Do you ever feel like a sucker? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 10-31-2011, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Like when you need to start your THIRD big bottle of prenatal vitamins, but you're still not even pregnant? Like when you wake up early on your days off to temp? Like when you keep going back to the doctor to get poked a prodded, but still no baby? Sometimes it just feels a little too ridiculous.

I figure if anyone might understand it would be you ladies!

Working mom to DD 02/2008. Hoping to stay pregnant with #2, due 09/13/2012...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 23 Old 11-01-2011, 02:59 AM

yesyesyesyesyes!

#3 of 23 Old 11-02-2011, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I feel like a sucker every time I look at my bank statement- Acupuncture, Chiropractor, VitaminWorld, BostonIVF, Amazon.com, Village Pharmacy.... but aren't we all a sucker for that squishy newborn smell too... dizzy.gif

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
recurrent miscarriages IVF 2/13@10w , FET 6/13@7w, IVF 10/13@4w, FET 2/14 @4w
Failed IVF 5/14, IVF OHSS Freeze all with PGD 8/14- 6 PGD normal embryos
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting TWINS after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts 9/13/14
***4***8**12***16***20***24***28***32***36* **40
#4 of 23 Old 11-04-2011, 06:43 PM

I was on prenatals for over a year before I ever got pregnant.  I'm 8 weeks today.  ;-)

#5 of 23 Old 12-01-2011, 02:45 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yes!!! I have been on every supplement known to even potentially help with fertility for almost 4 years now. Still not pregnant. Those damn Maca pills are a load of crap if you ask me, yet I still keep taking them. Ugh.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#6 of 23 Old 12-01-2011, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, and all those lovely Progesterone suppositories that I have to put up my hooha twice a day for weeks, even as those pregnancy tests turn up snow white every time... Sometimes I'm sad, sometimes it's just so ridiculous I ALMOST laugh.

Working mom to DD 02/2008. Hoping to stay pregnant with #2, due 09/13/2012...

#7 of 23 Old 12-01-2011, 09:04 PM

You know what makes me feel like a sucker? All those years on birth control. Taking the morning after pill because a condom broke pre-ejaculation. Pulling out. Ever worrying about a late period. Charting to avoid.

Sigh.

L, student nurse and married to A, my union man. Happy parents to little S!   joy.gif

#8 of 23 Old 01-13-2012, 07:12 PM

Aphel- I just said this the other day- I know that some suffer from fertility issued in their 20's however most women I know are in their 30's= We say you spend you 20 trying not to get pregnant, then you spend your 30's trying to get pregnant.  I even tried not to get pregnant with my husband so we could do international travel.  Now I think- I would certainly give up some trip's to have been pregnant- hind-site is 20/20.

heartbeat.gif my September baby Augustus heartbeat.gif

#9 of 23 Old 10-07-2012, 04:24 PM

Bumping. I am feeling like a major sucker today. Didn't buy my prenatals because i felt like a sucker, just buying another bottle, again. So i didnt buy it, then i thought i would buy a regular vitamin and couldnt decide which one , and again felt like a sucker. Now i feel like i am without vitamins for too long and dont know what to do. How long can this go on? Its like i am feeling conflicted about wanting to be pregnant because i dont think i can for many confusing reasons. I just think if i buy the prenatals, what will happen when they run out again, not that its going to be anytime soon, but still. Its getting old and getting the better of me.
#10 of 23 Old 10-07-2012, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Yep defintly feeling like a sucka.  Feel like a sucka when all my facebook add offer things for my non existent pregnacy/child. vitamins, IVF, acuputre, rexflexology, hypnothapy you name it I've tried it.  Really starting to wonder if this will ever happen and if I should just give up.

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#11 of 23 Old 10-07-2012, 05:06 PM

Its so great to not feel like a sucker all alone but that doesnt mean i am glad you all feel like suckers! Nothing makes sense when i feel like this. I find myself thinking how good it is to not be having a child and every possible good thing about that. So frustrating. Its like i must convince myself just in case i need to be prepared, but then i find myself believing it. No more worrying about diapers, potty training, accidents, cleaning messes off the floor in middle of night, not having enough money, instability of future, having a daughter grow up to suffer with the same stuff i am dealing with, ,,,should i go on,? Anyone else do this to themselves? I am so good at convincing myself of these things lately, its a strange road.
#12 of 23 Old 10-07-2012, 07:11 PM

I totally get it.  23 cycles into the TTC process, birth control seems like a complete joke.  The only good thing was it kept my AF's light and less painful.  Why did I even bother and worry over missed pills?  Who was I kidding???  I've done 4 rounds of Clomid and now trying soy in hopes of BFP.  FX and praying for all of us ladies this month so we aren't suckers any longer!

