Fall IVF Thread: Let's hear it for the BFPs! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

#181 of 965 Old 09-17-2011, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Blue, with our clinic, I guess it depends on each person's situation, because they do both.  We've got to go through assisted hatching, so I'm not sure if that is done on Day 3 or Day 5 embies.  That's one of the things I was wondering about these last couple of days-- maybe with my age they will do Day 5 so that way, with any embies that aren't doing well (since I very likely have egg quality issues), the embryologist and docs will know to avoid transfering those-- that is, if they don't end up arresting before then?  When my DH paid the IVF fee yesterday (yowza!) I notice that on the bottom of the sheet it says we have an appointment on September 29th.  So I guess that is when we will be able to ask questions.  Looks like suppression is for 14 days-- until October 6th.  And then that same day or the day after, I start the injections.

I hope everyone is doing well, have a good night!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 965 Old 09-17-2011, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks everyone!!!

Tenzi~ Good luck on getting started...here is hoping that this cycle flies by for you, and that you get some of your projects completed.

Aura~ Congrats on a great fert report. Good Luck on your ET this week. I saved up all of my sick time and vacation time for TTC...so for the most part my emloyer is in the dark. They are good about letting me change days off at the last minuet.

Belly~ Yeah for getting started!  I had a hard time sleeping during my last tww...I would drink a glass of warm milk before I went to bed, which seemed to help me get to sleep, but I would wake up after a few hrs. Sorry I can't think of any other suggestions for you, but I hope that it goes away soon.

Renavoo~ Yeah for pictures! I LOVE "Living Social" and "Groupon"...we have a helicopter ride for later this fall through "Groupon". I can't wait to go.

AFM~ We are just waiting...smile.gif. Here is hoping that we are ready to start sooner than later.

Gelly

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#183 of 965 Old 09-18-2011, 03:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Hi ladies!

Tenzin, I think most of the clinics prefer 5 day transfers these days for the exact reason that they can see which ones have the best chance of survival. From what I read, most of the time, 3 and 5 day transfers have the same rate of success but with 3 day transfers, you may have to transfer more embies. I know my clinic will only do a 3 day transfer if there aren't enough embies (I don't know what the cut off point is though) but I had a 5 day transfer and my frozen embies are actually 6 day embies. I don't think that assisted hatching changes the days of transfer. however, it'll be great to have the opportunity to talk to your doctor! it's pretty funny because it sounds like your clinic really just schedules everything for you and you're just along for the ride!

Belly, yah for good communication! I wish my nurse was better at communicating. i mean, if there are questions that i think she doesn't want to answer, she doesn't write back (I do most of my communication over email because I don't want to speak into a phone at work- walls are thin!) It forces me to write to her again until she does finally write back...and by then, 2 days have gone by. It actually annoys the heck out of me...I feel like they should respond within the day because, hey, we're paying a lot of money and we may just need that peace of mind. I'm so excited about you finally starting your lupron and getting the cycle going. I think you're only 2 weeks behind me (although, during the 2ww that feels like a life time!) In fact,Oct/Nov is going to be a busy time for many of us with lots of BFPs! thumb.gif

As for activity after the transfer, I think that you should be fine on the Sunday, to do a little light work, but don't overdo it. Just do anything you're comfortable with to the point where you don't ever stress about whether it is wrong. At least, that's what I plan on doing. As for your DD, i hate coming up with excuses! That, i feel, is one of the most stressful parts of this whole process! Maybe you can say something like, you're not picking her up as much because you're wanting to treat her more like a big girl. haha and then when you can pick her up again, give her extra loving because i'm sure she'll miss you!

Keria and Graf, thaks for checking in! Graf, 4 more weeks!! I hope things pass by without any undue stress.

Blue, yuuum chili! haha i'm guilty of eating out a lot. sigh. DH and i both don't like cooking. I prefer the eating part. ahah. Yah to getting started for you too! How are you feeling about it? The time is going to be here in no time! Do you have to find a hotel that allows dogs? haha i bet your puppy would love this- it's like a new adventure!

