Fall IVF Thread: Let's hear it for the BFPs! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 965 Old 09-23-2011, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Tenzi - wow, 84.2 degrees F is what it converts to.  It is under 60 degrees here and raining.  Hope you can get your sniffing skills down soon so by the time you are done it will be fully mastered!  LOL

April - Crap!!!  What is up with all of us and our stupid egg quality being such an issue lately!!!  You were on DHEA too weren't you?  How many mg were you taking a day?  I'm going to keep praying for your little embies that the ones left will grow strong and healthy for you!!! You so deserve it!!  Keep us posted.  hug2.gif

Belly - yay for the last BCP today!!!  Hope the shots go well.  Thanks for all that pay pal info. You are so informative.  I've don't have a p.p. account b/c i just have DH mostly buy stuff on his pay pal account if need be, so it is a little foreign to me.  See update below.

AFM - I feel like crap!!  Hardly slept last night and then today I finally broke down and went to the allergist (last day of our old health insurance before DH starts new job on Monday) and i have a sinus infection and my R ear is all messed up too.  He said there is like fluid pushing on my ear drum and that is why I can't really hear out of it, it hurts and everything echos when i talk or swallow which is really annoying!  So he told me to take Zyrtec D and gave me a small dose of prednisone to help w/ all the swelling in my head.  I've used it before and it works miracles so i'm glad i can get it started before i start meds next Thurs.   Also, on a good note i got a email back from the girl that is sending me the Gonal F.  All is well and it should be here on Monday.  That makes me feel so much better... i was going to start balling if someone would have scammed us out of all that money at this crazy time in our life.  Okay, that is it.  Hope you all have a good weekend.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 965 Old 09-23-2011, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Renavoo, I missed your post from yesterday... YAY to it being 3 weeks and then your FET!  Do you have 3 embies-- I can't remember! 

Blue, yep, I'll be getting my sniffing skills polished up-- I've got to continue with Suprefact even while I'm doing the injections.  That's what I think I've read, anyway.  I keep forgetting stuff, I'm sure that nerves have something to do with it-- I don't feel nervous right now, but maybe deep down I am?  Whatever!  At least I'm not feeling like Mayor of Crazytown like I did when I was taking Clomid.  YAY for that gal getting in touch with you, and for being able to rest easy knowing that the drugs will be coming your way soon!  You don't need extra stress!  And, yeah, the whole thing with egg quality perhaps being an issue with some of us is really tough... I know I'm totally concerned about it in my case, because of being almost 42.  I just have to continue being cautiously optimistic... jeez, why can't we just get our babies the natural old-fashioned way.  grrrrrrr...

Belly, I was going to say... IM injections don't sound like much fun, nor does PIO for whoever does that.  I feel very relieved that I don't have to do either of those things.  I don't know why, but I have a hard time with the idea, even though I can handle bloodwork and IVs... maybe because it's me having to do it.  I told the clinic pharmacist that my DH could just give me the shots, because he is a paramedic, but the she said I should learn how to do them myself, in case he is caught up in traffic (they want me to inject the med between 1 and 5 pm).  We'll see.

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#243 of 965 Old 09-23-2011, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

April - CRAP! I'm so sorry there may be something wrong with your eggs.  I hope those 3 pull through and you have have a successful transfer.  I'll be stalking the board for news.

Blue - I'm so glad to hear that girl sent the meds. I'll feel better when you post you got them, though. I'm sure you will too.  Do you have a tracking number or anything?  I'm so excited for you to get started again!

AFM - Not terribly noteworthy, but I finally made it back up to my pre-pregnancy weight today!  It feels odd to be so happy about gaining...

I'm on a cleaning kick lately.  I cleaned out my bedroom closet the first half of the week and I did my front hall closet today.  I always get the urge to clean when fall rolls around.  As a lifetime allergy sufferer, I imagine it's cause I don't want to be stuffed up all winter with junk and dust.  

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#244 of 965 Old 09-23-2011, 02:32 PM

Ugh I had a whole reply typed and my computer ate so it I'll try again...

April I'm crossing my fingers for your little embies grow little one grow.

Blue I'm glad you got things sorted out with the girl, that would have made me nervous as well. Hopefully your sinuses will clear right away. Is Abby full grown now? the vase looks so small now.

Kewpie I can't believe you are just in your pre-preg weight, I gained 20 pounds already but I had the morning sickness where I had to eat all the time to keep the nausea manageable.

