Fall IVF Thread: Let's hear it for the BFPs! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 965 Old 08-31-2011, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi!

Please join in and share your trials and tribulations during the IVF process. It's the Fall Season and hopefully, we get a lot of BFPs to herald this beautiful season.

If anybody wants their name off or put on the list , just let me know. Looking forward to meeting everyone and hoping we all will graduate soon. Let me know where you are in your IVF process by placing the information in BOLD and I will add you. Good luck to everyone and I look forward to getting to know you all!!! PS. We hope all of you graduates stick around to give advice and stalk away!!! STALKERS are welcome on this thread!!! (Thanks, Blue, for the introduction!)

For those ladies from the Summer IVF thread, please let me know how you would like me to update your blurb! I think some are outdated.

Fall IVF treehugger.gif

Gathering Information/Money / In Waiting

RCR: December IVF cycle?

Mole

Silverbird

PrayingHard: Currently on BCPs, waiting to start IVF stim cycle

Purple Piggy- Waiting

AprilMom

AuraLeigh

MamaColleen: Waiting for results of a mock cycle and hopefully, doing a FET in Oct/Nov

Julieven- Waiting for karyotype results, DH's urologist appt, my perinatologist appt, and the new year to free up some insurance coverage.

CassnBeth -moving towards IVF

Kinza - Hoping for IVF in May or June

gellybeangrl: Appointment at Sher Institute on October 7th, possible IVF December 2011 or January 2012

kneticnrgy - Jan IVF

Taxlady

alphahen

Suppression

Laggie- awaiting FET

On Stim

Trigger shot 

Egg Retrieval

Embryo Transfer

Deborahbgkelly: ER 11/2, ET 11/7. Test 11/18

Test Date

BellyBean 11/7/2011

Blueeyezz4 11/11/2011

joy.gifSummer BFPjoy.gif

Inwaiting -  8-3-11  ~transferred 2 embies

Keria - 6-13-11   ~transferred 2 embries 6-6-11= TWINStwins.gif

Bungalowmama - 8-5-11  ~transferred 2 embies

Lyndiramos -                ~ FET 3 embies

graf214 - 8-19-11   ~  transferred 2 embies

joy.gifFall BFP joy.gif

TenzinsMama- FREE baby!!!

Renavoo (waiting for US)

In our thoughts:

Our Fearless Predecessors

Missme 3-21-11  joy.gif

primipara 3-30-11  joy.gif

Kewpie80 5-20-11 - Twinsjoy.gif

Laggie 6/3/11  candle.gif

FtMPapa 1/26/10
Paytonsmommy 3/3/10
New Mama 3/19/10
KellyTTC#1 3/27/10
Samkris123 9/21
Slylives 10/4
Ratgrl - 10/16
Maurine - 11/23
Tear - Thanksgiving Day - 11/25

Sarahcecile 1-13-11

KristinaMarie 1-24-11

Sweetdynasty 2-14-11

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#2 of 965 Old 08-31-2011, 04:47 PM

Moved from the summer thread:

Thanks everyone.  All your kind words brought me to tears. 

rcr, how exciting that your first appointment is tomorrow!  I'll be praying for low levels for you!

Tear, I am happy you stalk us!  Congratulations again on your little girl!   That's such a sweet stage, hopefully you have started getting some sleep again :)  I have yet to see Tangled, but I hear it is great...maybe it can be a Birthday present for "DD"!

Keira, I am glad you stop in often too!  It's so nice to see your somersaulting ticker move :)

Kewpie, I am excited for your scan tomorrow!  Please keep us posted!!!!!!  I am dying to know!

Blue, I was going to volunteer for the Fall thread if I got a BFN tomorrow, but I am happy Renavoo snatched it up...I am taking this way worse than I normally do.  I can't believe how big Abby is getting.  What a cutie!

Renavoo, thanks for taking on the fall thread!  Your positive attitude is contagious.  I have always thought the thread keepers have extra baby dust karma :)  There is nothing wrong with stashing drugs!!!!  You wont be using any of those drugs during your FET are you?

Aura, Yippee for getting started again!!!!!!!  I hope this is the cycle for you!

Gelly, haven't heard from you in a while.  Hopefully your 2ww has gone better than mine!! 

AFM, too many tears today.  I really need to figure out my plan for next month (the dead month between cycles at my clinic).  I can ask if there is anyway to force ovulation from both ovaries (only have 1 tube now) and maybe do an IUI.  The other option I am considering is starting a fresh cycle right away at the other local clinic.  They run them continuously so I wouldn't have to wait...it would be $19,000 vs. $2000 for a FET at my current clinic (we have 15 frosties left - 5 blasts, 3 morulas, and 7 day3 embryos).  My only fear would be spending all that extra money and still walking away empty handed.  It would also be a serious drain on our finances...but so is doing a FET after FET.  I was also thinking maybe the next FET I could have them thaw Day 3's or morulas and have them grow to blasts before transferring...so it's more like my fresh blast transfer in 2009.  Maybe my body doesn't like recently thawed embryos, or they go into shock or something.  Also thinking about assisted hatching, not sure if that can be done during a FET?