AFM, photo session was a lot of fun yesterday! it was a nice day, although rain threatened but the photographer was a wonderful woman and made DH and I feel at ease. Also, DH and I are just goofs so whenever we were supposed to stare deeply into each others' eyes, we started giggling and just making funny faces. So I'm sure that there will be a lot of fun photos in there. The difficult pose was the one where she told me to NOT smile wild.gif Today, we have a football party. having these things to do takes my mind off of everything for a little while so i'm happy about that. I have my little nephew coming next week so this week will be a blur, i think! And then, there's just a few more weeks till my transfer! i'm really nervous about that because i know I will be devastated if it doesn't work. I just don't know what i'm going to do afterwards. Do you ladies think I should take a break after that or just go into another stim cycle? Hopefully, it doesn't happen but i'm just trying to set expectations and next steps.

Happy Sunday!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#184 of 965 Old 09-18-2011, 09:55 AM

Renavoo, yeah, it kind of does sound like that a little bit, about going along for the ride, ha ha.  I have been given all the information that I need to get through from one step to the other right now, so I guess what it's that I'm just having a lot of questions that can't really be answered until I'm smack dab in the middle of things, particularly when it comes to ET in terms of what day, how many, etc.   Our doc did talk with us about a couple of things having to do with it; like, the assisted hatching and the fact that they would put in 'extra' embies compared to what they typically do-- both things having to do with my age.  (Ack, there's my age thing again!)  I have three friends who went through the clinic and had IVF, and they said it was a 'well-oiled machine'.   I'm reassured by that (also, these gals all got bfps, so that's nice to see!), so I'm feeling like everything is going to be taken care of when the time comes, and I just need to relax and trust the process.  Also, I've been trying to give myself really positive affirmations each day, too, such as, "My body is capable", etc.  Have you (or anybody else) tried those CDs you can get that are specifically fertility related? 

I'm going for a massage later this afternoon, and then tomorrow it's acupuncture with someone who specializes in working with women and fertility/IVF.  It's a good start to the week, that's for sure.

Looking forward to some great updates here!

#185 of 965 Old 09-18-2011, 06:52 PM

renavoo - thanks for all the positive vibes - love being here with you women!  I am trying to be optimistic but I am also scared to be excited. I think it is awesome you did the photos with DH, I hope you got some good pictures!! Sounds like you two are a lot of fun!!

auraleigh - I don't remember exactly how many eggs/what size but I 'think' they are a little better, I guess only time will tell. I understand what you mean about not knowing and being able to let your work know a little more in advance.  I hope that your little ones are growing strong!! 

graf214 - Good to see you one here!!  I am glad to hear that it sounds like things are going well!

blue - I think you got your meds?  Yeah to getting ready to get started again, I hope this is your cycle!!

Hello everyone else. 

AFM - I am on day 7 of stims and my pants started getting tight today.  They were fine this morning and about mid morning they were feeling uncomfortable.  I guess that is just a sign everything is working?  I sure hope so because I feel much better physically this cycle compared to last cycle.  Last cycle I was a lot more bloated and tender.  Maybe it didn't happen until later?  I guess time will tell.  I go back Tuesday for what I hope to be my final b/w and u/s and then we can get ER on the calendar!! 

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14 - It's a BOY!
#186 of 965 Old 09-19-2011, 06:15 AM

hi ladies :(

just called the embryologist, looks like we are doing a three day transfer today.  all of my husband's embryos arrested and there are only a couple left of the donor embryos.  we are going to transplant an 8, a 6, and a 5, but she let me know that none of them looked great.  she also made mention that i think there are a few more (probably small) that they are going to leave in the medium to see what happens, but they didn't want to wait for day five because they were scared i'd have nothing to transfer.  because even the donor embryos aren't doing well they now feel that there may also be an egg quality component as well, which my RE never mentioned before.  

i'm feeling really down right now.  at least we have an 8 cell to transfer, which we didn't last time.  i believe our largest last time was a 7.  but my hopes are really not high for this one.

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#187 of 965 Old 09-19-2011, 07:10 AM

Aura I'm so sorry the news are not better. I'm hoping your transfer goes well and that your little embies decide to make a home in your uterus for the next 9 months.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#188 of 965 Old 09-19-2011, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

Just quickly checking in. Aura, I'm so sorry. :o( But they always say you can't always correlate the grading of the embies with the possibility of success. I'm hopeful that that is what will happen to you and at least one of your embies will make it. Please don't lose hope. I know the news makes you downgrade your expectations a little but i hope that you can still be a little hopeful. I hope that you and your RE can have a conversation about next steps and what the heck happened though. It's all just so unfair that you have to stress out about this. I hope you have a good transfer and that you get some much needed rest. hug2.gif Also, I hope the other embies continue to grow so if these don't work out, those may allow you to get a FET in the future!

love.gif

#189 of 965 Old 09-19-2011, 07:37 AM

Aura grouphug.gif my heart sunk when I read your update! I agree with renavoo - you can't always expect the best grade to make it and the reverse where the lower grades might make it.  It only takes one.  The other thing is maybe your eggs just really don't like to be out of your body and will thrive once they are returned.  Take it easy and get some rest!