AFM  I can feel the babies all the time now which is amazing. We are  traveling to Canada next week to visit DH's family. DH has not seen them in a while because we kept spending all the money on doctors. I promised him when I got pregnant we would go up and visit I can't believe the day has come, sometimes I wonder how did we get so lucky to have these two beautiful babies growing inside of me when it seemed like such an impossible task. These babies are truly our miracle babies.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#245 of 965 Old 09-23-2011, 02:42 PM
rcr

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I don't have much time, but just wanted to send a hug to itsme and April. April, I hope you little ones hang in there!! itsme, I am so sorry! grouphug.gif

AFM- start shots today. Beta was negative, of course. I guess I looked sad in the REs office, because the nurse said "are you ok" and I started crying. I am ok, just kinda depressed that it hasn't happened yet, after so many injectible IUI cycles, and IVF, and all the other crap I have done to TTC, you would think it would happen. Anyway, I am just continuing to look ahead and channel positive energy to getting a baby. No sense in dwelling in the past, right.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#246 of 965 Old 09-23-2011, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Ladies,

April, hug2.gif I'm so sorry for your less than stellar report. I really hope that the embies continue to grow and that you can implant a couple and get your BFP. As everyone says, it takes only one. I'm so sorry though. I know it has got to be exhausting to go through all this only to get such sad news.

RCR hug2.gif i'm depressed for you and I think it's ok to wallow for a day. It's hard. I was crying when I got the negative beta too and I'll do it again if that happens after my FET. We need to get rid of the sadness to move on. I hope that you feel better soon and I have to say, I'm so impressed at your attitude. I want so badly for us all to get pregnant. It makes me sad that we've had such sad news these last few days. sniff. I can't believe your on shots already! What are you taking for this cycle?

Tenzin, yah to a beautiful day. There's something about a gorgeous start to the day that gives us all hope. And good for you for getting the drug administration right! Hopefully, you can consistently take the meds now without having the negative effects! Oh and AFC basically is a predictor of your ovarian reserve. The higher the number, the better your potential response to stimulation is. I think that I read something about it predicting when your body is most likely to stop being fertile too. I'll see if I can find the link. And yes, I have 3 embies. hopefully, they thaw out well!

Blue, I'm so happy that you got a response. I'm so with you about getting worried about being scammed. I've been scammed a number of times. That's why I always use my credit cards when I buy something off of paypal. It's like double the protection! I hope that the zyrtec (favorite allergy drug-EVER) and prednisone works and that you feel better soon.

Belly, YAH! for almost starting! You're only a week behind me so I'm going to count us as buddies orngbiggrin.gif I can't wait to hear about your experience with the shots! Hopefully, it helps build up your lining really well for the embies to snuggle into!

AFM, Taking estrogen and waiting. Belly, nurse told me that she still wants me to take the estrogen as a suppository even during my withdrawal bleed because she said they really dissolve really quickly. I don't know if I believe her but whatever. My bleeding has been really light so I think it will be ok.

Just found out today that I probably have to go to Zurich, Switzerland on Monday. Really upset about it because that's like no notice...I usually need a few weeks to prepare myself mentally for travel...I really hate flying and I really hate leaving my home. haha I'm slightly agoraphobic. And before anyone says how cool it is, I'm staying at the airport hotel and probably not leaving until I finally am able to come home on Friday :o) Work travel really sucks.oh well, onwards!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#247 of 965 Old 09-23-2011, 04:09 PM

renavoo- that BLOWS.  the only plus i can think of is that it will make the time fly by and you'll have less time to obsess about the FET.  btw, i am so jealous you have frozen embryos.  you'd think that between the 40 eggs that have taken out in the past two fresh cycles, i'd have at least ONE frozen to fall back on.  our clinic will only freeze if they are excellent quality, and besides, i never had any make it to blast stage.  (although perhaps little octavia has grown and implanted? maybe?)

rcr, sorry about the beta.  i am sure the nurses see women cry all the time.  i believe i cried twice during my 2ww last cycle.  

keria and kewpie, so glad things are going well! it's nice to see a little sunshine these days, i feel like we are in need of more bfps! 

come on ladies, last month (my last cycle) there were handfuls of bfps springing up everywhere!  who's it going to be this time?  i wouldn't mind getting it myself, and sharing it with all the rest of you who are just starting your cycles. 