It's hard because I have to decide what to do next month (fresh, IUI, nothing) before Day 1 because they would involve completely different drugs/protocols.  I am just not sure what the odds of me getting pregnant with an IUI when I keep transferring "great" blasts/embryos and that doesn't work.  I guess it would make me feel like at least I was doing something... 

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#3 of 965 Old 08-31-2011, 06:17 PM

Renavoo - The Fall Thread Looks great!!  Thanks for volunteering!!

rcr - hope all goes well tomorrow with you appt.  Keep us posted.

Belly - I always have a little hope especially after I had a neg. hpt the morning before my beta the first time so I'm still rooting for you even though I know it is hard.  Can you meet with you RE and talk about your options or find another RE and see what they think?  I think you would feel better if you could just sit down with someone and hear what they think is going on and why it is not working with all of these FETs.  Yes, Abby is getting so big.  Tonight on our walk you could totally tell she wanted to be picked up b/c she was tired of walking and I kept telling DH that is what she wanted and he was like "really" and then picked her up and she licked his face.  Poor little girl has an UTI and is on antibiotic b/c i guess she had blood in her urine so they needed to keep on top of it.  She was acting fine though so that is good just little issues with her increased need to pee and only having a few drops.  Hoping this medicine will clear her up especially before she has to be spayed.

aura - glad to hear you have power again at work.  Hope they work fast at cleaning the place up.

Tear - hug.gif so good to see your little update and I'm glad things are going well with the little girl!!!!  Hope it continues.  I have had several friends that have had babies with reflux and took them to a specialty type chiropractor and it cleared right up after a couple treatments and they didn't have to put them on the meds.  PM if you want more info.  Hope it doesn't last long!!

Kewpie - joy.gifso excited about your scan tomorrow!!!!!  Be sure to let us know.  Fingers crossed for one of each, even though I think it's two girls. - hoping that feeling is wrong.

April - how are you doing??

Deborah - Are you on the DHEA yet??

ItsMe - how are you doing???

Graf & Lyndi - how are you both feeling???  Just checking in on you both.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#4 of 965 Old 08-31-2011, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

I will definitely let you guys know what I find out tomorrow.  My appt is at 9:50 eastern and I should be home around noon, so don't expect anything before that.  I posted on facebook the upcoming u/s and some people made guesses.  Most have guessed one of each.  Of course I'll be thrilled with any of the 3 scenarios, but I am leaning towards one of each in case we can't get any more BFPs in future cycles.  We've already started planning to do another fresh when the babies are about a year old and then follow that up with a frozen (we only have 2 totsicles at the moment) if we need to... or for more siblings later.  We want a large family if we can be so blessed.

belly - I will be thinking of you tomorrow with your beta.  I'm still holding on to hope for you!  

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

***4***8**12***16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#5 of 965 Old 09-01-2011, 03:49 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Ladies!

Belly, my thoughts are with you today and i'm cheering you on...i hope that we'll hear from you this afternoon and you report a BFP! grouphug.gif If not, I totally get what you're saying about just DOING something. When I was told that i had to wait until October to do my FET, I was so angry that I told them I was considering an IUI so I wasn't sitting here doing NOTHING. Well, i guess i could have done an IUI but we decided to just go ahead with the FET preparation...it's 4 weeks of wasted time on BCPs (technically 3 weeks on BCPs but then another week waiting for my period, etc) but whereas my DH is raring to go, I thought it would be a good time for my body to recover from all the drugs last cycle. By the way, I can't believe that you had so many frozen embies!! That really is amazing. Also, i think it's a great idea to try to let your embies grow a little to see whether they are viable...it may force them to use more embies but that's ok because then you'll get the fighters!

Kewpie, can't wait to hear about the scan!! It's so exciting!! I'm hoping it's a boy and girl for you too but i get what you're saying...anything will be fine at this point! :o)

Blue, what's going on with you? how is life? Are you in a prep stage for anything? i think you said that you're doing a cycle in October, right? haha maybe we'll be cycle buddies!!

Aura, one of my greatest regrets is that during my first refill of Gonal F, I didn't actually get the full refill (I only got 1 of the 3 boxes of Gonal F). I just got what I thought I would need. That was so disappointing, knowing what I know now! But it's ok. Now, I'll have enough drug for most of my next cycle, if I require a next cycle (And if they don't change the type of cycle i'm on...hmmm) I don't think they will though because it seemed to work out quite well. I think that if I have to do another cycle, I will just take higher doses from the beginning. If I don't need them then, as you say, I'm sure someone on the thread will need them. I definitely want to be sure i don't waste the treatments...they are so darn expensive that they should be used! Anyway, so happy you're starting again!! let's get a BFP this time around!!!!