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14 - It's a BOY!
#190 of 965 Old 09-19-2011, 09:32 AM

Aura, hug2.gif I'm so sorry to hear that.  That is rough news!  But, I so feel like the others-- it only takes one, and I've definitely heard of the lower graded embryos doing better than everybody expected.  Like my RE told me, they can't say for sure how things are going to go, because there is still so much about the human body that they don't know/cant' predict with 100% uncertainty.  So, keep the hope, and take good care of yourself right now.  I'm hoping your little embies become stronger with each passing moment. 

#191 of 965 Old 09-19-2011, 10:13 AM

Oh Aura, I am so sorry to hear that the embies aren't doing as well as we all hoped.  hug.gif  The 8 and 6 sound like they are pretty average for day 3.  I hope 1 or both of them decide to implant.  I second what the others say, there are many stories on the internet of less than perfectly rated embies making it and becoming a baby!  My RE is constantly saying there is just no way to tell what will happen.  He sees good cycles fail, and less optimal cycles succeed.  I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!  Try to take it easy, relax, and breathe.  Also try to think very positive thoughts, it can be hard, but I really believe in mind over matter (I just wish I was better at it!)

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#192 of 965 Old 09-19-2011, 10:14 AM

Aura - Gosh Darn-it!!!!  duh.gif Sending you lots of hugs grouphug.gif and those little embies tons of positive healthy growing vibes!!!goodvibes.gif  I agree and my RE actually does a 2 day transfer b/c he fully believes that those embies do much better in your own uterus (their normal surroundings) than they do in the little petri dishes so lets just try and stay positive and wish for the best with what is left. Only takes one and I think that is great that you have an 8 cell to put back!!! I totally understand it isn't easy (esp. since my last transfer I can fully relate). Did your RE change anything from your last Fresh or put you on anything different? Probably not, if they were just thinking it was all sperm related.   Keep us posted and good luck with your ET.

Tenzi - hope you enjoy that massage.  Sounds like an awesome day!!

April - nope haven't gotten the meds yet.  I think i'm in denial that I have to order them again.  LOL... no i just am dragging my feet but do need to get them this week since i start supprression next week.  Hope things continue to go smooth for you!!  So hoping this is your month!!!

Renavoo - I'm doing pretty good with this upcoming next cycle.  They say the "3rd times the charm" so i'm hoping that will be true since this will be our 3rd fresh coming up.  Nope, normally we stay with DH "aunt" that lives like 10mins from my RE's office, so i'm hoping she will be willing to let the pup and I stay there for 2-3 wks here and there.  Maybe I can make dinners and that will be my contribution for my room.  She is widowed so i think she likes having us around, but you never know.  She is awesome and so easy to get along with so we are very lucky to have her up there so close and be so accomodating. I may come home some in between if there are longer periods between the U/S & blood work and DH will have to come up for sure for the ER/ET and maybe on weekends for fun if i don't come home - we will see.  I really need to call her and talk to her soon about the whole thing - maybe next week.  She is really not DH blood aunt, just his mom's best friend that they grew up calling "Aunt" which can get sticky at times b/c we normally don't tell her (my MIL)  just b/c we really don't want people other than a couple very close friends to know what is going on, but if i stay up there for that long with the dog we may have to fill her in.  We will see. It may be an adventure for sure.  I think Abby is up for the challenge though.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#193 of 965 Old 09-19-2011, 01:43 PM

thanks for all the kind words everybody.  after talking further with the embryologist she said not to be as concerned with the grade (although c is not great) and to focus on the fact that we have an 8 cell.  it's definitely better than before.    the transfer went better than the last one because i refused to drink as much water, so at least i wasn't in pain like last time from my bladder.  they did have to go back in twice because the first time the speculum was too wide (ow!) but overall it wasn't terrible.  so i came home, took my suppository, took my last cipro, last medrol, and first estrace.  i am going to give these embryos the best chance i can.