afm, tons of cramps and whatnot, but the freaking progesterone is most likely the cause.  bbs are sore, also progesterone.  usually i'm so tired that i pass out by 10pm and am so frustrated that i wake up 30 times a night to pee because it feels like i'm in a coma.  but last night i fell asleep like usual and then woke up many times and just laid in the dark trying to figure out why i was wide awake! then i started wondering if the change in sleep was maybe a sign that something new was happening in my body and that maybe all the implantation activity was keeping me up.  loved that idea.  but then i panicked that pregnancy usually makes people more tired and that maybe being wide awake was a sign that the embryos arrested and now i wasn't pregnant!  can you see how i drive myself crazy?  this last week is going to be the longest week of my life.  we are going to watch season 3 of breaking bad this weekend and lay low because i feel like i may be catching a cold or something.  we have guests sunday, and then the jewish holidays next week which will be nice because i'll be with my family for a few days.  make it go by faster, please!

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#248 of 965 Old 09-23-2011, 05:12 PM

April, I am so sorry to hear that only 3 of your embies made it through the night.  hug2.gif I will be praying for those 3 miracles to keep growing strong so they are ready for transfer!

Renavoo, bummer about having to travel...on the plus side at least you aren't doing shots that you would have to do yourself. 

Blue, glad you got the med thing figured out!!

Aura, I hope all those symptoms are good news.  When I had my fresh transfer the embryologist said if I only wanted to transfer 1, she would choose the one that was just slightly behind the other.  Of course I don't know which is my DD, but it always makes me root for the underdog, so I guess I'll root for 7 and 5 :)  And I'll start thinking of better names for them too!  (suggestions welcome).  You are NO WHERE near my level of craziness last go around!  In fact, I think you are being very calm!

rcr, sorry about the BFN beta.  It still really sucks even when it is expected.  I totally broke down and cried the last 2 cycles at the clinic when I went in for my beta.

Keira and Kewpie, glad to hear everything is going well with you two!  I love it when you stop by!!!

Tenzi, hope you enjoyed the beautiful day!

AFM, nothing else really going on since this morning.  It's weird because somedays I feel like my FET is right around the corner and other's (like today) it's an eternity away. 

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#249 of 965 Old 09-23-2011, 07:51 PM

I had such bad morning sickness first trimester that I couldn't keep anything down.  I lost 11 pounds.  I'm also diabetic, so I have to be extremely careful about what I eat and when, so that makes it harder to gain too.  My belly is huge and the babies are measuring where they should be, so I'm not too worried.  I imagine the weight will start coming on faster now.  I'll be posting a new baby bump picture at some point soon.  I look much larger than my old one now. 

/end threadjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keria View Post

Kewpie I can't believe you are just in your pre-preg weight, I gained 20 pounds already but I had the morning sickness where I had to eat all the time to keep the nausea manageable.

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#250 of 965 Old 09-23-2011, 07:54 PM

rcr - I'm so sorry this cycle didn't work for you.  I wish so badly that there was some way to make us all get our babies and move forward together.  It's heartbreaking.  I will be sending out positive energy to you!

IVF #1 11 weeks

#251 of 965 Old 09-23-2011, 08:00 PM

renavoo - I'm a homebody and not huge on travel either.  It's extremely stressful for me.  I hope something happens and you don't have to go, but if you do, I hope it's uneventful.  I'd hate to have that sprung on me too.

aura - we DO need some sunshine in this thread.  I just hate that it's only us graduates... I feel like we're old news and hope so badly we can get some new graduates!  I hope the rest of your TWW goes swiftly!  Being with family should help...as long as you like them. ;)

IVF #1 11 weeks

#252 of 965 Old 09-23-2011, 08:14 PM

Belly - I totally understand and I hope that the time starts to fly by for you. That darn waiting game continues.

aura- When i was pregnant I got what they call pregnancy insomnia which was really annoying.  Not trying to get your hopes up and I'm not sure how early it can start, but i know it was annoying b/c then you are just awake and your mind wonders to some bad places of worry unfortunately.  I really hope it is a BFP for you and you can get all of us started.

renavoo - Oh that kinda sucks about you having to travel but that true like some others said maybe it will help pass the time more.  Yes, i agree that zyrtec is the best.  I've had sinus issues in the past actually had sinus surgery several yrs ago and then started taking reg. zyrtec which really helped but i think with the change in the weather help my cause with the pressure in my head/ear.

rcr - hug.gif I'm so sorry.  Even though you kinda expected it was coming it is still not easy to hear.  Don't worry about crying.  I burst into tears when they told me that only 1 of my 9 embyros made it on the ET day.  I had just had it at that point and couldn't hold it back at that point.