Tear, awww that's wonderful! 7 weeks!! How are you doing? I hope you're getting lots of sleep! :o) by the way, I loooooved Tangled. I love Pascal (the chameleon) and Max (the horse). haha I'm an animal person and they were just such funny and sweet characters.

RCR, How were the results? i hope you got the ok to start again! Yah!!

AFM, On day 5 of BCPs. Yesterday was a relatively nausea free day so i'm happy. Sigh, another 16 days left of BCPs. so just waaaaaaaaaaaaiting. haha. I did get some good news though...I don't want to be too optimistic but i think that I won't have to travel for work at the end of October. I'm really hopeful about it because i definitely don't want to have to worry about flying right after my transfer. I asked my RE and he said it is fine if I fly but they say you shouldn't if you don't have to because they don't want you to be on a flight or in an area where you can't get good care in case you suffer any ill effects. Oh well, hopefully, I don't have to worry about that!! My schedule is so crazy usually that i don't know when i have to fly anymore. But I'm happy that most of my clients are in NJ or CT so they are usually a drive away. Before, I had clients in Basel Switzerland and Chicago so i was ALWAYS traveling somewhere. I absolutely do not know how i would do this if I had to travel the way I did before!

love.gif

#6 of 965 Old 09-01-2011, 06:45 AM

Hi ladies, just dropping by quickly before DD wakes up and we head to the beta.  Surprisingly, I didn't POAS this morning.  I only had one left, so I thought I'd save it for an emergency later :)

I think I have decided to either do the fresh cycle or just wait for a FET in October.  I probably would have pushed for the IUI had we not just had the conversation about the ill effect of all these drugs.  It just seems like a waste to pump my body full of drugs when I can't even guarantee that the correct side will ovulate or that the cycle will have decent odds.  I am really upset that I had the ectopic and lost a tube making me even more infertile than before.  I should be having a baby in Novemeber not still trying! (sorry for the vent!)  So do I jump into a fresh or do another FET????  What would you guys do????  First FET was ectopic, 2nd cancelled too close to ectopic/ovulated, 3rd bad lining/low estrogen, 4th "perfect" but looking BFN.

Blue, I would love to sit down with both clinics and discuss (and I know it's worth the money), but my clinic charges $250 and the other clinic charges $350.  I plan on asking my RE a bunch of questions today when he calls with my results cause that's free :)

Renavoo, I hope your trip gets cancelled or postponed.  I don't think it would hurt, but it's nice if you don't have to worry about it!

Kewpie, I love that you guys are going for a large family!!  Stick it to IF :)

Hope everyone else is doing well today.  I hope to get my results by 2pm pacific...of course we all have a pretty good idea how it will end up.

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#7 of 965 Old 09-01-2011, 06:58 AM

Renavoo - Please update me to start stimms on 9/11

Thanks for starting the new thread!! YEAH for feeling a little better!!!

Belly - My prayers are with you today, I hope that the tests were wrong and you get the shock of your life!!  Please know that we are all hear pulling for you.

Blue - I am hanging in there - as someone else said BCP's are soooo boring.  I ordered my meds to be delievered today - WOW all of this adds up.  As though IF/IVF is not stresfull enough but DH and I are bickering about $ (more so his expectations as he feels I didn't set the... what ever, he was just not paying attention). 

Kewpie - thinking of you today and excited to hear what you are having!! 

AFM -  Waiting to get home to the meds to I can go through them and get ready for next Sunday.  So for those of you who did back-to-back fresh cycles... did you ever DTD inbetween??  I haven't felt up to it but I miss my husband and being intimate with him.  It feels like this takes such a toll on us anyway and that is just another way it impacts you.  I know once we start stimms we can't... but maybe before then while on BCP?

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; Paperwork/home study complete, waiting on a birth mom to 'pick' us

joy.gif got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14
#8 of 965 Old 09-01-2011, 07:35 AM

Belly is there a way to transfer your frosties out of that clinic?

Kewpie you are brave woman, at this time we think the twins will be our only kids, when we got married we wanted 4 kids but I just don't see myself doing another IVF. But maybe that will change. Can't wait to hear about your babies I'm keeping my vote for one of each.

Tear  so happy to hear from you!