oddly enough, the four embryos from my husband's sperm are actually still in culture.  they were only at 4 cells (but didn't arrest yet) so they are going to let them stay in the culture a little longer.  thank goodness they weren't our only option.  i am praying that this one 8 cell donor embryo is our ticket to a baby.  my friends are calling it "octavia", which makes me giggle.  we are all rooting for her to grow!

what worries me is the egg quality issue.  i shouldn't have had an issue with the donor sperm, and yet out of 7 only three remained (and left me with my 8, 6, 5).  they are now questioning my egg quality.  i wonder if it could be because my meds were upped this time?  is it being overweight? diet? something genetic? what's with the fragmentation?  i have so many questions to ask my RE if we have to do this again.  *sigh*

blue-  the phrase "3rd time's a charm" exists for a reason! i am hoping that everything works out for you, especially with all the traveling you have to do.  anyone who puts so much effort into their cycle deserves a winning outcome.  in fact, we all do!

#194 of 965 Old 09-19-2011, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Blue, I don't know why but it just clicked for me...my DH's step mother and father also had a german shorthaired pointer named Abby! That's what Abby is, right? It's great to have someone around who can absorb some of the costs of the housing. Last time, DH and I spent $1500 on hotel costs alone. I'm trying to get it so that if I need another fresh cycle, I don't need to worry about dealing with such high costs from housing. I'm really concerned about everything still too because if DH gets a new job, who knows what kind of insurance we will be getting the next round. I know my insurance sucks when it comes from coverage of anything related to infertility!

Aura, ummm owww? I'm glad it was better than last time but still!! I wish that you didn't feel ANYTHING during the transfer.I love the name Octavia! (or octavius, if it becomes a boy) haha I think naming our embies is so funny and so much fun. I named them the last time too. I think those are all great questions to ask. Maybe you can get extra tests to determine health of the egg as well? I'm really worried about the health of my eggs too, as I'm older, so I'm trying to figure out what I can do if we're faced with this issue too, in the future.

Big hugs and I hope you're getting so well needed and deserved rest and coddling...

love.gif

#195 of 965 Old 09-19-2011, 04:32 PM

Aura, thinkinking of you today. I had only two four cell embies on a 3 day transfer with fragmentation and one took and has been doing well. Sometimes they grow better when put back in. I hope all goes well. When is your beta?
#196 of 965 Old 09-19-2011, 06:43 PM

graf, thanks for the hope! that really made me feel a lot better.  my beta is scheduled for 9/30.  

renavoo- do you give them silly names or real names?  my friend called her son ziggy the zygote.  and now he's 2! so maybe there's something to it.... heheheh

#197 of 965 Old 09-19-2011, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Aura, yeah I had 2 embies. One I called hatcheroo because it looked like it was starting to hatch. The other was phoenix, because it looked like it had a little to grow. so definitely NOT serious names. It just makes it especially fun when we talk to each other about it. DH and i always referred to them by their names. orngbiggrin.gif DH always made fun of me because I always forgot to talk about phoenix because I focused on hatcheroo, as I thought it had the best chance at success.

:o)

Graf, yah for the fantastic example! You give us all hope.

love.gif

#198 of 965 Old 09-20-2011, 06:29 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi All - just popping in to say hi. I kinda dissappeared from here - trying really hard to have a good attitude and not obsess over TTC. It is working. Aura - Hope those little embies are snuggling in! AFM - I had the IUI, the Sat before this last Sat. Beta is on Friday. I am feeling the usual AF crampy, and the soreness in my breasts are going away. We have one more IUI left before we do IVF again, and next month is not good because I am gone traveling for work for 2 weekends, and DH is gone for one weekend. I am also gone one weekend in Nov, so I hope that the timing of that doesn't cancel the IUI that month too, if this is a BFN. I am on DHEA, so I hope that improved my egg quality. Does anybody know if you have to take it for 3 months in order for it to work, like other drugs? Blue - thanks for asking about me. I would have replied sooner, but I haven't checked this thread in a few weeks. April - crossing my fingers that this is it for you - it does look a lot better!

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#199 of 965 Old 09-20-2011, 06:51 AM

auraleigh - sending you positive thoughts and hope these embies are growing and loving where they are!!

auraleigh  - love the names!!

rcr - good to see you on here!! Thanks for the support!! I am not sure about the DHEA, I have wondered the same thing since my RE put me on it this month.  I didn't start taking it until I was on BCP, so I hope that it doesn't take 3 months...