Keria - hope you have  a nice time in Canada with the family.  Nope, she is not full grown at all and all of her pictures she looks so much bigger than she really is.  I haven't gotten a weight on her lately but I bet she weighs about 33 or so pounds and she is supposed to get to 45-50lbs and then she will be full grown.  That pot is probably 12 inches tall itself.

Kewpie - good to hear you are getting back to your normal weight.... that means those babes are getting bigger.  Yay!!!  See my update below.

AFM - I got a tracking number and the package is now here in OH and should be on my door step on Monday.  Yay!!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#253 of 965 Old 09-24-2011, 08:06 AM

UGH I am on pins and needles waiting for the report of how many made it today.... staring at the phone willing it to ring

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14 - It's a BOY!
#254 of 965 Old 09-24-2011, 08:46 AM

Keria - yeah to feeling the babies all the time, I am sure that makes you feel more comfortable that everything is growing and ok. 

rcr- hug2.gif I think it is understandable to be sad, we are on such roller coaster of emotions.  While I agree there is no sense on dwelling on the past, there are some days that is hard to do.  I hope you get your BFP soon and the past will be a distant memory!

renavoo - I get not wanting to travel, and ugh what's up with not much notification?  I hope something changes and you don't have to go!!

auraleigh - I hope that all your symptoms are because you are going to get your BFP and not due to all the meds!!

Belly - I understand about thinking it is right around the corner and then feels so far away... I hope time goes fast for you and it will be here before you know it. 

Kewpie - I am glad you are back to your starting weight and those little ones are starting to really grow!!  I love hearing all the changes, gives us all hope!!

Blue - joy.gif on a tracking number, I am sure you will feel much better when it is at your house!!

AFM - we got the call - I feel sick to my stomach before that call in the morning. I don't realize how much I am waiting for it until it is almost here.  So of the 3, 2 of them are now 4 cells.  She said one looks perfect and the other has some fragmentation (not sure what that means).   She thinks it will continue to grow normal but will keep an eye on it.  The 3rd is at 2 cells, it is still growing but slow.  UGH, I just want Tuesday to be here so they can be back inside me and growing where the want to be.  Then I am sure I will be wishing it was beta time... oh the cycle!

I just wanted to say thank you for a ll the support you all offered yesterday.  It is so wonderful to have all of you through this that understand what it is like.  I don't know what I would do with out this group!!  <3

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14 - It's a BOY!
#255 of 965 Old 09-24-2011, 09:30 AM

April - good to hear your news and I'll continue to pray for those two little ones to grow strong and healthy!! The nurse didn't say anything about doing a 3 day transfer by chance???  Did you see my question a couple messages back about how many days of stims and a couple others??  Keep us posted. hug.gif

AFM- I forgot i was going to ask you guys about flu shots???  Do many of you get them and do they concern you with getting one while you are pregnant, do you plan on getting one or not?  Here is my story.....So when i was at the allergist the other day he always always tries to push a flu shot on me.  I haven't gotten a flu shot for maybe 4 yrs now and b/c i am at high risk b/c i have asthma and i work in nursing homes he feels it is important.  I am scared of those shots especially since we have been TTC for over 5 yrs now.  My only fear is that "when" we do get pregnant and if i get the flu i will be kicking myself. Flu and pregnancy don't mix well i realize that, but it still scares me. I was talking to DH about it and he said "you will be worried no matter what, if you get pregnant".  So this stems my question.

#256 of 965 Old 09-24-2011, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

April, YAH!! I'm so happy that they are still strong and growing! my thoughts are constantly with you!!!