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#9 of 965 Old 09-01-2011, 07:55 AM

So, we still don't know.  The nurse told me at the last appt that THIS appt today they would do the anatomy measurements and check genders, but she was wrong.  They just did a quick peek to look at hearts.  The doc said when you have a level 2 scan, they just do quick peeks at the OB office. My level 2 scan is tomorrow at 8am, so it' just one more day, but I'm still bummed. They're still alive and kicking though, we got to see that much.  They're both laying sideways on top of each other with heads together like they're in bunkbeds.

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#10 of 965 Old 09-01-2011, 08:15 AM

April - I know, I'm trying to figure out how to out smart the insurance system right now b/c DH just got a new job and he doesn't start there until the 26th, so that means new insurance.  With the new insurance we have a pretty big deductible and I don't know if any of the meds are covered yet.  Insurance is so confusing at times.  Our insurance now hardly will cover anything but like my antibiotic and the valium  which are the cheap drugs that I'd be happy to pay for if they paid for the gonal F.  Hopefully you got the Multi-dose vials of the gonal F b/c that is much cheaper and if you order a 450 you actually get 600 in the vial.  Just a little FYI so you know maybe if you have to get any refills you could switch.  I was wondering the same thing about DTD.  I can't remember when it was that we are suppose to start using protection but I'd think it would be soon for us.  I'd think you would be fine when you are on the bcp's but my RE doesn't use BCP's so I'm not 100% sure.  Maybe someone else would know.

Keria - how are you and the little ones doing??? Hope all is well!! 

Belly - still crossing fingers here!!!  Wow, your DD sleeps in late! That is nice for you to be able to get some things done in the am I'm sure or is this rare?

Renavoo - I hope you don't have to go on your business trip!!  I forget what you said you do again???  I'm doing fine.  Just waiting right now.  I won't start Lupron until like the 28th of Sept or so for our Oct. ER/ET cycle so just waiting on AF to show up next week I think. Or maybe we will get the surprise of our lives and get a BFP on our own this month - better not hold my breath!!!

FYI -  I'm sure a lot of you already know this and if you read my post above to April it is old news, but wanted to make sure everyone was aware b/c I didn't know this when I first started on this IVF or IUI process.  Anyways, Multi-dose vials of the gonal F are much cheaper and they are over- filled as well, so if you order a 450 you actually get 600 in the vial.  It might not be as convenient as the pens, but you don't have to refrigerate it which I find nice as well especially if you are out and about and have to take your shot with you you don't need a cooler.  Still in the waiting game for me... hoping for a BFP.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#11 of 965 Old 09-01-2011, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Hi all,

April, I updated your status :o) Sorry about the bickering with your DH...money is always such a stressful issue and I'm sorry that he's not being more understanding! It's not like you WANT to have to go through this again! I definitely see your point about setting expectations. 2 of my friends got pregnant on their first try. Because of that, DH and I had high expectations and the BFN brought us really low.

Blue, yah for starting soon! Although, since you're not on BCPs, maybe you can get a free baby? ;)

I hear even the pens for Gonal F have extra in it- the nurse told me that it has about 150 IU more too. I kind of figured but I also kind of wish that I was more efficient with the Gonal F I had previously :o) Oh well, I'm going to be as efficient as possible if I need to use the stims again :o)

Ugh, I'm so bloated and my clothing is so ill fitting. I could be just gaining weight; it's possible with what I eat but I don't feel like i'm eating more than usual. I'm thinking that it's the birth control pills. At least I hope so. Although maybe I should try eating healthier again. And I have been going to the gym again. sigh...I hate these drugs!!

love.gif

#12 of 965 Old 09-01-2011, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

renavoo - can you put me down as waiting for FET please?

blueyezz - did your Doctor have the vials of Gonal-F or did you order them online? Our pens were multi-dose and I used a syringe to suck out every last drop.

aprilmom - I was never told not to DTD at all during our IVF cycle, although I didn't want to because my ovaries were swollen and uncomfortable. But the month before we sure as heck did! 

Bellybean - personally I would keep trying with the frozen embryos, but I think you need to have a sit down appointment with your RE to discuss what is going on and ask all of your questions.

AFM - my freaking little sister announced on Facebook yesterday that she is pregnant. She already has a daughter that she has sent to live with her mom (we are half sisters, I only see her about once a year) and barely sees - when she does have her, her facebook page is full of requests for babysitters. Today she is already bitching about morning sickness. I had to block her, I don't have it in me right now to be happy for her AT ALL.

For my FET, my plan was that if I get my period by September 15th, I will wait a month in between, but if it's after September 15th then I will go straight into the FET cycle and start the birth control pills right away. Apparently it is about 6 weeks between starting the cycle and doing the transfer. I'm getting really impatient though, do you think I should wait for a full cycle in between or is that just a useless delay? The doctor says we can start right away but I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#13 of 965 Old 09-01-2011, 01:46 PM

Laggie, tough decision.  I am so impatient, I know I would want to go for it.  Then I look back at all the things I rushed and wished I would have taken my time.  I like your idea of setting a date based on AF though :)

Kewpie, bummer...but what's one more day right :)  Can't wait for tomorrow!

