever sperm produces the best embryos.  at this point we just want a baby and we want to stop doing ivf!  

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#133 of 965 Old 09-12-2011, 04:07 PM

Well, it doesn't sound like IVF isn't going to be as bad as what I was thinking it might be... what you all are telling me goes with what the pharmacist at the clinic was telling me-- she phoned to tell me that all my meds will be available tomorrow morning. No rush to pick them up, she said, but I told her I would be in right away because I am SO excited to start!  Anyway, I asked a bunch of questions.  She says that I might be one of those people who are very senstive to meds, which I would agree based on how I've reacted to other things over the years, but aside from that, she said Clomid isn't a drug that she is fond of--apparently it can make people feel like they are going a little crazy (yep, that was me).  She said it is because Clomid effects the estrogen recepter sites all over the body, so it hits everything... whereas, with the fertility drugs they use for IVF, it targets the ovaries.  She said for some people, they experience moodiness and/or hot flashes, which would be just like how some women but not others have pronounced symptoms when they go through natural menopause.  Oh, and maybe some headaches.  So, although I knew that I would be bloated and possibly quite tender in my abdominal area, I was so worried about these other things because I was thinking it would be like Clomid-- but now I'm not anymore.  (Thought I would post all that, even though most of you probably know that stuff already, as it might be interesting for others to know if they are reading this and contemplating IVF.) 

rcr, I hope this last IUI is the one that brings you your bfp.

renavoo, you must have one interesting job, if your out-of-town travel would include a place like Austria...

kewpie, how far along were you when you found out you were having twins?  I can just imagine how much movement you would be experiencing when it is x2!

Belly, wow, things are really moving along!

April, yay for the meds doing an awesome job already it sounds like!

#134 of 965 Old 09-12-2011, 04:13 PM

I found out at 5w4d, but I only found out that early cause I had SCH and was bleeding heavily and they gave me an unscheduled u/s.  I feel like I've swallowed an octopus most days.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenzinsMama View Post

kewpie, how far along were you when you found out you were having twins?  I can just imagine how much movement you would be experiencing when it is x2!

IVF #1 11 weeks

#135 of 965 Old 09-12-2011, 04:21 PM

aura, I'm really going to try and do what you say about living life as normally as possible over the next few weeks, despite everything that is going on.  About getting the results, I can't imagine feeling so crushed when finding out it isn't a bfp, after going through the process...I sure wish we all didn't have to go through this.  Will you POAS again-- was it a helpful for you in your coping process, or would it have been better for you, do you think, if you hadn't?  I sure hope this is it for you!  I didn't realize you were as far along as you are.  Keep us posted-- I'm so excited for you!

Renavoo, I hope your ear cyst is going down!

#136 of 965 Old 09-12-2011, 05:03 PM

tenzin- i think you have the right attitude about things! i say hope for the best with the meds.  other than the mental games we play with ourselves, the rest of it isn't really all that bad.  i probably will try not to POAS this time.  i think i gave myself an extra week of depression when all the tests came back negative.  the 2ww is maybe the hardest part of the whole process because there isn't much to do other than wait, but if i can mentally be strong enough, i want to wait for my beta.  mentally i think it will keep me calmer.  

#137 of 965 Old 09-12-2011, 05:36 PM

Kewpie, haha love the image of an octopus inside of you!!!  Glad everything has calmed down a little for you!

Aura, I don't think I'll POAS this time either.  I used to like the gradual let down of a negative hpt, but this last time was really bad for me.  Everyday sent me deeper down a hole and I really wasted 5 days of my life. 

Tenzi, glad your excited to get started now! 

Renavoo, can I go to Austria for you?!?  I'd love to help you out and all :) Sorry you are having such a tough time with the teeth and cyst.

Blue, hope you are starting to feel better...what a crazy AF!!  I'll keep my fingers crossed that it means the supplements are working and this is your cycle!

rcr, hope everything is going well with you.