Blue, the flu vaccine is safe and I plan on getting it myself.

ok, have to go see my nephew. will be back for more in a few hours.

love.gif

#257 of 965 Old 09-24-2011, 11:08 AM

April, that is really good news!  So, continue to be cautiously optimistic, because really, all things are pointing in the right direction!  I was doing some reading on embryo quality and the site I was at said that it is okay to have some fragmentation, as long as it is below a certain percentage-- and when it is, these little embies totally have the potential to grow normally into take-home babies.  So, it sounds like your embryologist has faith in that little one, YAY!  And, one looks 'perfect'... of course, that's a big YAY!  And then, we can't forget about #3... a little slower, but still plugging along.  Come on, little embies, grow healthy and strong some more until it's time to be put into your new home!  I hope your stomach is settling down and stays that way, now that some of the stress is over and done with.  Now, just gotta keep getting through each step! 

Blue, ahh, the flu shot... that's a tough one.  When I was trying two years ago, that was when the H1N1 scare was happening, and I elected not to get any shots.  We were in the midst of Clomid and IUI, and I was just worried... but then, I was worried about what would happen if I did conceive and then came down with something.  I don't have any pre-existing health conditions, and I was only going twice a week on public transit to get to my university classes-- so I made sure that I washed my hands really well and stuff, and then didn't go where a lot of people were congregating.  I don't normally get the flu shot each year, but that year was especially hard to make a decision.  I did some searches on the internet, but I didn't really find anything that I thought was unbiased or reputable, to be honest.  If I were to do it all over again, I would make an appointment with my family doc who I trust so much, and see what he thinks... he is very sound, and does a very good risk/benefit analysis with any patient care.  And now that I'm doing IVF, I would talk to my RE.  I like her a lot, too, even though I don't know her as well.  Ugh.  Decison-making can be so hard. I'm interested in knowing what others here think, because it is a really good thing to bring up-- I'll have to decide what to do, too.

Renavoo, are you busy getting ready for your trip?  Sorry to hear that they didn't give you a lot of notice.  Why is that?  It's like a hurdle to get through, and then before you know it, almost a week will have gone by and then you are THAT much closer to your FET.

Kewpie and Keria, and other graduates... I love hearing the updates.  When I am laying in bed and I can't fall asleep right away, sometimes my mind goes to you and your little ones, and I imagine how beautiful it would be to experience that myself very soon.  I think it is inspiring not just to me, but to all of us, because it inspires us.  I definitely think the support on here is wonderful, it helps us to keep going on this journey and gives us courage, strength and peace.  We have much within ourselves, but sometimes we just need a little from our friends, right?

Have a good day everyone!

#258 of 965 Old 09-24-2011, 11:56 AM

april - fantastic news about your embies! Fragmentation is just the little bits of debris that forms around the cell as it divides.  No fragmentation is best, but some is fine.  With my twins, one had 0 fragmentation and the other was 25% fragmentation. I have a friend who is currently pregnant with an embie that had nearly 50%.  I can't wait to hear how they're doing by your transfer date!  

Blue - whew! That's a relief about the meds!  My endocrinologist (regular one, not RE) wants me to get a flu shot, but I'm hesitant.  I'm not really sure why... I probably won't get one.  I'm home most of the time by myself so it's probably not too necessary in my case.  With my failed cycle last fall, I was working outside the house and I got the flu... seemed to happen a lot where I worked.  I have another appt with my perinatologist this week and I'll ask her about it. I dunno... I'm on the fence about it.

Tenzins - Aw, how sweet!  My mind often goes to all of you women here.  I think of you while I'm doing dishes, cooking dinner,all the time actually.  I am so glad I've met you all on this journey.  It's made my cycles so much easier to deal with.  I can't imagine doing this alone again like I had before I found this forum.  

IVF #1 11 weeks

#259 of 965 Old 09-24-2011, 01:02 PM

hi ladies, due to my asthma i've gotten a flu shot for about five years now.  never had a complication or side effect.  i'm absolutely getting one this year, under dr's orders.  don't know i that comforts anyone, but i figured i'd put that out there. 

#260 of 965 Old 09-24-2011, 02:02 PM

Blue/Graduates, I never got the flu shot before I was pregnant.  My OB really pushed for the flu shot, and I actually left without getting it one day...kind of snuck out the door.  At my next appointment I talked with him more, and they only had a limited number of the shots for pregant people...3 left for the season that day! (it is made different, I think it's individual shots - not from a vial).  That's the only one I would feel comfortable getting again (while pregnant) because it doesn't contain some of the socalled "harmful" ingredients.  I am actually glad you reminded me, because I need to re-read the flu shot information.  I can't remember how long it takes to work it's way through the body (I want to say 30 days) and I'd like to have it done before transfer with enough time.  I will also check with my RE since it is a different clinic and see what he thinks. 