AFM - Went for b/w &u/s this morning. I am still waiting on the blood work and the RE to decide if ER is Thursday or Friday.  They saw 19 eggs this morning between the sizes of 18-22 (some a few smaller) so I actually felt a little hopeful this morning but still guarded! 

#200 of 965 Old 09-20-2011, 12:45 PM

ER is set for Thursday morning at 11 - feels like everything is in hyper speed now...

#201 of 965 Old 09-20-2011, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Yah April! That's exciting! Hopefully, this time you're going to have many embies to choose from!

love.gif

#202 of 965 Old 09-20-2011, 03:09 PM

april this is great!  isn't this what you wanted?  a weekday retrieval?  i am sending you positive healthy egg vibes. 

what else is new ladies?  i need some distraction from my 2ww! 

#203 of 965 Old 09-20-2011, 05:38 PM

Thanks ladies! Yes this was the day I wanted :) I wanted to go in later because we have to take DD to school and they were able to schedule me for 11 - later then I expected.  So, I don't trigger until 11:15 tonight! I am going to work from home Friday so then i will really have 4 days to recover...(yes, I am a whimp)  I know it won't take that long.  I think by the end of day 2 last time I was starting to feel 'normal'.  

Aura- oh honey, I wish I knew a way to make your 2ww go faster and to distract you!! How are you feeling?  I have you heard anything more about the other embies?

#204 of 965 Old 09-20-2011, 06:08 PM

April, great news on everything!!!  Good time, long recovery time, and hopefully lots of the 19 follies to choose from!!!  Yippee!

Aura, I remember all to well my last 2ww.  It was horrible!  I hope you are able to find something to distract you...I like starting a project or planning an event.  I really hope you get some fantastic news at the end of the month!

rcr, I hope the timing of your IUI and travels work out!  I have said it a million times but not being able to "plan" like a normal person during this process is the absolute worst part (except the BFNs!)

How is everyone else doing?

AFM, I am rather emotional...not sure if it's the lupron or what, but I have been even crazier (worrying about little stuff) than normal.  Luckily DH is being great.  Oh and I am breaking out like a teanager..hoping that's the BCP/Lupron too!   More pregnancy and birth announcements pouring in...I am happy for my "first try" lucky friends, but definitely jealous :) 

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#205 of 965 Old 09-20-2011, 06:16 PM

April - Yay for a date!!!  Fingers crossed and praying all goes smooth from here on out!!!  I'd take as much time as you need and don't feel bad about it!!!!

Renavoo - Yes, she is a GSP (german shorthaired pointer).  You don't see too many of them out there but she is a good dog with lots of energy.  She is really a good puppy though so we are very lucky.  DH even says he thinks she is more calm than our last one was at this age.

Aura - reading Graf's post has to give you some hope.  Fingers crossed that your TWW will fly by w/ positive results at the end.

rcr - good to see your name come up again.  Sorry to hear that you think AF is on her way. Fingers crossed it isn't true.  Keep us posted.

Belly - Hugs to you!!  Deep breath my friend!!hug2.gif

AFM - ordered my meds today to come on Thurs.  I'm a little nervous b/c I found an online site that has people like us that have extra meds and they are selling them less, so I bought my Gonal F multi dose from there.  I'll feel better when I get it in the mail from the girl.  She seem legit, so I'm hoping all will go okay.  I'm sure you have to be careful, but I figure with the Multi dose you don't have to worry about them not being refrigerated right or not.  I'd share it on here, but I'm not sure if some "head  MDC honcho" might delete my post.  So PM me if you are interested, but buy at your own risk is all I can say.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#206 of 965 Old 09-21-2011, 06:33 AM
rcr

Blue - I would just assume it is legit. I think there are plenty is easier ways in the world to scam somebody, that wouldn't involve prescription drugs. Yay for ordering drugs!

April - that sounds like a lucky date to me!

Aura - Hmm, how about taking a long walk or going to a bookstore to read magazines and drink coffee (or whatever). Long TWWs are the worst. I have had so many at this point, I am getting a lot better at not obsessing. In fact, I rarely ever think about it until a few days before my beta, when the AF symptoms start happening, like now.