April, yay for getting started again!!

rcr, how did your FSH turnout?  What's a good number?  I just found mine from a few years ago when I was sorting through paperwork but didn't know what it meant :)

HI Aura, Gelly, Renavoo, Blue, Silver, Keria and everyone!

AFM, officially negative.  Here's the kicker....my clinic doesn't do a FET/IVF period in October!!!  The next time would be Dec 1st!  Can you believe that!!!!  Anyway, I called over to the other clinic and they have a cancellation for tomorrow!  I have been begging my current clinic to fax my records today, but they couldn't make any promises :(  The new clinic needs my records to know if they would even be willing to work with my embryos for a transfer there, or if they would require a fresh.  And of course everything needs to be decided by Monday when I will probably start my period so I could start whatever protocol....maybe I should keep taking the progesterone to delay it?????  Otherwise we will have to wait for October to try anything.  I am really thinking I should keep taking it at least unitl my appointment tomorrow morning....thoughts??   We already have a trip planned for the beginning of October so I don't think I can do a fresh right away since the timing would interfer and it can't be cancelled.  Excited, nervous, and still a little sad...but looking forward towards the future!!!

#14 of 965 Old 09-01-2011, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Belly, hug2.gif

I can't believe that you'd have to wait until December! What is it with these clinics!??! Don't they realize how difficult this is for us already without the stupid time restrictions? Personally, I would keep taking the progesterone too. And maybe you can go to your clinic and wait for them to print out your records? That way, you'll have them on hand. They may be more likely to work harder if you're standing there waiting for the records than if you're not there. It's always more difficult to say no in person. That just reminds me that maybe I should ask my current clinic for my records...I like keeping my records with me anyway in case I face an issue like you're facing. Especially because I have no patience to wait months to do what I want to do. I would probably want to start a fresh cycle because I would be afraid that maybe the freezing damaged the embies? Could you ask your RE about that? Also, I'm curious...did they ever tell you why they think that you ended up ectopic for your first FET? And almost ectopic for your second?

That leads me to Laggie...haha I wouldn't be able to wait so my suggestion is to get started. as for your sister, my SIL constantly writes me pages long "updates" telling me about her baby. Via email. Ugh, I hate it but I have been trying to just think that it's my nephew who is being born so I should be happy. And I am. I just wish that she would stop writing me! The worst is when she gives me "suggestions" about how to get pregnant. I mean, this from a girl who once told me that she would go to the bathroom RIGHT after BDing...and she wondered why she couldn't get pregnant. *rolling eyes* Sorry, I'm a little bitter. By the way, I updated your status.

Blue, I looooove your photo, by the way. Your puppy is sooooooooo cute!!! I just want to hug her!

love.gif

#15 of 965 Old 09-01-2011, 04:30 PM

Renavoo, you are so funny!  I am sorry you have to be here with us, but I really enjoy your company :)  I actually thought about going down there, but I really dislike confrontation and already felt bad asking for them in the first place. 

AFM, I faxed a really nice note with my medical release, and believe it or not they already faxed them over!!!  The lady at the new clinic couldn't believe it because she said they have a strict 2 week waiting period and always have problems getting records from them...but maybe since I was in there crying today they felt extra bad for me....I mean waiting till December isn't even an option!  I can't wait to meet with them tomorrow!  I wonder if they will recommend a fresh or if they think my frosties are any good.  They grade their embryos differently, but I have pictures of all of my transfers, so they'll be able to see my fresh 2 blasts, 2 thawed 3-day, 1 crappy morula, and my resent 2 thawed blasts, so they should have a general idea what they'll all be like ;) 

Blue, maybe it's the time difference cause I don't think DD sleeps in very late :)  But the hour or so I have in the morning before she wakes is my mommy quiet time where I watch something I DVR'd, facebook, MDC, and sip my coffee!  Hopefully, it wont be quiet and relaxing for too much longer!  Haha!

I just want to say how much I appreciate all of you.  When I was ready to jump off a cliff you were all here for me trying to make me feel better!  I couldn't/can't do it without you ladies.  I pray we all get what we desire soon luxlove.gif

#16 of 965 Old 09-01-2011, 05:40 PM

Belly I'm so sorry about your BFN :( I'm glad they got your records over so fast!  I hope the new clinic is willing to work with you.  Keep us posted!