April, I am thinking about you lots and glad to hear the embies did so well last night.  It sounds like you might be able to transfer 2 back!  Would you consider transferring 3 if the one catches up?

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#261 of 965 Old 09-24-2011, 03:47 PM

haha, just re-reading my post and saw the error from my editing job... "I think it is inspiring not just to me, but to all of us, because it inspires us """,s

Must be the effect of the meds (i.e. tiredness)-- I'll take that as a good thing! 

Belly, please let us know what your new doc says about the flu shot...

#262 of 965 Old 09-24-2011, 05:06 PM

hi ladies! hope everyone is doing well.  april, your two embryos sound amazing.  all three of my embryos were fragmented, i've never had one that wasn't... which is what lead them to believe that we have an egg quality issue.  so one perfect embryo is really great!  and according to graf, she had two four cell embryos with fragmentation transferred and she's now pregnant, so things look good!  

i went for my progesterone and estrogen blood test today and they didn't call so things look good.  i confessed to the nurse that i had poas last time and she laughed at me and said it's not even worth doing until at least a day or possibly two before the beta.  i know there are so many ladies on these forums that tested earlier and got bfps, but i think that convinced me that i'm going to try not to poas, or at least not until thursday or so.  my attitude is so much better than last time, and the nurses all came out and gave me hugs and wished me luck on this cycle.  i love my clinic so much, i feel like they really care and take good care of me.  i just hope they can get me pregnant! i hope this time is it. 

i've been drinking a lot of water these days and i know thirst is a symptom.  but then i keep thinking, am i just drinking water because i KNOW thirst is a symptom?  my lips seem dry but my stomach is so full of water. you know you've lost your mind when you look in google to see "how do you know you're thirsty?".  ladies i am going crazy!  other than occasional cramping and tenderness in my nipples, i feel fine. a slight sore throat.  haven't slept well the past two nights, but i took a good long nap today.  i'm on my third liter of water of the day and it's only seven.  i may float away ladies.   

#263 of 965 Old 09-24-2011, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies! just checking in to see how everyone is doing!

Kewpie, I'm so glad you've gained weight!

Aura, how are you doing? How do you feel? It really is very annoying that the symptoms for pregnancy are mimicked by our progesterone supplementation. Do you feel MORE of the symptoms? I have a friend who is now pregnant through IVF who said that she suffered from the same symptoms just more severely. haha i'm sorry, I know we shouldn't symptom watch but I want so badly for you to be pregnant! i laughed when i read your comment about the water and how you're about to float away. I just woke up from my nap too! Aren't naps wonderful? I wish that adults were allowed to take them during the middle of a work day too. haha

As for the flu shot, personally, I will get the flu shot because others around me will probably get sick. if I didn't have to be in an office with closed ventilation, etc, maybe I would consider not getting the shot.The CDC suggests that pregnant women do get the shots and my yearly physical always happens around the winter time, which just makes it easy. It has to be the injection with the completely inactivated virus. The nasal spray vaccine actually contains a live but weakened virus which would not be a good idea for pregnant women (personally, I can't see how it would be a good thing for anybody...I guess it's just for those who are really needle phobic but it's such a fast process!) Vaccines are always a difficult consideration, especially with the debate that is raging these days but I'm actually a huge proponent of vaccines, especially since my background is based in science and medicine. However, it's always an individual decision!

Belly, how are you doing? I totally understand what you mean about an eternity away...I've started already and I still think, uhhhh there's like 3 weeks left! It's so annoying! haha but we will get there and soon, we'll hopefully be celebrating our BFPs!!

Blue, yah to getting your drugs!! how are you feeling? Are you excited about the cycle! I can't wait to follow your progress!

Tenzin, how are you doing and feeling? How is the nasal spray treating you today? Have you had an issues with the application today now that you've gotten used to it? Also, any side effects of the meds? I hope that you're relatively side effect free!

Seriously, ladies, we need some BFPs (hopefully, all of us) because we need to have an online party! So let's get those BFPs cracking!