Blue - So, here is the weird thing, I have the same symptoms that AF is arriving, and I have had them since I was a teenager. My left leg gets crampy and tight (strange symptom, I know, but it has happened since my first AF, and it used to be a lot worse, but it is not too bad now), I poop a lot more than normal for about 4 days before AF shows up, and I get really grumpy. However, the last time I was pregnant (m/c), I got the same symptoms, but AF never showed up. I thought it was really strange, but I guess I can't really trust my symptoms because I did get the same symptoms when I was pregnant. Anyway, I will know on Friday. I plan to POAS tomorrow and Friday morning, just so that a BFN is not a complete shock.

Belly - We are going to have to sit out next month. Hopefully November will be better, but I do have one weekend trip and a trip (the family) for Thanksgiving. I hope I don't have to wait until December. If I do, I think I will just skip this last IUI and do IVF. If I have to do IVF again, I want it to be in December when I am off work for the month.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#207 of 965 Old 09-21-2011, 07:23 AM
rcr

Hm, well I guess that answers my big question... AF is here. Beta is not until Friday. I left a message with the nurse asking if I could do it tomorrow. Strange that it came so early, and even with me on progestrone. Anyway, since it is so early, I may be able to squeeze in another iui before I go out of town. I also left on my message the dates that I will be gone, to see if I could jump into the iui cycle right away.

#208 of 965 Old 09-21-2011, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone!

So my nephew was born yesterday! It was very exciting. He had to come early because my SIL had something called oligohydramnios, which is a fancy way of saying that there was really low levels of amniotic fluid. I was rather annoyed with SIL yesterday, however, because we all get to the hospital and she's trying to convince the doctor that they should hold off until today because she "really likes the number 21". I can't believe it. The doctor agreed to it because she thought it was a cultural thing (ugh). I was mostly upset because I had pain in my back and RAN home to get my camera (my SIL asked me to bring my camera because she wanted me to take photos of the baby) and ended up hurting my back even more. Then to find out that she was trying to delay even though my mother, her mother, her brother, my DH and I were there was so annoying, especially when I was in pain! But right as we were about to go home, the doctor called us back into the room and told us that the baby's heart rate was reducing rapidly so the c section had to happen that day. The baby is beautiful and I'm really happy for my SIL and my brother.

April, yah for the ER! I hope it goes smoothly! I can't wait for the fertilization report.

Rcr, sorry that AF reared her ugly head. :( I'm glad that you might be able to get an IUI in though!!! I love how you're always looking ahead.

Blue, I'm sure that the drugs will be fine and I'm glad you found a way to save money! I agree with rcr...I can't imagine that it's not a legit deal. There are probably many women who just have left over drugs and want to sell it off to recoup some of these massive costs!

Aura, how are you doing? How are you feeling?

AFM, still waiting for the withdrawal bleed. I mean, seriously, before I started all this, I used to take my last BCP pill on Saturday and ALWAYS got my withdrawal bleed by Tuesday. Now, it's Wednesday and there is no sign that the bleeding is coming. I'm getting concerned because I want to take as much time as necessary to build up my uterine lining. I'm a little cranky today because my back still hurts, my jaw still hurts (in fact, it hurts more today than it has the last few days) and I'm not getting the stupid bleed, which is making me worried that I won't be ready for the transfer. I really am going to ask them if there is any way that if I have to do this again that I won't have to deal with BCPs. I really hate taking them and if they say no, I think that will just hurry me along to go to the neighborhood clinic, as opposed to traveling 5 hours away.

Sigh, sorry I'm cranky today. I hope all is going well for everyone else!

love.gif

#209 of 965 Old 09-21-2011, 09:35 AM

Aura, I hope the 2ww is going by fast enough for you, and you get positive results at the end of your wait.  I like rcr's idea of going and hanging out at the bookstore with a beverage-- I might do that for myself when the time comes.  How have you been feeling, and what have you been doing to pass the time and keep your mind off of things to some degree, at least?

rcr, I'm sorry about AF.  You sound really positive, though, about moving forward and making plans for the next couple of months.  I hope that if another IUI is something that you really want, that the timing works out for you. 

Blue, that's great that things are moving along now, and you have your drugs lined up.  Basically just a week to go before you start, yay!  Love your profile pics with your fur baby, so adorable!  Sounds like she is a really good dog, and that wherever you stay with her, she will do fine.  I love going places with doggies, we've done some camping but it's not that fun in a small tent with two big dogs fighting for room on the foamie-- the hotel stays have been really fun, especially when they are set up for welcoming pooches and they leave little treats and other goodies for them in the room.  I love her name, too!  I'm partial to 'A' names-- our Golden Retriever is named Asha (means 'hope') and our Border Collie/Lab cross is named Azul ('blue').  He is a rescue dog from Mexico, and that is the name he came with.  I keep thinking of 'A' names for a girl, and coming up with ones that sound too much like Asha, and DH is adamant that any future kids we have will not sound too close to the dogs' name!  Yep, I sometimes dream about what I would call my baby if IVF works for me--  don't want to get ahead of myself, that's for sure, but it's kind of fun to dream and I guess it shows that I have hope!