IVF #1 11 weeks

#17 of 965 Old 09-01-2011, 06:15 PM

Belly - Awwww.... we love you too and even though I wish we were all in a DDC instead of here, I'm so glad we have you to support us too!!!grouphug.gif  So sorry to hear about your BFN!  Gosh, that makes me mad!! I was so hopeful for you and really wanted this to be your month.  I am so glad that you are going to get to talk to another RE.  Let us know how it goes.  I really think a fresh cycle is what you need b/c something is going on with those Frozen ones that seems to be causing you not to get your much deserved BFP.  Also, I think that is crazy that you wouldn't be able to do another cycle until Dec.  I think the time might be all off on the thread here and when I looked at it it said you posted at like 10:30am or something like that.

Renavoo - thanks!!!  She would love your hug and give you lots of kisses back!! She also likes to lick ears for some reason.

Kewpie - bummer about your scan today but I'll be excited to hear tomorrow.  Loved your bunkbed comment.  What time is your appt tomorrow? 

Laggie - thank God for the blocking feature on FB, is all i have to say.  About your other question... what is your reason for taking a month of?  Is it just for your own well being and just to take a break?  I know I always feel better when I'm doing something pro-active if I'm going to be continuing to try, but that might just be me.

#18 of 965 Old 09-01-2011, 07:26 PM

Belly im so sorry to hear of ur bfn but I am glad that you r hopefully having a great visit with a new clinic tomorrow! I think keria switched clinics and got her bfp if I remember right!! Fresh or fet im hoping this new cycle will bring u a bundle of joy!!

Afm long day headed to bed! Im 7 weeks 4 days today and had a wonderful u/s saw one little bean measuring to the day with a hb of 153! Excited but still taking it easy! Just pretty tired and nausous lately!

Blue vacation was great I wull check in later with more personals!

Praying for everyone good luck tomorrow kewpie!!!
#19 of 965 Old 09-02-2011, 06:45 AM
rcr

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Belly - I am so sorry. I am glad to hear that you got into the new clinic so fast. I hear stories about people switching clinics and getting pregnant as soon as they do. Hope that is true for you!

Lindi and inwaiting - Hi! Yay for babies!

Kewpie - I can't wait to hear

Laggie - I don't know, I took a long break for mental health, but now that I am back TTC, I guess if I were you I would just jump back into a FET if you think you are up for it. Why wait, right?

Rena - I have gained like 10 lbs since starting fertility treatments (with that have been 4 injectible cycles). I think some of it is bloating from the hormones, but I also gained a lot of weight even though I was not eating any more than I usually do. Maybe the hormones mess up your metabolism.

AFM- FSH was 11 yesterday. Yea, I know it is high, but it has been as high as 17 or 18 before, so for me I was happy with 11. (belly - the lower the better). So, I was able to start my cycle. I started the shots last night. I forgot how much menipur stings. Has anybody ever mixed menipur with the follistim that is made for the pen thing? I have mixed it with follistim that comes in the vial (made for a normal shot), but never the pen thing. I suppose you could, right? that would be one less shot, even though it is the menipur that I hate so much. The follistim isn't that bad.

Friends invited us camping this weekend. I want to go, but don't want to have to bother with shots in the woods. It isn't even a proper campground - just a forest with a lake that they know if, so there won't be any bathrooms (not that I need a bathroom to give myself shots), but I can't imagine giving myself shots without being able to spread everything out on the kitchen table like I always do, so I guess we won't be going. I was really excited to be invited, because they usually never invite us anywhere.

Last night I was freaking myself out about this breast cancer and IVF connection. I couldn't sleep, and I was laying in bed next to DS googling it. This is my 5th injectible cycle. Gah!

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#20 of 965 Old 09-02-2011, 07:17 AM

Pink AND Blue! Liam Edward and Maisie Faye are looking perfectly healthy and are very active. Liam is very proud to be a boy and was showing his junk off proudly. There is no doubt he's ALL BOY. Maisie spent most of the u/s kicking Liam in the head. (Maisie is pronounced MAY-zee)

ETA: for the record, baby A who is the one who was always jumping around and not sitting still for ANY u/s is the boy.  We kinda figured... lol

IVF #1 11 weeks

#21 of 965 Old 09-02-2011, 07:20 AM

joy.gifbabyboy.gifbabygirl.gifjoy.gif  So excited for you!!!!!!!!!!  Yay!!!!!  Congrats!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewpie80 View Post

Pink AND Blue! Liam Edward and Maisie Faye are looking perfectly healthy and are very active. Liam is very proud to be a boy and was showing his junk off proudly. There is no doubt he's ALL BOY. Maisie spent most of the u/s kicking Liam in the head. (Maisie is pronounced MAY-zee)

#22 of 965 Old 09-02-2011, 07:21 AM
rcr

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yay Kewpie! One of each!!!!

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#23 of 965 Old 09-02-2011, 10:12 AM

Yay kewpie, I war right! where is my prize? j/k.