AFM, Packed a little today and I really need to get to reviewing my work papers because we have a client coming into the office on Monday. I hate that I won't even get to see my DH before I leave because I have a really busy day and then I have to get on a plane. I'm treating it as if I'm definitely going because i just can't see how I'm going to get out of it. It's so funny because I was fine with having to go to switzerland for my other trip, which technically, would have happened today, but since it was canceled I guess my hopes were that I wouldn't have to travel. I'm slowly coming around to my acceptance stage of this. haha. Anyway, otherwise, I love my little nephew and i haven't even really seen him awake yet. He makes the most adorable little faces when he's sleeping. The family is a little worried about him because he may need surgery in the future to fix a facial issue- they think that my SIL's womb was a little small for him and so his knee was mashed into his chin, causing his chin to be a bit deformed. (does the worry EVER end?!)  I hope he will grow out of it normally but if not, he'll have the surgery to get it fixed. i'm most worried about what that will mean for his jaw and his ability to bite, chew, speak, etc. However, whatever happens, I already adore the little guy and even if we can't get it fixed, i will beat some butts if anyone makes fun of my nephew. love.gif haha i can't believe i already adore him so much and he's not even mine. i hate to see what i'm going to be like with my own baby!

Big hugs everyone! i love hearing from you ladies. You all make me feel like i'm not alone in my journey and you guys are truly such fantastic women that I feel blessed to have found you all!

love.gif

#264 of 965 Old 09-24-2011, 07:04 PM

Aura, I'm LMAO at your comments about googling that about thirst, and 'floating away'... And, I can totally see myself doing what you are doing!

Renavoo, I think the best work trips would be the ones where you would go, do what you have to do, have some extra days there, and have your DH there.  So, what actual day are you hoping to do the FET?  In answer to your questions, I'm feeling quite good. I haven't had any more headaches, and in the beginning I was having a tad bit of nausea (very mild, and not long-lasting).  I am feeling more tired than usual though.  My moods have been stable (so far!) which my DH is likely most grateful for, ha ha.  I just feel so excited to be getting close to the big finale with this process.  Of course, I'm probably going to be riding the roller coaster when it gets 'busy' and there is so many hurdles to get through, each one with it's waiting, waiting, waiting, and then making decisions as we go.  I think I've developed a bit of performance anxiety when it comes to using the spray-- it seems that I consistently have a little trouble with getting a proper spray going up into my one nostril.  It's probably because my septum is all messed up because I was at the wrong end of a kicking horse-- the hoove knicked me, getting my nose but nothing else on my face.  I think I have an inkling of what it might be like for men to go in for SA!  3 days down now, too many more to go...

#265 of 965 Old 09-25-2011, 09:08 AM

ladies i'm a little worried.  i woke up this morning and cleaned the house, went about my routine, and then went to take a shower.  at that point it occurred to me that i have absolutely NO tenderness in my breasts anymore.  as of last night i did, my nipples have been sore for over a week, and the whole area was tender.  today? nothing.

is it over? should i freak out? i am trying to stay calm but any loss of symptom seems to seem bad to me.  *sigh*.  we have guests due in an hour so i am hoping that will distract me.  but i'm sad and worried today.

#266 of 965 Old 09-25-2011, 09:42 AM

Aura, I of couse have no experience whatsover with post-IVF happenings, but I do know that when I was pregnant with my DS, I would have various symptoms and then suddenly some of them would would be gone... this occured throughout the pregnancy, but mostly, I noticed it happening in the first trimester.  I remember that I had breast tenderness, and then one day I woke up and I had absolutely nothing... I immediately phoned a friend, my acupuncturist who was treating me in the early weeks and who I trusted completely for support and information, and even our local Health Link (telephone medical support/referral system).  My friend and the acupuncturist gave me the most helpful and reassuring advice, since it was from their own personal experience, and I felt better.  But it was scary, I was so convinced I was having a m/c.  Later on, when I found a couple of really good pregnancy sites online, I discovered just how common this is.  I was going to ask, are you on progesterone supplements?  Maybe it has something to do with that, too.  Hang in there, I can only imagine how hard this time must be.  Keep the hope, try not to look too much into it (yeah, right, easy for me to say...) and maybe see what the others say?  They would have much more insight into what could be happening post-IVF.

#267 of 965 Old 09-25-2011, 09:50 AM

renavoo - I am glad you are moving to the acceptance phase.  I hope that the trip goes well and you are back home before you know it!!

auraleigh - maybe your body is just adjusting to the levels and you will start to feel some symptoms soon?  I will pray that is what it is and it is not a bad sign.  