Belly, I hope you have been having days where the emotions aren't running as high, and things are on a more even keel.  Do you still think it is a result of the Lupron?  Were you on that drug before and if so, did it have similar effects?

April, things are sounding so good for you!!  I hope this is it for you!

Renavoo, congrats on being an auntie!  I'm glad that everything turned out well with the baby. Was your SIL acting out of character or did it surprise you that she had wanted to delay things?  I hope your back is doing better, though!  Ouch.  Any new developments on the breakthrough bleeding front?  It will be nice to get things going so you are one step closer to your FET and you, too, will hopefully get your bfp. 

AFM, tomorrow I start suppression.  I'm excited to get started!  Oh, and you know that feeling you get when you hear that somebody you know just announces her pregnancy on FB?  It's like, you are happy for them, but you are SO wishing it was you, too... and you think, well, I've got a chance now with IVF, but, what if I don't get my baby out of this?  So, I get these 'yucky' feelings of envy and such.  Maybe what makes a difference is the relationship with the person... this person is someone who is in my masters program (she had her baby 4 weeks before I did last year--I had been struggling with IF, and got my DS through Clomid and IUI, while she got pregnant on her first try) and yet, while I am currently on my second year of parental LOA, she has been continuing to do it part-time--she seems so capable, while for me, my gosh, I feel like this whole year has been an adjustment period and I couldn't imagine doing any courses, because I would be stressed right out t the max and I wouldn't be enjoying my life at all with so much on my plate... and when I ran into her this past summer, she just told me, 'Yeah, DH and I are going to start trying in the fall'.  I was thinking, yeah, well if my DH and I get pregnant naturally it would be a miracle.  And, she is also the person who, when we got together once with our babes last year, told me and several other classmates that the reason her DD is so mellow is because of her and her DH's awesome personalities-- this was right when I was struggling with a 4 month old colicky/high needs little boy who was crying non-stop because he had to go in his car seat.  Yeah, my little guy is very spirited, but there are so many wonderful things about his temperament, too... What was she thinking, that the reason our kid was fussing so much is because of my DH and I somehow?  UGH.  Boo on her!

#210 of 965 Old 09-21-2011, 10:17 AM
rcr

Thanks. I was expecting AF, that makes it easier. Too many BFNs also makes it easier. I left 4 messages with the RE today, because I kept talking for a long time and getting cut off. I have my beta on Friday, so at first I wanted to switch it to tomorrow, but then I realized that I may be able to do another IUI, and Friday would be CD 3, so maybe I could do my beta and baseline at the same time and save a trip (it is an hour drive). So I called them back to tell them that, and to ask about progesterone - should I still take it, because my BFN is not official yet? Anyway, I think I should do another IUI, because my trip would be CD 16, and I never go that long. As for wanting another IUI in the first place...I guess I don't feel overly optimistic, but since another failed IVF means that we will be moving on to donor eggs, I kinda feel like I should give the IUIs every last try, and this will be my last one.

Rena - congrats on being an Aunt. People do some weird things when they are pregnant. My SIL scheduled an inducement, which ended up being a c-section, because her mom was in the country (they live in Europe), and she wanted her to be there, and if she waited her mom would have been gone.

Tenzis - speaking about FB, one of the moms I was pregnant with when I had DS, who got pregnant again and that baby is now 1, just had somebody post on her wall "hope the doctor appointment went well" and I immediately thought that she was pregnant again. I may block her, but I run into her all the time anyway, so I am sure I will find out soon enough. All she ever talks about is her kids, which I find really annoying.

April - I also can't wait for the report!

So, funny story  - when I let our chickens out of the coop today there were only 7 who came out, and we have 8 chickens. I opened the door and saw one chicken sitting there laying an egg. I immediately felt really awkward, like I had just walked in on somebody in a public bathroom or something. I had the feeling that she felt so too, because she kinda peered at me. I closed the door to give her her privacy, and then after she left I opened it again to take the egg.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page