AFM, after 2 calls to the old clinic today I think I have a plan to pick up the frosties Wednesday.  I still haven't talked with the RE, but I got the nurse to agree to a date/time and she would call me if there was a problem with that plan.  When I was at the new clinic today I saw a delivery guy show up with a push dolly and the container said "dry shipper".  I hope mine isn't that big because I'll have DD with me too.  I like that I have something to do every day this week, it will fly by!  And then it will be time for the Lupron (next monday)...I shouldn't be this excited about shots, but I am!! 

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#138 of 965 Old 09-12-2011, 06:35 PM

auraleigh - ummmm they started me on 375 of gonal-f - I am guessing that is why the hot flashes hit me so quickly! I had my ER on a Friday last time and really hope that happens again because it was nice to have the weekend to get back to feeling like myself!  GL, I am excited for you!

TenzinsMama - I agree - Clomid made me CRAZY - my staff at the time would use the code word "blue coconuts" on my crazy days!  I feel much more in control of my moods with IVF.  I hope that you find the same response and that these don't impact you as much as clomid did.  Part of what took me so long to decide to do IVF was because I was not sure if I could handle it after clomid.  So, I am glad it is nothing like that!!

BellyBean - I understand being excited for starting shots... it feels like you are that much closer to the end result. GL picking up your frosties, I hope it all goes as planed and you don't have any issues getting them to the new clinic!

I know someone on here asked me at some point about doing this with a grade school aged kid at home and I don't think I ever answered.  DD is in 1st grade and she has seen on the meds but hasn't really asked what they are for.  We didn't share with her what we are doing because she wants a baby brother or sister so bad I can't get her hopes up to have her crushed.  I thought it wasn't impacting her until ER day.  I guess she asked DH if I was going to die.  WOW - that made me feel horrible that she had been thinking I was sick and taking the meds because I was going to die.  So, we just try to talk about what is on her mind and reassure her I am ok.  We try to keep the house as normal as possible.

I also know someone said they use their q-cap from their Menupor to suck up all their gonal f and make sure they are savoring it... AWESOME idea.  I started doing that this cycle and feel so much better (because I don't feel wasteful) and I am so worried that I will need to stim longer than expected and have to get more... so THANKS for the idea. 

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14 - It's a BOY!
#139 of 965 Old 09-12-2011, 07:13 PM

Hi everyone!  I haven't checked in on the fall thread yet, but I've been lurking and keeping up with everyone!

Kewpie, I remembered that you had bleeding but I didn't realize it was due to SCH.  I was just diagnosed Sunday morning thanks to a huge bleeding scare-my bathroom looked like a CSI crime scene and I just KNEW we were miscarrying again.  The ultrasound showed our little wiggler (9w4d) and his/her heartbeat, so that was reassuring.  I'll have a follow-up ultrasound this Wednesday with my local doctor to see if the clot has changed in size.  Do you remember when yours resolved (or if it did)? 

ETA: Were you on bedrest?  If so, how long? 

#140 of 965 Old 09-12-2011, 08:23 PM

It took a while to clear, but it did finally.  I had an u/s every week.  It was first noticed at 5w4d when it drained and I bled.  It was smaller, but still open at 6w4d.  At 7w4d it had scabbed over, but was still there.  It shrunk each week and was completely gone by 10-11 weeks if I'm remembering correctly. 

Yes, I was on bedrest until 12 weeks and complete pelvic rest until 15 weeks.  The doc said I could get up to go to the bathroom and make a sandwich, but that was it and I wasn't supposed to lift anything heavier than a glass of water.

I thought I was miscarrying when it happened too.  It was pretty horrifying and I'm glad yours turned out to be SCH too and nothing worse.  Most SCH cases heal with no further problems.  It *can* cause placenta abruption which is why my doc was so careful with the bedrest and everything.  Not all doctors prescribe that, but mine seems to be overly cautious, which I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InWaiting View Post

Kewpie, I remembered that you had bleeding but I didn't realize it was due to SCH.  I was just diagnosed Sunday morning thanks to a huge bleeding scare-my bathroom looked like a CSI crime scene and I just KNEW we were miscarrying again.  The ultrasound showed our little wiggler (9w4d) and his/her heartbeat, so that was reassuring.  I'll have a follow-up ultrasound this Wednesday with my local doctor to see if the clot has changed in size.  Do you remember when yours resolved (or if it did)? 