AFM - so the call came later then usual today - which was killing me!!  Our embryo # 3 is still progressing but sill behind - it is at 4 cells and the embroylogist (sp) said that she is worried about that one, she doesn't think it will make it #2 (the one with fragmentation) is at 8 cells and the fragmentation was at 20% yesterday is at 10% today (yeah!!) and #1 still looks perfect at 8 cells.  Not sure I will relax until Tuesday when they to the transfer.  Blue - no the clinic does not do 3 day transfers (not sure why).  

#268 of 965 Old 09-25-2011, 09:52 AM

Yes, I was on DHEA - but from the reading I have done, you need to be on it 3+ months to help your eggs?  Not sure about that though.  I was taking 75mg a day (one with each meal). I think you asked about how many days I stimed too?  I did 9 days with trigger on day 10.  I was on 2 vials of menapour and 375 of gonal-f and then 10 units of lupron in the morning and then 12 hours later in the evening.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyezz4 View Post

April - Crap!!!  What is up with all of us and our stupid egg quality being such an issue lately!!!  You were on DHEA too weren't you?  How many mg were you taking a day?  I'm going to keep praying for your little embies that the ones left will grow strong and healthy for you!!! You so deserve it!!  Keep us posted.  hug2.gif

#269 of 965 Old 09-25-2011, 01:18 PM

April, other than the prognosis with #3, the rest seems to be fantastic news!  joy.gif

Did you and your RE have a number to transfer in mind, before the ER?  I'm thinking that maybe two is all you were planning on anyway, and that things are working out perfectly for that particular plan of action!  That must have been really hard to wait, and wait, and wait for the call.

I'm posting a link to an article that I found on one of the other threads.  I haven't read through it, because I am so tired, but I did skim it and saw the info about DHEA... Maybe I should have been on this months ago?  I don't know, maybe something is precluding me?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3042920/?tool=pubmed 

#270 of 965 Old 09-25-2011, 02:46 PM

Tenzi - thanks for posting that link.  Hoping to get to it in a little bit here.

April - So how does that compare to your last fresh cycle and how many days you stimmed that time compared to this cycle.  I just ask b/c our cycles last time were kinda a like with negative results and I'm just interested.  Glad to hear that those two embies are going strong.  Maybe the 3rd will have a big come back but at least you have the two.  praying.gif things continue to go smooth. When is your ET?  Thinking of you.

aura - hug2.gif's I know how stressful it can be when symptom come and go... it's so frustrating.  Hope that your company is distracting you from all of it.  I think when we are on progesterone  you really can't figure out what symptoms are real and what are just from the meds.  Take to take a deep breath.  Fingers crossed for you. When is your beta again... sorry i forget the actual date.

Renavoo - so when will you find out if you are going on your trip or not?  I know you are figuring it is a go but i didn't know if you would for sure find out today or not?  So does that mean you will have to give your self shots or not yet?    You asked how i'm feeling... I'm doing pretty good.  I'm trying to stay positive and put all the BFN's I have gotten with all of these last two fresh and 1 FET behind me and look to the future and try to keep the hope alive which is kinda hard at times, but I know it is for the best.

AFM - I've been really crampy lately and I don't get it.  The only thing i can think is ovulation or something.  I'm on CD 17 today though so maybe i'm O'ing late this month.  Not looking forward to AF coming in a few weeks and hoping it isn't as bad as it was last month.    So i was doing a little more research on the whole flu shot thing and i'll post a link below so you can make a decision for yourself, but i think IF i WOULD get one I'd see if i could get one without the Mercury in it (or Thimerosal-free flu vaccine).  Not sure if they do that or not for adults, but i know they do it for kids.  It is the mercury that really scares me.  I really hate decisions like this b/c you just feel like you are between a rock and a hard place or you could be "damned if you do, and damned if you don't".  If i would get one I'd also want to do it before I'd get pregnant and not while i was pregnant, but that is just MY feeling b/c i'm going to be paranoid no matter what after all we have been through these last 5 yrs.  I may talk it over with my RE's nurse too, we will see.

Some of these are older so maybe there is more info that is more recent, but it show both sides in some of the comments which will only make the decision harder I have found:

http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-get-a-flu-shot-when-im-pregnant_2488.bc?startIndex=10&questionId=2488

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/520353/flu-shot-during-pregnancy

User Tag List