Blue, my little ones are doing great  growing big and making me hungry all the time. I get to see them on the 15 maybe we'll find out the sexes then, right now I'm thinking it's 2 girls.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#24 of 965 Old 09-02-2011, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Hi all, I'd like to join this thread.  Well, you know what I mean... wish I wasn't in this situation in the first place, but since I am, I figure I may as well get a support system in place before I really get riding on this ttc rollercoaster.  I've been on here reading posts for the last couple of weeks, and I'm still trying get to know everyone well enough and where they are at on their journey, and understand all the IVF stuff-- so I won't do any personals yet.  But, I will say that I have been very touched by the experiences of everyone, the trials and tribulations, and I can see how encouraging and understanding everyone is of each other.  So, I'm happy I have this place to come to.  I wish we all didn't have to go through this.

So, Renavoo, please add me to the list under the one where it says "In waiting".  I don't know what my little blurb beside my name should say... Basically, I'm on our clinic's IVF waitlist (2-4 months), awaiting 'the call'.  Hopefully I can get started in November... fingers crossed... 

Thanks!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#25 of 965 Old 09-02-2011, 11:49 AM

Welcome Tenzins!  Sorry you have to meet us here, but it really is a great group of ladies!

Kewpie, YAY for team purple!!!!! Love the names!  joy.gif

Sorry, I can't stay long...cause I am at work and they monitor everything!!  But we just met with the new clinic and have our plan.  It isn't as soon as I would like but they seem to micro-manage every detail which fits my personality well.  There FET process is about 8 weeks, including BCP, Lupron, Estrogen (IM shots) and PIO.  So it looks like my transfer will be the end of October or Early November.  I wish it was sooner, but they have a strict system and would let me do a quicker natural cycle, but don't believe it is in my best interest.  So I will do exactly what they say.  He also said he would want to thaw all my day 3s and let them grow to blast and transfer the best 2, if needed he would thaw the day 4s and blasts too.  Then vitrify anything remaining for use later.  I like that he had the same plan that I thought I had made up in my head :) 

The only bummer is the cost.  I am having 3 tests done in 2 weeks that will cost $1,000.  1 is using saline to look for polyups, 1 is a "mock transfer" (not sure I really need that one), and then they are doing a blood flow study with sonogram to my uterus.  It's a 30 min appointment...how is that even legal!

#26 of 965 Old 09-02-2011, 12:57 PM

Copy from another thread because you ladies might know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenzinsMama View Post

April, that is very reassuring.  Yes, the clomid was so hard on me, I had so many nasty side effects that were physical, mental and emotional, and I seemed to get many of the ones that were considered 'rare'.  And then the effects seemed to last for such a long time. 

I'm just starting to get AF, should be full flow by tomorrow and then I get to call my period date into our clinic and then get officially put on the waitlist.  It's 2-4 months.  Now that we've made the decision to go ahead, I just want it to happen sooner rather than later.  Our RE gave us a quick run-down on what to expect in terms of the protocol, but I'm still not really sure of the time process.  I know that our clinic closes for a week in December for the Christmas break, so I don't know what they do when people are cycling through things and it comes time to do a transfer or whatever else is time sensitive-- can they tweak meds so that it coincides with when they are open, I wonder...?

I would assume they would adjust your timeline to account for their time off (ie. make you take BC and go through supression longer?) but I also know other clinics do not use BCP's so not sure.  Wow - 2-4 month wait list?  I know what you mean about once deciding just wanting to jump in...

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; Paperwork/home study complete, waiting on a birth mom to 'pick' us

#27 of 965 Old 09-02-2011, 01:01 PM

I had a 'mock' transfer and wasn't sure that was needed as I did IUI's in the past.  My RE did this at the same time as the saline procedure and it tells him exactly where to transfer the embryo's, we are all different and I think it helps reduce the chance of egtopic pregnancy.  Congrats on having a plan!  Sounds like this is a good fit/move for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyBean View Post

Welcome Tenzins!  Sorry you have to meet us here, but it really is a great group of ladies!

Kewpie, YAY for team purple!!!!! Love the names!  joy.gif

Sorry, I can't stay long...cause I am at work and they monitor everything!!  But we just met with the new clinic and have our plan.  It isn't as soon as I would like but they seem to micro-manage every detail which fits my personality well.  There FET process is about 8 weeks, including BCP, Lupron, Estrogen (IM shots) and PIO.  So it looks like my transfer will be the end of October or Early November.  I wish it was sooner, but they have a strict system and would let me do a quicker natural cycle, but don't believe it is in my best interest.  So I will do exactly what they say.  He also said he would want to thaw all my day 3s and let them grow to blast and transfer the best 2, if needed he would thaw the day 4s and blasts too.  Then vitrify anything remaining for use later.  I like that he had the same plan that I thought I had made up in my head :) 

The only bummer is the cost.  I am having 3 tests done in 2 weeks that will cost $1,000.  1 is using saline to look for polyups, 1 is a "mock transfer" (not sure I really need that one), and then they are doing a blood flow study with sonogram to my uterus.  It's a 30 min appointment...how is that even legal!