ETA: Were you on bedrest?  If so, how long? 

IVF #1 11 weeks

#141 of 965 Old 09-13-2011, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter

Belly, you can DEFINITELY go to Austria for me. haha. I just found out my trip to Switzerland was canceled today! yah! haha I HATE to fly and while it may sound glamorous (I have a few international clients, so sometimes I have to fly to different countries) I end up working 14 hour days and barely sleeping because I never sleep well in hotel rooms. Add to that the fact that I almost never get the time to go and play tourist because I'm working and I end up having to entertain clients as well and you guys can see why I hate traveling. :o) Also, traveling is so much more stressful when TTCing because timing is so important. I'm so happy they cut down my traveling.

I'm glad you finally have a day set and that your week should fly by!! You'll be ONE WEEK CLOSER! WHOO HOOO! I can't wait until we both get BFPs in the next couple of months. haha better to be positive right?

But I'm so with Belly and Aura about the POAS. I will probably still do it this time around because while it was painful the last time, I think it would have been more painful on the day of my beta if I hadn't been prepared. I know we all still hold on to hope even when we get a negative POAS that the beta would be positive but I feel like I would just feel even worse to be completely surprised. So I'll probably POAS 9dpt. If it's negative then, it probably will be negative for the beta and I'll be prepared. At least that's my plan for now!

Aura, I'm so happy for you that it's almost time for retrieval!!! I hope that you get a lot of beautiful, fertilized eggs and gorgeous embies!! It's your time...I can feel it!

Tenzin, I hear that clomid is a monster for many women. I actually tolerated clomid quite well...I felt just a little nausea but otherwise, no symptoms. My first RE was a jerk...when I told her about the nausea, she dismissed it and said it was all in my head. I should have found someone else right then. grrr. She seemed to think that NO ONE should suffer from any symptoms with clomid. *shaking head* I then did a search and found that it was not a well tolerated drug for many people. Anyway, off my rant...I hope that your stim cycle is relatively easy! I think that you should be prepared for any side effects but I hope that hearing that most of the women on this board tolerated the stims well makes you feel better. thumb.gif

AFM, cyst going down. By the way, the derm said that the cyst probably came because of the hormones that are going crazy in my body. sigh. I just keep thinking that it'll be worth it one day! Last night, my jaw really hurt so it was difficult to eat (although, of course, I still ate...hehe) but today, it's much much more tolerable. So hopefully, that is a sign that things are going well. SO excited that I don't have to travel so I'm going to write to my doctor and see if he would prefer I take the injections. He said it doesn't matter which I take but it gets me nervous that the injections were his go to treatment...

love.gif

#142 of 965 Old 09-13-2011, 11:35 AM

Belly - What do you do that makes you travel so much?  I traveled when I got pregnant with DD but not internationally.  Nationally was enough for me.  I was gone about 80% of the time - which is a LOT of travel.  While there are aspects of it I liked, it is not always as glamours as it seems.  I was a financial educatior so I loved what I did though!!

InWaiting - I hope your clot clears up and you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and not worry!! 

renavoo - I am not shocked it could be from all the hormones, that just stinks! I hope that it goes down fast so you can get some relief and that you get your BFP that made this all worth it!!

AFM - Had day 3 (of stims) b/w done this morning. I didn't get to talk to the nurse when she called so I don't know what my e-level was (might email her so I can compare to last cycle) but she said everything looks fine and to keep on the same doseage I am on. What a relief as I was afraid I would need more...

UPDATE - so my e2 levels were at 140.  At this time last cycle they were at 40 so seeing progress but still guarded.