#13 of 23 Old 10-07-2012, 08:29 PM

I read the sleep deprivation posts trying to convince myself there is no way I want to parent. Am i the biggest sucker? I cant even tell how i would feel if i wasnt having health issues, so i confuse myself not knowing whether or not its how i feel or to just prepare for not conceiving. Have i changed my mind? Has not conceiving been good for me and helped me realize i dont want to because of all the stresses involved that i have convinced myself are just too much. Or has dealing with all of this ruined my confidence? I could go on and on. I feel like i am confessing all these things that make me feel guilty.
#14 of 23 Old 10-08-2012, 09:07 PM

Bump. I am so selfish between here and the pity party post & i want someone to reply to my thoughts, which are more like thoughts to myself yaknow? Maybe VB i will start my own thread about these complex feelings. And dont, let me make you feel sucked in to my suckerness LOL.
#15 of 23 Old 10-12-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphel View Post

You know what makes me feel like a sucker? All those years on birth control. Taking the morning after pill because a condom broke pre-ejaculation. Pulling out. Ever worrying about a late period. Charting to avoid.

Sigh.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  OMG!  And don't forget all the $$$$ on OPK and pregnancy tests...ugh.  

#16 of 23 Old 10-12-2012, 05:07 PM

Here We Are:  Same thing here....maybe I don't want a kid...I like to sleep and travel and all my friends are like "you're so lucky" so I convince myself I don't actually want it as bad as I do.  Then I see a baby and forget it.  Tears and sleepless nights and fits of anger.  

#17 of 23 Old 10-13-2012, 04:00 PM

Deleted
#18 of 23 Old 10-13-2012, 06:46 PM

I'm just mad.  So mad.  My personality is when I get mad I immediately hate, disengage, and run.  That's kind of hard when you are mad at your own body.  Sigh.  I think we are all mental head cases.  This thing does that to us.

#19 of 23 Old 10-15-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothfairy2be View Post

I feel like a sucker every time I look at my bank statement- Acupuncture, Chiropractor, VitaminWorld, BostonIVF, Amazon.com, Village Pharmacy.... but aren't we all a sucker for that squishy newborn smell too... dizzy.gif

I here ya.

Skeemama

homebirth.jpguc.jpgnovaxnocirc.gifwinner.jpg

namaste.gif &  whistling.gifDH,  twins.gif crumb crunchers &  3 angel.gif babies.

#20 of 23 Old 10-31-2012, 12:02 AM

Argh..I can so relate. Feel like a huge sucker when I see the bin sitting in my bedroom that's filled with infant items collected over the last 8 years. Or when I purchase another pregnancy book. Or walk into a baby store. Or read another parenting article. Or research another product. Or take a new supplement. Or say a prayer and try bargain with a higher power. I feel like Meryl Streep masquerading pain and acting about how fine I am and whatever will be, will be. When in reality, I just don't want to deal with what seems to be the inevitable sadness & emptiness I may have to face. Phew...that was a lot. Sorry for the hijack. I don't wish this on anyone.
#21 of 23 Old 10-31-2012, 09:24 AM

I feel all these feelings exactly. So so much.

I also feel like a sucker that I put off trying to have a baby my first 3 years of marriage-- my job at that time didn't pay enough to cover day-care so I wanted to wait until I could afford day care. Now I wish I hadn't waited. Although I don't know if it would have made any difference- I was 26 then and I'm only 30 now.

Happily married for 5 years. Tried for our first baby 6/2011, got preg right away, and miscarried. Took a 4 month break, and then had nothing but infertility & a few early miscarriages until 12/2012 when we learned I had a lumpy edge in my uterus. Doc removed it and now we are trying again....

#22 of 23 Old 10-31-2012, 12:48 PM

Deleted
#23 of 23 Old 11-01-2012, 12:20 AM

So sorry you have to deal with that, especially after your losses. My collection started innocently enough with the hopeful intent of preparing for parenthood. It gave me a secret joy, planning for a future child. Now, it's become sort of a dirty little secret. And in the last 8 years I have given things away from my sad, hopeless "stash". I can only imagine how painful it must be to do that after conceiving and then suffering a loss. My hubby is supportive but does find it sad that I have a little stash waiting for a child that may never arrive. Thankfully, he's not judgemental in the least & has never criticized or questioned my need for it. It's just one of those things that gives me hope & makes the possibility seem more real and tangibile. Unfortunately, when I'm down, it also makes me feel like a "sucker" for clinging to what feels like a false hope. I wish that we can all overcome that "sucker" feeling and come to terms with whatever reality faces us, here and in the future.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page