#28 of 965 Old 09-02-2011, 02:00 PM

Tenzins, based on my experiences with a fresh and several FET's at a clinic with limited "open" time, they know exactly how to take that into account.  Like April said, they would probably extend the BCP or supression if you get started at the beginning of December.  Our old clinic only did IVF/FET for 2 weeks every other month, so they can definitely make sure everyone is "on time".

AFM, HELP!  So I called my "old" clinic and asked if my embryos could be prepared for a move to the new clinic.  Yesterday was the last day the old clinc was open doing IVF/FET...but when I called over, they said they had put my aside since I was asking for my records, assuming I would be changing clinics.  Well, then the RE says that he would make an exception and use space at a local hospital (that also does ART), to do a transfer for me at the end of the month if I wanted!  WHAT!?!  It went from December to September!?!  It's an "exception", but still, I didn't know that was an option.  What do you think?  The cost would be WAY less, like $5000 less, but I am not sure that I will get a different result, if I just do the same thing again...especially with doing it at a different place that isn't the standard clinic, it would be a different embryologist too. 

I like the plan the "new" clinic made (although it's a long protocol that will put my transfer late October/early November), and I feel confident about it, but then I also feel bad since I told the old RE I was leaving since he couldn't get me in until December.  Now he changed his date, what do I say?  Or should I try him again?  Please feel free to offer advice, I kind of told my mom a little about it today (she doesn't know we have done IVF, FET) just because I needed someone to listen and give their opinion.

#29 of 965 Old 09-02-2011, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Lyndi, Keria, and Kewpie, thanks for checking in! Kewpie, I love your names...and i love the fact that your little boy is going to be a rambunctious one!

RCR, I'm so happy you're starting! I really envy your time off, by the way...sometimes I feel like i want to do that too. Just take some time and not worry about it. But i know i'd worry about it anyway because my brain is defective that way. Sheepish.gif I'm really really sorry we started the discussion about cancer. I'm sure during your searches you found that they haven't been able to find definitive evidence that cancer risk is increased. Also, according to the clinical studies, EVERYTHING causes cancer. I mean, my typing on this keyboard probably showers me with radiation and leads to cancer. hehe seriously, please don't worry!!

Belly, YAH TO HAVING A PLAN!! I'm excited for you! Can you get the saline sonogram covered? Does your insurance not even cover diagnostics? I know my RE also used my saline sonogram as a "mock transfer"- they just like to have a plan of the uterus. By the way, what a regimen for your FET. I wonder why you need the Lupron. You know, I'm a little worried because I wonder if injectible estrogen and PIO is a more effective way to go. I asked my RE and he said that it was the same but it does look like more people (including him) prefer the injectibles...or at least, start out with them!

Ooph, i typed this up and then read your second post. the question is, would this new doctor put you on the same regimen and also, allow for the blastocyst development? If so, it may be worth it to go forward. Although, then again, it really is only an additional month and a half...do you feel like you'd have any regrets rushing? i mean, if you don't end up with a BFP, will you blame this? If not, I would go for it! (incidentally, I would probably go with the quicker route, just because i'm impatient like that.)

April, how are you doing? how's everything going for you so far?

AFM, on day 6 of BCPs out of 9,820,983 days. Or at least, it feels like I'll be on them that long :o) I went to my new gyn this morning and I really like her. I get in there though and the nurse measures my height and my weight and suddenly, I'm shorter and heavier. I told the nurse and the doctor that this is not a good way to start off the appointment. hehe at least my blood pressure was ok. Seriously, I did gain like 5 pounds though. i really need to go on a diet. I'm sure the dunkin donuts muchkins I ate afterwards didn't help. Maybe i'll start my diet tomorrow. I'm happy i like my new gyn though!

love.gif

#30 of 965 Old 09-02-2011, 03:10 PM

Renavoo, yay for a great ob!  I really like mine too, and it just makes things so much better.  Love your comment about suddenly being shorter and fatter :)  I hope they laughed too!

So I guess the debate for me is just deciding if I should change RE's now that mine said he would do the FET sooner for me.  I feel like my chances at the new clinic are better  and I think they have the skills/expertise to thaw my Day 3s and let them grow to blast...I mean they brought it up!  Even though I have been thinking about it for weeks.  I guess I am more worried about hurting my old RE's feelings now that he offered to get me in sooner.  And the cost of course, I mean a $5000 difference for an FET isn't chump change.  Why must things be so complicated!?!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page