#143 of 965 Old 09-13-2011, 01:25 PM

Thanks Lynne!  Your e2 levels are off to a great start!!

#144 of 965 Old 09-13-2011, 02:24 PM

April - It was my question. Kinda same boat here, except DD pieced together the shots/appts with my pregnancy on her own. She began telling her teachers/friends at school around the time I started having symptoms, even though we were super careful not to say anything in front of her. She even asked if that baby dying (her explanation for the mc/d&c) was because of all the shots. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Working mama to one seven year old daughter. 
#145 of 965 Old 09-13-2011, 05:12 PM

hello ladies!

april, you started on 375?  last time or this time?  it's always interesting to see what the REs prescribe.  my clinic starts everyone at 225 gonal and 2 vials menopur and adjusts accordingly.  last time i went a bit slow so this time i started at 300.  it still is taking 10 days, so who knows?   it was possibly me who mentioned the qcaps, i think i said something about them recently.  i LOVE them.  it just makes it so much easier to get the bottom of the bottle.  especially when i was on 300 of gonal and there was exactly 600 in there.  i made it work!  it broke my heart what your DD said, so i'm glad you're talking with her more about the process.  it's got to be scary to see you with all the needles and vials and shots... i can't even imagine what she was thinking!  hopefully this will be the lucky time and she will soon have a baby brother or sister.

belly-  good luck with the tank!  hopefully it won't be so big.  i assume they'd warn you if you had to do heavy lifting.  also, you start so soon! i'm very excited for you.  please remind me in a week about the poas.  and how terrible it felt.  you're right, we will never get those five days back.   not worth it!

inwaiting-  that must have been so scary!! i am glad it wasn't a miscarriage, and i'm glad there's someone else on the board who has gotten through it successfully.  i didn't even know what SCH was, i'm so glad you got through it okay.

afm,  sadly tonight is not trigger night.  i am on another night of 375 gonal and 2 vials of menopur, plus one cetrotide.  i'm done! no more meds in the house, so i better trigger tomorrow.  the follicles ranged from 17 to 10 this morning, and there were about 17 of them.  i can't imagine they will make me wait much longer.  i am so bloated, and other than the headaches, i've been having these terrible aches in my legs.  my acupuncturist said it's something about my tendons due to the hormones, i wasn't 100% sure of what she was saying, but it would make sense.  i've never had anything like it.  all i want to do is curl up with a heating pad.  if i trigger tomorrow, that sets my retrieval for friday.  which means a long weekend and time to rest!  fingers crossed.  hope everyone is feeling well...

#146 of 965 Old 09-13-2011, 05:46 PM

??  Has anyone ever stimed for less than 10 days?  

auraleigh - last time they started me in the low 200's for the gonal F and never increased it.  This time he started me off at 375.  So, I a kinda hope I don't have to go for 10 days.  I hate trying to plan and figure out when I will need off work, find someone to take DD to school or pick her up or take her to soccer... etc.  I thought I was the only one who was having leg pains.  It is kinda near my knee on the back side. It feels very strange, I can't really explain it....

#147 of 965 Old 09-13-2011, 06:48 PM

Inwaiting, I echo April's comments about things hopefully clearing up soon so that you can go on to enjoy your pregnancy without all that extra worry.

Renavoo, I can't believe that one RE you had would say such a thing, about the symptoms being in your head.  Good thing you live in a big city where you could get a differerent one!

Aura, Here's hoping you trigger tomorrow!  Boo to leg pains!

Btw, What are e2 levels?

AFM, I picked up my bag of meds this afternoon from the clinic pharmacy.  Starting to feel like it's really happening now.  I'm feeling really positive about things-- I can't wait to start snorting up the spray and pricking myself with needles, haha.  I was suprised to find out that during suppression, I'll still get AF... and then I start with stims, and get a trigger, and then it's ER and then ET.  That's how it goes, in a nutshell, right?  Look at me, with all the lingo.. tee hee.

Can't wait to rejoice in the bfps with you all over the next while.  I'm sending all of you positive energy and I'm rooting for all the embies to grow and take hold as they should.  I think some really great things are going to happen soon!

#148 of 965 Old 09-13-2011, 07:07 PM

Tenzi - e2 is your estrogen level.  They will normally test it every time you have an U/S when you are stimming. I think they just want to keep a watch on it and make sure the number keeps going up as you go farther on in your cycle.  Yep, you've got it girl!!!  Now just sit back, or maybe I should say lay back and enjoy the ride!!!  LOL  Oh, and don't forget to put your feet in the stirrups!!!  You will do fine and we are all here to help you out.

April - My first cycle i did exactly 10 days of stims, my 2nd fresh cycle I did 12 or 13 days i think it was but that was the one that went too long so this one my RE already said no more than 11 days so we will see.  Sorry to hear you are having pains in your legs.  Did you tell your RE or nurse about that?  The whole process is enough we don't need other symptoms along with all the other fun stuff.  Keeping you in my thoughts and hoping this will be your cycle!!!

aura- fingers crossed for you to trigger tomorrow so you can rest for the weekend.  I hate trying to figure out when things will happen.  I finally just gave up on trying to figure it out and just go with the flow. 

Renavoo - HOpe the cyst goes away all together. It will be interesting to see if it grows bigger once you start stims again.  I know my RE told me he thought the polyps i had removed were caused from all the meds i'd been on w/ these cycles.  Yuck!!!  Glad to hear you don't have to travel now.  I think traveling just kinda adds more stress when you are trying to stim and do all the other stuff so that is good you won't have to deal with that too.

belly - glad to hear that you got the whole transfer of the freeze babies figured out.  I hope it all goes smooth.  Keep us posted.

Inwaiting - hope things clear up for you and you have a healthy pregnancy from here on out. Keep us posted.

rcr - where are you??????  You okay???

Sure i'm missing some more people, but i just always try to look back on the page above to do my post most of the time.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#149 of 965 Old 09-14-2011, 01:11 PM

Oh my gosh, what a crazy day!  I am just mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted!  I'll come back tonight for personals :)

First of all, I had to take DD with me for the move of our frosties.  So we went to the new clinic to pick up the shipper.  At first they came out with a really small box, I was like "wow, I was expecting much bigger".  Then the nurse started telling me how to freeze it and then brings up a blood draw.  I explained I was transporting embyos not blood and they said to wait while they cleared up the confusion.  About 20 min later the lab director/embryologist comes out with a small tank and explains how it opens/closes and we were finally on our way.

We get to the old clinic and the nurse there says the tank is too small.  Their embryologist wasn't in, and she didn't want to take them out of the protective case to put them in the smaller tank.  I totally agreed, I was worried sick something would happen to them.  So then they call the new clinic and the embryologis says it's fine to put them in the small tank.  Well, the old clinic wasn't happy with that plan, so they filled up their large portable tank and we put the frosties in that.

Now I am carrying a large tank, a small tank, and I have my toddler DD trying to make it through the building, parking garage, and back to the new clinic!  We make it back there and cars are zooming around us in the parking garage.  We wait for the embryologist to "receive" them and get the tank back....now we have to go back to the old clinic to return their tank.

3.5 hours later the move is complete!!!  I really hope they are doing well in their new home :)  I know the new embryologist was a little confused because their grading is completely different and she wasn't sure what their shorthand notes on the tags meant.  Like EB could be early blast or expanding blast...ect.  I got copies of all the tags and it looks like the remaining quality is better than I thought.

I can't wait to hear how they thaw and grow for my upcoming transfer!!! 

#150 of 965 Old 09-14-2011, 03:42 PM

Belly, what an ordeal!  It's kind of like yesterday for me, but X100!  (I had picked up my meds from the clinic, a whole big bag of them with Sharps container, info package, etc, and had DS in my other arm-- my DH had texted me and made a joke about me having my hands full.)  I'm glad the move is over, and they received a nice welcome at their new home! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page